IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, Mecca said:

My friends, it finally happened. Remember when I said a few weeks back that I dared a Trumper to freak out on me? Well, it occurred tonight. I had a run in at a restaurant with a Trump supporter. LOL! I wished I had caught it on video. This poor woman had no idea that she had come up on two of the most vocal people that would tell her off without blinking an eye.

I am going to D.C. for the protests and march with my friend, so of course we were talking about Trump and the upcoming protests. The Trumper was sitting two tables down from us, and I guess she overheard our conversation since there were no other people sitting between us. She gets up from her seat and shouts at us, "HA! HA! HA! YOU LOST, YOU SORE LOSERS!! TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT AND YOU BETTER GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES" Yeah, no. I won't be doing that, I told her. I told her I will never respect anyone that sexually assaults women, makes fun of people with disabilities, calls immigrants names, wants to break up innocent families, hates people that practice a different religion, takes away insurance from people or destroy the rights and freedoms of others while pissing on the Constitution. I told her she is more than welcome to be an asshat all she wants on her own time, I won't deny her that right, but she won't be yelling at us anymore about Trump and respect when he has yet to show it to anyone else, and I would like to finish my dinner in peace. That is when my friend went in on her. I honestly don't think she knew what to say to us, so she muffled something to the man she was eating with, and I finished my crawfish etouffee. 

Truth be told, I really, REALLY wanted to call her every name in the book and then take her stupid sequined hat she was wearing and shove it up her can, but I felt throwing back in her face the stupidity of Trump was a better approach. Dang. That felt sooooooooo good. I mean, I only said a few curse words. That must be a record for me. 

I am not kidding when I tell you all I have a shit magnet. I guess that magnet tonight attracted a Trumper. LOL! 

I wish I could upvote this several dozen times.  I haven't had any nasty encounters yet with any Branch Trumpvidians yet in person.  I submitted a letter to the editor the other day calling out a local Branch Trumpvidian for claiming Donald J. Putinfluffer will bring about the return of "God given principles" so if that gets published I'll probably get some attention from the local Branch Trumpvidians. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whether to watch this debacle or not. 

My first instinct was not to watch it, just to hide under the bed  with Boris, my German Shepard mix,  who likes to do that anyway.

What can you do when reality becomes weirder than your dreams?

I will be in spirit with all you who are going to the march Saturday. My old and broken body won't allow me to go, but I hope everyone has a great time and please be safe. I hope that all news agencies cover this and speak to some of the protesters. 

5 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I don't know whether to watch this debacle or not. 

My first instinct was not to watch it, just to hide under the bed  with Boris, my German Shepard mix,  who likes to do that anyway.

What can you do when reality becomes weirder than your dreams?

No, I will not watch. I can't bear to see it. If I didn't have to work, I'd probably start drinking early. I can't fit under my bed, but I understand the inclination.

I am just petty enough to snicker because rain is forecast for tomorrow in DC, starting around 10AM. On the other hand, for the Women's March on Saturday, it's supposed to be beautiful weather!

Probably not, but I might turn in to hear the rambling, nonsense speech that he wrote himself. 

11 minutes ago, Penny said:

I will be in spirit with all you who are going to the march Saturday. My old and broken body won't allow me to go, but I hope everyone has a great time and please be safe. I hope that all news agencies cover this and speak to some of the protesters. 

Oh Penny, I'm right there with you. I so want to go on Saturday -- I'm only 12 miles from DC -- but I have too many mobility issues. I know our local news will be covering the march.

11 hours ago, Mecca said:

My friends, it finally happened. Remember when I said a few weeks back that I dared a Trumper to freak out on me? Well, it occurred tonight. I had a run in at a restaurant with a Trump supporter. LOL! I wished I had caught it on video. This poor woman had no idea that she had come up on two of the most vocal people that would tell her off without blinking an eye.

I am going to D.C. for the protests and march with my friend, so of course we were talking about Trump and the upcoming protests. The Trumper was sitting two tables down from us, and I guess she overheard our conversation since there were no other people sitting between us. She gets up from her seat and shouts at us, "HA! HA! HA! YOU LOST, YOU SORE LOSERS!! TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT AND YOU BETTER GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES" Yeah, no. I won't be doing that, I told her. I told her I will never respect anyone that sexually assaults women, makes fun of people with disabilities, calls immigrants names, wants to break up innocent families, hates people that practice a different religion, takes away insurance from people or destroy the rights and freedoms of others while pissing on the Constitution. I told her she is more than welcome to be an asshat all she wants on her own time, I won't deny her that right, but she won't be yelling at us anymore about Trump and respect when he has yet to show it to anyone else, and I would like to finish my dinner in peace. That is when my friend went in on her. I honestly don't think she knew what to say to us, so she muffled something to the man she was eating with, and I finished my crawfish etouffee. 

Truth be told, I really, REALLY wanted to call her every name in the book and then take her stupid sequined hat she was wearing and shove it up her can, but I felt throwing back in her face the stupidity of Trump was a better approach. Dang. That felt sooooooooo good. I mean, I only said a few curse words. That must be a record for me. 

I am not kidding when I tell you all I have a shit magnet. I guess that magnet tonight attracted a Trumper. LOL! 

Yay, you did good! I haven't had one go off on me, but I have a feeling I won't be as restrained as you were.

I won't be able to watch because I'll be at work (wishing I had lots of rum in my Diet Coke), but I will probably DVR it and hit fast-forward a lot. I can't stand the sound of Donnie's voice (and I think his oratory skills suck), so I won't listen to much of what he has to say.  But overall, I'd like to know how it goes. 

7 minutes ago, catlady said:

I won't be able to watch because I'll be at work (wishing I had lots of rum in my Diet Coke), but I will probably DVR it and hit fast-forward a lot. I can't stand the sound of Donnie's voice (and I think his oratory skills suck), so I won't listen to much of what he has to say.  But overall, I'd like to know how it goes. 

You can watch it on mute with closed captioning. That's what I do when I can't stand the speaker's voice. Also, I'm sure that the Washington Post will do live updates and follow up with a full transcript.

I hope the march goes well, and people have a good time. And above all- that whole thing goes peacefully and there is no violence and abjection from either side. 

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I wish I could upvote this several dozen times.  I haven't had any nasty encounters yet with any Branch Trumpvidians yet in person.  I submitted a letter to the editor the other day calling out a local Branch Trumpvidian for claiming Donald J. Putinfluffer will bring about the return of "God given principles" so if that gets published I'll probably get some attention from the local Branch Trumpvidians. 

Seriously?  The adulterer who talked about wanting to bang his own daughter.  The guy who shafted people out of thousands of dollars with his fake university.  The guy who refused to pay companies who did business with him in good faith.  The guy who mocked a man's disability on national television.  That guy is going to bring back "god given principles"?  Pardon me while I scoff.

Nope.  I'm not watching this farce.  I have to work anyway, but I wouldn't watch even if I were home.  I will however tune in to see the march on Saturday which I'm sure will be televised on at least one news station.

I've decided to not watch any news channels tomorrow morning, I'm actually sleeping in so I won't have time.  I'm can't believe that this is really happening.  Holy f@#$, Donald Drumpf will be our president.  

Please pardon me while I vent:

This bleeding heart liberal cares about her country.  A lot. The national anthem makes me tear up.  Patriotism isn't reserved for the radical right . 

I can't understand why half of this country voted against their own best interests  ..

It really bothers me that an idiot racist, sexist POS egomaniac is going to be in charge of everything in a matter of hours. 

Hunter Thompson once said 'When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.'

It sure has gotten weird in the US lately. I'm an artist, therefore a weirdo, and even I don't know what I'm supposed to do about this sorry state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Seriously?  The adulterer who talked about wanting to bang his own daughter.  The guy who shafted people out of thousands of dollars with his fake university.  The guy who refused to pay companies who did business with him in good faith.  The guy who mocked a man's disability on national television.  That guy is going to bring back "god given principles"?  Pardon me while I scoff.

Well as I've said the giant orange tapeworm's supporters have been rather cult like in their adoration of said tapeworm.  Which is why they've more than earned their nickname Branch Trumpvidians. 

I'm an Episcopalian and I belong to a Facebook group for Episcopalians, and there are Episcopalians who are total Branch Trumpvidians, and coming up with all manner of excuses for why they support the tapeworm.  A couple of them got nasty enough that I had to block them.

By the way, I saw this earlier today and had to share it.

tapeworm.gif

On 1/18/2017 at 5:37 AM, Childless said:

Since her 70 year old, overweight husband with an unhealthy diet is starting what is arguably the most stressful job on the planet at the end of the week, she's probably just decided to hang on until he keels over.  Especially since she's found a way to stay married to him without having to live with him.  Right now, she has a pretty sweet set up.  She's good for at least the next 4 years.  This is probably the happiest she's ever been.

If she's planning on sticking it out long enough to be Trump's widow, she needs to be very careful about signing anything that she hasn't read. I can easily see Trump setting things up so that he can control her from the grave. 

I agree with you on paper that Trump shouldn't have that much time left, but I've learned that anger and resentment can keep some people going well beyond expectations. :pb_neutral:

51 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

It sure has gotten weird in the US lately. I'm an artist, therefore a weirdo, and even I don't know what I'm supposed to do about this sorry state of affairs.

Is there any way for you to channel your emotions into your art? I could see that being cathartic, and you may create something really amazing. 

Interesting op-ed: "Trump’s presidency is doomed"

Whether he knows it or not, the specter of Lyndon Baines Johnson haunts Donald John Trump. There are some jarring similarities — two big, fleshy men given to vulgarities and gauche behavior, boastful, thin-skinned, politically amoral, vengeful, unforgiving and, most important, considered illegitimate presidents. For Johnson, that took some time to sink in; Trump is already there.

Johnson ascended to the presidency upon the death of John F. Kennedy and then won election in a landslide over Barry Goldwater. Nevertheless, an air of illegitimacy clung to him like an odor. It thickened as opposition to the Vietnam War became more and more furious and it peaked, in my estimation, with a hoax in 1967 by Paul Krassner in the counterculture magazine the Realist. Tongue in cheek, it reported that Johnson had climbed into Kennedy’s casket and there done unspeakable things. The story was abominable, tasteless and deserved any other insult you could throw at it, but some people believed it. I know. I heard it.

Jump now a half-century to the recent stories relating to Trump and alleged shenanigans in Russia at a time not all that distant. The accounts, unverified and as revolting as any concocted about Johnson, had a currency that can be explained only by Trump’s own behavior — a persona that seems so self-indulgent, so juvenile, that almost any sort of behavior seems credible. Trump called the report fake news and, as always, blamed the messenger (the media, the intelligence community, etc.), but he ought to have looked in the mirror and wondered why he looks so ugly to so many people.

Krassner is an obscure 1960s figure; Rep. John Lewis is not. The Georgia Democrat said the other day that Trump’s presidency was illegitimate and he would not, as an invited member of Congress, attend the inauguration. Trump, of course, tweeted a disparagement. As he did when he belittled John McCain’s heroism under torture, Trump said Lewis was “all talk” and “no action.”

Lewis is one of the last of the great civil rights-era heroes. He marched. He protested. He had his head cracked at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala. It was 1965 and the Alabama police nearly beat him to death. He is a man of immense courage and morality, so much greater than Trump in those respects.

Yes, Trump won in the electoral college, and that, alas, is all that matters. But on the larger point, Lewis is right. Trump conducted a dirty, dishonest campaign that sullied the very presidency he won. He questioned Barack Obama’s legitimacy, trafficked in racism and demagoguery, and seems to have had poll workers in far-off Moscow. Still, he’ll be the president.

But Trump ought to pay attention to Lewis and what he represents. The president-elect will take the oath with a minority of the popular vote — a substantial deficit of almost 3 million votes. He enters the Oval Office with historically dismal poll numbers, lower now than right after he won the election. He has done nothing to woo the majority of Americans who rejected his candidacy and has, instead, adhered to his schoolyard habit of tweeting his every grievance, denigrating his every critic, making cameos with vaccine and global-warming doubters and, as if to show some versatility, rascals such as Don King and Kanye West. It is a “Gong Show” with no gong in sight.

Lyndon Johnson would no doubt warn Trump that he is already on thin ice and he will plunge through it the moment Congress takes the measure of his unpopularity. Johnson was a man of huge political abilities and experience, and his achievements in civil rights entitled him to greatness. Yet, when Vietnam went sour, so did the public, and it seemed, after a while, that his personal characteristics, scathingly caricatured by artists such as David Levine and Jules Feiffer, oozed out of him so that they obscured both him and his accomplishments. He was deemed capable of anything — of lying and perversion of all kinds. This is where Trump stands now.

By the end of the week, Trump will be the president. I wish him the best; I wish him the worst. The dilemma is how to separate loathing for him from love of country. I am leaving it to time to work that out. Meanwhile, Trump will have his moment, that’s for sure, but when things go wrong he will be chased from office — just like Johnson once was. The ancient Greeks knew why: A man’s character is his fate. In that case, Trump’s presidency is doomed.

I truly keep thinking I'm going to wake up and this has all been a bad dream.

11 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

*snip*

Is there any way for you to channel your emotions into your art? I could see that being cathartic, and you may create something really amazing. 

Trump has been an inspiratiiom for sure and I have lots of ideas. ;)

I'm not going to watch the live broadcast. The highlights will be plastered everywhere on social media, so I'll know what went down later. 

I don't think I can stomach it, but I'm sure all the late night shows will have the highlights, so I'll see the clips worth seeing. I can't even believe this is all happening. It still feels a bit surreal somehow. 

I see the Giant Orange Tapeworm wants to eliminate DOJ funding for helping women who were the victims of violence...

motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/donald-trump-end-violence-against-women-grants

Donald Trump has big plans to reduce the federal budget. The Hill reported on Thursday morning that his transition team has been working off a Heritage Foundation blueprint and pulled together a list of government agencies they hope to wipe out. The plans include: privatizing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (so long Big Bird), cuts in nuclear physics research at the Department of Energy, and ending money spent on the historic Paris climate agreement. The National Endowment for the Arts will disappear if Trump gets his way. Trump apparently hasn't told his cabinet nominees that they'll soon be in charge of diminished budgets. In total, Trump's cuts to federal programs would reportedly slice $10.5 trillion in spending over the next decade.

Add to the list of government programs on the possible chopping block: Violence Against Women grants in the Department of Justice. The office that handles those grants had a $480 million budget in 2016. As Twitter user Caroline Q. pointed out, it currently oversees 25 grant programs that help women who have been victims of domestic violence.

Our future president is fond of bragging about how he can get away with sexual assault, was accused of rape by his ex-wife, and over a dozen women came forward during the presidential campaign with allegations of sexual assault. Programs that deal with helping women who face violent men may not be high on his list of presidential priorities.

For all Johnson's faults...

LBJ.jpg(If I remember correctly, this was his answer for "why so many Americans voted against their own best interest?") 

20 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I see the Giant Orange Tapeworm wants to eliminate DOJ funding for helping women who were the victims of violence...

motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/donald-trump-end-violence-against-women-grants

Since Russia is currently being upheld as the "Family Values" standard that we should emulate in certain Christian circles, I am not surprised at this move. Russia is working to decriminalize some forms of domestic violence:

The bill's sponsors, including arch-conservative senator Yelena Mizulina, say the proposed law would simply bring family law into line with reforms passed last summer that loosened punishment for other minor assaults.

Mizulina has called the existing laws "anti-family" and a "baseless intervention into family affairs" that allows prosecution for just "a scratch."

Mizulina, a staunch proponent of traditional values, was also the author of Russia's controversial so-called "gay propaganda law," which prohibits "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relationships."

The Russian Orthodox Church, with its emphasis on traditional family norms, is also influencing the debate. So are the traditional rules of Russian family life, including the "domostroi," a centuries-old manual prescribing strict rules of behavior and requiring absolute submission to the head of the family.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/13/europe/russia-domestic-violence/index.html

Working.  Had this been, say, our first woman president I would have taken the day off of work to celebrate and watch.  This?  Nope.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived