IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

New post up.  They got snow!  Uh Poor Sarah, snow isn't a once in a lifetime thing, especially in the Midwest between Nov and March.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Interesting how they brag about the kids being so advanced when Abby spelled a second grade level word wrong at age nine. No diss to her, she can't know without being taught, and how well can that go with three younger siblings and a sick, pregnant mom? 

I know people who received excellent home schooling, but I don't count the Maxwells among them.

My 9yo cousin goes to ebil public school in Italy where he is expected to spell that English word correctly.

14 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Interesting how they brag about the kids being so advanced when Abby spelled a second grade level word wrong at age nine. No diss to her, she can't know without being taught, and how well can that go with three younger siblings and a sick, pregnant mom? 

I know people who received excellent home schooling, but I don't count the Maxwells among them.

That's just it. What do they have to compare it to? They know nothing about public school and what they offer. They compare their kids to the bare minimum standards. Not to mention how different kids are. Some are late bloomers and some start off 'so advanced' and peak out and become average. There is so much more to learning. 

*I was very moved at my eldest daughter's high school graduation when I saw the National Honor Society kids. One was a girl who struggled so much in the early grades. I remember how worried her mom was, and she ranked third in her class. You never know! 

And too, Abby is what? 9? If she's only in 3rd grade, I can see her still being a bit slow to grasp english spelling. I had a really hard time at that age, but I'm fairly good at it now (except for autocorrect....)

15 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Men of the world take note. Not women. Nathan does those kinds of things...what kinds, I presume picking up the phone & telling the person who answered that he wants pizza? It's not like it's something people do hundreds of times in their lives. Only that kind of guy does it.

Women, no pizza for you unless you have that kind of guy.

I swear to the Maxwell god, we have got to be being punk'd.

Also, I ordered pizza last night, as well as garlic bread, because I ama better woman than that kind of guy.

OK, this explains so much.  I foolishly ordered a pizza two nights ago.  Actually, I called ahead to a place and then sent one of the kids to go pick it up.  Then we had to cook it ourselves.

But it was a stuffed crust pizza, and we'd never had one of those before.  When it arrived it looked very sparce on top.  Hardly any cheese at all.  I was going to put more cheese on but one of my kids said that the bulk of the cheese and all of the meat is inside the pizza, and it'd probably be overkill to add more cheese.

As it turned out, there wasn't much meat, not much sauce, and no cheese on the inside.  That pizza was 85% crust.  But we were hungry, so we ate it anyway.  But I was left feeling put out, like I'd been cheated.

Now I see the problem.  I didn't have a Nathan in my life.  My Nathan would have either vetoed the stuffed crust idea, or would have assured that we got lots of fillings and lots of cheese on top merely because a Nathan has the power of God behind him and will not be cheated or denied.  If Nathan had someone else pick up the pizza, he surely would have known to spruce it up before baking, or to return it for something else.

I wonder, if I ask nicely, can I have Nathan call in my next pizza order?

On the new post. Skirts OVER Ski-pants for little girls? Really? Not even the duggars force their girls (no matter the age) to wear skirts over Snowpants...

Is it so they are still recognizable as girls while playing in the snow (and god forbid, having fun?)?

Ridiculous. That is all. 

33 minutes ago, itsme said:

On the new post. Skirts OVER Ski-pants for little girls? Really? Not even the duggars force their girls (no matter the age) to wear skirts over Snowpants...

Is it so they are still recognizable as girls while playing in the snow (and god forbid, having fun?)?

Ridiculous. That is all. 

That truly is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. However, when I look at the photo I can determine that there are two girls and one boy. So, mission accomplished. Unfuckingbelievable. 

The note didn't really bother me. Had one of the adults written it, I would have had no problem snarking on it. An average kid her age can make that mistake even if they know how to spell the word. I sometimes write too quickly and end up missing letters, even though I know how spell the word (typing so much has ruined my writing by hand skills). As to the pizza, I think it was nice he ordered it to take a little of the burden off Melanie for a night. It's not a big deal in our world but it is in their world. I can't see his father doing the same and he doesn't seem to have been raised to do things to help out your wife. Otherwise, he and his siblings would not have been homeschooled by someone ill-equipped to handle it and deal with depression. 

Abby is only 8, guys. She was born in May 2008. Susannah would've been nine had she lived. But still. 

I literally can't get over the skirts over snow pants. No one can see your crotch in 6 inches of fabric around your body AND it's in a "feminine" colour, why, why, why do they need the skirts? Oh Maxwells, you never fail to amaze me. 

Abby is only 8, guys. She was born in May 2008. Susannah would've been nine had she lived. But still. 

When I was 8 and not in school, I often wasn't as careful to spell my words right.

3 hours ago, Justmurrayed said:

ingI literally can't get over the skirts over snow pants. No one can see your crotch in 6 inches of fabric around your body AND it's in a "feminine" colour, why, why, why do they need the skirts? Oh Maxwells, you never fail to amaze me. 

Not surprisef uts Prissy and Amish's kids.  I dont think Abby and Bethany are wearing skirts.

8 hours ago, itsme said:

Ridiculous. That is all. 

The stupid burns. Seriously. When you put skirts over snowpants you're not wearing skirts out of some feminine modesty thing; you're doing it because you are pushing an agenda and that agenda is that girls are just girls and they must always wear skirts to prove they are just girls and that's what our god says and we're sticking to it. We are too scared of not being perfectly right for our god so we take everything to the most extreme length possible. That's what insecurity in life, and death, does to a person - Steve - and what he does to his family.

Then again, these are the people that take sweat pants, rip the seams and sew it back up to be a skirt. Why? Sweats are sweats for a reason; to be free to move. Make them into a skirt and you lose their main function. But, it's the Maxwells.

Nothing makes sense in Maxhell. Nothing.

4 hours ago, Justmurrayed said:

I literally can't get over the skirts over snow pants. No one can see your crotch in 6 inches of fabric around your body AND it's in a "feminine" colour, why, why, why do they need the skirts? Oh Maxwells, you never fail to amaze me. 

Especially true if everyone there was a Maxwell...which I'm pretty sure was the case.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Not surprisef uts Prissy and Amish's kids.  I dont think Abby and Bethany are wearing skirts.

I agree the pictures of Abby & Bethany just look like they have snowsuits without the skirts over top of them, which in Maxhell is a bold fashion choice.  

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I agree the pictures of Abby & Bethany just look like they have snowsuits without the skirts over top of them, which in Maxhell is a bold fashion choice.  

True. People were referring to this one.

Spoiler

IMG_0560.jpg

5 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Trulee. People were referring to this one.

Hide contents

IMG_0560.jpg

I wonder who is holding Josh and one of the little girls hands.

Looks ridiculous, not to mention it is probably hard to move in and totally unnecessary.  They sure make an idol of skirts, don't they?  This also has the added benefit of drawing attention to themselves, the "look at me" factor. Free them!

:2wankers: :dontgetit:

Ugh! Even the fundiest skirts only girls at academy wore pants when the weather called for it! They figured God wanted them to be safe and free to move about, so they'd wear snowpants or jeans if they planned on trekking through the woods or a canoe trip.

I still thought these girls were nuts, but at least they had a sense of balance.

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder who is holding Josh and one of the little girls hands.

That must be the stick-in-the-ass Christopher, but he looks more like Hannibal Lecter in that stupid mask.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:15 AM, Flossie said:

OK, this explains so much.  I foolishly ordered a pizza two nights ago.  Actually, I called ahead to a place and then sent one of the kids to go pick it up.  Then we had to cook it ourselves.

<snip>

I wonder, if I ask nicely, can I have Nathan call in my next pizza order?

New Maxwell business opportunities! Pizza Onramp! Servant's Heart Delivery Service! Cheeses of Nazareth.

41 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Who are these little girls going to defraud? Their stay-at-home aunts? :my_confused:

Let's take that to another conclusion...they are little girls. Who the hell are they going to defraud ever, anywhere? I dare say that anyone sick enough to be defrauded by a little girl isn't going to be stopped just because there is a dress over her snowsuit.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived