IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

Lori Alexander: non-teacher of men, non-wearer of yoga pants, and non-transformed blogger. The discussion continues on!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We live is a strange time and place n history where the poorest of the poor in the USA are richer and better off than Kings and Queens of old.

Sorry Ken but I am pretty sure that the Nauglers are worse off than King Solomon. It's true that he too didn't have indoor plumbing but he had access to plenty of clean water and his shit bucket was probably a golden (or other precious material) and kept clean by a slave. His people probably had a better sewage system too and ate fresh non expired food. They also had culture. 

Oh I know what I got wrong, the Nauglers aren't the poorest of poor, just poobrained. 

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Sorry Ken but I am pretty sure that the Nauglers are worse off than King Solomon. It's true that he too didn't have indoor plumbing but he had access to plenty of clean water and his shit bucket was probably a golden (or other precious material) and kept clean by a slave. His people probably had a better sewage system too and ate fresh non expired food. They also had culture. 

Exactly, this type of comparison just goes nowhere. Would I rather be a poor American in 2016 (which I am) than a rich person a couple thousand years ago? Yes, of course. But I'm not at all interested in having a slave empty my gold shit bucket and would much rather just use a cheap flushing toilet and be tasked with cleaning it myself. But that's probably quite mutual. The rich person of times past who felt just ducky about having a slave empty their gold shit bucket would probably find my life quite hellish also.

And then there are the Nauglers whose lives would be considered hellish by pretty much everyone, past or present (and hopefully future...). But I can't even get into that right now. I have non-golden toilets to clean and stuff.

Most everyone loves desserts but sugar is bad for everyone. It is the cause of most diseases and plays havoc on the gut. A healthy gut is needed to be healthy. My sister, Alisa, took an intensive health class that lasted almost a year. She has found great recipes to build up and nourish our bodies instead of tearing them down. Most everyone, however, loves a sweet once in a while so she told me about this chocolate candy recipe that is delicious; even my grandchildren love it.

Coconut oil is very good for us so I have tried to get it into my diet and this is the best way I have found. I buy my supplies at Trader Joes, Costco, and online.

Ingredients needed:

1 cup coconut oil
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup

Someone please explain to Lori that honey and maple syrup are both sugar. 

Table sugar is typically sucrose. Maple syrup is also typically sucrose (with some glucose and fructose for funsies). Honey is fructose and glucose with a little sucrose added on for extra.

BUT IT IS ALL SUGAR! 

5 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Exactly, this type of comparison just goes nowhere. Would I rather be a poor American in 2016 (which I am) than a rich person a couple thousand years ago? Yes, of course. But I'm not at all interested in having a slave empty my gold shit bucket and would much rather just use a cheap flushing toilet and be tasked with cleaning it myself. But that's probably quite mutual. The rich person of times past who felt just ducky about having a slave empty their gold shit bucket would probably find my life quite hellish also.

And then there are the Nauglers whose lives would be considered hellish by pretty much everyone, past or present (and hopefully future...). But I can't even get into that right now. I have non-golden toilets to clean and stuff.

And of course it was so much better when they just applied leeches to cure any illness that certain people ditch modern medicine for carrot juice...while others use the whole extent of modern medicine to cure their ailments and then preach about the wonders of carrot juice and the evils of modern medicine, looking at you Lori.

So she just posted a scribble saying that an absent mothers cause mental illness. In that case, shouldn't her own children, who were held and cared for by a nanny, be at risk of the same? 

Lori, part of the supposed "rise" in mental illness comes down to a decrease in stigma (although stigma still very much exists, it's just less than it was in the 1950s and 1960s...) and an increase in the availability of care. People don't have to suffer in silence anymore because they don't feel they can seek help. And that may be "worldly," but I think that's a good thing. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

Table sugar is typically sucrose. Maple syrup is also typically sucrose (with some glucose and fructose for funsies). Honey is fructose and glucose with a little sucrose added on for extra.

BUT IT IS ALL SUGAR! 

OT but I get hot under the collar when some "expert" is says how cancer cells feed on sugar so just eliminating sugar from one's diet will starve the tumors.  All cells feed on sugar damn it!!!!

1 hour ago, cindyluvs24 said:

OT but I get hot under the collar when some "expert" is says how cancer cells feed on sugar so just eliminating sugar from one's diet will starve the tumors.  All cells feed on sugar damn it!!!!

Don't get me started on that one. My dad got a head full of that nonsense while he had cancer and (with an assist from the logic of chemo brain) practically stopped eating on us at one point because of it. He was turning down fruit, vegetables, bread, all dairy products--everything he thought had natural or added sugar. Mind you, at that point in time, he weighed about 135 lbs after having been a large framed 6'2" and 185 for most of his life. He lost five lbs in five days because of that nonsense and we had to have a sit down with the oncologist and a nutritionist at the cancer center to get him eating again. 

That was not the only nonsense about cancer that he absorbed that had to be countered for his own good. I could fill an entire thread with examples. 

6 hours ago, polecat said:

BUT IT IS ALL SUGAR! 

Last year for Thanksgiving, my nutty aunt and her equally nutty daughter kept insisting that honey wasn't sugar. My nutty cousin also frequently posts crazy things about foods on Facebook.

I do not take medical advice from anyone who isn't a medical professional. Nope, nope, nope. I don't believe in essential oils, herbs, and all that shit. It costs less to go to the doctor and take medicines prescribed.

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So she just posted a scribble saying that an absent mothers cause mental illness. In that case, shouldn't her own children, who were held and cared for by a nanny, be at risk of the same? 

Lori, part of the supposed "rise" in mental illness comes down to a decrease in stigma (although stigma still very much exists, it's just less than it was in the 1950s and 1960s...) and an increase in the availability of care. People don't have to suffer in silence anymore because they don't feel they can seek help. And that may be "worldly," but I think that's a good thing. 

Nah, those "bad" things never happen to Lori's kids.  She will never see herself as "absent mother" and she will continue trashing working who have their kids watched by babysitters or daycare centers, meanwhile she ignores the fact that she had a nanny while being a SAHM.

6 hours ago, polecat said:

BUT IT IS ALL SUGAR! 

Unfortunately, Lori is beyond comprehension of just about anything.

4 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I was pissed when ny dad's radiaton oncologist started spewing this.

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori uses social media to passive-aggressively shame her kids, so part of me wonders if her little scribble here is a covert way of acknowledging that she "messed up" in letting her kids be raised by a nanny. Except... she's such a narcissist, that she can't acknowledge her own failures without getting a dig in at someone else (i.e. hinting that her kids might be mentally ill on social media.) That might be giving Lori too much credit aa a master manipulator though :pb_lol:

Oh, and hi...:pb_smile: I have been lurking on this thread for a few weeks, and finally decided to jump in and comnent...now that I've fallen far enough down the Lori Alexander rabbit hole to speak on it a bit. 

6 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Lori uses social media to passive-aggressively shame her kids, so part of me wonders if her little scribble here is a covert way of acknowledging that she "messed up" in letting her kids be raised by a nanny. Except... she's such a narcissist, that she can't acknowledge her own failures without getting a dig in at someone else (i.e. hinting that her kids might be mentally ill on social media.) That might be giving Lori too much credit aa a master manipulator though :pb_lol:

Oh, and hi...:pb_smile: I have been lurking on this thread for a few weeks, and finally decided to jump in and comnent...now that I've fallen far enough down the Lori Alexander rabbit hole to speak on it a bit. 

No. Lori always will say anything she has done is correct. I've seen her write "nothing is wrong with getting help and hiring help. I hired a nanny when I was sick."

She is a textbook, pathological narcissist and I feel sorry for her daughter in laws that have to put up with her bullsh*t. 

Also, can you reference what you mean by how she passive aggressively shames her kids? Interested.

29 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

No. Lori always will say anything she has done is correct. I've seen her write "nothing is wrong with getting help and hiring help. I hired a nanny when I was sick."

She is a textbook, pathological narcissist and I feel sorry for her daughter in laws that have to put up with her bullsh*t. 

Also, can you reference what you mean by how she passive aggressively shames her kids? Interested.

Oh, so she's just not a critical thinker, then? Not that it's surprising...that might even what you'd call a 'no shit sherlock', haha :pb_smile: (on my part...I should have guessed that, because, hello, fundie.)

And RE: passive-aggressive shaming of her children, I thought I remembered (from lurkdom a few weeks ago...) some mention in the Lori Alexander thread at the time that she was making passive-aggressive comments (to the effect of): "If you are married and try to actively prevent children, you are going against what the Lord willed for us..." And someone on FJ responded with (something to the effect of..), "How would Lori know if her kids were using contraception or not? What if they are just struggling to get pregnant, and didn't this lady only have two kids herself in her marriage? How exactly did that happen?" 

Am I getting all the fundies confused already? In that case, my apologies for speaking without my facts being straight...and it may be time for me to stop musing about fundies for tonight. :pb_lol:

ETA: On second thought, I could see easily how you can be a narcissist and not a critical thinker,in some respects. It may even be a requirement...

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Not the person you're asking, but one of her daughters has no children, and Lori seems to aim constant barbs in her direction (even though it seems that that daughter has fertility problems rather than is actively choosing not to have children). That daughter is also a LuLaRoe rep (or whatever they're called) and Lori is always and forever ranting about yoga pants. Oh yes, Lori has made passive-aggressive shaming an art form.

1 hour ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Oh, so she's just not a critical thinker, then? Not that it's surprising...that might even what you'd call a 'no shit sherlock', haha :pb_smile: (on my part...I should have guessed that, because, hello, fundie.)

Critical she is, but thinker,  no way Jose---

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Not the person you're asking, but one of her daughters has no children, and Lori seems to aim constant barbs in her direction (even though it seems that that daughter has fertility problems rather than is actively choosing not to have children). That daughter is also a LuLaRoe rep (or whatever they're called) and Lori is always and forever ranting about yoga pants. Oh yes, Lori has made passive-aggressive shaming an art form.

Lori probably hates that her daughter is making a little bit of extra money selling those ebil yoga pants and other clothing items Lori might hate.  Recently, I've seen LulaRoe posts on my Facebook feed in addition to other MLM stuff. There is a fundie lite acquaintance of mine who has started pushing Jewelry in Candles products. From talking to mutual friends, she has gone through different periods of selling various products which also included essential oils lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that woman goes down the LulaRoe road.

Biggest difference between LLR and other MLMs though... 

Start up costs for LLR are around 5k. Most others are between 50-200.

Lori is a a spiteful woman. How dare she write blog post after blog post shaming her 33 yr old daughter that doesn't have a baby. This woman needs psychological help. She has narcissistic personality disorder. She is being spiritually abusive to her daughter.

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Lori is a a spiteful woman. How dare she write blog post after blog post shaming her 33 yr old daughter that doesn't have a baby. This woman needs psychological help. She has narcissistic personality disorder. She is being spiritually abusive to her daughter.

I wonder if one of Lori's kids will completely turn on her. In the last Lori thread, I posted about my friend's paternal grandmother who was emotionally abusive towards her kids. My friend's father and most of his siblings have limited relationships with her.  I have a couple of other friends who cut ties with physically or emotionally abusive parents.  I think out of Lori's four kids, Alyssa might the one to turn on her. 

Oh man, came back from Christmas to a good old fashioned smackdown on the mental illness doodle from none other than Lori's lapdog Jilly. She's spot on, but of course Lori fights it.  

Lori's poor daughter has shared numerous posts on her FB (publicly) on what it's like to struggle with infertility and I cannot believe Lori has the audacity to shame her in such a painful way. I could cry because of how bad I feel for her daughter. What is wrong with Lori?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived