IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

On 2/9/2017 at 1:49 AM, Georgiana said:

What sort of punctuation mark indicates "utter ecstasy" and how can I incorporate this into my daily life?

Obviously the noble interrobang.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her latest blog entry is certainly worth face palming. You can tell she thinks she's one of the "righteous" people who prevent God from destroying cities if He so chose. 

7 hours ago, Terrie said:

You can tell she thinks she's one of the "righteous" people who prevent God from destroying cities if He so chose.

If we have to rely on Raquel to save us by being righteous then we are all doomed. 

5 hours ago, xRoo said:

She is scheduling her next tattoo! Who's excited?!

I AM! 

My bet is still on something in another language which she neither speaks nor understands; one which she intends to say some trite nonsense that she thinks is deep.  However, it will actually say FALAFEL or HOT & SOUR SOUP and she will have no idea. 

Her next tattoo is bound to be terrible! 

From her Twitter is seems like her "custie" relationship didn't work out. Not surprising. 

51 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

From her Twitter is seems like her "custie" relationship didn't work out. Not surprising. 

Lucky guy. He was able to extract himself before he got in too deep. 

Someone explain love and homosexuals to Raquel based on that overnight tweet.  Yes, it is possible to be in love with a gay person.  But really, what she described was no in love - you're in lust with an actor in a program.  

Someone explain love and homosexuals to Raquel based on that overnight tweet.  Yes, it is possible to be in love with a gay person.  But really, what she described was no in love - you're in lust with an actor in a program.  

I... is she for real?

She is still pining after her past relationships that seemed to be very, very short.

And she is still trying to make custie happen. You know she probably directed this guy to her Instagram.

Yes, the important thing about creepy stalker 'custie' (barf) is that he's cute.  Nevermind that Ted Bundy seemed all regular on the surface.  

But worst than that...

Raquel the "writer" strikes again.  No wonder she didn't last at the newspaper. 

Oish - we call this writer's block, Raquel.  But if you can come up with a blog entry about allegedly being blocked is this really writer's block or are you trying to be special and artsy?  Also - we might call this ADULTING.  Becuase real life and the need to pay bills or deal with spouses or the kids (or in my case my mother) takes over.  Life is not all a pinterest board.  

Good God, this girl tweets more than the president.  Maybe if she'd stop wasting time on Twitter she'd have better luck with her fiction.  

I seem to recall in her NaNoWriMo Fathom novel endeavor that she did well in word count while she was doing a break from twitter/social media and when she came out of that break work stopped on the novel.  Which should tell her something. But it won't.  Because how can she be a real writer if she isn't tweeting about writing?

14 hours ago, Petrel said:

Good God, this girl tweets more than the president.  

The fact that that comparison makes sense saddens me greatly... 

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

I seem to recall in her NaNoWriMo Fathom novel endeavor that she did well in word count while she was doing a break from twitter/social media and when she came out of that break work stopped on the novel.  Which should tell her something. But it won't.  Because how can she be a real writer if she isn't tweeting about writing?

To be fair, Tweeting about writing is probably much more fun than actually sitting down to hammer out the logistics of a story, edit it, and send it out to publishers when there's a high likelihood they will reject it. 

I suspect that she had/has this TV/Movie/Pinterest view of the writing life where she just sits at the computer or with her notebook dashing off pithy thoughts all day and people lurving it and her.  When the reality is far far different.

Anyone else skeeved by her festishizing of gay men, asking if she can be in love with one, when she's gone on record saying she doesn't think being gay is okay with her God? Leaves me with the urge to wash my hands.

4 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Anyone else skeeved by her festishizing of gay men, asking if she can be in love with one, when she's gone on record saying she doesn't think being gay is okay with her God? Leaves me with the urge to wash my hands.

She has always acted like gay people aren't actually humans, just objects who are probably going to hell, but might amuse her while she is here on earth. 

The thing is, she isn't caring about another person, she is trying to smother them because she thinks they become something that belongs to her.

22 hours ago, clueliss said:

I suspect that she had/has this TV/Movie/Pinterest view of the writing life where she just sits at the computer or with her notebook dashing off pithy thoughts all day and people lurving it and her.  When the reality is far far different.

Read this, Raquel...

"Giving yourself completely to writing doesn’t require having all the free time in the world. Just the opposite. One of the most important lessons that I try to teach my students is not to be precious about your process. I have worn away any preciousness about where I write, or when I write, or for how long I write because I live in New York City, and I’m a college professor. I work a lot, and I’m in motion a lot. And I have to be comfortable pulling out my notebook or my computer on the subway, or in a café, or in a cafeteria, and just working for 20 minutes if that’s all I have. Because if I wait for the muse to get comfortable, I may never write again. I’ve learned that the more important thing is to just sit and do it. When I do that, I can summon her.

We can’t be romantic about our practice, because it is hard work that requires time and sacrifice. The beauty isn’t in the way that we sit down to do it. The beauty will be in the thing that we create, whenever and however we can force ourselves to buckle down and start."

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/03/when-a-writers-great-freedom-lies-in-constraint/520212/?utm_source=writersfb

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived