IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ok, THAT is a nice birthday video, he said sweet things, he said happy birthday and he didn't go on and on about her "servants heart".  I'm thinking Jeremy is like my husband and I cheap and doesn't run the heat, just put a sweater on. 

I'm the same re the heat....we don't know for sure that that is their apartment, do we?  they could be in AR, or somewhere cold visiting his people...

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They've had them in the past but recently the idea has fallen out of favor.

The decorating is VERY different than the apartment that we saw in the show.  Either she has been very busy at thrift stores since they got back from the honeymoon, or they moved... 

I believe that they did get a 2 bedroom apartment after that video was filmed...I'm sure she's had a ball, decorating her very own home  :)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HOTW said:

Jinger perms her hair she was the one getting the perm inthe hair video fromna few years ago. It was in that video that they mentioned Jessa as being the only one with Michelles curls

If you look over the years, you will see that yes, Jinger used to perm her hair. Her curls were uniform and much tighter. The curl she has now is not even close to that type of curl. Her hair is only wavy at parts and more curled in others. And if it was a grown out old perm, the roots would be straight while the bottom half would be curlier. And that's not the case. Her hair actually looks curlier at the temples (just like my hair). And I say this as someone who had a perm at age 13 and has had progressively curlier and curlier air since puberty. My hair was barely even wavy as a pre pubescent kid.

51 minutes ago, HOTW said:

Jinger perms her hair she was the one getting the perm inthe hair video fromna few years ago. It was in that video that they mentioned Jessa as being the only one with Michelles curls

Her hair might have changed. I was born with stick straight hair and now it's quite wavy. Jinger definitely has curly hair now

Jinger said at one point that her hair changed and became curly.  It's wavy/curly now in its natural state.  It looks better to me that way than when she straightens it.

I should have something noteworthy to contribute, but I don't!  I've been drinking tonight so if anyone wants to fight with a conservative, just hit me up!

9 hours ago, Pasta said:

I hope Jana gets her Brandon Keilen because it seems he's the best fundie husband so far. 

Other than the whole gay thing.

The video was suprisingly sweet and sincere for a Duggar production. It made me like Jeremy a bit more. It looks like he's gained a little weight since the wedding, but that also could be all the layers. I don't know, I think I feel a little better about Jinger now. 

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They've had them in the past but recently the idea has fallen out of favor.

The decorating is VERY different than the apartment that we saw in the show.  Either she has been very busy at thrift stores since they got back from the honeymoon, or they moved... 

3 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I'm the same re the heat....we don't know for sure that that is their apartment, do we?  they could be in AR, or somewhere cold visiting his people...

I believe that they did get a 2 bedroom apartment after that video was filmed...I'm sure she's had a ball, decorating her very own home  :)

I definitely think it's their apartment, based on the "J&J" sign in the far left background, and the wooden "love" sign, with a coffee cup.  

But I don't think it's his original apartment.  I don't recall the wall colors being that light (unless they painted), and the door frames leading into the hallway having trim (unless they installed some).  Either way, I hope she's having fun decorating :)

3 hours ago, HOTW said:

Jinger's curls came in post-puberty. She has made a hair care video, talking about how she has to air dry her hair, and can't brush it, otherwise she'll have an afro. 

10 hours ago, danni9242 said:

I wonder whether the problem is now that people are so used to them doing videos it would seem weird if they didn't. 

Pregnancy announcement video is obvious show promotion but if there then wasn't a video for Jinger's birthday all the media would say how bad it was Jeremy didn't mark it/it got overshadowed by the pregnancy announcement?

Also, if they're trying to balance out media presence a quick couple of videos is a good way to keep people quiet for a bit without constant posting/attention like the Dullards and Seemewalds.

It's all show related because no human being I know of makes these videos.  But making a couple little ones may indeed be smart on J&J's part -- feed the beast little videos so they leave you alone.  I am really impressed with how they disappeared for a month.  Just want to be together like normal newlyweds perhaps?  Giving me hope.  Whatever they do or don't do at this point will be discussed, criticized, analyzed, dissected (or snarked).  So they probably figure the best thing to do is disappear.  I remember Jill posted a photo of a yogurt and muesli breakfast Derick had brought her in bed and she posted it on Instagram, praising his thoughtfulness.  People went all bonkers with criticism saying it was a pathetic breakfast, why didn't he make her eggs or pancakes?  Jeez -- maybe it's her favorite breakfast, leave her alone.  But then you have to say, if you're going to post the details of your life to the public, what do you expect?  If you put your life out there, people are going to criticize.  Maybe J&J are just saying, it's our life and we're not going to document our every moment because it's nobody's business and we really don't need their opinion?  I'd be thrilled to see that.

9 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Looks like Jinge has Home Goodsed up Jermemy's Bachelor Pad! I must say....seeing her ooh an aah over his nondescript little apartment like it was Buckingham Palace made me sad for her.

I noticed that too.  We get a peak at a cute little J&J on the wall and the love-coffee sign ...  Just happy he's letting her do it, happy she's free to feel like something is hers.  While we really can't know their dynamic, she must be feeling those three rooms ARE Buckingham Palace because for the first time in her life she has some kind of say without a million other people to consider, and for the first time in her life she's living somewhere with more rooms than people.

11 hours ago, Pasta said:

Maybe they don't have heat in his apartment. If the guy I marry makes a video for my birthday instead of saying it to my face, I'd be so pissed off. Way to not make the birthday special.

I hope Jana gets her Brandon Keilen because it seems he's the best fundie husband so far. 

I'm with you in liking Brandon.  Not sure why folks are so down on him.  Michaela seems truly happy and he seems so caring.  Chad still wins for best husband of the bunch (from what we know) but Brandon does seem really sweet.  I think he loses points because he works directly for IBPL, doesn't he?  There's just no way you can win BFH (Best Fundie Husband) if that's on your resume! 

5 hours ago, goldengrove said:

believe that they did get a 2 bedroom apartment after that video was filmed

How do you know this?

11 hours ago, awkwardblackchick said:

Here an updated pic of Jinger and Jeremy

They look great together, except for that skirt. the skirt should be knee length or not leopard print. But, hey, she does look less forced than before her marriage. One thing bothers me: If I didn't show she is only 23 years old, I would have guessed she is in her only early thirties just because of her outfit and styling choice here, hmmm. But to each their own, I guess. Maybe it's true what they say: an older husband ages you as well.

All I hope is that the next time they appear isn't a pregnancy anouncement. They look genuinely happy and I think the Dullards are evidence that honeymoon babies can lead to trouble. I know they also moved to CA but they both clearly struggled with the fast adjustment and lack of time to enjoy being newlyweds.

I guess Jinger is kind of showing us the benefits of slipping through the cracks and not beeing mommy and daddy's favourite when it comes to fundy-families.

She never did seem especially close to either of the parents, with Jana playing the oldest-daughter/co-mom part to perfection,  Jill hogging the holier-than-thou-limelight and Jessa beeing the prettiest, there just wasn't that much use for Jinger and she seemed freer to find her own way through, without the total parental neglect of the younger kids. 

She was close with Jessa and I think they've been a real emotional support to each other over the years, but I can definitely see Jinger keeping her distance after Jessa married the baffoon. Jinger is too smart to buy into the "Bin is handsome and scholarly", and deep down I think she knows that paring is way off.  

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

They look great together, except for that skirt. the skirt should be knee length or not leopard print. But, hey, she does look less forced than before her marriage. One thing bothers me: If I didn't show she is only 23 years old, I would have guessed she is in her only early thirties just because of her outfit and styling choice here, hmmm. But to each their own, I guess. Maybe it's true what they say: an older husband ages you as well.

The way I see it, Jinger is probably dressing for her job. As the pastor's wife, there are certain expectations on how she will support Jeremy and help with the church, even though his church is small. In their circle, the pastor's wife kind of serves as the model for the other women. In this role, she'd have to dress a bit older. Think of her as the first lady of the church.

8 hours ago, trustworthy said:

It's all show related because no human being I know of makes these videos.  But making a couple little ones may indeed be smart on J&J's part -- feed the beast little videos so they leave you alone.  I am really impressed with how they disappeared for a month.  Just want to be together like normal newlyweds perhaps?  Giving me hope.  Whatever they do or don't do at this point will be discussed, criticized, analyzed, dissected (or snarked).  So they probably figure the best thing to do is disappear.  I remember Jill posted a photo of a yogurt and muesli breakfast Derick had brought her in bed and she posted it on Instagram, praising his thoughtfulness.  People went all bonkers with criticism saying it was a pathetic breakfast, why didn't he make her eggs or pancakes?  Jeez -- maybe it's her favorite breakfast, leave her alone.  But then you have to say, if you're going to post the details of your life to the public, what do you expect?  If you put your life out there, people are going to criticize.  Maybe J&J are just saying, it's our life and we're not going to document our every moment because it's nobody's business and we really don't need their opinion?  I'd be thrilled to see that.

I noticed that too.  We get a peak at a cute little J&J on the wall and the love-coffee sign ...  Just happy he's letting her do it, happy she's free to feel like something is hers.  While we really can't know their dynamic, she must be feeling those three rooms ARE Buckingham Palace because for the first time in her life she has some kind of say without a million other people to consider, and for the first time in her life she's living somewhere with more rooms than people.

I wonder if she has been left alone at home yet while Jeremy went to work and how that went. She has never had a minute of complete alone time in her entire life...has to be a little jarring. I like to imagine her sitting with a cup of coffee and just breezily looking at photography online or reading a book. Or running around the apartment in her undies and celebrating her freedom.

I hope that Jinger actually got to decorate her own apartment. I was always sad when the entire duggar family would come in and decorate as a group...like someone can't even be trusted to choose their own picture frames! Making your home look the way you want is one of the few forms of personal expression a fundie wife has, and even that didn't fly for Jessa, Jill, or Anna.

23 minutes ago, Pukingpearl said:

I hope that Jinger actually got to decorate her own apartment. I was always sad when the entire duggar family would come in and decorate as a group...like someone can't even be trusted to choose their own picture frames! Making your home look the way you want is one of the few forms of personal expression a fundie wife has, and even that didn't fly for Jessa, Jill, or Anna.

That must be a huge bummer for a fundie girl, being married, thinking: finally some sort of freedom and then the entire family you thought you had escaped is at your doorstep to take over your decisions yet again....

I found his birthday video for her very cute. It made me forget he's an uber-conservative, anti-gay, anti-abortion preacher. 

But he seems to really love Jinger and that makes me happy! For some reason I care a lot about her. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived