IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

The thing I always think with all this MLM/homemade crap is that even if you're turning a profit, that's probably misleading. Soo many of them sell it, and they all sell it to each other, so if Betty buys Sue's overpriced crap, isn't Sue going to feel obligated to buy Betty's overpriced crap too? If Sue never buys anyone else's pointless bullshit, they'll probably quickly stop buying hers, too. They'd all be better off if they quit playing these games and got a real part-time job if they want/need money.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, here's an idea for Sierra to 'borrow'.  The other day I was in our local butcher shop/market.  They had a fridge full of 'cheesecake in a jar''s.  Almost got one, but I'm trying to eat healthier.

If you're going to carry a 35tb toddler down a mountain with loose rocks on the path, please wear hiking boots, or at the very least, sneakers.  Those sandals aren't suitable IMO (as someone who has done lots of hiking).

I know, I winced when I saw that. Who hikes in flip flops? Even a pair of closed toe slip-ons would've been better than that. Her poor feet. 

Oh man, no kidding!! That doesn't look like an extremely rough trail, sneakers should be okay...she thought far enough ahead to put them on the sleeping kid who doesn't need to keep her balance, so what the heck? 

Also... Devil's Den State Park?! GASP! 

1 hour ago, Karma said:

If you're going to carry a 35tb toddler down a mountain with loose rocks on the path, please wear hiking boots, or at the very least, sneakers.  Those sandals aren't suitable IMO (as someone who has done lots of hiking).

That just makes me cringe. It reminds me of a woman we saw last summer when we were hiking at (ironically) Devil's Lake in WI. It is a beautiful national park with some really challenging hiking trails. You are sometimes climbing basically straight up the side of a mountain on a path of uneven rocks.  So we are about to start our hike upwards and I look up and do a double take at this woman coming down with a baby strapped to her chest. A baby that is not even old enough to hold up its head. I wanted to just yell at the woman and ask what the hell is wrong with her. One false step and that baby could have had a cracked skull or they both could have tumbled down the mountain. It was unbelievable. 

devil's lake.jpg

I just don't understand how comfortable that can be in sandals? And not surprised that she didn't think about the possible consequences of walking in sandals with a toddler

At least they're not flip flops, but not a whole lot better.

Just helped grand wolf get ready for a winter snow camp out. That scout is PREPARED.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:03 PM, Coy Koi said:

The thing I always think with all this MLM/homemade crap is that even if you're turning a profit, that's probably misleading. Soo many of them sell it, and they all sell it to each other, so if Betty buys Sue's overpriced crap, isn't Sue going to feel obligated to buy Betty's overpriced crap too? If Sue never buys anyone else's pointless bullshit, they'll probably quickly stop buying hers, too. They'd all be better off if they quit playing these games and got a real part-time job if they want/need money.

They all do it. It's yet another reason why I would never sell MLM crap. Because I don't need all this junk I'm supposed to buy from other MLM people! I honestly don't want or need any of it! I've never seen anything sold by an MLM and thought, "I must have that!" 

2 hours ago, Karma said:

I was too busy noticing absolutely no baby bump to look at her feet. Let's hope she keeps this spacing up. Maybe her own personal laundry room breakdown has made her slow up the baby train. 

Those sandals look like they would dig into your feet. I cannot imagine that would be comfortable. 

I've got walking sandals that I'd walk 5-10km in if we were doing a walk on a good, flattish track and crossing lots of creeks or swimming along the way.  But with a pack, or a baby, and up a mountain, just no. 

I hope her husband carried the baby up the hill!

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I know, I winced when I saw that. Who hikes in flip flops? Even a pair of closed toe slip-ons would've been better than that. Her poor feet. 

Those look like Chacos to me, or either a good imitation. It seems like the fundies are trying to adopt some mainstream preppy/Southern looks these days. All the sorority-esque Pinterest projects, crafts, etc and now they are wearing Chacos, Patagonia stuff, etc. 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

The Duggars, that's who. No wonder they're besties!

6 hours ago, Karma said:

I hope her husband carried the baby up the hill!

I doubt it, since somebody probably had to carry the two-year-old. Hopefully he was wearing better footwear...

14 hours ago, Karma said:

She looks much younger here and relaxed. Whatever happened or whatever you are doing, keep it up Sierra :-)

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

She looks much younger here and relaxed. Whatever happened or whatever you are doing, keep it up Sierra :-)

I was thinking the same! she looks very young here (well, probably more her actual age, where that could be her first baby). Hopefully whatever led to her sharing her story on the abuse she unfortunately experienced when she was younger, and all the posts about Marc supporting her dreams, also led to a conversation about some type of birth control. She should enjoy the children she has for now.

11 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think she's not wearing makeup. I'm so used to seeing her with a whack of black eyeliner and I find when you wear less makeup, you can look a fair amount younger. More so, when someone is used to seeing you with so much. 

$55??!!?!....you'd think she was selling NARS or some shit. 

Id rather go to Sephora, or better yet; a drugstore. 

You'd think in that community Sierra would be better off doing some sort of bible or religious business. Like pinteresty crap to give out for "ministry" (anyone remember Jinger and Ben's cringy testimony video?) . 

I can't see any of these fundy woman spending $55 on lipstick. Besides I'm sure hooker red lipstick is the devils work.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:59 PM, VeganCupcake said:

Those look like Chacos to me

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. 

Chacos are the sandal a ton of people wear that backpack through Europe, etc. and that's what these look like. "Tires for your feet" as the saying goes. I don't think it's a bad choice on her part tbh. 

I had to google Chacos, I've never seen them before. They do look better than what I first thought, more traction than a flip flop for sure. But this result just cracked me up and I had to share: 

image.png

1 hour ago, Bim said:

I can't see any of these fundy woman spending $55 on lipstick. Besides I'm sure hooker red lipstick is the devils work.

She's probably going to sell it to her instagram "fans" like she did the cupcakes. Smh people are sheep. 

20 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Reviews are in on the etsy cupcakes. She didn't wrap the jars. Customers received broken glass cupcakes. She's brainless.

I know I'm stating the obvious,  but how can you sell a product that I would argue is 50% based on look as well as taste and not package it with any sort of protection, just stuff the box with packing noodles and some pretty tissue paper on top and all would have been fine. 6 glass jars filled with an edible product travelling 1000's of miles with nothing to stop them rolling around in the box - lol !

I get fundies don't do protection, but this is taking it a bit too far.

I am shocked that that many people bought them. 

9 hours ago, Darwinesque said:

I know I'm stating the obvious,  but how can you sell a product that I would argue is 50% based on look as well as taste and not package it with any sort of protection, just stuff the box with packing noodles and some pretty tissue paper on top and all would have been fine. 6 glass jars filled with an edible product travelling 1000's of miles with nothing to stop them rolling around in the box - lol !

I get fundies don't do protection, but this is taking it a bit too far.

I am shocked that that many people bought them. 

I honestly can't believe she's selling food on etsy, but I'm more shocked that glass jars breaking is her only complaint. I feel like you need some sort of license to sell food. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived