IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

On 6/25/2017 at 8:37 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Michael and the other Bates ladies are addicted to the koolaid. Anybody who thinks they are or will be good mothers is delusional.

You can't say this is true. You don't know the future.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26-6-2017 at 3:37 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Michael and the other Bates ladies are addicted to the koolaid. Anybody who thinks they are or will be good mothers is delusional. Also, I get the vibe that Brandon probably doesn't want a big family.

Some fundies prove you wrong. See Jessa Seewald, a pretty selfish teenager who drank a lot of koolaid, but is a great mother by all the things we have seen. Jill was the quiet, obeying one and she's not a great mom. Maybe those whose have strenger personalities do better at parenting. Wouldn't be surprising. 

I'm torn between feeling bad because infertility is awful if all you've wanted is children and being thankful that it's one less kid being raised in their cult. 

Looking at Michaela though, I do see someone who wants children for more than just because Jesus says so. You can say what you want about her, but she obviously deeply adores children and taking care of children, and loves her nieces and nephews and wants her own. I don't think the source of her grief is totally a "religious failure". but a personal one. I also think she is one that would find joy in each child and not just pop a squat for birth and pass it on as per MEMEMEME-chelle Duggar.

I can't say for sure that I wouldn't feel differently if infertility wasn't the issue. Our near three years of infertility and atttempt to conceive have indelibly marked myself and DH for life. I would give anything to not go through it, and I can't think of a single being I would willingly wish this pain on.

As someone who suffered from primary infertility, my heart breaks for her. It's a horrible thing to want desperately to be a parent and be unable to. It's like having your heart cut into a thousand pieces by razor blades on a monthly basis. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. 

16 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Some fundies prove you wrong. See Jessa Seewald, a pretty selfish teenager who drank a lot of koolaid, but is a great mother by all the things we have seen. Jill was the quiet, obeying one and she's not a great mom. Maybe those whose have strenger personalities do better at parenting. Wouldn't be surprising. 

I honestly don't think it's entirely fair to compare Jill and Jessa as mothers. They are raising very different children under vastly different circumstances. If Jessa wants or needs help she can simply run up the road to TTH**. Jill can't do that when she's in SCA - parenting is all on her. Not only that, but Jessa's eldest child has often been described by his family as being relatively relaxed and laidback (while still exhibiting completely normal toddler behaviors) - Jill's eldest has been described as being much more strong willed (while also exhibiting completely normal behaviors for his age.)

Jill is absolutely partially responsible for the fact that she has a tougher life. I'm not absolving her of her choices, just pointing out how those choices may be playing a role in how she appears as a mother. 

*Theres absolutely nothing wrong with having family help. I'm just pointing out that Jessa has access to help that Jill normally doesn't have access to. For someone used to being around family to be so far away from their support system and raising a very spirited kid... that can be tough, no matter who you are.

I'm torn between feeling bad because infertility is awful if all you've wanted is children and being thankful that it's one less kid being raised in their cult. 

I'm not torn at all. I'm thankful that it's one less child born into an evil abusive cult. The well-being of children trumps everything else.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived