IGNORED

Breibart Boycott

RoseWilder

Mmmm, waffles...

(I'll have to pick some up when I go grocery shopping on Wednesday.)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Mmmm, waffles...

I have quite a few syrups already so this deal came at a great time. I love me some waffles, lol.

On 12/5/2016 at 4:12 PM, smittykins said:

Mmmm, waffles...

Eggo Mini Waffles were 2 for $5 at my local supermarket.

(However, since I'm on the ebil SNAP, does it actually count?)

The list of advertisers has been updated. 227 companies have pulled their ads: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i9o8CR_kjJ6mBd44k6CRZEhlXuZqq-XCCOoj-e8RJ7Q/edit?usp=sharing

And the founder of the Sleeping Giants campaign said he's hoping to expand it to other hate sites at some point!

ETA: Also, this tweet is perfection: 

Can anyone guess the reaction someone would get while wearing a face shield and carrying an NRA duffel bag??

23 hours ago, JMarie said:

Can anyone guess the reaction someone would get while wearing a face shield and carrying an NRA duffel bag??

Well considering how freaked out I was when for a couple months every morning we had a creeper dude dressed head to toe all in camo (and a full face mask like this) literally circling the store without setting foot on the property, sometimes sitting down just outside the boundary, I would call the cops. I'm sorry, if they can get scared and call the cops on a black man dressed in a certain way walking down the street, if I see anybody dressed this way AND carrying an NRA bag I WILL be alarmed.

I have a hard time believing they have a readership of 45 million

I can't believe 45 m either but my coworker gets her news exclusively from them and Fox. It burns. She won't even accept an opposite point of view just to consider.

If there are any other Canadians out there, you will be dismayed to know that Kellie Leitch promo ads are on Breitbart  (she's running for leadership of our Conservative Party and basing her platform on screening immigrants for "Canadian Values" and getting rid of "elites" - while being one, of course).

22 hours ago, tropaka said:

If there are any other Canadians out there, you will be dismayed to know that Kellie Leitch promo ads are on Breitbart  (she's running for leadership of our Conservative Party and basing her platform on screening immigrants for "Canadian Values" and getting rid of "elites" - while being one, of course).

Canadian values?  Lemme guess, those are just like those 'Murican values.  The ones that say it's perfectly OK to be a Branch Trumpvidian and all around racist fuckstick.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Canadian values?  Lemme guess, those are just like those 'Murican values.  The ones that say it's perfectly OK to be a Branch Trumpvidian and all around racist fuckstick.

yup, mostly playing to the Islamophobic crowd.

On 12/12/2016 at 9:15 AM, FundieFarmer said:

I can't believe 45 m either but my coworker gets her news exclusively from them and Fox. It burns. She won't even accept an opposite point of view just to consider.

I know a lot of people that feel they can't trust any media, so they spend a lot of time reading through multiple outlets, including Breitbart. I can stomach that. Not trying to understand any other point of view other than Breitbart and Fox is a good way to be narrow minded. I would say the same thing to someone limiting their source to HuffPo.

https://www.change.org/p/shopify-stop-doing-business-with-racist-sexist-islamaphobic-anti-semitic-breitbart

Breitbart, the largest website for “alt-right” sexism, racism, hate speech, and white nationalism, funds itself with merchandise sold on Shopify.

Breitbart has already been banned by major service providers for hate speech policy violations, but Shopify is continuing to do business with them.

Dozens of companies, including large corporations like Kelloggs, BMW, and Allstate and many others like Welch’s, Warby Parker, and AARP, have recently announced that they have blocked their ads from appearing on Breitbart in their AdWords / Doubleclick accounts (here's how to let companies know) because the content on the site is so unacceptable. Hundreds of other companies have also removed their ads from Breitbart without public comment: just a few weeks ago ads from companies like Nike, Hyundai, Adidas, and Urban Outfitters appeared frequently and now they have completely disappeared.  Many of these companies have privately notified their employees that they are permanently discontinuing their ads on Breitbart.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm happy for the 522 + companies pulling their advertising. I'm glad to throw them my support,  I wonder though why they are dropping Breibart now.  It was hardly a secret who they were and the views they spew forth.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm happy for the 522 + companies pulling their advertising. I'm glad to throw them my support,  I wonder though why they are dropping Breibart now.  It was hardly a secret who they were and the views they spew forth.

From my understanding, these companies use a go between company to advertise on the internet. They possibly were not even aware they were advertising on Breibert. Just look at the ads that appear on Free Jinger. Many of the companies that we see advertisements on here are wasting their money.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

A lot of companies didn't know their ads were on Breitbart. Companies don't buy ad space directly from websites like Breitbart, they buy them from a third party ad company (there are currently 5 companies that provide this service) and the ad company then places the ads. 

16 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

A lot of companies didn't know their ads were on Breitbart. Companies don't buy ad space directly from websites like Breitbart, they buy them from a third party ad company (there are currently 5 companies that provide this service) and the ad company then places the ads. 

Ah I did not know that.  Thanks for the explanation  Now I feel like eating even MORE corn flakes knowing Kellogg didn't set out to align themselves with Breitbart   

They are up to 571. I was doing a quick scroll through the list and these two caught my eye - Crown College and Bill O'Riley Media. 

2 hours ago, Tesseract said:

They are up to 571. I was doing a quick scroll through the list and these two caught my eye - Crown College and Bill O'Riley Media. 

If it is http://www.oreilly.com/ they are a tech publishing company.  I've read some of their books back when I was writing code for a living.  As for Crown "College"  I got nothing.

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Ah I did not know that.  Thanks for the explanation  Now I feel like eating even MORE corn flakes knowing Kellogg didn't set out to align themselves with Breitbart   

You're welcome!

A lot of people involved in this Breitbart boycott have started buying Kellogg's products and are donating them to food banks. Apparently, the food banks are very happy about this because they normally only get stale, out of date cereal. 

Archived