IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

My interpretation of her latest post:

"I want a boyfriend who will look after me and keep me in the style to which I am accustomed, so I can afford to sit long hours sipping coffee and pretending to write instead of earning my own living.  I'm cute and totes spiritual and so I don't know why I don't have a boyfriend yet and I'm getting tired of waiting."

Also, altogether is not the same as all together.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She seems perpetually baffled that men aren't lining up at the chance to marry her. 

And she's confessing she doesn't have it all together.  Something we've known about both her Arne ourselves for quite sometime.  This doesn't make you special or unique.

I like how "the writer" Raquel is following someone called "Mogli the Iceburg [sic]."  

Also, WHERE THE HELL are the pics of her new and shitty tattoo?  It's Monday tomorrow, I need a laugh, and I thought It's Just Raquel could deliver.  

51 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Pictures are coming! 

Additions, plural. As in "more than one."

For some reason, the Lays' potato chip jingle is running through my head.

She tried, but she couldn't do it! No one can eat just one...

(not sure how that would translate over to tattoos...)

Now I get why she was babbling about not having it together and paying bills etc in that blog post.  She's spent money she needs for something else on skin art. 

23 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Now I get why she was babbling about not having it together and paying bills etc in that blog post.  She's spent money she needs for something else on skin art. 

When I was young, we used to draw designs on ourselves with Flair pens. Seems like it would be a whole lot cheaper.

Not as bad as putting her name on her side, but she has to over spiritualize everything. 

There's nothing wrong with B&W tattoos in general, but this one looks unfinished. Honestly, it looks like it belongs in a coloring book. 

That is called an employee trying to sell books, Raquel. Not every guy wants to date you. 

Good Grief.  NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT A MAN OR HOW APPEALING YOU ARE TO BOYS!!! Sorry folks - I had to.  I might be able to manage a bit of respect for her (might) if she would stop with the weirdness like that appealing stranger nonsense.  Or put another way - Jana Duggar for the win in this case.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That is called an employee trying to sell books, Raquel. Not every guy wants to date you. 

Oh good grief. Next thing we know she'll be tweeting something like "I was getting my 8,457th tattoo done and the super handsome artist put his hand on my arm."

An attractive young man said "You can use this lane if you are ready to check out." I don't think he was interested in dating me though. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

An attractive young man said "You can use this lane if you are ready to check out." I don't think he was interested in dating me though. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Hot Guy at Work greets me every time I see him.  Clearly he wants to marry me. 

On a different note, while I LOVE tattoos, Raquel's are starting to symbolize that she is a shallow, basic person who does not think things through long term and acts impulsively.  There are gorgeous, artistic tattoos; there are meaningful, well thought out tattoos...and then there are the things Raquel gets.  

I am mostly convinced that she keeps adding to them in quantity rather than quality because she thinks it makes her cool or something.  Well = because she's caught in a Pinterest fantasy land.  And instead of waiting until she has money to get a truly beautiful tattoo she keeps throwing money at cheap knockoffs.  

And I notice this one is on a place where people will, of course, notice.  

It's funny how painfully transparent Raquel's motivations and inner emotional state are. Are Raquels common in the world and we just don't see it because not all of them blog and social media spew the way she does, or is she an odd case that has been combination-spoiled-and-stunted by fundieish homeschooling?

Completely agree with your assessment, @clueliss. There's no way any of her tattoos cost more than about $50-60. They reek of scraping together spending money and blowing it immediately to look as cool as possible in small bursts, rather than carefully considering artful consultation, composition and placement to really make herself the canvas for works of art.

Not all small or cheap tattoos are bad. I have two large ones that I composed to go with one another and sort of create an artful asymmetry across my body when they're both exposed, but I constantly get the urge to go get small ones with some meaning or other -- something to represent my marriage, or my pets, or whatever. I'll venture to say one or two of Raquel's tattoos, in isolation, would be fine. Just the moth, or the forget-me-nots or whatever. It's just all in context and composition!

Raquel is basically the 20-something equivalent of a child covering herself in stickers.

5 minutes ago, Kariina said:

Raquel is basically the 20-something equivalent of a child covering herself in stickers.

There area not enough likes in the universe for that statement.  

And while I don't have tats - I do find them interesting.  And don't find them weird or anything but that could be because while I'm an accountant I'm also a fan of 80's hair metal and have seen all sorts of skin art.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived