IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Exactly... Infertility issues are around 40% likely to be the dude, 40% likely to be the woman, and about 20% likely to be a combination. He could have low testosterone or other hormonal imbalances, a history of varicoceles or other issues we don't know about, thyroid issues, poor sperm count, motility or morphology...Lots of chances for infertility to be the guy's issue. Most people just generally assume it's about the woman's body, especially in their circles, I'm guessing.

It would be nice if they could test Brandon. I doubt it would be against IBLP rules if she could "help" him collect a sample since that's not masturbation. Or are they weird about spilling seed? 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read through the article @Mela99 posted. This stood out:

"We would have no 'geriatric' mothers, no black babies from white parents, no cloning or designer babies"

What do they mean by "black babies from white parents"? 

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I read through the article @Mela99 posted. This stood out:

"We would have no 'geriatric' mothers, no black babies from white parents, no cloning or designer babies"

What do they mean by "black babies from white parents"? 

I think they mean people who 'adopt' embryos or take donor embryos from other women. Some women can't use their own eggs. Though, I posted an article a few months ago about a fundie couple who looked at themselves as pro-life heroes for doing IVF with 'discarded' embryos from a black woman. 

And that designer baby crack really pisses me off in that article. The majority of people who do IVF are desperate people who want to be parents, not people who are looking for a blue eyed, blonde haired baby. That sort of genetic selection is a whole different issue.

23 hours ago, Mela99 said:

And that designer baby crack really pisses me off in that article. The majority of people who do IVF are desperate people who want to be parents, not people who are looking for a blue eyed, blonde haired baby. That sort of genetic selection is a whole different issue.

I don't know how they think IVF itself provides designer baby abilities. The only thing I can think of is that the doctor looks for the strongest, most normally formed and acting sperm to use if you need ICSI to go with IVF (when the doc injects the single sperm directly into the egg, rather than regular IVF where they just shoot some sperm into the petri dish with the egg and let it fertilize on it's own). We did IVF with ICSI and there is no choosing of anything! Got me some blonde haired blue eyed babies because I have blonde hair and blue eyes though.

On 1/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

We've been talking about Gothard's attitude to fertility treatment, but I think a much more topical question is health insurance for IBLP employees. Does THAT include fertility treatment? Does IBLP even offer insurance for their employees, or are they expected to join Scamaritan?

Brandon and Michael might not be able to afford fertility treatment, even if they want it.

That might depend on the state, only 15 states have laws regarding what insurance must cover for infertility.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/insurance-coverage-for-infertility-laws.aspx

On 12/31/2016 at 11:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have dealt with infertility and people ask crazy personal shit even when you aren't on tv. But if I were in her shoes, I would've deleted instagram a long time ago.

All she really needs to do is ignore the comments altogether. Real celebs seem to realize this, but these z-list reality  stars, most Duggars included, don't quite get it. I think Jill Dullard is the only one who doesn't comment or ban. I was banned by Whitney Bates, of all people while DEFENDING her right to wear jeans (I think I was rude to a leghumper who must have tagged Whitney)! Carlin Bates just made her IG public. Let's see how she rolls. 

I think the Keilen's Christmas post was because Jesus, not a coded hint. They don't strike me as people who tease; they're too earnest and serious for that kind of levity.

51 minutes ago, marmalade said:

All she really needs to do is ignore the comments altogether. Real celebs seem to realize this, but these z-list reality  stars, most Duggars included, don't quite get it. I think Jill Dullard is the only one who doesn't comment or ban. I was banned by Whitney Bates, of all people while DEFENDING her right to wear jeans (I think I was rude to a leghumper who must have tagged Whitney)! Carlin Bates just made her IG public. Let's see how she rolls. 

I think the Keilen's Christmas post was because Jesus, not a coded hint. They don't strike me as people who tease; they're too earnest and serious for that kind of levity.

I agree. If it really bothered her that much, she has other choices. 1) delete the account 2) make it private 3) do not answer any personal questions. 

So maybe she's ok with answering those very personal questions. Although she is quiet and rather shy, when she does talk, she has always been pretty straight forward.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. If it really bothered her that much, she has other choices. 1) delete the account 2) make it private 3) do not answer any personal questions. 

So maybe she's ok with answering those very personal questions. Although she is quiet and rather shy, when she does talk, she has always been pretty straight forward.

You can also turn off comments, which could be a good option in her case. 

I taped the new episode of Bringing Up Bates last night and just watched it.  In the previews of episodes to come, there is a clip of Michael talking and she says how she just thought when they were ready to start a family then you start a family but then complications happened.   (Or close to something like that.)    

I guess they will address what they are going through this season. 

5 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

You can also turn off comments, which could be a good option in her case. 

I know, but I feel like she thinks that God doesn't want her to turn off the comments because by spreading 'the word' to people she will increase her chances of having babies. It has to be torturous and can't be helping her stress level / fertility.

That post definitely looked like an announcement. Intentional or are they just clueless? I would expect the former from say, Jessa Duggar/Seewald, but not from Michaela. 

Either way, I'm torn on the topic at hand of them having children. I hate the idea of anyone wanting a baby and being unable to have one, BUT I also hate the idea of children being born to fundie parents who are going to indoctrinate and likely beat them. 

On 1/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, princessmahina said:

That post definitely looked like an announcement. Intentional or are they just clueless? I would expect the former from say, Jessa Duggar/Seewald, but not from Michaela. 

Either way, I'm torn on the topic at hand of them having children. I hate the idea of anyone wanting a baby and being unable to have one, BUT I also hate the idea of children being born to fundie parents who are going to indoctrinate and likely beat them. 

Honestly could have just been clueless. I actually did something similar to them with a christmas card. We are christian and my husband prefers christmas cards that are more religious so I saw one that could fit all the pictures I wanted on it and it had baby Jesus so okay good to go. I placed the order, picked them up, and thought all was well...until I started writing out the addresses and placing them in envelopes. I finally stopped and took a good long look and realized it looked like a pregnancy announcement...it had the whole "for unto us a son is born" verse on it. We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year so while part of me wanted to say screw it and just send them the bigger part of me didn't want to deal with the questions that I'm sure would come. So I tossed them in the trash- but again I came really close to mailing them out. She may not have realized what it looked like until she already posted and it was too late. 

13 hours ago, infooverload said:

Also didn't Erin and Chad use the same Bible quote? Could be just a standard go to Christmas quote for them.

It's straight from the verses in Isaiah 9:6-7.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

It's INCREDIBLY commonly used by Christians at Christmas b/c it's considered one of the key passages in the Old Testament books of prophecy foretelling the birth of the Messiah.

And it's also a key component of the incredibly well known and oft sung Handel's Messiah.

There is NO way B & M would ever consider using that as a pregnancy announcement.

And truthfully, I don't think there's a single person in their family or actual circle that would have even had that cross their mind as a way it'd be interpreted.

It's ABSOLUTELY widely used on Christmas cards, in Christmas services, etc.

And if it turns out she actually is pregnant now, there's still absolutely NO WAY they'd have intended anyone to read that into them using that passage of the Bible in their Christmas IG.

Aside from the New Testament passages recounting the birth of Christ, it's actually the next most common portion of Scripture to see used on anything Christmas related (nor is it even remotely something limited to fundie use at Christmas - it's widely expected and used throughout the spectrum of the Christian community)

On 1/5/2017 at 6:01 AM, twinmama said:

I don't know how they think IVF itself provides designer baby abilities. The only thing I can think of is that the doctor looks for the strongest, most normally formed and acting sperm to use if you need ICSI to go with IVF (when the doc injects the single sperm directly into the egg, rather than regular IVF where they just shoot some sperm into the petri dish with the egg and let it fertilize on it's own). We did IVF with ICSI and there is no choosing of anything! Got me some blonde haired blue eyed babies because I have blonde hair and blue eyes though.

That might depend on the state, only 15 states have laws regarding what insurance must cover for infertility.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/insurance-coverage-for-infertility-laws.aspx

That and when you do genetic testing on the already made embryos, it's not for hair color, it's for genetic issues that would make the pregnancy not work, you do get to find out boy or girl though :)

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

That and when you do genetic testing on the already made embryos, it's not for hair color, it's for genetic issues that would make the pregnancy not work, you do get to find out boy or girl though :)

Indeed, if you are doing genetic testing of your embryos chances are you have WAY bigger concerns than "I want a blonde haired baby!" 

They have gone sort of quiet on instagram, well I guess it's mostly Michael. Maybe she really did get sick of people asking. 

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

They have gone sort of quiet on instagram, well I guess it's mostly Michael. Maybe she really did get sick of people asking. 

I could totally understand that. I hope she is doing fine. It must be so terribly hard to raise your younger siblings for years and be the workhorse of the family and then not be able to have children on your own.

According to Lily and Ellie (and the Bringing Up Bates episode promo video) they'll be addressing their fertility issues in this week's episode. Hopefully it's done tastefully and not in such a way as to bring stress to Michaela, because yeah. Regardless of feelings about the Bateses as a whole, she doesn't deserve to be mocked or such on their show. And maybe it'll get people to stop asking her about it?

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-on-the-next-new-episode-of-bringing-up-bates/

4 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

According to Lily and Ellie (and the Bringing Up Bates episode promo video) they'll be addressing their fertility issues in this week's episode. Hopefully it's done tastefully and not in such a way as to bring stress to Michaela, because yeah. Regardless of feelings about the Bateses as a whole, she doesn't deserve to be mocked or such on their show. And maybe it'll get people to stop asking her about it?

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-on-the-next-new-episode-of-bringing-up-bates/

Well they likely won't say God is punishing them on the show, so that's a good thing. They're still quiet on instagram. I've been checking and they used to be pretty active. 

Both are still very young and they have not been married long. Just because she did not get pregnant ASAP still should not mean they are having fertility issues. Unless a Dr has confirmed this. Hope she isn't comparing her body to her mom or married sisters. But, that would be tough to do when both sisters were pregnant within a few months  of marriage.

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Both are still very young and they have not been married long. Just because she did not get pregnant ASAP still should not mean they are having fertility issues. Unless a Dr has confirmed this. Hope she isn't comparing her body to her mom or married sisters. But, that would be tough to do when both sisters were pregnant within a few months  of marriage.

we don't know if their issue is getting pregnant, or staying pregnant. either way there is an issue. they don't believe in birth control, so have been having unprotected sex since they married in september 2015. doctors say if you are doing that for 12 months with no pregnancy occuring, further investigations need to happen.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived