IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

Why would you need to sign up to fast, anyway? Can't they just, you know, fast? Do the Maxwell's hand out awards later, like a virtual 5K? 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/16/2017 at 11:41 AM, FloraKitty35 said:

That's the first picture that I have seen in ages where Jesse looks genuinely happy. 

I thought they weren't supposed to have any fun. The sledding looks like a hell of lot of fun. 

On 16/01/2017 at 8:35 AM, Coconutwater said:

Idiots, so I guess the Bible passage there means "do something stupid and God will protect?"

Jesus and Satan had a little argument about that ;)

Luke 4:9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you,’

11 and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”[h]

12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt theLord your God.’ ”

13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

16 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I know this one!  A dry fast is a complete fast abstaining from both food and drink even water. 

This sounds really unhealthy. And even the thought of it makes me want to cry.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:47 AM, Coconutwater said:

Something snapped in Steve when Nathan and Christopher were young, he and Teri met in college, found Jesus, he had a great job with Boeing, and the kids were in a Christian school, sports, friends, and a regular church. Teri should have taken the kids and moved away, when he started to go batshit crazy, but she is just as much at fault here. I think Gigi stays around and puts up with Steve's bullshit because she knows he will cut her out of her grandchildren and great grandchildren's life like he has every other family member. It's very sad. 

Nathan went to school just 1 year, when he was 4 years old. After that, they started homeschooling. Christopher never went to school.

It's been a long time since I last checked Maxwells.

Still no pregnancy for Elissa?

No courtships?

12 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I thought they weren't supposed to have any fun. The sledding looks like a hell of lot of fun. 

Ooh, I know.  And Poor Sarah even reported (IIRC) that they had "a blast."  No wonder the family are now fasting. No-Saint Steve didn't like the vibes of joy that were running thru the house. 

6 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

How many damn fasts can one do? Do they want Jesus to notice them?

They'll  anything for Jesus so long as it doesn't involve Pepsi, television, or sleepovers.

22 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to get kpmom's quote box and off my reply from my last post? It won't let me type unless I type inside the box. Help?

in the reply box, put your cursor near the top left of the quote box until you see a sort of boxed x.  Click the x and then delete.  Alternately get a reply box and click the piece of paper looking icon in the editing tools.  It should clear the reply box.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

They'll  anything for Jesus so long as it doesn't involve Pepsi, television, or sleepovers.

Sledding for Jesus. -The Maxwells

Making Burritos for the One who saved us- The Maxwells

Admiring our stainless steel appliances for our Savior- The Maxwells

Dusting the ceiling fans for Him- The Maxwells

Sorry...got carried away there.

I dusted my ceiling fans and all the light fixtures in the house this weekend after noticing how dusty one of thhe fans looked. It took maybe ten minutes. Making mountains out of molehills, those Maxwells.

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Nathan went to school just 1 year, when he was 4 years old. After that, they started homeschooling. Christopher never went to school.

It's been a long time since I last checked Maxwells.

Still no pregnancy for Elissa?

No courtships?

Actually, Nathan went to school until 2nd grade (so started homeschooling in third) and Christopher went to kindergarten. 

http://www.titus2.com/media/products/samples/schools.pdf

Although if you haven't checked in on the Maxwells for a while I wouldn't worry about it :content: 

Don't worry, you haven't missed much. 

Wooo!  My first anti-fast.

Let's see...Tuesday is a working day, but the day after is a day off, so I might make some cakes, or get some crisps and dip, and veg out in front of a movie...

Oh!  I haven't had rice pudding in a while....chocolate and coconut milk rice pudding om nom nom....

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Actually, Nathan went to school until 2nd grade (so started homeschooling in third) and Christopher went to kindergarten. 

Although if you haven't checked in on the Maxwells for a while I wouldn't worry about it :content: 

Maybe the reason for the despondent look on Christopher's face in the 30 years of homeschooling post? They all just had school, sports, and friends taken away. 

New post up.  All I can after reading it is "WTF did I just read?"  Isn't Sarah's birthday tomorrow?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

It's good to re-read that sample every now and then to remember how Steve "lovingly" coerced Teri into continuing to homeschool.

This was a woman who actually cried when she thought of summer and that all three of her kids would be home, and  yet Steve decided they would homeschool. 

And that they should have more kids!!

If Teri wasn't a fundie I wonder if she would have chosen not to have kids at all?

I am confused. The women will only fast through breakfast and lunch? So they are just skipping two meals? That's not fasting. I do that all the time when I get busy at my JOB. 

@MamaJunebug I cannot remember the full story and am too annoyed at the world right now to look it up, but Stevie and Mikey Pearl were buddies for a little while. Something happened and Mikey wrote some sort of passive aggressive essay about oversheltering children. I will try to find it for you.

@MamaJunebug The article is quoted here and @sparkles mentions the Pearl-Maxwell connection. I know there is more to it and more about it on here, but I have no strength- the closer we get to Friday, the sicker I get.

Comment from Lisa G on the latest blog post - 'Well, so far, He made my morning devotions meaningful.'

It's always great when 'morning devotions' are meaningful!

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@MamaJunebug I cannot remember the full story and am too annoyed at the world right now to look it up, but Stevie and Mikey Pearl were buddies for a little while. Something happened and Mikey wrote some sort of passive aggressive essay about oversheltering children. I will try to find it for you.

@MamaJunebug The article is quoted here and @sparkles mentions the Pearl-Maxwell connection. I know there is more to it and more about it on here, but I have no strength- the closer we get to Friday, the sicker I get.

Thank you, I'll look it up.

Vis-a-vis what I bolded, May I offer an old, apolitical woman's advice?  Illegitimati non carborundum!!! Don't let any bastards or any situation get you down!  I went through this with friends when W was elected.  One of them actually died shortly after Obama was elected.  I really think her vow to "cry all day every time I see that man [W] on TV for the next four [sic] years!" weakened her already-unwell system.

March, speak out, speak up, but keep living your life!  It *is* the best revenge - on any bad person, place or thing!

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

It's good to re-read that sample every now and then to remember how Steve "lovingly" coerced Teri into continuing to homeschool.

This was a woman who actually cried when she thought of summer and that all three of her kids would be home, and  yet Steve decided they would homeschool. 

If Teri wasn't a fundie I wonder if she would have chosen not to have kids at all?

Doesn't matter how many times I read it, and what kind of person Teri might be now, it sickens me that a man can profess to be a Christian and a loving husband, see that his wife is not just struggling but is having meltdowns over having her kids home to take care of for a period and and then be so callous to say 'Let's homeschool and have more kids!'.

All HIS decision, with him doing the bare minimum of work. 

He's a horrible man.

New post - Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

She's diligent and delightful and 'you invest yourself for us and the Lord'. So nothing's changed in Maxhell.

I found the Bible quote they used interesting; Proverbs 31:25: Strength and honour are her clothing; and she will rejoice in time to come.

What will she have to rejoice about Steve?

Sarah is nowhere near the Proverbs 31 woman - no helping the poor and needy, no buying a field, no feeding and caring for her own family - talk about your cherry picking!

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

She could have stayed child free, or she may have just had one or two. Definitely not eight.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived