IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received Valentine's Day things from my Dad all the time and no it wasn't the least bit creepy. That being said, context is everything. Most of our Dad's, or husband's, who are doing this would never think about giving that child a purity ring, making her court, making her save her first everything for marriage. The sentiment is always sweet and yes, it made me go awwe. At the same time, my heart twisted because is it the start of "Daddy knows best, follow his authority, until you're married." 

Even as a grown adult I still get a few flowers from my father every Valentine's Day.  It's just a sweet tradition he started when I was kid.  He's bring home flowers for my mom, and give me a couple.

With that said - there's none of the creepy purity connotations to it, and he recognizes the fact that I'm a grown ass adult and that he's got no say in my love life (or as is the case right now, lack there of).

I got Valentines as a kid too, but they were a joint present from both parents. I never questioned that; Valentine's Day to me is about love, no matter the form.

I made cards for my parents and always received a card and a present of some kind in return. When I was older I got flowers and candy, but it was never creepy. My toddler son LOVES holidays of all kinds, like his mama, so he got a card and some small things. We also made Valentines for his friends and it was adorable watching him basically throw the card at them and scream HAPPY BALENTIES DAY! 

Kaci Lynn is 8 months old. I guess that means it will soon be time to expect another announcement. Although maybe the will stop at 2. :pray:

I feel as though most good, involved parents don't need to be reminded to enjoy their children. 

Okay,flame away but she annoys me so much....I actually enjoy Erin's posts more since she is more realistic about having kids, the messes, the frustrations, the tantrums.  Whitney is always made up, always posting about how wonderful motherhood is with a sugary reminder about it.  She poses way too many cutesy pictures for my taste.  Even her losing weight posts were annoying....not everyone can lose the baby weight right away.  Okay rant over, those kids are super cute. No snark there.

48 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Okay,flame away but she annoys me so much....I actually enjoy Erin's posts more since she is more realistic about having kids, the messes, the frustrations, the tantrums.  Whitney is always made up, always posting about how wonderful motherhood is with a sugary reminder about it.  She poses way too many cutesy pictures for my taste.  Even her losing weight posts were annoying....not everyone can lose the baby weight right away.  Okay rant over, those kids are super cute. No snark there.

I am in agreement with you. I find Whitney very fake. I would imagine she loves her kids but she's very fake and over the top. 

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

I was just thinking this recently. She needs to get the humble part down of the humble brag.

Just to add, imagine if Whitney and Lawson were a couple! They wouldve been the worst.

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

I never thought I'd see myself upvoting a post about Erin being humble and realistic, yet here we are...:my_confused:

11 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Whitney might feel she has to try harder to be the perfect wife, perfect mother,  than the biological bates girls though and that might drive these posts. I do prefer Erins "he put all the bathroom stuff in the toilet" posts though LOL 

I think Whitney is still trying really hard to prove herself. She is currently the only Bates female in-law. And she's doing things that her in-laws do not adhere to - yes, pants.

She's always under scrutiny from the public for wearing those pants, people having the nerve to say she is less Christian than her in laws. So imagine what Gil and Kelly say (or think) about her privately?

I've said this so many times, if there were no issue with these grown-ass adults doing things differently - why are they made to conform the second they step into Gil & Kelly's presence? Because they don't like it and don't agree with it.

This is why it's so interesting! There's dynamics to be discussed because of said actions.

I think @actuallyjessicamakes a fair point. Whit is the only DIL right now. Combined with her difficult background, she could feel more pressure to present a certain image than a biological daughter (like Erin) does - even if that pressure is unintentional or self-inflicted.

I find it annoying too to be honest. I don't see the point in constantly acting like everything is perfect in your life, which is one reason I'd probably make a terrible fundie. But I can also see why she may present just that perfect image to the world.

Whitney is too much for me. Way too much. Actually, the Bateses in general seem utterly exhausting. No wonder Alyssa moved away across the country. Maybe it's just the introvert in me, but they really are obnoxious.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Whitney is too much for me. Way too much. Actually, the Bateses in general seem utterly exhausting. No wonder Alyssa moved away across the country. Maybe it's just the introvert in me, but they really are obnoxious.

I tend to agree. I'd be completely overwhelmed in a family like that. I need at least a bit of quiet each day and with the Bateses I don't think that'd really be possible. Everyone is always watching each other and, even if you manage to be alone, you have the cameras watching you too.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Bradley is potty training, Kaci is crawling, Whitney is crying. 

I'm the exact opposite - I get ridiculously happy when my baby does something new. Maybe that'll change as she gets older, but I really try to focus on savoring each moment as it happens rather than lamenting the fact that she's growing up. I mean, I can understand feeling kind of sad about it - but Whit does seem to constantly take it to the extreme.

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm the exact opposite - I get ridiculously happy when my baby does something new. Maybe that'll change as she gets older, but I really try to focus on savoring each moment as it happens rather than lamenting the fact that she's growing up. I mean, I can understand feeling kind of sad about it - but Whit does seem to constantly take it to the extreme.

I don't have kids but I think it would be interesting to watch them change. To see them go from a baby who is all giggly, to a toddler who is full of curiosity, to a kid. All those stages are going to be amazing to watch. And you can't enjoy every stage, if you are too busy crying about the end of the last one. (Plus if they keep having kids, there is going to be one in every stage!) 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't have kids but I think it would be interesting to watch them change. To see them go from a baby who is all giggly, to a toddler who is full of curiosity, to a kid. All those stages are going to be amazing to watch. And you can't enjoy every stage, if you are too busy crying about the end of the last one. (Plus if they keep having kids, there is going to be one in every stage!) 

As a mom of three there are definitely moments you are just plain ol' happy to see (first smile, crawl, walk, etc. etc.) and then there are others where the moment hits you harder. Like when my oldest started kindergarten- I legit cried the night before. Not because I didn't ever want my child to grow up and go to school, but because it was the beginning of their whole school career. They weren't going to be little forever, in a blink I would have a graduating senior on my hands!

My guess is Whitney won't be as over the top dramatic with her posts when in comes to her subsequent children. Bradley is the oldest and will always be the first to experience the typical milestones (potty train first, lose his first tooth, start kindergarten, etc.). It gets easier to deal with your emotions once you've been there done that with the other kids. ;)

7 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

My guess is Whitney won't be as over the top dramatic with her posts when in comes to her subsequent children. Bradley is the oldest and will always be the first to experience the typical milestones (potty train first, lose his first tooth, start kindergarten, etc.). It gets easier to deal with your emotions once you've been there done that with the other kids. ;)

Start kindergarten! Don't get crazy! ;) I mean unless it's at the dining room table! 

(I know, I know. We don't know what Zach and Whitney will do. However, let's go with the safe guess.) 

Jesus Cristo. There are a lot of good reasons to cry in this cruel world, but "I don't have to wipe my kid's ass anymore" ain't one of them.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived