IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

Do you think the butterfly net is made up of old prairie dresses?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prairie dresses and denim skirts.  

Poor Priscilla.  After the fabulous David belted out his show-tune style hymns, he then proceeded to give her what looked like a very gross, suck half of her face off kiss.  Blergh. 

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

When they get into the car, he Hoovers her face to a disgusting degree. I remember seeing it on TLC and wanting to barf. I've watched much of the YouTube video, because Priss and Pecan are so snarkable.

Yes, that was revolting. I don't know how Priscilla stopped herself from wiping her mouth. Mind you, she'd have needed a towel. She must have had a wet face for ages after. She must have been so disappointed, all that waiting and that's  what it turned out to be. 

How many of us really had wonderful, magical first kisses? I know some do, and that's awesome. But I'd guess for the majority it was kind of awkward and maybe a little disappointing. But fundies build it up into this impossible ideal. There's so much emphasis on the ***first kiss*** and then it turns out to be... a first kiss. Oh, and then everyone interrogates them about it. "So, how was the FIRST KISS???" "Oh, it was... um, awesome! Yeah! Totally the best!" I mean, what else are you going to say?

It's that old sexual pressure thing again.  The couple is finally married and now have permission to kiss.  Instead of a polite pucker-up-and-peck, they try to emulate the Great Kisses in History.  They attack each other and chew on each others lips, sometimes while the groom has the lucky bride in a dip.  They're so desperate to prove they've done everything right they have to show off, starting with The First Kiss.  But don't worry, now that they're married it's all good.  The second they're back from the honeymoom they have new pressure on them to prove God's blessing by having a baby.  What could go wrong?

I can't even imagine.

Like, okay, now you're married. You're both virgins - that's fine. Everyone starts out a virgin and everyone has to figure things out at some point, whether you're married or not. So now you have to figure it out. But you've been told your whole life that sex is nasty and bad and wrong and sinful and shameful untiiiilllllllll you're married. So full speed ahead! What if you and your equally inexperienced, ignorant and nervous spouse want to take things slow? Get to know each other physically over a period of time? Build up to actual intercourse? Unacceptable! Forget easing into your sexual relationship in a fun and relaxed way! You need to start popping those babies out ASAP! How else are you going to prove that You're Doing It Right and that all those rules and regulations, all that waiting and preaching, all that self-denial and shame were worth it? Your first kiss and your first few months having sex aren't allowed to be awkward, disappointing, or weird. It all has to be Perfect.

A bad 1st kiss is one thing, but a bad 2nd, 3rd etc?

Sorry, stuck with him. No sexual chemistry for you.

Not quite the same, but I even wonder if Jinger is secretly disappointed with Jeremy's beardless face. I know she hadn't seen his other bits and pieces, but the face is different somehow.

I just watched the latest episode. Whitney is a really pretty girl and her kids are adorable.  I haven't followed her enough on social media yet to determine how much she might annoy me. One thing I did notice though that surprised me while clicking through her Insta (and watching the latest episode) was all the name brand merchandise! Apple watches, Pandora bracelets, Corral boots, the newest Nike's and Under Armour, freshly done hair color & nails,  coordinating outfits for everyone. She's also a very trendy dresser. I wish she would get Zach some shirts that fit! :my_confused: What kind of money do policeman in that area make?! I know they also probably get some sort of paycheck from UP but it was still surprising.

Also, I guess I'll weigh in on the bow situation. It seems to be a hot topic. I'm from a small southern town and hair bows are HUGE here. Women love to make them and sell them in local beauty shops. Having them in every color and for every holiday is nothing anyone even thinks twice about. They are just another accessory. It really doesn't have anything to do with making sure people know your kid is a girl. It's just completing an outfit to most. A lot of women joke about it and say things like "jack it to Jesus" or the "bigger the bow the closer to God" etc. Kinda the same thing as big hair. My non religious friends joke around and say "the bigger the bow the better the Mom". These are not meant to be offensive statements. Just joking behavior because they all know the bows are bigger than their child's head. LOL. Smocked clothing is another very trendy (and expensive!) children's clothing trend here.

9 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

A lot of women joke about it and say things like "jack it to Jesus" or the "bigger the bow the closer to God" etc. Kinda the same thing as big hair. My non religious friends joke around and say "the bigger the bow the better the Mom". 

"Jack it to Jesus"?  Where I'm from, "jack it" means something entirely different.  :tw_sweat_smile:

10 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

"Jack it to Jesus"?  Where I'm from, "jack it" means something entirely different.  :tw_sweat_smile:

How funny! I could see that... I guess that's another southern/ redneck term. "Jack it" here means to raise something up or like jack up a car. I'm cracking up now. 

59 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

How funny! I could see that... I guess that's another southern/ redneck term. "Jack it" here means to raise something up or like jack up a car. I'm cracking up now. 

Where I'm from, it means jerking off (masturbating).  However, it can also be used for messed up or stolen; as in, "I hit that tree and now my car is all jacked up", or "hey!  that guy just jacked my wallet!" 

There's also, "Imma jack you to Jesus!" If someone said that to me, I'd be running, cause they're fixin' to whoop my butt.

On 3/28/2017 at 7:12 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Oh, you must see this.  Everything about that wedding makes me say, "What the fuck?"  Everything from the babies in the wagon going down the aisle (not sure what role they played, since they had flower girls and a ring bearer who were also there), to the weird bridal bouquets carried by the bridesmaids, to the shoe polish dye Gothard has in his hair, to the show tunes (I know they're not really show tunes; it just sounds that way because of the way in which the groom is singing) being belted out by the groom during the ceremony, to Priscilla's creepy Michelle Duggar-style voice; to the fact that the Duggars themselves were up there at the altar along with the parents-not sure why, since they're not parents of the bride or groom; to the vigorous prayers being prayed by the bride and groom-at one point, I'm pretty sure Priscilla is trying to go number 2 and/or pass a kidney stone based on her facial expressions....it is perhaps the most entertaining time you'll ever spend watching a wedding video.  

Best wedding video ever. You forgot to mention the Davy and Pris banners! And you're right! Why so many Duggars? Because TLC was paying?

And JEEPERS, those Wallers are a super low energy looking bunch. ( I am trying to be nice...)

Whitney, Zach, and family looked good as they watched Tabitha Paine marry the rapist Tim Robinson. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Whitney, Zach, and family looked good as they watched Tabitha Paine marry the rapist Tim Robinson. 

For a fundie, Whitney does wear some very cute things.  Minus the ruffled sleeve, that's a very cute dress; and that little Bradley is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen.  He's an absolute doll.  

Upon further reading...I read more about Whitney's past & I didn't realize she had had such a troubled childhood. All the "material stuff" makes more sense now. When she was little maybe nobody cared to put a cute outfit on her. Or maybe all the material things weren't available. She's probably wanting to do for her children all that was never done for her. (Pure speculation of course. I don't know the whole situation.) While it's a sad revelation, I wonder how many kids deep she'll be able to go before she has to stop caring? A budget & one's time can only stretch so far. 

At any rate, I'm glad Zach has a job! A real one. Something we can probably all agree on.  

I also agree with poster above, they looked great on their insta pictures. I certainly wouldn't mind browsing through her closet because she does put together some cute outfits. 

Oh God.... I think I found my pet fundie. It's Whitney. 

@Joyfully AvailableI thought she'd be mine too. Until she posted about voting for Trump. That changed my mind real fast. Lol!

I do think you have a very fair point though and it's one others have pointed out before. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Whit is a bit "over the top" at times - either in the things she buys or in her social media posts - because she's trying to give her kids what she never had. I think any parent who loves their kid wants that for them.

It's just incredibly sad she's been sucked into IBLP. Especially if she was sucked in rvause she thinks they'll provide what she missed out on and what she wants to give her kids. I think she obviously loves her children very much, but I do wonder what will happen as their family grows - specifically, when it comes to the childrens' educations. Guess we can only wait and see.

Let me start with the disclaimer - I'm not saying Zach and Whitney aren't fundies. Nor am I revisting the women can wear pants and still be fundy issue.

Whitney is interesting as she's a new convert who converted for her man. Most of them are extra good and extra passionate and strict (Derrick Dillard and possibly Jeremy). They have to be the best to prove they belong. The fact that Whitney wrote skirts a few years and is now back to normal clothes means she has not done this. (Yes fundies can wear pants now, but not all do Alyssa is the only other one in the family openly doing so right now). Yes she is still a fundy, but it's interesting that she hasn't completely lost herself in it, like she could have.

@imokit My guess is that she never wanted to stop wearing pants but wanted to win over Kelly who reportedly was not sold on her in the beginning. Once Alyssa started wearing pants Gil and Kelly can no longer criticize her for doing so as well. Aside from pants wearing and watching some secular movies I think she's bought into everything fundy. Glad she doesn't appear to be growing another arrow just yet.

On 3/22/2017 at 5:43 AM, actuallyjessica said:

I don't think any of the kids besides Michael have come out and said "whatever the lord gives" when talking about kids.

It's hard to know though because none of their weddings besides Michael's have been filmed and broadcasted. And of course the bits from Erin's on 19k&c. We haven't witnessed any first kisses besides those. We don't know what was said, if anything about family planning in their vows.

It's going to be super interesting to see where the married ones are in say, 10 years time. If any of them have more than 6 kids I will be very surprised.

Right. Alyssa has put a limit of 6-8 on hers. 

Does Kaci have sandals on? Or are those decorative socks? Not really sure what's going on with those... 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Umm.... why? Just... why? Is there something I'm missing here. 

If you're missing it, then I'm missing it too. I can't see a point. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived