IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

Just checked out the musician she's tweeting tattoo ideas to:

C3cAZILVUAALCbP.jpg

I think she just wants him for his hoodies.

Per her sidebar, Raquel is no longer working on I Cannot Fathom. Knowing we will never hear the fate of Fathom and Xaquerie fills my heart with... ambivalence. I move we reflect this in the next thread title -- something about wine or hoodie sniffing?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another "profound insights into what a relationship should be" post. I can never shake the thought that what she really means with these posts is "You need to change for me, but I don't have to change for you."

Looking back now, I must've been so blind because I see now that it was I who taught you.  I taught you how to feel again.  I was the example you needed in your life to make you see and understand that there is such a thing as unconditional love, and there is such a thing as faithfulness, and there is such a thing as a woman who wants to be with you and only you.  And that woman was me. 

I wondered "Why?" for so long after, but now I no longer ask that.  Because I know I was enough.  In fact, I was too much.  It scared you.  I scared you.  The strength, peace, love and beauty I felt when I was with you, I thought it was because of you.  But it wasn't.  I thought I enamored you and loved you in ways you never knew existed because you couldn't take your eyes off of me.  I made you feel alive again.  I taught you what love is.  But you didn't know how to accept it.  And then I thought I was the problem.  I thought I wasn't enough.

She really, really, REALLY thinks a great deal of herself. 

Because the person I am when I'm around you isn't because of you.  It's because of my love for you.  And even if you aren't around to see it, I'm still strong, and beautiful, and full of love.  And I always will be.

I'm pretty sure this song was written about a Raquel.

Cause if you like the way you look that much
Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself

Wait, she  taught a guy how to feel and how to be loved and what a good woman is worth, and then he dumped her?

She had a poll going on twitter asking yes/no on if she should get her septum pierced.

I was the example you needed in your life to make you see and understand that there is such a thing as unconditional love, and there is such a thing as faithfulness, and there is such a thing as a woman who wants to be with you and only you.

In the light of the countless blog posts about the conditions under which Raquel will consider dating you, I wonder how this unconditional love thing works out.

From the previous blog post, the previous day:

6 Things You Should Never Change About Yourself To Be In A Relationship

Paraphrased,

Number one, he needs to value your religion and morals and not suggest any improvements. Two, he needs to be supportive of your hobbies and let you spend as much time doing the hobby stuff as you want. Unless your hobby is Tinder. (IIRQ Raquel won't date you if your hobby is videogames or you talk about your bodybuilding and car hobby a lot but that's neither here or there.) Three, he's gotta let you spend as much time with family and friends as you want. Four, you two must compromise your dreams and careers in order to merge your two separate lives into a together life but he must never ask you to compromise your dreams or career so you can be together. Five, he must love your fashion sense, whatever it is. Six, if you want him to share your viewpoints on things and think this is important, then he must share your viewpoints on things, no budging.

Some of these do not sound an awful lot like unconditional love. Rather, "if you're exactly what I'm looking for, agree with me about most stuff and  if you love me  unconditionally, then I will love you back".

(Obviously not saying it's a good idea to be with someone who wants to cut you off from your family and friends or nags you about the way you dress. )

I have an idea for the unfinished classic, I Cannot Fathom.

What if we took a thread where we posted what little we have of the story (I'm sure it's there in the quotes somewhere, even if Raquel deleted the itself, or maybe someone can pay off the Wayback Machine) and then took turns continuing the story in short installments? One person would continue it, then another poster would contribute, then the next and so on. There could be a suggested sample size for an installment, it wouldn't have to be a whole chapter.

It would be far more fun if we had more of the story to start with, but really if we had to we could start from scratch using her plot synopsis.

I think the result would be a million times funnier and better written than whatever had been in Raquel's head. I'm just not sure anyone would be interested.

Also of course Raquel is considering a septum piercing, they're what every bland cool 'off-beat' social media influencer has. Soon will come the pastel hair and oversized glasses she doesn't need to see.

The whole "I taught you what love is" is classic creepy Raquel. Seriously, it makes my skin crawl with the self-indulgence and patting herself on the back for how loving and awesome she is. 

5 hours ago, Vex said:

I have an idea for the unfinished classic, I Cannot Fathom.

What if we took a thread where we posted what little we have of the story (I'm sure it's there in the quotes somewhere, even if Raquel deleted the itself, or maybe someone can pay off the Wayback Machine) and then took turns continuing the story in short installments? One person would continue it, then another poster would contribute, then the next and so on. There could be a suggested sample size for an installment, it wouldn't have to be a whole chapter.

It would be far more fun if we had more of the story to start with, but really if we had to we could start from scratch using her plot synopsis.

I think the result would be a million times funnier and better written than whatever had been in Raquel's head. I'm just not sure anyone would be interested.

Also of course Raquel is considering a septum piercing, they're what every bland cool 'off-beat' social media influencer has. Soon will come the pastel hair and oversized glasses she doesn't need to see.

I'd be up for that!

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

The whole "I taught you what love is" is classic creepy Raquel. Seriously, it makes my skin crawl with the self-indulgence and patting herself on the back for how loving and awesome she is. 

I taught you what love is and you wanted nothing to do with it. I'm so fab... 

Is this the guy who blocked her texts?

On 2/2/2017 at 9:49 AM, formergothardite said:

She really, really, REALLY thinks a great deal of herself. 

Because the person I am when I'm around you isn't because of you.  It's because of my love for you.  And even if you aren't around to see it, I'm still strong, and beautiful, and full of love.  And I always will be.

I'm pretty sure this song was written about a Raquel.

You're so vain...
I bet you think this song is about you, 
don't you? Don't you?

Oldie but goodie.

And yet another blog entry from her. Hope she's between classes right now, because she seems to have too much free time on her hands.

She's got tickets to meet the rapper in April. Hope the lyrics tattoo is done by then.

Ugh, she's plugging patriarchy.

For the record, there are plenty of doormat wives of bully husbands who aren't particularly religious or at least not the Raquel brand of religious. It' s not strictly a Christian thing.

Anyway, how is she planning to submit to her eventual husband, what with all the "i'll stick to my guns and will never change  for you" posts?

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Can you see Raquel as a submissive wife? I sure can't.

It will work wonderfully as long as he wants her to do whatever she wants to do.

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2017/01/6-things-you-should-never-change-about.html

This post pretty much says you should tell him to sod off if he starts trying to improve you and tell you what to do.

A new post is up, saying that you can never heal from a heartbreak:

You're never going to forget them.  Your brain doesn't function that way.  I wish it did.  I truly do.  But you're always going to remember the color of her eyes.  You're always going to remember the way your fingers locked with his.  You're always going to have the memories hit you whenever you hear a certain sound, catch a scent of their perfume, drive by that one place you parked and made out for a few hours.  You'll miss their hugs on lonely nights, their laughter during summer days, their lips on your neck and hands.  The nights will come, and sometimes random moments throughout your day, when you will feel literal physical pain at just the mention of their name.
All the feelings will rush back.
And you'll have to suppress them just to be able to breathe again.
And yes, suppress.  Not forget.  Because you're never going to fully get over them.
You're going to miss them with every fiber of your being.

Just give it some time, honey... I used to think that about some guys who broke my much younger heart but now  I'm happy to report that I never experience any physical pain.  breathing difficulty or uncomfortable flashbacks associated with the thought of them,  I have no freaking clue what kind of scent they used to have, and if the fibers of my being miss them it does not bother me in the least.

On 2/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

She's got tickets to meet the rapper in April. Hope the lyrics tattoo is done by then.

Ugh, she's plugging patriarchy.

For the record, there are plenty of doormat wives of bully husbands who aren't particularly religious or at least not the Raquel brand of religious. It' s not strictly a Christian thing.

That's hardly a surprise. She's attending a Driscoll-clone church in Portland.

Hey, submission is easy when a guy's failure to cater to your every whim is proof he's not the one God wants for you.

As for the heartbreak post, just further evidence that everything Raquel does is super-duper special, intense and profound. 

I first moved in with two roommates in a house about five minutes from my family (see? I wasn't running away).  Then moved in with an uncle for about six months.  Then, most recently, moved to a townhouse, in which I live in the private bottom level of.

Amazing that in all her Twitter time about moving, she never bothered to mention she was living with a relative. 

Moving out and being independent has taught me many lessons.  A few of which I shall now share.

Unfortunately, it has not. 

Keeping track of every nickel and dime, asking myself "Do I need or want this?" at the store, making sure I keep receipts, write down how much I spend each day... This has all been something I've forced myself to do when I moved out, and it has saved me a lot of pretty pennies.

Her Twitter doesn't seem to agree with this. Remember when she blew money on tattoos and didn't even have $37 in her bank account, but when she somehow did get hold of money, she spent it all on a concert ticket. 

One of the millennials worst traits is being apathetic and complacent. 

I hate this constant acting like millennials do nothing but sit around being apathetic. Every generation has complained about the younger generation, this isn't a new problem. 

"I'm bored af" is a commonly used phrase.  And one I never use.  Why?  Because the moment I start feeling lazy is the moment I can find something to do, some way to make this world better, some time to do something new, to do something that matters. 

Pretty sure she has claimed she is bored. And isn't she constantly begging folks to come hang out with her for cuddles? 

But hey, life is about making mistakes and learning from them. 

This is true, but again, her Twitter and blog reveal that Raquel rarely learns from her mistakes or really even acknowledges that she is the cause of problems. Even when she told her "sexting brought me to Jesus" blog post she painted herself as a victim and not an active participate. 

On 2/2/2017 at 10:21 AM, clueliss said:

She had a poll going on twitter asking yes/no on if she should get her septum pierced.

Isn't that how you make most important decisions? 

4 hours ago, Terrie said:

Hey, submission is easy when a guy's failure to cater to your every whim is proof he's not the one God wants for you.

Sounds like a romanticized version of patriarchy to go with a romanticized version of relationships. 

On 2/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, formergothardite said:

Can you see Raquel as a submissive wife? I sure can't.

I see her as the millennial version of Lori Alexander--marrying a guy (from her Mark-Driscollish church) who seems to have all the correct husbandly traits. Then reality will set in and she'll embark on a life of greater and greater passive aggression.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived