IGNORED

Mailing Cookies!

candygirl200413

So I wanted to make cookies for my little sister in my sorority for finals. I was originally going to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but I'm getting nervous at the same time because I know they are very soft and even though I would be overnighting it, it still gets me nervous. I was thinking if I still made the pumpkin cookies instead of regular chocolate chip that I could package them in plastic baggies and then packaged them in a cookie tin.

If you have any tips it would be very appreciative!

I used to send cookies to my son in Korea all the time. Empty some Pringle Potato Chip cans and wipe them out real good and pack with cookies. Pack the cans in a box and the cookies make it in one piece.

ETA: I think pumpkin cookies would be too wet. I would go with something dryer, choc chip, pnut butter, oatmeal etc.

@candygirl200413,  it might help to think about what it is that makes the cookies soft.  Is it the chocolate chips or is it the pumpkin? I think it's probably the pumpkin.

I see that @Chickenbutt has already given you a great suggestion for packing the cookies.  I also concur that pumpkin may just be too wet.  Plain chocolate chip would tend to be sturdier, I think.

Thank you both! I've decided to stick with chocolate chip, but sadly I don't have pringles cans. Would something like using a tightly sealed container work?

Yes, but pack the cookies tightly so they don't bounce around. Or you can add some popcorn to the container. That will cushion the cookies and keep them from breaking.

I hate Pringles. I used to buy them, dump them into a Ziploc bag and give them to the gr kids. I just kept the container....lol.

Archived