IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I just wonder why orthodontics, why the interest? Can I just start consulting doctors without  medical experience. I guess you just need business experience.  sorry I was wrong but I recall lots of references here to "orthodontist husband". Either way they still appear to have money.

There are some degree and training programs that are geared towards the business administration part of the medical field. I think Ken and Ryan are doing something like that just geared to orthodontics. Ken's business seems to do quite well for what it is. I do think he has lost potential clients either because they don't want to spend money on consulting services or they have googled Ken and have come across Lori's blog.

On Ken's site, there is a a testimonial by a female orthodontist. I truly hope she finds out about Ken and Lori's online activities and their comments about women.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming back to the comment in the article, do you see how irrational the fears are that they portray? They fear men will have a free pass to demean women at home and in the workplace! Feminists still are in control of the Universities and the media. It’s not feminists who have kept women from being demeaned. 

So, several questions: 

1. Did Lori miss all of the post-election sexual and gender harassment news stories? It doesn't occur in just in the workplace, it happens at school, on the street, pretty much everywhere. How is it an irrational fear?

2. Feminists control universities and the media?? What in the world is she talking about? Yes, feminism has influenced society and the media, but I don't see feminists pulling puppet strings of higher education institutions and dictating what is taught.

3. Going back to number 1, I think this points out the daily privilege that Lori experiences as an upper middle class Caucasian woman that worked as a SAHM, living in a wealthy suburb of San Diego. She's never had to worry about being safe or how to defend herself commuting to work or even running errands, or had to fight the preconceived notions of others based on the color of her skin and/or gender.  

Her grammar and word usage still bother me.

On the other hand, Ken appears to own the practice that his orthodontist son joined a couple of years ago in upstate NY. Ken describes himself as:

"The CEO of a Large Orthodontic Practice: Bartlett & Alexander Orthodontics"

I guess he bought a share of that business so his son would have a practice.

33 minutes ago, Hisey said:

You really think Ken's business is doing well? Not so sure here. I found this a few weeks ago. Have to wonder why they need to get "brand therapy" is things are going so well in Ken's company.

http://www.martinabrandtherapy.com/alexander

Hmm, interesting. Looks like they didn't get their money's worth out of that brand therapy; the new website is 50 shades of bland.

That 'coat of arms' inspiration, though. Talk about an ounce of pretension... more like a pound of manure. :roll:

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

You really think Ken's business is doing well? Not so sure here. I found this a few weeks ago. Have to wonder why they need to get "brand therapy" is things are going so well in Ken's company.

http://www.martinabrandtherapy.com/alexander

Reputation management, perhaps?

And no, I don't get a "boutique" feel from his site at all. I get a really boring blah feeling from that site. I wonder what his bounce rate is?

4 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

1. Did Lori miss all of the post-election sexual and gender harassment news stories? It doesn't occur in just in the workplace, it happens at school, on the street, pretty much everywhere. How is it an irrational fear?

2. Feminists control universities and the media?? What in the world is she talking about? Yes, feminism has influenced society and the media, but I don't see feminists pulling puppet strings of higher education institutions and dictating what is taught.

For No. 1 they believe the media put a harsher spin on it than necessary.  Basically women should understand that men will be men and they tell jokes and we just need to understand it's just part of nature for them to be that way and not be offended by it.  Ideally, women would never hear such "manly" talk, it's our own fault for putting ourselves in positions to be cat called or harassed by going to work and school, aka being away from our God ordained place by the sides of our children.  If we were home or out with a chaperone we'd be protected.  It's irrational to be offended because women who are attacked in anyway obviously put themselves into places they never should have been.  Didn't you know the media is a just a biased liberal outlet?  

No. 2 Universities teach humanities and discuss historical naughties like suffrage and female/gay/minority equality aka "feminist agenda".  Public universities encourage women to be independent thus...."feminist agenda".  Ideally no, there is no actual agenda there's just knowledge.  But their argument is: any higher leaning institution that isn't following the Welsley school model of teaching women just enough to function should their husbands die is obbbviously catering to the feminists who are on a mission to destroy traditional marriage and turn all women into lesbians.  

Talk about a paranoid delusion.  I remember every time, growing up, when my mother told me to be careful when I began researching something.  She, a woman who worked in a public school, told me too much knowledge was dangerous and there were people who learned things and it "affected" them.  Here stands her daughter, worldly, learned, and successfully married...go figure.

You bet!  We reap what we sow. But wives cannot expect to be the one who decides what is and what is not respect. One wife keeps telling her husband that he does not respect her because he tells her "no" on some of the wrong-headed things she wants to do.  Saying "no" is not disrespect, but leadership, if it is said for the best interest of the family.

Ken is such an asshole. Yes?

(I hope that's not wrong-headed.)

@Hisey:

The "secret" to getting kids to eat healthy, I've found, is to only have healthy foods in the house. And to prepare healthy foods and have them laying around, without saying a word about it.. Like leaving a plate of cut up apples on the table. No need to "force" anybody to eat anything. But when good food is left out, and looks attractive, it generally gets eaten.

<snip>

But for kids under 16 it's pretty easy. Mom calls the shots on what food comes into the house. A little junk food leaks in through birthday parties, grandparents, etc, but that's not going to kill them. I don't understand why Lori had so much conflict.

I agree, @Hisey, that it's not really a big secret.  My daughter does eat breakfast at before-school care (because she has to be there at 0615 so I can get to PT) and that's not always the best (she about ran me down on the door today because she could smell the French toast sticks) but nothing horrible.  As for the rest, yes - they can only eat what you have.  My daughter loves cheese sticks and fruits of all descriptions, and I keep plenty of both around.

For why Lori had so much conflict, I'm going to step out on a limb and say: @Ken liked to buy what she considered junk food (or actual junk food) and the kids got into it.

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

Ken is such an asshole. Yes?

(I hope that's not wrong-headed.)

In Ken's own words: You bet! :dance:

On 26/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, louisa05 said:

comment

IMRLgoddess, it's not properly quoting (apologies) but can you explain more about your mother's thoughts here? Context, etc? How were women meant to be "affected" [cue ominous music] by their knowledge??

Today post is another boastfest about what a lovey dovey couple they are and how much everyone just loves to see them holding hands. She tells story after story about how people recognize how lovey they are. 

Then this:

My iPhone was broken so yesterday I took it into the AT&T store. A young guy was working on it and it took over an hour to fix. While we were there, a grumpy old man came and spoke in a mean way to one of the young saleswomen and then stomped out of the store. The guy helping me said to her, “You’re just a terrible person!” and they laughed about it since they don’t want mean people to ruin their day. He told me that they have quite a few mean people come in like that and he thinks they must have miserable lives. I then told him about my blog and the cruel people who sometimes respond to my posts. Yes, mean people must not be fun to live with at all.

iPhone? You mean one of those expensive things we shouldn't have? Isn't that being pampered?

Tells the AT&T guy all about her blog, LOL and all those mean people!!

Oh and apparently having fun in a relationship is OK, but being a fun mom is a big no no (if you recall her no-fun mother post). 

My iPhone was broken so yesterday I took it into the AT&T store. A young guy was working on it and it took over an hour to fix. While we were there, a grumpy old man came and spoke in a mean way to one of the young saleswomen and then stomped out of the store. The guy helping me said to her, “You’re just a terrible person!” and they laughed about it since they don’t want mean people to ruin their day. He told me that they have quite a few mean people come in like that and he thinks they must have miserable lives. I then told him about my blog and the cruel people who sometimes respond to my posts. Yes, mean people must not be fun to live with at all.

Yeah, I guess iPhones are expensive.  Surprising that such a frugal person would have one.  My husband gets by just fine with a flip phone.

Lori:

I have lived 55 years without an iPhone and I am sure you can to if you wanted to in order to get out of debt.}

I think today's young are missing out on the simplicity of not being tied to an iPhone.

But anyway, it's nice that she's found someone new to whine to about the meanies on the internet.  That was worth the cost of the iPhone.  I am sure she also told him all about how she tells her readers to beat their children with leather straps, and how she tells abusive parents to hit harder.  Or maybe she told him about how she tells women who are emotionally abused to "be quiet" while their husband curses their children?  Hopefully he didn't ask her for prayer, because as Lori told a reader the other day, "Christ asks us to suffer".  Is that "cruel"?

50 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

the cruel people who sometimes respond to my posts. Yes, mean people must not be fun to live with at all

Aww does Lori need us to call her a waambulance? 

Every day I think she's reached the pinnacle of stupidity, and then she goes and lets loose her fingers and proves me wrong.

I can't believe she was whining to the AT&T guy about her "bloghaterz," lol. Good grief.

Sorry this is so large, but someone has to say it:

Spoiler

quote-there-is-no-fool-like-an-old-fool-

15 hours ago, Hisey said:

On the other hand, Ken appears to own the practice that his orthodontist son joined a couple of years ago in upstate NY. Ken describes himself as:

"The CEO of a Large Orthodontic Practice: Bartlett & Alexander Orthodontics"

I guess he bought a share of that business so his son would have a practice.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that Ken has been friends with the other orthodontist in practice for years.

I wonder if the AT&T guy asked Lori about her blog address. If he finds it and then finds her previous blog and reads some of the posting he would probably understand why some people are "mean" to Lori. I don't think Lori in IRL is that nice of a person. She was probably only nice to the AT&T guy just so he would fix her phone right away.

As for Lori having an iPhone, I'm guessing she got it through a free upgrade. I bet she carries it around to check FB and the blog comments constantly.

@Petronella Good morning!  There was rarely a nailed down specific point.  She would usually talk about how so-n-so had dug too deeply into, say, Masonic or occult literature and was forever "not right" afterward.  Basically her way of saying anything that shakes or question the foundations of strict Biblical  or church teachings is going to permanently "mess up" a persons way of thinking.  My sister and I were never told flat out that we had to be married with children, it was just sort of...understood...working wasn't a huge fallacy either because my mom worked after my father was declared totally disabled.  Basically you just read what was entertaining--fiction novels--or something relatively non-threatening.  She didn't confine it to specifically women or girls, but anyone who tried to expand their mind too much in any direction.  Those who sought higher education were to do so in caution and remember the things they were taught from a religious perspective. Basic education was encouraged in us, know how to read, do math, know enough history to not repeat it....but the Catholic church is, was, and always shall be the epic and anything that is taught by them is correct. We did both go to college, but again, we were to proceed with caution in regard to certain topics. 

If you were to ask her today if any of that is true....she'd probably say no, or put a spin on it to make it look like she was trying to protect something.  I get very twisted up if I pay too much attention to what Lori writes....it's extremely similar to the messages I received growing up that my mother will now deny up and down.

One of Lori's readers asked for her help:

How can you best get your child to obey without using spanking? It is illegal where I live

Lori's response to her was unhelpful, and full of lies:

It’s horrible when governments interfere with child raising in this way. I can’t answer you since we spanked and it worked beautifully. We didn’t spank in anger. We didn’t bruise them since we used a small leather strap that was bendable and easy to control but it stung. My children were afraid of it and it was good since it caused them to obey us and it worked quickly. Pain is a great teacher and I don’t know of anything as effective. The Bible tells us to use a “rod” and nothing will work nearly as good as what our Creator told us to use. We didn’t even have to spank our children after 5 years old and never grounded them since they cheerfully obeyed us and it was never an issue after this. It made child raising a pleasure instead of a burden like it is for many women I hear from today who refuse to spank or can’t for some reason.

Lie #1.

We didn’t spank in anger

Lori Alexander:

I spanked my children when I was angry because rebellion is so ugly and I didn't want them to act ugly.

I spanked in anger sometimes, because I was usually pretty upset with my children when they needed a spanking

Lie #2.

We didn’t bruise

Except that time that Ken lost control and did leave a bruise.

Ken Alexander:

I can only remember creating a bruise on one child

Lie #3.

We didn’t even have to spank our children after 5 years old and never grounded them since they cheerfully obeyed us and it was never an issue after this.

Never an issue after 5?  To hear Lori tell it, you'd think spanking paved the road to problem free parenting.  That's just another lie though.  We all know that Lori's children went on to struggle because of her parenting.  We also know that she had issues with one of her teens:

I argued with one of my teenagers. We didn't have that good of a relationship during the teenage years.

If there was "never an issue" after 5, why were they arguing, and why did they have a bad relationship?

Lori has basically asserted that she has no idea to parent without hitting.

Lori Alexander (when asked how to discipline without hitting):

I can’t answer you since we spanked and it worked beautifully.

Lori Alexander:

We didn't have to resort to charts, bedtime routines, stickers, or time outs. We spanked them if they didn't obey us!

Which leaves you wondering why Ken Alexander made the following assertion when he visited with us:

Our greatest tool was the fireplace where the kids would run and sit for time out.

For those of you wondering, Ken is an official Free Jinger member.

Her iphone was broken...wah! I gave up my cell phone because it was an added expense we didn't need. We have an old-fashioned house phone. 

One last time Lori...try living at the poverty line. Our only "luxury" is cable TV and internet. Try having 2 cars that are not new nor that fancy. Try living with one car because the other one needs repairs that you can't afford. 

All the "toys" we have were bought IN CASH when we had more money. Our latest big extravagance was a blu-ray player on sale at Best Buy for 40 bucks. 

Fuck you Lori...you know shit about shit. 

Lori's privileged attitude reminds me of the upper class so many years ago thinking that they deserved their wealth & opportunities because they are better than the rest of us. She's a throwback in many ways. 

Most families need mothers & fathers both to work at jobs these days. Some of us are proud of the work we do. Our husbands truly appreciate us for the many ways we help our family. Lori will never know the satisfaction of knowing that she could, if the worst happened, keep the family going through hard times. Some men insist their daughters get a good education for this reason. I appreciate my dad pushing me to go to a good college.

the one thing going through poverty while single taught me was no one deserves to worry about paying the rent or choose between buying food or seeking medical treatment. Sometimes shitty stuff happens & you just have to cope with it as best you can.

3 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@Petronella Good morning!  There was rarely a nailed down specific point.  She would usually talk about how so-n-so had dug too deeply into, say, Masonic or occult literature and was forever "not right" afterward.  Basically her way of saying anything that shakes or question the foundations of strict Biblical  or church teachings is going to permanently "mess up" a persons way of thinking.  My sister and I were never told flat out that we had to be married with children, it was just sort of...understood...working wasn't a huge fallacy either because my mom worked after my father was declared totally disabled.  Basically you just read what was entertaining--fiction novels--or something relatively non-threatening.  She didn't confine it to specifically women or girls, but anyone who tried to expand their mind too much in any direction.  Those who sought higher education were to do so in caution and remember the things they were taught from a religious perspective. Basic education was encouraged in us, know how to read, do math, know enough history to not repeat it....but the Catholic church is, was, and always shall be the epic and anything that is taught by them is correct. We did both go to college, but again, we were to proceed with caution in regard to certain topics. 

If you were to ask her today if any of that is true....she'd probably say no, or put a spin on it to make it look like she was trying to protect something.  I get very twisted up if I pay too much attention to what Lori writes....it's extremely similar to the messages I received growing up that my mother will now deny up and down.

Thanks for sharing! Sounds stressful. At least it was a caution for both boys and girls.

35 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Her iphone was broken...wah!

All the "toys" we have were bought IN CASH when we had more money.

Lori replies: my iphone is a tool for my ministry. I need it! It's not a toy!

Your name tells me you deserve all the hardship coming your way because you are in rebellion against (my interpretation of) God's ways. Repent. Go home and submit to your husband, obey him and serve him cheerfully and be content to live within his provision.  It worked for me! look at me! I'm rewarded with a fruitful ministry, gadgets, long vacations and a house that's too big!  ---- end of Lori speaking

Blech....

59 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Her iphone was broken...wah! I gave up my cell phone because it was an added expense we didn't need. We have an old-fashioned house phone. 

One last time Lori...try living at the poverty line. Our only "luxury" is cable TV and internet. Try having 2 cars that are not new nor that fancy. Try living with one car because the other one needs repairs that you can't afford. 

All the "toys" we have were bought IN CASH when we had more money. Our latest big extravagance was a blu-ray player on sale at Best Buy for 40 bucks. 

Fuck you Lori...you know shit about shit. 

In fact, Lori, try living with no car at all, in an area where the county bus system stops running at 6 pm(and not at all on weekends), and taxis cost an arm and a leg, plus another arm.

:greetings-wavegreen:

2 hours ago, onemama said:

Lori replies: my iphone is a tool for my ministry. I need it! It's not a toy!

Your name tells me you deserve all the hardship coming your way because you are in rebellion against (my interpretation of) God's ways. Repent. Go home and submit to your husband, obey him and serve him cheerfully and be content to live within his provision.  It worked for me! look at me! I'm rewarded with a fruitful ministry, gadgets, long vacations and a house that's too big!  ---- end of Lori speaking

My reply to her would be that my job kept a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and kept my mother out of a nursing home. Now, my part-time job keeps our cars running (for the most part), buys groceries and an occasional dinner at the chinese buffet down the road. 

I am SO SICK of that bitch...she'd last 20 minutes living my life...IF that long! Let's see...hubby gets his next disability check on 1/18. There's 3/4 tank of gas in his truck and we have less than 100 dollars in the bank. 

BUT...we have groceries, the bills are paid, the kitties get fed, we have everything we need. I picked up a tutoring gig next week and start teaching again at the end of the month. 16 weeks of teaching then about 8 weeks off then teach 8 weeks, off 8 weeks and teach another 8 weeks (subject to change with little to no notice). 

This c**t can suck it. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived