IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

Just as someone recently mentioned (sorry, I cannot recall who) if you have to tell people that you never abused your children, you probably have a credibility problem; the same holds true if you have to devote a whole blog post to how happy you are in your marriage. I know lots of married couples that take walks, hold hands and laugh together.  

There's a whole lot of convincing going on at Lori's blog lately. 

We've also talked before about the fact that there has been no "satisfied customers" commenting on her blog and praising Lori as a mentor.  You know what else?  There appear to be no "real life" friends that comment on her Facebook page or her blog. No "We always have such fun when we go out with you and Ken," or "Yes! You two looked especially nice at that wedding last week."  Does anybody else think that's odd?  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I know lots of married couples that take walks, hold hands and laugh together.  

To that point, Lori said:

At restaurants when I see a couple laughing and having fun together, I usually notice that neither of them have rings on their ring fingers while married couples sit there and hardly say a word to each other. 

Lots of married couples don't wear their wedding rings.  My husband and I don't, and we've been married almost 16 years.  I have our rings in a jewelry box, but neither of us are particularly fond of jewelry.  

She is just so very simple minded...  

51 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lots of married couples don't wear their wedding rings.  My husband and I don't, and we've been married almost 16 years.  I have our rings in a jewelry box, but neither of us are particularly fond of jewelry.  

I don't wear my rings. They bug me. Hubby wears his...if we're out to eat, we're either talking or shoving food in our faces. There's also that thing about sitting in comfortable silence...we don't HAVE to talk all the time. We've been together for so long that we know how the other would react to something. However, we are almost always holding hands as we walk, he always opens doors for me, and there's the ever-famous (at least to us) prohibition on coffee making by yours truly. 

Bitch wouldn't know a happy marriage if it bit her in the ass.

At restaurants when I see a couple laughing and having fun together, I usually notice that neither of them have rings on their ring fingers while married couples sit there and hardly say a word to each other. 

They're probably just not talking to each other because they're too busy scrutinizing all the other couples to see how happy they seem together and whether or not they're wearing wedding rings. That's what people in "happy" marriages do at restaurants, right?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

To that point, Lori said:

She is just so very simple minded...  

Meanwhile, rage-faced Lori is sitting there primly STARING at everyone in the restaurant not only to see who is flirting with whom but also to see what is on their fingers. Damn, girl, what a boring date you must be.

I think my husband would be hurt if I were too busy ogling other couples to pay attention to him. Maybe we're just doing it wrong. Please, blog me a blog on how to date properly.

13 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

They're probably just not talking to each other because they're too busy scrutinizing all the other couples to see how happy they seem together and whether or not they're wearing wedding rings. That's what people in "happy" marriages do at restaurants, right?

Then hubby and I must be miserable...

What is it with conservatives and trying to be a leading speaker about something they've utterly failed at? Lori on happy marriages, Bristol Palin on abstinence, the Duggars on parenting... I'd say GW Bush and painting but he's not quite that bad.

Is there anything Lori's actually good at? I guess her handwriting is pretty, if she worked at it she might be a decent calligrapher (her existing efforts aren't impressive).

Also- I'm pretty sure I'm happily married and sometimes we're both reading books at dinner. We just really like reading books (and to some extent talking about books)? I think slowly eating a great dinner while reading a great book (possibly with a great glass of wine) is one of life's most under-rated pleasures, and doing it with company is even better.

That's my idea of a party, y'all- bring a dish, a book, and a booze to swap. Lots of comfy chairs. Occasional discussion. Like a book club but without the requirement to all read the same book.

5 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

That's my idea of a party, y'all- bring a dish, a book, and a booze to swap. Lots of comfy chairs. Occasional discussion. Like a book club but without the requirement to all read the same book.

I'll be right over...just gotta stop for the wine!

I had an argument with somebody once over this kind of thinking about poverty...That there's ALWAYS something else you can give, that poor people are just never doing enough or giving enough.

I actually wasn't talking about myself (hubby and I are pretty solidly middle-middle class, after an initial extra fun run with near-poverty), but about people who do *everything* and still barely have anything. News flash: they still have basic needs! Psychological needs, even! You can't just go without everything and still come out OK! 

Woman: poor people just want to live in luxury, they aren't willing to do what it takes. 

Me: OK, what do you think they should give up? 

Her: they don't need a phone or internet, those are luxuries. You can go without a bed and sleep on a mattress or cot. And cars too, you can live without a vehicle. 

Me: how are they supposed to set up doctor's appointments then? Or a job interview if they're unemployed or looking for a better job? 

Her: they could go to a library.

Me: how are they supposed to get there without a vehicle? What if they live in a cold climate or a rural area? 

Her: take public transportation.

Me: well not all areas have public transportation, and not all public transit is accessible. That wouldn't work for us, for example. 

Her: well you could walk.

Me: my husband can't walk, he's paralyzed. 

Her: then he can stay inside. 

*Fin*

She was still nicer than Lori would have been. 

@SweetFellowshipper - I know that conversation. Sleeping in my truck "well be thankful you are out of the elements". Going hungry because we were trying to pay off our cars "well sell them and use the money to get situated". On and on and on with absolutely NO comprehension of what it's like. Now it's more like stocking up on groceries when I'm working to have something put aside for when I'm not. Answer to that..."get a full time job"...sure thing...where? "Well, just move." That costs big money and companies aren't paying relocation anymore. We won't discuss what going back to the full-time corporate grind would do for my mental health (it wouldn't be pretty) but that's looked at like a weakness instead of the serious mental/medical issue that it is. 

I have a resume that is outstanding...and an interesting variety of issues that make going back to the corporate world about the worst thing I could do for myself...however, these idiots think that I turned down that job just because I'm lazy. No...I don't really want to end up on even heavier medications and vomiting on my way to work every morning from stress. 

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

. On and on and on with absolutely NO comprehension of what it's like.

That's Lori in a nutshell.  On and on she goes, squashing round pegs in square holes (or is it the other way around?) that SHE didn't even squash her own self into!!!!!!! 

Why does any woman listen to Lori?

I once read a Facebook conversation a while back that arose from(I think)the Bernie Sanders meme "Nobody who works 40 hours a week should live in poverty."  Some choice excerpts:

"Well, nowhere is it written that one job should cover all your needs.  If you want more, work more."(And sleep...when?)

"Why don't you just go back to school?"(Yeah, and how are supposed to pay for it if you can barely pay for food/rent?)

And when someone mentioned that she was disabled and couldn't work, she was called on it* and given the helpful suggestion "You seem to be able to type and use the English language reasonably well.  Why don't you become a secretary?  They make good money."(Because that makes her *totes* qualified for that job.)

:head-desk:

*Not knowing this person, I have no reason not to believe her.

I was checking FB at just the right time and caught this comment from 7 minutes ago which will clearly be deleted soon:

"I am a mother of 5 children, ages 7-19. I have worked part-time while raising my children. I am a nurse. I believe God gave each of us unique gifts & a unique purpose for His kingdom. I am saddened that your focus has become to alienate women who work outside the home. As believers in Christ, we need to encourage one another. We need to mentor to all, not just those who agree with our lifestyle. Those who stand against our belief of Jesus Christ do so as a united group. We are dividing ourselves over quarrels that I believe would disappoint our Heavenly Father. 
My oldest 3 children are biological. I wanted to adopt, but my husband was unsure, fearful of the process, concerned over how our family could suffer disappointment in the process. Yet he wanted to be in God's will. He said "Short of a phone call & someone handing us a baby, I don't know if I can do it." We continued to pray for God's will. It became my daily prayer. "Lord, if there is a baby out there that needs our family & we would be a good fit, please make it clear to us." Well, in God's timing, I received a phone call one evening from a coworker. "Melanie, I feel led to call you & ask you if you want a baby." She proceeded to explain the situation with a young girl & 2 days later, we picked up our 4th child. 15 months later, we were asked at church to care for another baby, & she became child number 5. 
God knew my job status. He still chose us. 
I would ask you to be in prayer about the focus of your ministry. Jesus is not mentioned in that whole post. If Jesus sat down with you & I, would He be concerned about my job status? He has plenty of things He could list that I need to do better so I can shine my light for Him! But I don't think my job status is one of them. In fact, I think He led me down the career path He had planned out for me. A career where I can care for others, pray with patients & families, witness to them, hold a newborn as it takes its final breath, celebrate miracles, comfort frightened families, educate families how to care for their family member at home, the list goes on. 
That being said, I believe God called others to stay home. I have absolutely no problem with that. Bless you & them for following His calling in your life. 
It's all about Jesus!"

11 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

Also- I'm pretty sure I'm happily married and sometimes we're both reading books at dinner. We just really like reading books (and to some extent talking about books)? I think slowly eating a great dinner while reading a great book (possibly with a great glass of wine) is one of life's most under-rated pleasures, and doing it with company is even better.

As a serious introvert, this sounds like my ideal dinner party. Pull up a chair, grab a plate, and dive into your book. Talk or not. Enjoy! 

48 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I was checking FB at just the right time and caught this comment from 7 minutes ago which will clearly be deleted soon:

Oooooo Mama ain't gonna like that comment...

@smittykins the "just go back to school" crap is so ridiculous. You don't have any money or time? Spend years getting a degree to put you in major debt! What?!?!?!

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What a beautiful post. That woman really hits the nail on the head on what's so wrong about Lori's "ministry". Thanks for sharing, Alwas Discerning.  I doubt it will stay up very long, unless it becomes a good starter for a discussion that Lori will win, of course. 

I always pay attention to how she disagrees with others who translate the same portions of the verse.  Another commenter highlighted the point of the woman buying a field and vineyard and making garments to sell.  The Godly Mentor ASSUMES she sold them from her door to passers-by.  I just read the whole verse...there is nothing there that says from where she sells...only that she does.  History being what it is, the more likely answer is that she left her children in the care of maid staff and went to market.  "She is like the merchant ships and brings her food from afar"  How can she do that if she never leaves the house?  Certainly sounds like a working woman to me. 

Also (I'm no bible scholar) I'm assuming that this passage is meant to have been the God inspired words from King Lemeuls' mother to him?  Not just a conversation between a mother and her high ranking son?  

3 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

@smittykins the "just go back to school" crap is so ridiculous. You don't have any money or time? Spend years getting a degree to put you in major debt! What?!?!?!

Even better, if you're in most educational programs full time, you're excluded from receiving things like SNAP benefits. So if you want to get a higher degree or change fields, but you also have to like, feed your kids in the meantime...???? 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

LOL, Lori posts a note book entry where she quotes a man that says yoga pants are a fetish item!

"Both of which I hope my wife will wear to the bedroom, if I ever have one." 

This poor man doesn't even have a bedroom. Maybe he should focus on sorting that out rather than fetishizing women in yoga pants all day?

22 minutes ago, polecat said:

"Both of which I hope my wife will wear to the bedroom, if I ever have one." 

This poor man doesn't even have a bedroom. Maybe he should focus on sorting that out rather than fetishizing women in yoga pants all day?

I really hope Lori's followers will take up a collection and get that poor lonely man a bedroom. 

I am looking forward to Lori's next post about the plunging neckline fetish. Should be highly informative. 

Wait, so now we're not supposed to wear things that are fetishized? No high heels, no stockings, no swimsuits, no boots, nothing in certain fabrics like leather or spandex? Ridiculous. What about children, are they allowed to wear diapers? Yeah, that's a fetish too. :pb_confused:

38 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, so now we're not supposed to wear things that are fetishized? No high heels, no stockings, no swimsuits, no boots, nothing in certain fabrics like leather or spandex? Ridiculous. What about children, are they allowed to wear diapers? Yeah, that's a fetish too. :pb_confused:

Some people have a foot fetish. WHAT DO I DO WITH MY FEET??!!??

I tell you what; Lori would have to pry my boots off my cold dead body. I have a SEVERE love of boots and dread the day it's too warm to wear them. But then again. I also have a SEVERE love of ballet flats so I just move from one foot idol to another, depending on the calendar. 

Wait. Maybe *I* have a foot fetish. 

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

The Godly Mentor ASSUMES she sold them from her door to passers-by.  I just read the whole verse...there is nothing there that says from where she sells...only that she does.  History being what it is, the more likely answer is that she left her children in the care of maid staff and went to market.  "She is like the merchant ships and brings her food from afar"  How can she do that if she never leaves the house?  Certainly sounds like a working woman to me. 

Exactly!  She would have had to leave her home to go to the market.  There is no way she could sell from the doorway of her home unless she lived right at the dock where the ships were.  I also doubt that male merchants would be stopping by her house without her husband at home.  Can you imagine the rumors with men coming and going out of her house?  

That passage also mentions she gave things to her maidservants, so that shows she likely had a nanny as well.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived