IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That would freak me out. I know plenty of smart religious people. But I want my doctors to believe in science and facts first and Jesus second or not at all. 

I was thinking,  if in my university research lab we all had a prayer circle before we started research on computer processor design why does it sound real odd... 

But I too would want the doctors following science first.  I wouldn't want there to be any temptation that, lets say the heart stopped, that the doctors would stop working and just decide it must have been God's will.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back when I was a believer, I went through a period where I had 14 surgeries in 2 years. Before the anesthesiologist would put me under, I would respectfully ask the OR team if they would mind praying with me. I would generally say something along the lines of, "Lord, thank you for this day and for our many blessings. I just ask today that you give the doctors and nurses wisdom, fortitude, and steady hands. In Jesus' name. Amen." Very simple, and the hand squeezes and hugs I got as I went under from the drugs were always a comfort.

I thought you were actually more likely to ovulate multiple times / at irregular times after coming off the pill. I have friends who reported, ahem, lots of sweet fellowship after stopping their BC in the hopes of having twins. This is recent though (last 5 years or so).

I work for a catholic based healthcare organization and for the most part they are not pushy with the religious aspect. The chaplains I have met were all very nondenominational.There is a wall of quotes but they are a mix of famous historical figures and the nuns who originally founded the hospital. I think all the rooms have a hand made cross on the wall but that's it as far as I've seen in exam rooms, meeting rooms,etc.

Things do get hairy with the insurance though. If you get your BC pills from the pharmacy they will cover them (since Obamacare) but if you get the depo shot done by a nurse in the office they will not cover them. They do cover vasectomies though. They will cover infertility TESTING but not treatment- which really pisses me off.

Oh, and I just got a letter that they will now cover some gender reassignment treatment as long as its deemed necessary (not sure how that's determined). I don't know how they pick and choose what is okay and what is not, it's very confusing.

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back in the dark ages, about 40 years ago, I was told to be off the pill for a couple of months before trying to conceive. I think it was to let my body readjust. Who knows? Anyway, it worked.

I think this is pretty standard advice.  Synthetic hormones do affect your body and do have residual affects.  While the Pill does not specifically cause miscarriages, it does affect the endocrine system, which does affect the ability of the body to sustain a pregnancy.  

32 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Oh, and I just got a letter that they will now cover some gender reassignment treatment as long as its deemed necessary (not sure how that's determined). I don't know how they pick and choose what is okay and what is not, it's very confusing.

Psychiatric diagnosis, I guess. At least that's how it's done here

On 1/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, GotCaughtDancing said:

And then to top it off all of the girls + Anna will be knocked up at the same time in 2018 with endless twins taunts.

I am SO sick of the twin taunts.    Just saw the promo for the show and again with "We'll see how many heartbeats."  

Give it up until you have something real to support these statements. 

Has anyone else seen this from Jessa's page?

Why the hell are kids sleeping on the couch (where someone could possibly get groped!) instead of the secure bedrooms.   ANd the place is a bit of a mess.   (Clothes on the handrails)    Oh!  Because they didn't have TLC send in a cleaning crew for filming? 

Hmmm... I've been asked to pray by patients and families countless times. I stand respectfully, and  say "amen" at the end of the prayer, and go on about my day. People have prayed over me, specifically back when the priest used to actually visit people in the hospital. (I've had several surgeries myself.) It doesn't bother me. I can only think that addressing the Deity, whoever that is for anyone, on someone's behalf, can be beneficial if only for the comfort it gives someone.

I remember a very difficult flight once, where we lost an engine, and the woman next to me asked me if I wanted to pray with her. Sure. I pray lots. I pray when I see ambulances or hear sirens. I try not to make a big deal of it.

14 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Why did she become a nurse then? To treat people that don't have enough faith? She should have been a preacher to save lifes. :dontgetit:

Everyday I read something on this forum that makes me think that these people can't possibly exist for real. 

The problem here is you are trying to impart logic into the illogical. Their own thought process is illogical, the things they do because the bible says are contrary to what it actually says. It gets confusing because you think, Oh I see the sun, it is yellow. A fundie standing next to you said no it is blue, because Jesus died for us Bob said only true believers like him who've been touch by God can see the truth.  Never mind that Bob is color blind, Bob said it was blue so its blue, because he said he was touched by God.  That doesn't make any sense to most people but, like with Oral Roberts getting 8 million dollars from fools on TV.  It doesn't have to.

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I thought you were actually more likely to ovulate multiple times / at irregular times after coming off the pill. I have friends who reported, ahem, lots of sweet fellowship after stopping their BC in the hopes of having twins. This is recent though (last 5 years or so).

I don't know how common this is, but it definitely happened to me. Went off the pill for medical reasons (this was very recently, with modern, lower-hormone pills) and didn't have my period/ovulate for four months. My doctor was like, "you're sure you're not pregnant? You're SURE?" Well, I wasn't pregnant, and after some tests, she determined nothing else was out of the ordinary, either. Went back on the pill, periods resumed like clockwork. That was weird. Hopefully this isn't TMI, but the pill can screw with ovulation once you stop it... even if it was just me that one time.

I speculate that the only birth control that Jinger would be initially comfortable with would be NFP, because of her upbringing. I mean, if God REALLY wanted her to have a child, then it's not like they were actively preventing through man-made means, like pills or condoms. I think they might have a kid fairly soon into the marriage just to prove that they can, then maybe wait a bit for the next one. Of course, it's none of my business, and I can't really know, but that's just my guess.

14 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Hmmm it's really interesting to read all of these experiences. In Canadians hospitals there are specific religions or denominations that founded the hospital. I go most often to a Jewish founded hospital. The name and the fact that their is a sign to a small synagogue are the only signs of this. There is an interfaith prayer room as well. In terms of treatment though, I have never, ever had any religious references anywhere I've been treated, including mention of prayer. I have read that some Catholic hospitals in the US elect not to offer services that go against religion precepts. In Canada most Catholic hospitals refer out for abortions or vasectomies and now may refuse medically assisted dying. But they don't generally trumpet it around and they do refer out. Others may have had different experiences but religion and medicine are pretty separate here. I don't think I'd mind if someone said they'd pray for me but i would definitely if they acted judgemental about my choices.

Catholic hospitals here can be fine. They can also be really bad. The main thing I've heard about is them refusing to do D&Cs because of fears about "abortion," resulting in risk to the miscarrying woman's life. (People who read it, careful: quite disturbing). I feel bad for people whose insurance plans only cover care at a hospital like this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/18/michigan-catholic-hospital-women-miscarriage-abortion-mercy-health-partners?client=ms-android-verizon

15 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I am an RN, a Degreed Medical Professional, and back in the dark ages, (I graduated my diploma program in 75, BS in 87, MS in 91)  I distinctly remember being told that women were routinely told to use a second form of birth control for three months or so  after stopping the PIll.  It was widely thought that the Pill exerted possible effects for longer than a month after taking it. All Three were NLN accredited programs. 

Anyway, at one time, that was the prevailing wisdom. I don't know what  is being said now. Remember, too, that the Pill was much higher of a dose of hormones at the time. The dosage has decreased and refined over the years.

The last I heard, that was still the prevailing wisdom. Not sure why the three weeks of pills before an embryo transfer are okay- maybe because the embryo has already formed?

53 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Why the hell are kids sleeping on the couch (where someone could possibly get groped!) instead of the secure bedrooms.   ANd the place is a bit of a mess.   (Clothes on the handrails)    Oh!  Because they didn't have TLC send in a cleaning crew for filming? 

ZOMG is that a christmas tree in the play area?  I thought they didnt have trees (in the past 2 years) because Jesus or something like that... 

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

That's how I assume their house usually looks. I never believed they kept it as clean as when the show was filmed. No way. Even when you have a bunch of sister moms there is no way it is always that picked up. The little kids will leave stuff around like a toy or a sock or a paper plate. And I'm guessing there were extra people in the house on Christmas morning. Like it wouldn't surprise me at all if Josh's, Jessa's, and Jill's families all stayed there on Christmas eve. So some kids had to give up those beds and sleep on the couch. Which was probably ok with them as they were closer to the gifts on Christmas morning.

On 2017-01-03 at 7:03 AM, awkwardblackchick said:

this is something

I just want to comment on Jinger's piano playing.

She's playing the Christmas Carol, "O Holy Night."

I have a background in music. I picked up a few small errors [at least with her right hand], and I didn't care for the very heavy pounding rhythm she gives to the carol. (You can see her really smack those keys in the first two-thirds of the video.)

At the same time, I am pleasantly surprised that she can play this well. She must have practiced a fair amount to acquire that degree of facility. (I'm so used to the Duggars faking their way through musical performances.)

As previous posters have pointed out, the interesting question would be, What else, if anything, can she play? I'm guessing she mostly knows hymns, but I could be wrong.

And can she read music? Did her musical training, whatever it was, acquaint her with any of the standard piano repertoire?

Finally, I would want to know whether she enjoys playing--or is piano playing just another of the skills that a "godly" and "meek" young woman is expected to have?

Their is a Catholic hospital by me that does everything. Part of the reason it's no longer part of a Dioces. They just never changed the name because if they did no one would remember the new name. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's how I assume their house usually looks. I never believed they kept it as clean as when the show was filmed. No way. Even when you have a bunch of sister moms there is no way it is always that picked up. The little kids will leave stuff around like a toy or a sock or a paper plate. And I'm guessing there were extra people in the house on Christmas morning. Like it wouldn't surprise me at all if Josh's, Jessa's, and Jill's families all stayed there on Christmas eve. So some kids had to give up those beds and sleep on the couch. Which was probably ok with them as they were closer to the gifts on Christmas morning.

The previous video shows the Seawalds arriving at the compound - driving up to the house.  In this video Jessa says that they were told to be there at 7am to open gifts. 

There are only three bedrooms - so if families like Jessa's, Jill's and Josh's were to sleep over then it's back in the dorms for them.    

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

The previous video shows the Seawalds arriving at the compound - driving up to the house.  In this video Jessa says that they were told to be there at 7am to open gifts. 

There are only three bedrooms - so if families like Jessa's, Jill's and Josh's were to sleep over then it's back in the dorms for them.    

I thought there was Grandma's old  room. And perhaps a "sewing room" (not that sew much) with maybe a bed in it?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived