IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

At no point have Erin or Chad ever outright said they were never having anymore kids. Erin has said this is 2 of 2. That is not the same thing. They are quiverfull fundies. Not being open to have children is a sin to these people.

And even if they were secretly thinking about birth control in some form, I don't think they would ever admit that publicly.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ophelia said:

And even if they were secretly thinking about birth control in some form, I don't think they would ever admit that publicly.

But didn't Kelly say that considering Erin's medical condition, restricting their family size was OK?

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

You know, I don't think Erin really understands that pregnancy could kill her and her baby. It appears to me that now she has this cocktail of drugs that the only thing she's worried about is getting that epidural. I wonder if Dr. Paine has been giving her medical advice like he did when he told rape victim to eat a protein bar.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

He did what???

When Erin and Chad had Carson and spoke about how diffucult it was for them to have children due to Erin medical condition I really thought they would be more careful, but then they had Brooklyn soon after Carson and I can totally see them announce a third pregnancy in the near future. And it'll all be about trusting and pleasing god. Using your brain or at least common sense is just too damn much to ask for in their circles.

I thought they would have been careful too after how serious it was the entire pregnancy still could have gone wrong and in the delivery. The baby could have died, Erin could have died. You would think she would have been so grateful that it worked out and just happy to have a child. But nope, she just sees what she needs to have babies. A cocktail of drugs and its babies. She's tune out all of the danger or thinks God wouldn't let that happen to me so I don't need to worry.

Those 2 babies need their mama. I pray she never conceives again. I don't wish any harm, just sperm not meeting egg.

20 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Those 2 babies need their mama. I pray she never conceives again. I don't wish any harm, just sperm not meeting egg.

To me, it doesn't make sense to risk yourself for another baby. Be content with the two that you have and yes, use birth control or NFP. There's nothing wrong with it. 

For for Whitney and Zach, I think it's only a matter of time. I hope that they continue the spacing that they had with Bradley but even so, it's just a matter of time. 

I can see another "surprise" announcement and saying something like, we thought Brooklyn was 2 of 2 but God must have other plans for us to fill our quiver and deliver on our desire for more children

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Thank you, @RosyDaisy

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

But didn't Kelly say that considering Erin's medical condition, restricting their family size was OK?

Did she? I don't know. But it would actually be a decent move. Not what I expected from her.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:16 PM, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

I don't have kids, but it sure seems like Zach and Whitney are always saying how they don't want their kids to grow up and how big they're getting in almost every single post. Is that dramatic or is that how most parents feel? I get wanting to enjoy each age group, but it seems excessive in each post!

I can see why some parents may get nostalgic or weepy over it. But I can't act. My daughter was born six weeks prematurely less than ten months after I suffered a miscarriage. For me, seeing her grow and learn since her birth last month is the greatest joy of my life - because it means she's still healthy and still alive. I can't be sad about her growing up because I'm too grateful that she's here. I have no doubt her progress will continue to bring me only joy.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:34 AM, Screamapillar said:

I do get a little weepy each time my daughter grows into a bigger size of clothes and I put all of the cute little things that she's outgrown away. But at the same time, the exciting thing about being a parent for me is just imagining the things that she'll do with her life. So it's like yeah, she's a cute little baby right now and I'll miss all of the snuggles and rocking her to sleep and all that but in 50 years it will be even cooler when I can be like, "Oh, have you heard of my daughter: Chief Justice Screamapillar?"

My daughter would be happy to appoint your's to the Supreme Court after she's elected President. 

(I don't have high hopes for this kid or anything. :pb_lol:

I don't understand why people think it's cute to post photos of their kids getting into things that they shouldn't have. A girl I knew from college posted a photo on facebook of how her daughter was eating a snack in a bowl at the table (She must have been between 1-2 because she could walk but not really talk) and she grabbed a bowl of nails from their reno instead and had it in front of her. And her post was all "lol look what my monkey did."

No, don't share this, you look negligent. 

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't understand why people think it's cute to post photos of their kids getting into things that they shouldn't have. A girl I knew from college posted a photo on facebook of how her daughter was eating a snack in a bowl at the table (She must have been between 1-2 because she could walk but not really talk) and she grabbed a bowl of nails from their reno instead and had it in front of her. And her post was all "lol look what my monkey did."

No, don't share this, you look negligent. 

I just don't think people should publicly post pictures of their kids doing stuff that will embarrass them when they're older. It's like those "Dog Shaming" pictures...only with human beings.

22 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My daughter would be happy to appoint your's to the Supreme Court after she's elected President. 

(I don't have high hopes for this kid or anything. :pb_lol:

I am just finishing up listening to the audiobook version of the autobiography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, My Own Words.  I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here, but somewhere in the early part of the book, she is describing talking with her family about how maybe someday she would be on the US Supreme Court, and she apparently expressed some question about whether she would succeed in getting the President's nomination.

Anyway, her young adult daughter, who the book emphasized was raised to believe she could be/do anything she set her mind to, apparently spoke up and said "Don't worry, Mom, if you aren't already on the Court by the time I get there, I will appoint you myself!"

#badtellingofagoodstory 

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I am just finishing up listening to the audiobook version of the autobiography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, My Own Words.  I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here, but somewhere in the early part of the book, she is describing talking with her family about how maybe someday she would be on the US Supreme Court, and she apparently expressed some question about whether she would succeed in getting the President's nomination.

Anyway, her young adult daughter, who the book emphasized was raised to believe she could be/do anything she set her mind to, apparently spoke up and said "Don't worry, Mom, if you aren't already on the Court by the time I get there, I will appoint you myself!"

#badtellingofagoodstory 

Ugh! Family goals right here!!!

On 2017-01-24 at 7:52 PM, Carm_88 said:

Bradley got into Whitney's lotion! :D 

I just found this and watched the little video.

Maybe it's just me, but, knowing how these people "train" their kids (with brutality), I found Whitney's voice very ominous on here. It sounded threatening, in a controlled way.

Maybe I'm just over sensitive, but I really fear for what might have happened after the video.

3 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

Maybe it's just me, but, knowing how these people "train" their kids (with brutality), I found Whitney's voice very ominous on here. It sounded threatening, in a controlled way.

Maybe I'm just over sensitive, but I really fear for what might have happened after the video.

Seriously?  I thought it was kind of silly, but I did not read anything remotely threatening into that at all.  

5 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

So you really think that she had intentions to brutally discipline him but decided to first take a video and post it to Instagram?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  

Wouldn't he have been more scared of her? When my parents said I was in trouble I was scared and all they did was spank.  I doubt she beats the kiddos. 

It seemed harmless enough to me. She "threatened" him with a bath.  And he seemed kinda pleased about it. It was almost the opposite of discipline.

On 1/22/2017 at 6:16 PM, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

I don't have kids, but it sure seems like Zach and Whitney are always saying how they don't want their kids to grow up and how big they're getting in almost every single post. Is that dramatic or is that how most parents feel? I get wanting to enjoy each age group, but it seems excessive in each post!

It is how I feel every second of every day, and I could not be more polar opposite from the Bateseseseses.

8 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

It is how I feel every second of every day, and I could not be more polar opposite from the Bateseseseses.

Yep. Watching my kids grow is so fun and I'm really excited about their futures. But darn if I'm not constantly lamenting how quickly it goes by. I don't want time to stop forever, but I wouldn't mind a pause or a run of slow-mo every now and then. I really like my kids, and I like how much I get to be with them, and sometimes I'd like to pretend that I can keep them forever ;-)

And then,in the blink of an eye,they are grown up.  Not Chief Justice but decent, good hearted, hard working humans who contribute to society.

Enjoy the little ones while you can.   Those with babies, it may seem like it takes 4-5 years before you can go to the toilet by yourself , but it does happen eventually.:my_biggrin:

I found it weird when she requested him to say "..., Mam." I get that it is a way of showing respect in USA/South USA but she is his mother. 

I thought you would not use it for parents or siblings. Feels so strange to me...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived