IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

Another Monkees fan here...Heavy duty full-on "thing" for Mike Nesmith!

The best Monkees episode ever

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It's almost like Jessa has "come hither" looks in those selfies. Calling not modest Jessa Blessa!!!

I wonder how many selfies she takes to get the perfect one. 

53 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Maybe it's just me, but those pics look exactly the same to me. People are ridiculous with guessing the SEX of the baby via how you carry. Do penises make babies float? Why would a boy carry higher? 

:pb_lol:

I get why women would speculate about that kind of thing in the days before ultrasounds, but now all those theories have been thoroughly debunked and I'm always a little surprised when people seem to still seriously think that the way a woman carries has anything to do with the sex of the baby.

On 03/12/2016 at 7:40 PM, snarkopolis said:

After seeing some of the music choices my fellow FJers have made in their youth all I can say is that I feel a little  better having my Partridge Family album sitting on my shelf next to my collection of Billboard CDs (Best Hits from 1970-1983). Easier to have all those "hits" in one place. 

8 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Micky, Mike, Davy, Peter.. the Monkees!! (Peter is my favorite, still!)

The Beatles, of course, and Paul Revere and the Raiders...

The partridge family and the monkees were my gateway bands to classic rock (starting with the beatles and moving to different subgenres of rock) when i was 12 or so. Muchmusic used to play the shows in the morning and i'd watch them in the late 90s. I would say i have been pretty heavy into every genre except rap and r&b not because i feel it is bad music, i just dont enjoy it right now but i could in the future.

She doesn't even look like she's carrying lower, it just looks like she's gained less weight this time around.

On 12/3/2016 at 7:53 PM, Evangeline said:

What, no Debbie Gibson or NKOTB fans here? :my_biggrin:

That was totally me. Kinda embarrassed by it now, but only a little. 

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She doesn't even look like she's carrying lower, it just looks like she's gained less weight this time around.

I totally agree, less weight, but no less smug...sure do hope she's had an ultrasound by now

14 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I totally agree, less weight, but no less smug...sure do hope she's had an ultrasound by now

Still smug, still pregnant :P 

On 12/4/2016 at 8:24 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I was a total boy band lover in elementary school, but then I went full-on emo and pop punk in middle school: Linkin Park, Evanescence, Dresden Dolls, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Green Day (I had American Idiot on repeat)...now I listen to just about anything that strikes my fancy. Right now I'm pretty into The Weeknd (his new album is good, but House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls is my favorite song ever right now) and Nine Inch Nails -- you'd think those don't really mesh, but I'd kill to hear them collaborate. I also really like The Mountain Goats and The Decemberists.

The you would be super jealous to know that Tre Cool lived directly across the street from me for about 10 years, until the play forced him to move to LA, because the grind of commuting to LA or NY for several weeks at a time was getting to be a drain. 

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Still smug, still pregnant :P 

yup, and she will continue be both things, every chance she gets :P

(btw, I believe if any of them regularly comes to FJ, it's Jessa...imo she is the only one who could handle it...Jinger might read a little, her name is in the title after all, but I think Jill would probably find us unpleasant)

Sometimes I wonder what the Duggars would make of a group of people who regularly analyse their lives from the perspective of ...non Christian fundamentalists. To me it's like armchair anthropology. To them...the devil sending sinful thoughts into our minds so that we try to discredit bible-loving, God-fearing Christians in the eyes of the public? 

It's weird enough for to me to try to imagine wanting to be a reality TV star, but what about a forum that discusses your life from a perspective you consider wrong or even evil? They probably hope that at least some of us will be converted simply by being exposed to their godly ways and it's the price they have to pay for gracing us with their tv ministry (*sarcasm*).

42 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

Sometimes I wonder what the Duggars would make of a group of people who regularly analyse their lives from the perspective of ...non Christian fundamentalists. To me it's like armchair anthropology. To them...the devil sending sinful thoughts into our minds so that we try to discredit bible-loving, God-fearing Christians in the eyes of the public? 

It's weird enough for to me to try to imagine wanting to be a reality TV star, but what about a forum that discusses your life from a perspective you consider wrong or even evil? They probably hope that at least some of us will be converted simply by being exposed to their godly ways and it's the price they have to pay for gracing us with their tv ministry (*sarcasm*).

Hm. We've had other fundies come here and they seemed...unimpressed. Supposedly the Duggars-- including Jinger-- know about this website and think it's funny.

Personally, I'd be super uncomfortable with internet strangers picking apart every detail of my known life. 

Then again, that's why I don't pursue a life in the public eye.

3 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Hm. We've had other fundies come here and they seemed...unimpressed. Supposedly the Duggars-- including Jinger-- know about this website and think it's funny.

Personally, I'd be super uncomfortable with internet strangers picking apart every detail of my known life. 

Then again, that's why I don't pursue a life in the public eye.

They think it's funny because they don't get it. 

On 12/4/2016 at 8:27 PM, Chevreuil said:

The partridge family and the monkees were my gateway bands to classic rock (starting with the beatles and moving to different subgenres of rock) when i was 12 or so. Muchmusic used to play the shows in the morning and i'd watch them in the late 90s. I would say i have been pretty heavy into every genre except rap and r&b not because i feel it is bad music, i just dont enjoy it right now but i could in the future.

If you want some good introductions to rap and r&b, listen to the Hamilton soundtrack. I also recommend checking out Aloe Blacc (mostly because his voice is AMAZING). And for rap, stuff from the 80s-90s can be a good way to get your feet wet -- at least that's how I started to come around to genuinely liking the genre instead of just liking some of the popular songs I'd hear at parties. Salt N Pepa is great (especially None of Your Business), and Tupac can be intense, but a lot of his "message" songs are truly incredible. And if you want something raunchier, Childish Gambino (rap alter ego of the actor Donald Glover) has some songs with really funny (if a bit misogynistic) wordplay.

And if you want to go more avant-garde/edgy, Death Grips is really cool; they did some work with Björk a few years back.

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

They think it's funny because they don't get it. 

I can see that,  the majority of them sadly seem to have IQ's that hover at room temperature; however, I think Jessa is different.  I feel qualified to say this because I gave birth to someone very much like her, their birthdays are only a few days apart (not the same year, or even the same decade :P). I know that if there were a forbidden fruit sort of site like this where my daughter was featured and discussed, she would definitely go there. I think it would fuel/feed something in her, like I believe it does in Jessa, even if it pissed her off majorly.  She would not be able to resist.

Somebody is paying attention, because I have noticed little things on the show have been changed after reading about it here, most notably Jessa and Bin, and their rather forced displays of affection. I know, from stills and the show, that Jessa was draped all over him in the beginning of their marriage, there was heat there.  Now, it appears the boy is just a sperm donor, and that's sad.  I sure wouldn't want to be him.

6 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Hm. We've had other fundies come here and they seemed...unimpressed.

Gabe, the new husband of Brigid Boyer, was just visiting the Boyer Sisters thread.  He started out OK, but when asked to back up some of his assertions about homeschooling and CSD, he got arrogant and demanded to debate the issue according to rules that he would set forth.  He got some push back and took off.  No telling if he'll return.

I wouldn't say that the people we discuss here have low intelligence, but that they've been raised in a way that discourages intellectual curiosity. For me, that's the saddest thing about Fundamentalism. One of the eleventy Duggar children could have had it in them to cure cancer, if they'd been given the proper education and encouragement.

I would not be able to stay away from a forum about myself. But if the Duggars and their friends were writing treads about me, my friends and family I'm pretty sure I would just roll my eyes about is since I ”know” their believes are wrong and dangerous. Don't think I'd learn anything from it. And I'm sure it's the same for the Duggars. If they are here. Hi Jessa! 

I don't think that they would be able to stay away either. I know that being curious is discouraged and that my thinking is nowhere near that of the Duggarlings, but if I knew it existed; I'd totally look! ;)
Someone smug like Jessa probably thought that we would like her. That she would convert us. Not today Jess, not today!

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that they would be able to stay away either. I know that being curious is discouraged and that my thinking is nowhere near that of the Duggarlings, but if I knew it existed; I'd totally look! ;)
Someone smug like Jessa probably thought that we would like her. That she would convert us. Not today Jess, not today!

I do like her, but she still won't convert me. :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I wouldn't say that the people we discuss here have low intelligence, but that they've been raised in a way that discourages intellectual curiosity. For me, that's the saddest thing about Fundamentalism. One of the eleventy Duggar children could have had it in them to cure cancer, if they'd been given the proper education and encouragement.

I was unkind, they aren't all stupid...all you say is true, but other important parts of the equation are good nutrition, space of one's own and basic privacy, for heavens sake, not to mention access to actual education, and normal real-life relationships :my_confused: those kids are not getting these things, they are being raised by other children, for the most part, while their mother has produced one baby after another...I'm surprised Michelle can keep the kids' and grands' names straight, she is so out there these days

On 12/4/2016 at 11:08 AM, Four is Enough said:

Micky, Mike, Davy, Peter.. the Monkees!! (Peter is my favorite, still!)

The Beatles, of course, and Paul Revere and the Raiders...

Mike Nesmith, a Texan, was quiet and mysterious. I liked that. Always likes Paul Revere and the Raiders but I never was a fan of The Beatles, (GASP!). I don't generally tell people in public about that because they look like I said Satan is my boyfriend. SMH

46 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I do like her, but she still won't convert me. :pb_lol:

It'd take more than instagram posts and cute babies to convince me to start having a quiver! :P 

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

Gabe, the new husband of Brigid Boyer, was just visiting the Boyer Sisters thread.  He started out OK, but when asked to back up some of his assertions about homeschooling and CSD, he got arrogant and demanded to debate the issue according to rules that he would set forth.  He got some push back and took off.  No telling if he'll return.

I "love" the Boyer blog, so I've been keeping up with his shenanigans. I have no interest in debating with him though. For a fundie he seems...okay? But still too firmly entrenched in his ideas to really have a good conversation with. 

I didn't keep up with Cabinetman or Ken Alexander though. Gabe seems like he's more open to new ideas than they do. Or at least better read, maybe.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived