IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Well the skin on the elbow is spoken of as the "weenus" :my_blush:

Specifically, the outer skin is the "weenus." As a result, I call the skin on the inside of the elbow the "wagina." Because I'm a mature, responsible adult.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I wasn't sure where else to put this but Samantha Bee had an epic Duggar burn today.

dugdug.PNG

:pow:  Get 'em, Sam!!!

It's nice to see this as the last post in the thread given how much the latest DFO status update has pissed me off. 

Edit: I don't see it in the thread yet so here it is... it goes from "what even...?" to "$$$" very quickly. 

2a9uu6p.png

(Inb4: DVD is technically free, until you really study what they're offering, and then you realize there's a monthly fee for the subscription at an unspecified "affordable, low price" or... something. I am actually very confused by this marketing update and I don't think that's an accident.)

Whose God should we be turning back to? The old white man with the beard? And let's not forget that "God is an Englishman" :handsex: Yes, grammatically incorrect, and I don't care.

31 minutes ago, mizandry said:

:pow:  Get 'em, Sam!!!

It's nice to see this as the last post in the thread given how much the latest DFO status update has pissed me off. 

Edit: I don't see it in the thread yet so here it is... it goes from "what even...?" to "$$$" very quickly. 

2a9uu6p.png

(Inb4: DVD is technically free, until you really study what they're offering, and then you realize there's a monthly fee for the subscription at an unspecified "affordable, low price" or... something. I am actually very confused by this marketing update and I don't think that's an accident.)

I saw this yesterday and enjoyed all the angry comments at them for thinking Trump is going to be bringing the country back to God, ha!

On January 10, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

@calimojo Good point about JB acting so rude to Jeremy in Laredo. He shaded Jeremy's small pastor's salary, but he never criticized Ben at all for not having a job. 

13 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

@calimojo Good point about JB acting so rude to Jeremy in Laredo. He shaded Jeremy's small pastor's salary, but he never criticized Ben at all for not having a job. 

he couldn't because Ben was a storyline that was important to secure ratings. 

Jeremy didn't need to be secured

how JB kept a straight face when Ben asked to propose to Jessa still makes me laugh because it must have been written by a scriptwriter.

19 hours ago, marmalade said:

16 year old Jason now co-owns a house with JB. Search Washington Co. then Jason Duggar. 

http://www.actdatascout.com

I'm very curious about this. Why is the 16 year old buying a house and not one of the older boys? 2017 is going to be a very curious year.

11 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

I'm very curious about this. Why is the 16 year old buying a house and not one of the older boys? 2017 is going to be a very curious year.

It'si probably to evade taxes. That's how the duggars roll

18 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

(Actually, I believe this is Fundie Bunny's quote that VC brought forward. Wonder why it's showing up like this on the board. Anyhoo...)

My take on this is:

It's about control. JB knew that if Jinger married Jeremy and moved to Laredo, she'd be hundreds of miles away and physically out of his supervision. Also, Jeremy may have been able to support the two of them; therefore, there would be less of a need for JB to have to do so (and, in the process, exert financial control over them, thereby leading to exerting other control over them). JB did not likey that at all. So he threw shade at Jeremy and used Jeremy's (presumably) small salary as the vehicle for that shading.

On the other hand, because Bin had no job and, therefore, little or no $ coming in, he would have been dependent upon JB's help moneywise. Again, control. JB could pay him and Jessa -- and make those payments conditional upon how much they would stay under his thumb, how much they would follow his rules, how much they would do whatever it took to keep him happy and in charge. Jeremy represented independence (job, potentially less of a need for JB to support him and Jinger) and a loss of control for JB. Bin represented dependence (no job, needed JB's $) and was someone JB could control.

Just my opinion.

22 hours ago, marmalade said:

16 year old Jason now co-owns a house with JB. Search Washington Co. then Jason Duggar. 

Another way for JB to keep control over his kids. Bought with daddy's money, completely indebted to daddy. 

I have some interesting tidbits for you all. Not sure if this has ever been discussed....but I had the opportunity to listen to a free session of the Duggars at the family conferences. This particular session just had to be about Josh (obviously pretty close to when the scandal had happened). For those curious, I wrote down a few notes of the things that stood out the most (and I apologize in advance if someone else might have seen this and shared already).

Notes:

Both Ma and Pa Duggar are at the podium speaking.

They share that supposedly in August, they met with Anna and Josh for a visit. Later after the visit, Michelle confessed to JB that she felt pride in Josh's heart and that something was wrong. He wasn't sharing his heart with Anna anymore like he should be. So she prayed to God and 7 days later the Ashley Madison scandal went down.

JB says Josh was made the poster child of this scandal....but in reality so many men (business men, senators, etc.) were also on the list. (SEE Josh wasn't the only one----there were other bad men too. :pb_rollseyes:)

Because of this, they have now put a lock down on all their boys. They didn't go into specifics, but they did say they have now put tighter restrictions on phone use, internet use, and television.

JB says men need to be better spiritual leaders to their children (Is it possible that JB might actually blame himself for Josh's sin?)

***Michelle "fake" tears up. I have no idea if it's sincere, but it's that same fakey cry like voice she has used in the past when bad things have happened.

They then go on to share ways we can help our children by applying specific principals to your life. Basically same ol' same ol'...share your heart.........

and then my internet started going out. Darn it. I'll try to listen to the rest later. Not sure if there is going to be much of anything else juicy to share.

I know the whole Josh scandal thing has been talked to death, but I just thought it was really interesting that they claimed to have suspected something and that JB seemed dissapointed in himself as a leader in his home.

On a side note- this whole session so far has been really awkward. Like the crowd is silent. It must have been strange listening to the once golden family of ATI fall from grace a bit.

2 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I have some interesting tidbits for you all. Not sure if this has ever been discussed....but I had the opportunity to listen to a free session of the Duggars at the family conferences. This particular session just had to be about Josh (obviously pretty close to when the scandal had happened). For those curious, I wrote down a few notes of the things that stood out the most (and I apologize in advance if someone else might have seen this and shared already).

Notes:

Both Ma and Pa Duggar are at the podium speaking.

They share that supposedly in August, they met with Anna and Josh for a visit. Later after the visit, Michelle confessed to JB that she felt pride in Josh's heart and that something was wrong. He wasn't sharing his heart with Anna anymore like he should be. So she prayed to God and 7 days later the Ashley Madison scandal went down.

JB says Josh was made the poster child of this scandal....but in reality so many men (business men, senators, etc.) were also on the list. (SEE Josh wasn't the only one----there were other bad men too. :pb_rollseyes:)

Because of this, they have now put a lock down on all their boys. They didn't go into specifics, but they did say they have now put tighter restrictions on phone use, internet use, and television.

JB says men need to be better spiritual leaders to their children (Is it possible that JB might actually blame himself for Josh's sin?)

***Michelle "fake" tears up. I have no idea if it's sincere, but it's that same fakey cry like voice she has used in the past when bad things have happened.

They then go on to share ways we can help our children by applying specific principals to your life. Basically same ol' same ol'...share your heart.........

and then my internet started going out. Darn it. I'll try to listen to the rest later. Not sure if there is going to be much of anything else juicy to share.

I know the whole Josh scandal thing has been talked to death, but I just thought it was really interesting that they claimed to have suspected something and that JB seemed dissapointed in himself as a leader in his home.

On a side note- this whole session so far has been really awkward. Like the crowd is silent. It must have been strange listening to the once golden family of ATI fall from grace a bit.

So JB seems to blame himself for the AM scandal, but not the whole molestation crap? seriously.

9 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Imo, that'll just lead to the boys acting out more once they do get married and have freedom. Unless he's controlling Derick and Ben's access too...

7 minutes ago, karen77 said:

So JB seems to blame himself for the AM scandal, but not the whole molestation crap? seriously.

Which is kind of crazy, since what Josh did as a child is JB's responsibility (or at least their reaction to it), and what Josh did as an adult was not.

I think with fundys you need to do a fair bit of reading between the lines and it makes me wonder if things were really not good between Anna and Josh at that point.

10 minutes ago, karen77 said:

1 minute ago, SamiKatz said:

Which is kind of crazy, since what Josh did as a child is JB's responsibility (or at least their reaction to it), and what Josh did as an adult was not.

I think with fundys you need to do a fair bit of reading between the lines and it makes me wonder if things were really not good between Anna and Josh at that point.

Well, maybe, just maybe, if he had gotten Josh real professional help at the time they may have found out that Josh had some deep seated issues about sex - so if you take it down to that level then yes, it's JB's fault (to some extent)

3 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Well, maybe, just maybe, if he had gotten Josh real professional help at the time they may have found out that Josh had some deep seated issues about sex - so if you take it down to that level then yes, it's JB's fault (to some extent)

My opinion only, but I don't think joining Ashley Madison and having (or wanting to) have an extramarital affair is indicative of deep-seated issues about sex as much as it's about you having deep seated issues around being married, how to respectfully treat your spouse and how he views her as a person.  The molestations, though, definitely do show sexual issues.

As with others, though, it is amazing to me that the Duggars - for the most part - don't seem to find that as problematic as his Ashley Madison shenanigans.

It just shows how cheating in your wife is worse than molesting small children to them. 

I agree that Josh didn't sign up for AM because he had a warped view of sex - that was when he was touching small girls, he signed up for AM because he was forced into a marriage at age 20. 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Ya...there was no mention of that. At least not during the portion I watched. :(

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Agreed....especially since Michelle specifically said that Josh wasn't sharing his heart with Anna like he should. How would she know this unless Anna told her?

On 18.1.2017 at 9:09 PM, marmalade said:

They bought a 16 year old a house. Thirty miles from their home. Daily Mail is already covering it. Straight to freejinger. 33.000 dollars. That could get him through college (or community college). Could have gotten him. Where I live (Germany) he could get a BA and an MA with it and hardly need a part time job next to uni (only costs for living have to be covered, no tution fees!). 

Insane priorities. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived