Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, nst said:

according to DFO Ma Duggar is teaching the golden child to write

something that has never been done in what the past 15 years 

Um...the kid is like, what eight, I'm pretty sure he knows how to write- very likely even  better than Michelle herself. 

38 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Um...the kid is like, what eight, I'm pretty sure she knows how to write- very likely even  better than Michelle herself. 

No biggie, but Josie just turned 7. I hope she already knows how to write.

9 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

No biggie, but Josie just turned 7. I hope she already knows how to write.

To be fair the post title is One on One school time.  It says nothing about teaching her to write. 

42 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Michelle has one daughter, clearly. 

Michelle's only child has always been the baby.  Josie's just the only one who has ever made it past infancy in that role.  

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Michelle's only child has always been the baby.  Josie's just the only one who has ever made it past infancy in that role.  

Wow. This is a super accurate way to look at Michelle's parenting style. That's probably way Josie is so babied. Michelle doesn't even know how to mother a child over the age of like three. 

36 minutes ago, buggers said:

Wow. This is a super accurate way to look at Michelle's parenting style. That's probably way Josie is so babied. Michelle doesn't even know how to mother a child over the age of like three. 

6 months, that's when she handed them over to the sister mom.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

6 months, that's when she handed them over to the sister mom.

Such impersonal parenting. I was wondering about the early days, so I went on youtube and found it all! I'm actually watching the 14 Children and Pregnant special right now, and Michelle just said something about once the baby is weaned, they are given to the next buddy. I've never seen this. It's pretty crazy.

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

To be fair the post title is One on One school time.  It says nothing about teaching her to write. 

but why tell us about Michelle teaching Josie when she hasn't taught the others in what 10 years ? 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

And poor Jordyn didn't even get a full year

14 hours ago, nst said:

but why tell us about Michelle teaching Josie when she hasn't taught the others in what 10 years ? 

But how did you come to the conclusion from that post that Josie didn't already know how to write?  This is exactly what you wrote:

22 hours ago, nst said:

according to DFO Ma Duggar is teaching the golden child to write

The way you worded it had people making derogatory comments about a just turned 7 year old.  Josie didn't ask to be their miracle or to be treated differently.

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Pasta said:

Can a child go to public school and still be neck deep in the kool-aid? The young man hasn't been swimming in it yet so it possible he won't be easily brainwashed? Maybe he'll influence the other kids to break free! I know, I know, useless hopes. 

I said from the get-go that the second they had custody of the kid he would be pulled out of public school, locked in the prayer closet for 6 weeks and put through an intensive speed-training Duggar-style. 

There is no way JB&M would risk this kid's secularity (or continuing of such an experience) poisining their remaining J-slave's impressionable minds. They will have most likely taken the proactive approach with J'tyler... nipping whatever views and opinions of the outside world in the bud.

It's good to be back, FJ'ers.

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Since the courts are involved in the placement of him, wouldn't he have a GAL/social worker/someone to watch over him for the next little bit? Maybe the Duggars will have to prove their homeschooling plan, curriculum, statistics, test results etc. I really have no idea how it all works, but I would like to believe there is someone watching over him in all aspects of his life.

I'd say maybe a worker would be more interested in the Duggar way when the initial placement was made. Now that custody/guardianship has been granted, I doubt any more inquiries or observations regarding the placement will be made. 

I say this also because when a child is placed with a family member, there is far less oversight when they're considering how the child's routines will change after placement. (For example, a foster family with no relation may be more likely to make a drastic change to the child's habit, whereas a family member may be more sympathetic to their struggle and refrain from disturbing the routine too much.)

Our foster son went to his dad in another state. He was followed for 6 months by a local social worker. Guardianship is different, and there are probably different rules for different states.

That video was hilarious!

@JesSky03 i am sorry for your loss. Since i assume you dont use your tragedy to shame others into making bad decisions for themselves, or as political capital, who cares if youe remeberence makes others uncomfortable. I think we need to talk more about the struggles of infertility and miscarriage as a society. It shouldnt be a shameful secret - its already hard enough!

Maybe the Dugger's well recorded "baby holocaust" speeches are the reason their miscarriage posts make me angry instead of sympathetic. They are actively trying to strip women around the country of their rights to their own bodies. Fuck them. Even if some of their Jubilee messages aren't explicitly anti-choice, their followers get it. All lives matter, right?

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

That video was hilarious!

@JesSky03 i am sorry for your loss. Since i assume you dont use your tragedy to shame others into making bad decisions for themselves, or as political capital, who cares if youe remeberence makes others uncomfortable. I think we need to talk more about the struggles of infertility and miscarriage as a society. It shouldnt be a shameful secret - its already hard enough!

Maybe the Dugger's well recorded "baby holocaust" speeches are the reason their miscarriage posts make me angry instead of sympathetic. They are actively trying to strip women around the country of their rights to their own bodies. Fuck them. Even if some of their Jubilee messages aren't explicitly anti-choice, their followers get it. All lives matter, right?

I've started and erased several replies but I just can't seem to express what I want to say eloquently. I can see your side of it, but I still don't agree. Any of the Duggars should be able to grieve Jubilee publicly or privately. I did not see anything in Jill's post that felt like she was trying to push an agenda. I have been on a number of forums regarding miscarriage and pregnancy loss and many many many women have pictures of their babies at varying gestational ages- from just 6 weeks to full term. Many of them keep the pictures to themselves and many of them find comfort in sharing them. Now I of course realize that Jubilee was not Jill's baby but from what I've read she was very involved in the care of her mom during her birth and probably even held Jubilee. I passed my baby at just over 9 weeks and it was pretty traumatic, I imagine it doesn't get any easier the further along you are. Jill was probably more affected by the loss than the other kids and I'm sure it is something that she will never forget. 

Miscarriage and pregnancy loss is devastating- I really wish FJ would stop with the comments criticizing the Duggars for how they have and continue to grieve the loss of Jubilee. 

Can a child go to public school and still be neck deep in the kool-aid?

Absolutely. The fundies I know and the ones in my family do. Sending kids to public school is a way to win more converts. Also there are fundies that are not quiverful or have strict dress codes.

30 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Absolutely. The fundies I know and the ones in my family do. Sending kids to public school is a way to win more converts. Also there are fundies that are not quiverful or have strict dress codes.

I went to public high school with a couple of deep-fundie girls... probably boys too, but I didn't notice them. They never really tried to win converts or anything (honestly, I think they dealt with the pressures of fitting in as much as anyone else in high school did), but they did sit out of courses like health and biology, were active in the more conservative clubs, and got special exceptions to be able to wear long skirts on theme-dress days (we normally had a uniform) (yes, I know it's a bit weird for public high schools to have a uniform). 

17 hours ago, st4rfl33t said:

I said from the get-go that the second they had custody of the kid he would be pulled out of public school, locked in the prayer closet for 6 weeks and put through an intensive speed-training Duggar-style.

I find it hard to imagine the Duggars sending him to public school:  Getting him up on time every day, properly fed, to and from the school or bus stop, homework and projects done or worked on, communication with teachers and staff, field trips, and the possibility of him making friends with non-believers.  What will he be taught in science class?  What books will he bring home?  What if he learns so much that the other (Duggar) kids complain?

Private Christian school seems more of a possibility, though I expect he's being homeschooled.  If so, and especially if there's scrutiny, then maybe good tutors are being used and the educations of the younger Duggars have improved as a result.

Check out the video on Duggar's FB page (Dec 15) of Spurgeon DANCING.    Seems to me that one of the little boys was moving to some music from a toy in a second hand store and Bobblehead made him stop. (Many years ago on the show)

On 12/13/2016 at 9:46 AM, Chocolatedefrauded said:

From an academic point of view, it would interest for a public school kid to switch to Duggar homeschool. I'd bet he's ahead of the older kids. It could be eye-opening for them to see how smart a public school kid is....or not. He could correct the teacher, show the others what he knows or offer a different perspective to school. But i'm dreaming cause they only count Bible learning as necessary...

Everything he knows is 'dangerous' and 'wrong'. He will be brainwashed immediately.

Also, if there is a case worker involved it is likely they are very religious as well and see no issue with taking him out of public school. If there is a review of the schooling, which I doubt, I'm sure it can be easily overlooked. That sort of stuff happens fairly frequently.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived