IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

Whitney was Bates-level modest for the equivalent of like two seconds. She's just gone back to the way she used to dress.

The Bateses in general, like the Duggars, have relaxed their modesty standards over the past few years, though. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, marmalade said:

That's not the Bateses' official blog. It's not even Lily and Ellie's. I've never seen this blog before. No clue where they got this quote. Maybe from UP's website or Whitney's IG (can't check, she blocked me for defending her choice to wear jeans). 

Thanks! I did not notice it is not the official blog.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

That's not the Bateses' official blog. It's not even Lily and Ellie's. I've never seen this blog before. No clue where they got this quote. Maybe from UP's website or Whitney's IG (can't check, she blocked me for defending her choice to wear jeans). 

Lol she really blocked you for DEFENDING her?

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

How utterly strange: There is a message on the Bates' Blog from Whitney and Zack thanking all the viewers for watching the past five seasons and their ongoing love and encouragement yadayadayada. 

(Here is the link)

What is this about? Are they going to be featured less or stop filming at all Or are they going to be more front and center? (Could this be a sign that Gil will appear less because of the lawsuit?)

I am more puzzled by the fact that she's wearing jeans in that photo and Gil and Kelly didn't think this was an inappropriate picture for their blog.  I figured that G&K still demanded their bullshit modesty standards for visits to their house (and as an extension of that, for photos on their blog).  I know they still hold that stupid belief, so I'm not willing to go out on a limb and praise them for relaxing their rules, but I'm surprised they allowed that photo.  Maybe they realize that pants=easier time for grifting a wider audience.  

EDIT:  I should have read through the thread.  This isn't their official blog.  Now it's all making sense.

The blog is in Germany, thus the de extension in the URL. Sidenote: I want that dress Whitney is wearinng in that picture

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The blog is in Germany, thus the de extension in the URL. Sidenote: I want that dress Whitney is wearinng in that picture

It's a BB Dakota dress that comes in lots of colors. (Or at least it was made to look exactly like it)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bb-dakota-renley-lace-fit-flare-dress-nordstrom-exclusive/3524970?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK

Super NIKE back ;)

10 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Lol she really blocked you for DEFENDING her?

Yes! I was dealing with a leghumper who didn't like her wearing jeans, and defended her choices. I think the leghumper tagged Whitney and me in a later post because she got butthurt, but I'm not sure. All I know is that all of a sudden I couldn't see her posts after that first jeans one. 

eta: UP paychecks must be nice. Whitney has gone quite upscale, not only with her, but with the kids. You can't convince me that all of her nice dresses, workout wear, and outfits for the kids, are used. 

7 hours ago, Casserole said:

It's a BB Dakota dress that comes in lots of colors. (Or at least it was made to look exactly like it)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bb-dakota-renley-lace-fit-flare-dress-nordstrom-exclusive/3524970?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK

Super NIKE back ;)

I dress far from modest and I absolutely love that dress. Need to contemplate if I need it...

On 12.4.2017 at 6:21 PM, Carm_88 said:

David Waller dropped the #family and Whitney picked it up. :P 

Whitney is really pretty and this is picture is beyond beautiful. I like the professional Easter pictures they made with that photographer Taryn, but I prefer pictures like this, because they are less mundane. She looks like a young mother that really enjoys her kids and spending time with them and Bradley is just as cute as always.

And now I have to remind myself that she is a homophobic, Trump supporting, racist human being that might look good on the outside, but still supports the exact opposite of what I do or what is important to me in my life.

Little tiny bit of preaching. I do love that dress though. :( Ugh I don't need it. I really don't! 

i love the dress, but i hate the boots.  that's just me, though; i don't like open-toe boots, and i don't like anything boot-like outside of winter.  the dress is awesome.

The dress is nice but I have to say that I am more fundie than the fundies with dress length and would not personally be comfortable in that dress with just pantyhose or bare legs. I prefer just below the knee but I would wear it with leggings or thick pantyhose.

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

eta: UP paychecks must be nice. Whitney has gone quite upscale, not only with her, but with the kids. You can't convince me that all of her nice dresses, workout wear, and outfits for the kids, are used. 

That's what I was saying a few posts back! I'm an avid shopper and blog reader (guilty pleasure...) and I was shocked by the amount of brand name, pricey and trendy stuff Whit was sporting. There are no thrift store finds in that girl's closet. Or her children's for that matter.  If she's moved on up to Nordstrom someone's getting a paycheck. It's either UP or Zach's job pays extremely well, which I find sort of unlikely for a small town police officer.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it too!

ThredUP is a great place to get name brand stuff used. Most of my more expensive professional dresses came from there. Maybe she uses something like that. New York and Company normally has great sales.

She dresses very well - I just wish she'd keep the giant bows off that child's head. And the weird little foot things. 

I don't think they are getting that much each from Up. If each individual family's cut is even $1k an episode, i would be surprised. It's a small network, and much like TLC, they likely pay based on the whole group, not per person. I can't see Up being able to pay anywhere near what TLC can pay. I doubt the younger kids get anything. I can't see Zach making more than $40k as a cop in a small town but, with his salary/TLC income and living in a low cost area, probably affords them enough for Whitney to buy nice clothes for everyone. Plus, if there are outlets nearby, she could save a lot of money. I have bought a $300+ Ann Taylor suit for $80 at the outlets. My friend bought a $2k purse for $800 at the outlets. Plus, Whitney may spend more on special occasion clothing but get deals on everyday clothing. It seems she spends a lot of the time in jeans and regular shirts. 

1 hour ago, Joyfully Available said:

I was shocked by the amount of brand name, pricey and trendy stuff Whit was sporting. There are no thrift store finds in that girl's closet. Or her children's for that matter.  If she's moved on up to Nordstrom someone's getting a paycheck. It's either UP or Zach's job pays extremely well, which I find sort of unlikely for a small town police officer.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it too!

I've been noticing that for a while too. All of her clothes are very on trend, so I would be surprised if anything is from a thrift store or an outlet. And even her casual clothes are very trendy and she never seems to repeat an outfit. It's none of my business (when did that ever stop me?) but I've been wondering how they afford all of this, especially once the UP! paychecks stop rolling in. 

Don't get me wrong, she seriously looks great and is pushing me to update my own wardrobe, I'm just trying to figure out how a SAHM of two little kids (and likely more on the way soon) with a husband who works as a cop is affording all of this. She dresses and lives like my friends who are married to doctors and corporate lawyers. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Plus, if there are outlets nearby, she could save a lot of money. I have bought a $300+ Ann Taylor suit for $80 at the outlets. My friend bought a $2k purse for $800 at the outlets. Plus, Whitney may spend more on special occasion clothing but get deals on everyday clothing. It seems she spends a lot of the time in jeans and regular shirts. 

You can get great deals at outlets, but $800 for a purse is still a lot for most SAHMs, or at least would be for my friends who are. And even her casual outfits are Urban Outfitters type pieces, which typically run from $80 and up. 

I'm into fashion, so I'm not knocking her for wanting to dress well, but she, and the Bates adults in general, just leave me scratching my head as to how they afford these lives. 

14 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

just leave me scratching my head as to how they afford these lives

Or maybe they are the type of people who rack up considerable credit card debt to "keep up with the Joneses". Debt-free , pay cash, buy used/save the difference bugger all. 

Not saying Z and W are in debt, it is entirely possible that they can afford their lifestyle. Just that many times, people's actual lifestyle does not correspond to the lifestyle they could afford. 

I suppose though if they've brought their house outright (as they likely have done) then they have lower living expenses than a lot of people. Therefore they'd have a lot more money left to spend on luxuries such as nice clothing even on Zack's salary.

Given that he's a cop would healthcare insurance be paid for? That would also help lower the expenses.

1 minute ago, FrumperedCat said:

I suppose though if they've brought their house outright (as they likely have done) then they have lower living expenses than a lot of people. Therefore they'd have a lot more money left to spend on luxuries such as nice clothing even on Zack's salary.

My understanding is that they are still renting. Though they do live in a low cost of living area, it is a fairly large house. 

And yes, I've spent way too much time thinking about this. 

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

My understanding is that they are still renting. Though they do live in a low cost of living area, it is a fairly large house. 

And yes, I've spent way too much time thinking about this. 

Ah no that's really not great then. Especially if they're going to go on and aim to have as many children as possible. Surely Zach saw what it was like growing up with such little money that they relied on Lawson to put food on the table. How does he think he'd cope with feeding 19 children on a cops salary and still having to rent a home? Oh right...God will provide :my_rolleyes: 

It strikes me as so reckless to not want to be careful with money and make savings instead of splurging it all. I understand enjoying nice clothes but if your aiming to have loads of kids surely it's more important to make sure that food and a suitable home is all covered for.

IDK maybe it's the area where I live but it's not that hard to find cheap nice clothes here. There's outlets and all that. Even nice quality t shirts in different colors are cheap during sales at Banana Republic. I got a bunch off season in nice colors for like $7 each. My jeans are from Aero and they look really nice but they're cheap. I don't see any high end brand names on her. I just went (online) shopping and got 6 tops at Nordstrom Rack for $120. Not that bad.

Most things look nice if well groomed. And Whitney is very well groomed. Never a hair out of place, nails always done, make up always on. IMO it makes a huge difference. How she finds the time with 2 really young kids, that puzzles me. I can't even bother to brush my hair some mornings. 

@nausicaa I'm in complete agreement with you. As I said earlier, I'm into fashion too and I'm definitely not knocking her. I think she looks great! I'm happy to see her taking care of herself and enjoying dressing her kiddos. However, it definitely does leave me wondering how she's doing it because I know what fresh highlights, nail appointments, new shoes, etc. can cost...

I've also wondered if it's being encouraged as a way to appear more appealing to the general public? Or if maybe they are transitioning to a fundie lite lifestyle? So many questions. lol.

My husband and I are both employed full time and expecting our first so I'm finding out first hand how quickly things can add up and I'm having to rein in my own spending. I guess that's why I've spent way too much time thinking  about it. :my_blush:

This topic also makes me wonder about fundie life and credit card debt. Isn't that preached as a big NO?

I've wondered about how they are affording it as well. Having clothes that are nice and you can get a good amount of wear out of are important to me. I do love to pick out some bargains and I like to shop. I would hope that they aren't living beyond their means just to keep up appearances. That's a recipe for disaster. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived