IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

Btw: can confirm she just stopped showing up to the coffee shop job. I am friends with the owner and know many of the baristas there.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Raquel is a pretty girl but, As someone who has a daughter around Raquel's age and spends a lot of time around young ladies, I can say most girls around her age are beautiful, and those that seem 'plain' often clean up very nicely when they do hair and makeup. (I mostly see them on a soccer field) These girls are all smart, creative, and talented, and I really mean it. Raquel is average, and this is not a criticism. 

I think this is a danger with homeschooling. I imagine I would think my kids were the second coming because I do think they are wonderful, talented and smart, and they are......But I go to the school art shows, performances, award ceremonies and see there are so many wonderful talented young people.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:22 PM, xRoo said:

Btw: can confirm she just stopped showing up to the coffee shop job. I am friends with the owner and know many of the baristas there.

Spill the beans!  Was anyone surprised when Raquel quit, or did they suspect she was unhappy on the job?  Did she seem as shallow and narcissistic in person as she appears on social media?  Was she a notorious flirt with the customers?  Was this the coffee shop where she wanted a cop to dance with her?  What did the other employees think of that?

Spill the beans!  Was anyone surprised when Raquel quit, or did they suspect she was unhappy on the job?  Did she seem as shallow and narcissistic in person as she appears on social media?  Was she a notorious flirt with the customers?  Was this the coffee shop where she wanted a cop to dance with her?  What did the other employees think of that?

I try not to delve into her not-online life too much. It feels like an invasion of privacy. I know they were pretty unimpressed with how she left but not that surprised because she talked about her other job a lot... "I actually am not allowed to discuss my other shop here because its the competition but..."

The other shop is where she danced with customers. The other employees thought she was alright. I imagine as far as coworkers go she isn't the worst to work with.

She was horrendous to me when I was there. I had to shout at her to get a refill, she completely ignored me and flirted with other customers. Then said "Do I know you?" When I said her name to get her attention. We have met several times and her friends had already told me she was saying nasty things about me to them.

On 4/23/2017 at 7:34 AM, Flossie said:

Raquel is so... Clueless?  Narcissistic?  Not quite on the ASD, I don't think, but something's going on there.

I know I should read all the past threads on her, but I'd appreciate it if someone would give me the Cliff's Notes version.

I think she was homeschooled, and thinks very highly of herself, but maybe her parents have changed their views because they made her move out of their house?  

At some point she was given a horse that she thought she'd prance around fields with and take naps with but in the end she found that didn't work out because the horse needed her to actually feed it and care for it and that turned out to be too boring?

A backstory would be appreciated here.

I suspect that was the case with Raquel and her siblings. I remember she did various posts talking about how she and her siblings were so much better than kids in public schools. I think if Raquel had attended a public or private school with her attitude she would have been smacked down at some point.

The stuff with the horse pissed me off. I blame the parents on that one too.

3 hours ago, xRoo said:

I try not to delve into her not-online life too much. It feels like an invasion of privacy. I know they were pretty unimpressed with how she left but not that surprised because she talked about her other job a lot... "I actually am not allowed to discuss my other shop here because its the competition but..."

The other shop is where she danced with customers. The other employees thought she was alright. I imagine as far as coworkers go she isn't the worst to work with.

She was horrendous to me when I was there. I had to shout at her to get a refill, she completely ignored me and flirted with other customers. Then said "Do I know you?" When I said her name to get her attention. We have met several times and her friends had already told me she was saying nasty things about me to them.

Thank you.  I understand that you don't want to get too specific when talking about Raquel, so I tried to keep my questions rather open-ended.

What I gathered from your reply was that Raquel did send out signals that she was not happy with her job, and she probably was somewhat of a braggart.  At least she wasn't so horrible that the other employees threw a party when she left.

I guess Raquel was an ass to you when you were in the shop because she could tell you weren't on the "Love All Things Raquel" train.  I wonder if she realized at the time that you knew the owner of the shop when she got snippy with you after trying to ignore you.  It's immature, but maybe she'll outgrow that stuff.  

Raquel's still young, and some people take longer to grow up.  Being over-indulged and sheltered when growing up will do that.

What exactly is she doing right now?  Raquel of the old days, of the orange penis ferret and of Leona the slutty alcoholic atheist, was way more genuine and entertaining than the Raquel of today.  

Now she's just a hipster who can't spell.  :-(  

11 hours ago, xRoo said:

This plays right into my (and probably everyone else's) theory that she's one of those women who craves male attention and seeks it in totally inappropriate ways all the while behaving really nastily towards any other woman in the vicinity, and, when called on either of those things, retreats into wide-eyed innocence and insists that they "can only have male friends because other women are mean and catty and start drama all the time...AND I HATE DRAMA." It's so immature and cringey. Not to mention profoundly infuriating to deal with. 

It's not a path that ends well. Eventually, all of her (presumably hetero) male bffs are going to find girlfriends who are actually available and slow-fade her (because said girlfriends will probably not tolerate Raquel's nonstop attention-seeking and boundary-stomping). I anticipate many rants about "crazy girlfriends" who don't understand her "passionate friendships" with their boyfriends. IF only self-awareness came in pill form...

9 hours ago, Flossie said:

<snip>

Raquel's still young, and some people take longer to grow up.  Being over-indulged and sheltered when growing up will do that.

While I agree with you somewhat, homegirl is 22 and has been living on her own for a bit over a year now. Time to start adulting.

9 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

This plays right into my (and probably everyone else's) theory that she's one of those women who craves male attention and seeks it in totally inappropriate ways all the while behaving really nastily towards any other woman in the vicinity, and, when called on either of those things, retreats into wide-eyed innocence and insists that they "can only have male friends because other women are mean and catty and start drama all the time...AND I HATE DRAMA." It's so immature and cringey. Not to mention profoundly infuriating to deal with. 

This is very true. Remember when she was super angry because a another beautiful woman named Raquel went on one of the Peru mission trips? Our Raquel was apparently very hateful to that Raquel and then upped the hate when that Raquel went on another mission trip. 

And she's claiming to be "in love" with a gay customer. Girl needs to learn the difference between finding someone attractive and loving them. And to stop fetishizing gay men. (Especially since she thinks homosexuality is not allowed by the Bible.)

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

And she's claiming to be "in love" with a gay customer.

Maybe it's supposed to be a "joke"? Attraction, infatuation and love can all be fun in their own rights but they're not the same thing!

Also, now I'm reminded of that cheesy song from a few years ago "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop." 

30 minutes ago, xRoo said:

Is she still in school?

She had said she might go back in January, but I don't think she ever did. I suspect that after her 96 on the About Me paper, she didn't get such high grades. If there is one thing Raquel can't tolerate that is someone telling her she isn't as  great of a writer as she thinks she is. 

4 hours ago, Terrie said:

And she's claiming to be "in love" with a gay customer. Girl needs to learn the difference between finding someone attractive and loving them. And to stop fetishizing gay men. (Especially since she thinks homosexuality is not allowed by the Bible.)

I can't stand for her that. I hope the gay guy avoids her at that shop especially if her co-workers and other customers know about her homophobic attitude.

5 hours ago, December said:

Maybe it's supposed to be a "joke"? Attraction, infatuation and love can all be fun in their own rights but they're not the same thing!

Normally, I'd say it was probably tongue in cheek, but this is Raquel. She's thinks every guy she goes on a single date with is profoundly changed by her love.

Raquel deeply hurt someone and has decided to change her life. 

Everyone talks about hitting rock bottom, but what they don’t specify is how differently it will happen to each of us

See, for me, it was hurting the person who I love most in this world and knowing that the pain I felt wasn’t just my own; it was theirs too.

Coming to such a point in life made me realize some big changes needed to happen.  It took hitting rock bottom to sort of wake me up, as it were.  I knew my life needed a new direction, but I guess I had just been too scared to admit it.

No real mentions on how she is going to change or what she is going to change, but she is humbled now. Hopefully the change will involve no more stealing from other writers. The change doesn't involve no longer using the word "cuz". 

And sometimes, He needs to chip away at all the nastiness that has built up until nothing is left but crumbled pieces of myself.

Something I have seen and testified with my own eyes is that He specializes in making beauty from ashes.

Oh it’s one of His favorite things to do!

And isn’t it just like Him to go above and beyond anything we could ever ask or imagine?

Cuz that’s just what He does.

And the whole posts kind of makes it look like she is making the pain she caused someone else all about herself and her pain, so I'm not holding my breath that Raquel has become self-aware and is going to be a better human. 

I tried to read said 'pome' but my eyes started to cross and I gave up.  (I would have much more respect for these posts of hers if she did it in an essay format instead of insisting on dumping it a janky pome format.)

I may have interpreted what I did read as 'I was really into this guy and he stopped talking to me because of my big mouth' (but I could be wrong)

How many profound epiphanies has she blogged about before? And yet she's still Raquel.

A daughter to two.  A sister to 6.  A bondservant to One.

I love radical ideas and passionate feelings, honest thoughts being spoken and gracious forgiveness when wronged.  I love languages and the complexities they posses.  I love human hearts that truly feel, and hurt deeply because they love deeply.  I love warm beds in cold rooms.  And sun amidst the raindrops.

From her about me section. Here are my radical and passionate ideas/feelings for Raquel since she loves them so much:

~Don't plagiarize. Just don't. I know it will be hard, but realize this is stealing just as much as if you stole something from a store. Changing a couple of words doesn't mean you aren't plagiarizing. 

~Take a poetry writing class. Learn that free verse poetry doesn't mean chopping up sentences. 

~Apologize on your blog for your past shitty behavior. If you really hit rock bottom, the path up is with publicly apologizing for all the terrible things you publicly wrote. If you realize that neglecting a horse, kicking a dog, and telling gay people that they are going to hell is wrong, write it in a blog post.

~Get off Pinterest. 

~stop getting tattoos that you think are super deep. Getting your name tattooed on your side makes you look self-absorbed, not deep and spiritual. 

~realize that most people feel, hurt and love deeply, you aren't some special snowflake that feels more than anyone else. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

From her about me section. Here are my radical and passionate ideas/feelings for Raquel since she loves them so much:

~Don't plagiarize. Just don't. I know it will be hard, but realize this is stealing just as much as if you stole something from a store. Changing a couple of words doesn't mean you aren't plagiarizing. 

~Take a poetry writing class. Learn that free verse poetry doesn't mean chopping up sentences. 

~Apologize on your blog for your past shitty behavior. If you really hit rock bottom, the path up is with publicly apologizing for all the terrible things you publicly wrote. If you realize that neglecting a horse, kicking a dog, and telling gay people that they are going to hell is wrong, write it in a blog post.

~Get off Pinterest. 

~stop getting tattoos that you think are super deep. Getting your name tattooed on your side makes you look self-absorbed, not deep and spiritual. 

~realize that most people feel, hurt and love deeply, you aren't some special snowflake that feels more than anyone else. 

I'm surprised she didn't just crib the lyrics to "My Favourite Things."  Where's the crisp apple strudels and the raindrops on roses, Raquel? 

I worry about when she is trying to get a real adult-person job.  If she tries to get a writing position, all of her publicly identified plagiarism will be a problem.  If she tries to get a position of trust, her weird and creepy behaviour with the orphans could be a problem.  Either way, she has an online presence that smacks of oversharing and childishness, and she's not exactly portraying the sterling qualities that most companies are looking for. 

She was asked once on her ask.fm if she worried about her online life impacting her job opportunities and she didn't. She doesn't seem to even grasp the concept of plagiarism, so employers Googling her and being turned off by the poor decisions she has put all over the internet isn't a thing she is going to get. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived