IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

On 3/24/2017 at 10:18 AM, catlady said:

The cApS nonsense is ridiculously distracting and hard to read. And it reminds me of when we passed notes in study hall back in the dark ages of 1985 when the cutesy trendy girls would use two colors of ink and alternate them on every line or word. 

I completely agree.  What a childish way to write.  It also takes more effort to type that way, and it is irritating to read something like that.  

I hate the bow (no offense to anybody here) but as the others have said, it appears comfortable.  I also don't understand why anybody would put a bracelet on a baby.  It looks cute, but again, she's a baby.  She doesn't need jewelry, and with crawling and playing, I would think it gets in the way.  I've seen many photos of Kaci with that bracelet on Whitney's instagram page, so I know she didn't just put it on her for the photoshoot.  

Whitney and Zach have very cute kids, and they seem like decent parents, but I truly hope they aren't planning to have a gaggle of kids.  I hope they wait a bit before having another one.  Bradley and Kaci are both very young, and still need a lot of time and attention.  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I completely agree.  What a childish way to write.  It also takes more effort to type that way, and it is irritating to read something like that.  

I hate the bow (no offense to anybody here) but as the others have said, it appears comfortable.  I also don't understand why anybody would put a bracelet on a baby.  It looks cute, but again, she's a baby.  She doesn't need jewelry, and with crawling and playing, I would think it gets in the way.  I've seen many photos of Kaci with that bracelet on Whitney's instagram page, so I know she didn't just put it on her for the photoshoot.  

Whitney and Zach have very cute kids, and they seem like decent parents, but I truly hope they aren't planning to have a gaggle of kids.  I hope they wait a bit before having another one.  Bradley and Kaci are both very young, and still need a lot of time and attention.  

The bracelet is likely one for teething. They sell them at Target. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The bracelet is likely one for teething. They sell them at Target. 

If I remember correctly, I think she was wearing it when she was newborn. Perhaps it is a teething bracelet and they have just had it on her for a very long time. I'm just not sure. 

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

i ThOuGhT tHiS wEnT oUt Of StYlE iN lIkE 1999...

I've noticed that the new favorite thing is to capitalize the first letter of every word in a sentence now - I Like To Eat Ice Cream And Get Pizza With Friends. It drives me NUTS. So many people I have on social media write like that. I think Jaiden Smith, Will Smith's son, writes like that too.

On 3/22/2017 at 3:43 AM, actuallyjessica said:

I don't think any of the kids besides Michael have come out and said "whatever the lord gives" when talking about kids.

I'm not sure how to access the old Bates' blog, but I remember Kelly being VERY CLEAR that she and Gil talked to the couples before they got married and Erin/Chad, Zach/Whit, Alyssa/John all strongly desired and stated they were going to leave the size of their family "up to God". Kelly wrote and rewrote that reply to many comments that came in after the weddings. 

Although we won't have proof unless they come out and say it, I can see Alyssa sticking to her six. She can have them in rapid succession in her 20s, so she'll keep her figure, and then have an excuse (if necessary) for her mom and dad. (It shouldn't be fucking necessary, she'll be an adult/wife/mother of six children). I'm also in the boat that Alyssa didn't save her first kiss until her wedding, but I don't think she told her parents like Zach did (this is all pure speculation, btw). John did rent a two person only car for after their engagement, and even though they were chaperoned at the restaurant, I'm thinking John and Alyssa actually wanted some privacy right after being engaged. In Kelly's words, even if they kissed, "at least purity was kept". Fuck you, Kelly ... you don't own your children's bodies or anyone else's ... fuck you ...

15 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

I'm not sure how to access the old Bates' blog, but I remember Kelly being VERY CLEAR that she and Gil talked to the couples before they got married and Erin/Chad, Zach/Whit, Alyssa/John all strongly desired and stated they were going to leave the size of their family "up to God". Kelly wrote and rewrote that reply to many comments that came in after the weddings. 

Although we won't have proof unless they come out and say it, I can see Alyssa sticking to her six. She can have them in rapid succession in her 20s, so she'll keep her figure, and then have an excuse (if necessary) for her mom and dad. (It shouldn't be fucking necessary, she'll be an adult/wife/mother of six children). I'm also in the boat that Alyssa didn't save her first kiss until her wedding, but I don't think she told her parents like Zach did (this is all pure speculation, btw). John did rent a two person only car for after their engagement, and even though they were chaperoned at the restaurant, I'm thinking John and Alyssa actually wanted some privacy right after being engaged. In Kelly's words, even if they kissed, "at least purity was kept". Fuck you, Kelly ... you don't own your children's bodies or anyone else's ... fuck you ...

https://archive.org/web/

Wayback Machine (link above) may work. Just enter the URL for the blog and browse by year. I've had trouble trying to access 2014 for their website, but someone else may have better luck. :) 

Teething necklaces/bracelets are amber and they are amazing! My son wore one, and had molars come in without me realizing. He had no teething issues. I buy them for everyone for baby showers.
When my guy was a baby (he's 9), they were pretty much only available on Etsy or hyenacart. Now you can find them all over the place.

I am still of the thought that John and Alyssa did not save their first kiss until their wedding day.   Of course, have no way of knowing it but based on the wedding pics they didn't to be in any way uncomfortable or awkward, whereas I got a very awkward vibe from pics of Cherin, who did do the first kiss at their wedding.  Could be all wrong though because one again, one doesn't know until they say it.

And not surprised that Zach and Whitney didn't wait.  Whitney had a more mainstream upbringing and I would consider it very unlikely that she never kissed a boy until Zach.   Bet she saw nothing wrong with a kiss or two before marriage and it couldn't have been too hard to convince Zach of same.

And on another topic, I am not at all surprised to see pics of Whitney in jeans.  I never thought she would be "convicted" of wearing skirts only for long.     IIRC, there was some discussion that she was wearing pants (like yoga pants or something) on her honeymoon but it would not be hard for her to wear pants at home and skirts in public.   I didn't think Zach would care one way or another.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Two of the younger Bates girls were over for a movie night. 

Three. Addallee, Ellie, and Callie.

On 3/22/2017 at 9:05 AM, VelociRapture said:

That should have said something about, "if leaving it up to God," was included in the vows for any of these couples. I think it's likely, but we can't know for sure if we weren't there or we don't have evidence to prove it.

The best wedding for the "leaving it up to God" stuff was David and Priscilla Waller's, IIRC.  That was filmed for 19K&C - complete with MOH Anna, scrunching up her eyes fervently, swaying, and saying "please, God.  Please, God!" during the prayers for lots of arrows at God's will.

I don't know whether it was edited out of later versions, but Gothard was also there in all his greasy glory and made his own nasty speech.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Three. Addallee, Ellie, and Callie.

Yep, clearly there are three and clearly it's Monday. Yikes. :confused2:

How cute is Bradley (I think that is his name), trying to put his arm around his aunt. 

30 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The best wedding for the "leaving it up to God" stuff was David and Priscilla Waller's, IIRC.  That was filmed for 19K&C - complete with MOH Anna, scrunching up her eyes fervently, swaying, and saying "please, God.  Please, God!" during the prayers for lots of arrows at God's will.

I don't know whether it was edited out of later versions, but Gothard was also there in all his greasy glory and made his own nasty speech.

She did that during the wedding ceremony?  How creepy!  I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if I was in the crowd and saw that.  

Do the Bates also send over a little kid to help the older ones with their baby like the Duggars do?  

21 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

She did that during the wedding ceremony?  How creepy!  I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if I was in the crowd and saw that.

She really did.  It was very creepy indeed.

It probably wasn't the funniest part of that ceremony though.  David conducting a hymn and practically smacking poor Priscilla on the nose (how that woman did not flinch I do not know) and the rose petal snow storm were much funnier.  David had the best time.  I'm not sure about Priscilla.

@Hmmm_idolatry the Bates send little kids to married kids houses so that the big kids will continue to provide child care and Gill and Kelly don't have to parent.

The Duggars often sent J'slaves to help with grandchildren. But are now running out. Only Jana is free and she's needed to keep the house running and look after the Howlers and Josie. Hannie is probably old enough by their standards but may need to stay home to be trained into the next Jana in case Jana gets married.

The suspicion is that now the married ones go to the TTH for childcare (at least Anna and Jessa do).

The key difference is that Duggar marrieds have had help with their infants. Bates marrieds still provide help with siblings.

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Gothard was edited out of all airings of the wedding. We only know about his creepy speech because some of us watched the livestream (myself included). Gothard was also at Josh and Anna's wedding, as well as Erin/Chad's (with the creepy birthday cake for him). Edited out of all of those weddings as well. I'm sure this was intentional on Gothard's part, ie. he refused to sign releases. Why? Because he KNEW how cultish his speeches would sound even to mainstream Christians. 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Does anyone know which one is Addallee and which one is Ellie? They're the only two Bates children I can't keep straight. 

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Does anyone know which one is Addallee and which one is Ellie? They're the only two Bates children I can't keep straight. 

I'm pretty sure it goes Addallee, Callie, then Ellie in that picture

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Addallee is the one that looks like Michael and Ellie looks more like Carlin.

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Gothard was edited out of all airings of the wedding. We only know about his creepy speech because some of us watched the livestream (myself included). Gothard was also at Josh and Anna's wedding, as well as Erin/Chad's (with the creepy birthday cake for him). Edited out of all of those weddings as well. I'm sure this was intentional on Gothard's part, ie. he refused to sign releases. Why? Because he KNEW how cultish his speeches would sound even to mainstream Christians. 

This post sponsored by - The Wayback Machine: Because Fuck You Kelly, You Can't Erase The Internet! :pb_lol:

Spoiler

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.PNG

I had forgotten how unattractive and creepy looking that cake was.  Very fitting tribute indeed.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived