IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

On 27.1.2017 at 5:33 PM, formergothardite said:

Or maybe he won't need her or want her because she is creepy as hell. He probably won't regret getting her out of his life at all. 

No, that seems like a totally reasonable assumption to me. One day, when he's on his death bed, his thoughts will not be on his wife and children, he will not think about his work and the things he hoped to accomplish but never did, he will not grieve the friends he lost...

No, his biggest regret will be, "There was a barista once... long dark hair, very pretty...  I blocked her texts in 2017 but now I need her... I wish I remembered her name."

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From her latest blog
I recently got a text from someone who I considered very dear to me, saying that "we shouldn't talk anymore" and that it wasn't "anything personal".  No rhyme or reason.  It blindsided me for sure, but I've gotten to a point in my life where I just accept the actions of others without question.
From her twitter
I just don't understand how we went from being best friends to you telling me "We shouldn't talk anymore"... Like what is that?

I died laughing at this. I... does she even re read what she writes before posting?!

cc24091d9895984b132456edcc1dc043.jpg

Get ready for more terrible ink! My new fave hobby is looking up all the really awful music she tweets about.

Uh it must be a really meaningful tattoo for her if she can't even decide without asking Twitter. 

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

From her twitter

I died laughing at this. I... does she even re read what she writes before posting?!

cc24091d9895984b132456edcc1dc043.jpg

Get ready for more terrible ink! My new fave hobby is looking up all the really awful music she tweets about.

I wasn't expecting a cheesy white rapper, I have to say!

21 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh it must be a really meaningful tattoo for her if she can't even decide without asking Twitter. 

It reads to me like an attempt to get an artist that she likes to message/retweet her.

11 minutes ago, December said:

It reads to me like an attempt to get an artist that she likes to message/retweet her.

yeah sucking up always was a great career move

My first tattoo will read, "This is a deeply moving phrase that a musician on social media suggested to me after I forced him to." 

She knows she won't be able to stop crying even before seeing the video? 

She also retweeted a video of someone dancing in the car while the driver is filming it and all I could think about was the distraction was gonna get someone  killed. 

I'm not a person who thinks tattoos have to be deep and meaningful (I mean, I have a silly video game reference tattooed on my wrist, whereas the one that is meaningful to me is hidden away on my side), but the thing is that Raquel will never admit to getting a silly, fun tattoo. To Raquel everything she does must be fraught with meaning.

It's a win-win situation. She gets another tattoo to feel smug about and we get another reason to point and laugh at it.

4 hours ago, Vex said:

To Raquel everything she does must be fraught with meaning.

"I had to use the bathroom this morning. As I sat there, expelling waste products from my body, it occurred to me that relationships are just like food. They are meant to nourish us. And once you've extracted everything you can from them, you need to get rid of them, because the leftovers are just waste and not good for you. People may not understand when you dump them, but remember that you're what's important. It's like how airlines tell you to always put your own mask on first. Besides, it doesn't matter what other people think, because you're special to God."

(I feel dirty now.)

Soooooo.........Raquel is profound with her tattoos and profound when she takes a dump.  Imagine what she'd come up with if she did both at the same time.  

Sorry for the visual, but she started it. 

40 minutes ago, catlady said:

Soooooo.........Raquel is profound with her tattoos and profound when she takes a dump.  Imagine what she'd come up with if she did both at the same time.  

Sorry for the visual, but she started it. 

My mom peed and got her arm operated on at the same time.  She was seated on a stool, her arm was in some kind of secure 'vise' so it wouldn't move, and she was awake.  I guess it was better to have the operation when she was awake and spare her from having to go under general anesthesia.  Anyway, the IV caused her to have to pee and when she couldn't stand it any longer she confessed that she thought she might pee herself.  The staff covered up her arm and walked to the other side of the room to partake in small talk while a couple nurses helped by swapping out her stool for an adult sized potty chair.  Mom was pretty embarrassed, but the nurses pointed out that it happens often enough that they had a plan in place.

Mom never mentioned feeling that the experience was profound, deep, or meaningful.  Maybe a tattoo over the scar will help?

Everywhere you look, the world subtly - and sometimes not so subtly - tells us that we are defined by others' opinions of us.  Our popularity is ranked by how many Facebook or Instagram likes we receive on a daily basis.  And if we are well-liked, we'll have hundreds of followers on social medias. 
The internet and magazines are constantly nagging us with ads on weight loss, skin care, hair product, and the latest beauty secrets.  Because of all these, we think we are made up of numbers - price tags, scale pounds, grades, likes on social medias. 

Yes, we all think this. Absolutely all of us think alike. 

I think we're made up of love, of memories, of pain.  What defines us is what happens in our lives, the moments we learn, the moments we feel, the moments we will never forget, not even in a million years.

We're made of late nights with friends, or random mini roadmaps, taking a sip of your favorite drink on a brisk autumn evening or a stifling summer's day, watching a sunset from a rooftop, buying a pair of jeans that fit just right, the art we love, warm blankets in a cold room, the way music makes us feel or that moment when you look into the eyes of someone you love and know without a doubt that they love you back. 

Um, what? We are not made of Facebook likes but drinking latte or margaritas and the orgastic experience of buying snug jeans are somehow more deeply meaningful?

Underneath all the layers of skin that clothes your body, you are a living and breathing soul that was intricately designed by the breath - not the fingers - of the Creator of the galaxies.  You are special because He says you are.  You are defined as who He says you are.  Your label is not one of a mere product of earth, but of a handmade piece of art that He carefully and masterfully designed to be so breathtakingly beautiful.

How are we handmade if God didn't use his fingers to do it?

Why is she so weirdly adamant that god 'breathed' us into existence instead of using his hands or mind or whatever? It it because she's so pleased with the 'daughter of the starbreather' moniker she stole off pinterest made up for herself?

"Daughter of the starbreather" seems a big Fundy thing, from a cursory google - but wow, it sounds like something out of a cheesy fantasy book from the 1980s!  I searched because I was sure it came from something I'd read :-D

What is with the fundy fear of being ordinary? Raquel's insistence of magnificence. So many fundy parents who bragging to strangers on the internet about how amazing, special or gifted their kids are. As a kid, one of the things I loved about the story of the Good Samaritan (not knowing as a child that Samaritans were actually an scorned ethnic group of the time) was that all these "special" people walked past, but it was the ordinary guy who stopped and helped. But God forbid you ever suggest that any of them are less than super-duper awesome.

7 hours ago, Lurky said:

"Daughter of the starbreather" seems a big Fundy thing, from a cursory google - but wow, it sounds like something out of a cheesy fantasy book from the 1980s!  I searched because I was sure it came from something I'd read :-D

I've heard it used a few times recently by fundie-lite folks, along with some similar fantasy-sounding terms. I definitely had a similar reaction to yours!

14 hours ago, Vex said:

Why is she so weirdly adamant that god 'breathed' us into existence instead of using his hands or mind or whatever? It it because she's so pleased with the 'daughter of the starbreather' moniker she stole off pinterest made up for herself?

I believe it's a reference to the Holy Spirit. Either way, it seems like a very New Age-y term.

My twitter feed is in flaming fury.  Raquel is tweeting flirts to some band.  Same crap different day.  

Star breather is from the Psalms I think (33)

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
    their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

19 hours ago, Terrie said:

What is with the fundy fear of being ordinary? Raquel's insistence of magnificence. So many fundy parents who bragging to strangers on the internet about how amazing, special or gifted their kids are. As a kid, one of the things I loved about the story of the Good Samaritan (not knowing as a child that Samaritans were actually an scorned ethnic group of the time) was that all these "special" people walked past, but it was the ordinary guy who stopped and helped. But God forbid you ever suggest that any of them are less than super-duper awesome.

It's a trait of narcissism and narcissistic sociopathy, maybe that's why it crops up in these circles so much.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:52 PM, AmazonGrace said:

yeah sucking up always was a great career move

My first tattoo will read, "This is a deeply moving phrase that a musician on social media suggested to me after I forced him to." 

Perhaps Tweetable Tattoos would be a possible post count. (I know there's a place to post that. I'm being seriously distracted by cats carrying on a conversation... or maybe it's one particular cat talking to herself--she vocalizes enough for two or three.)

5 hours ago, Vex said:

It's a trait of narcissism and narcissistic sociopathy, maybe that's why it crops up in these circles so much.

I suppose religions that said, "you are kind of boring and insignificant and God really doesn't give two shits about you" would have more  trouble selling their story.

I suppose religions that said, "you are kind of boring and insignificant and God really doesn't give two shits about you" would have more  trouble selling their story.

The snort this sentence caused was painful.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived