samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

Haha sometimes I think I should have thought more carefully before choosing my user name!

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Karma said:

Haha sometimes I think I should have thought more carefully before choosing my user name!

Your user name is good for lots of word play! Mine is mostly good for running off the screen. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Karma said:

Peace & love, peace & love.  ;) 

Wouldn't it be great if the divorce rumors surrounding Josh and Anna were true? I don't mean that in a schaudenfraud-y sort of way, except where Jim Boob is concerned, forcing his kids to adhere to a courtship model on the grounds that it results in a more Godly marriage when he and Mooshelle didn't even adhere to one...

I mean, it really would be great if Anna could leave that asshole Josh in the dust forever, and find a GOOD man to marry. Too bad the dicorce rumors are probably all made up. :my_sad:

1 hour ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Wouldn't it be great if the divorce rumors surrounding Josh and Anna were true? I don't mean that in a schaudenfraud-y sort of way, except where Jim Boob is concerned, forcing his kids to adhere to a courtship model on the grounds that it results in a more Godly marriage when he and Mooshelle didn't even adhere to one...

I mean, it really would be great if Anna could leave that asshole Josh in the dust forever, and find a GOOD man to marry. Too bad the dicorce rumors are probably all made up. :my_sad:

I honestly don't think they're true. If Anna is still living on the Duggar compound, there is no way it would even be a thought in her mind. 

Do anyone think that the rumors are leaked by Anna or one of her siblings to negotiate some power in the household?  She has to answer to Josh who is a pervert, and JimBob who is a jerk, who made Josh the creep that he is.  

Lets face it, the Duggars need Anna to stay around for a variety of reasons.   First, she is needed as part of Josh's redemption story.   Second, if Josh winds up in the news again, they have Anna to blame for his failings.  

4 minutes ago, Bim said:

My dream is that Anna leaves the Duggar Compound and the whole quiverfull movement and writes a big tell all book.

As much as I would love for Anna to write a book. I don't think that will happen. I think deep down she respects her in-laws and dose not want to hurt them. 

Just now, Jana814 said:

As much as I would love for Anna to write a book. I don't think that will happen. I think deep down she respects her in-laws and dose not want to hurt them. 

Oh definitely, I don't think she would ever leave. But if she ever did that would be the best way to make some goooooood money to support her 4 kids. 

We need to remember Anna is by all evidence a loving  and devoted mother. As such she will  never write or participate in writing an embarrassing or scandalous tell all about her Children's grandparents or purposely do anything that will alienate the children from them. 

I hope one day Anna is brave enough to leave the situation. I don't see it happening, even though she'd get support from certain siblings. I think she could survive, but I'm not sure she would believe that. Her kids are her number 1 priority and that I can't fault her on.

I sometimes wonder if in her world things are just going on as normal. They all still get together and function as a family. They have parties and attend other peoples functions and people still welcome Josh in their circle, it is just us evil outside heathens that don't understand him. blech. I'm thinking in those moments it is as it was before. These people have made a lifetime of being ignorant of what is really going on around them and pretending life is wonderful. I am just thinking that in family situations and situations with their friends Josh is treated as he always has been. And she is probably pressured into seeing it that way and screw her feelings.

1 hour ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I sometimes wonder if in her world things are just going on as normal. They all still get together and function as a family. They have parties and attend other peoples functions and people still welcome Josh in their circle, it is just us evil outside heathens that don't understand him. blech. I'm thinking in those moments it is as it was before. These people have made a lifetime of being ignorant of what is really going on around them and pretending life is wonderful. I am just thinking that in family situations and situations with their friends Josh is treated as he always has been. And she is probably pressured into seeing it that way and screw her feelings.

I think in their circle Josh was considered some kind of G-d. He could do no wrong. I think deep down Anna does really love Josh and cares deeply about him and wants to make their family and marriage work.  

50 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I think in their circle Josh was considered some kind of G-d. He could do no wrong. I think deep down Anna does really love Josh and cares deeply about him and wants to make their family and marriage work.  

I agree.

Since we are on the outside looking in and only seeing what they want us to see we don't see how their family operate normally and I am sure Josh is treated just as he was be fore and they function as one big swell family.  For us on the outside it is hard to swallow this level of betrayal and his atrocious actions,

@PumaLover Here's the Anna thread. I also wish she'd leave Josh but I doubt that day will ever come. Divorce is strictly against the Duggar's brand of religion. 

@PumaLover Here's the Anna thread. I also wish she'd leave Josh but I doubt that day will ever come. Divorce is strictly against the Duggar's brand of religion. 

Thank you!! :D

On 2/23/2017 at 4:16 AM, Jana814 said:

Or at least loves who she thinks he is. 

6 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Or at least loves who she thinks he is. 

Exactly I'm sure she thinks if she just prays Josh will go back to the way he use to be.  Sorry to say but I don't think that will happen. 

I remember when Josh was doing time in Jesus Jail, Anna was interviewed saying she wished things could be as before.  I could see the pain in her face, she struck me as truly struggling.  I think the only reason why she has remained with him is because she truly loves him but I gotta wonder what kind of mental gymnastics is she doing to herself in order to do so.  Is she holding out hope that he will go back to the way he used to be (or rather more what she thought he was) or has she actually found a new normal one that takes into account the Joshgates.  It's possible to continue on with a marriage after such sordid discoveries (Anna wouldn't be the first one) but given Anna's background and belief system, I wonder if she can do continue in any way that doesn't massive amounts of denial and is not healthy for her.

Anna has 4 kids and no way to support them. I'm sure their are organizations and people out their who will be willing to help her if she would just ask. But I don't think she will. 

Before Joshgates1 & 2,  Josh was very much the heir apparent/crown prince of the Duggar fiefdom. They were living in DC in a nice house with Josh pulling in a 6 figure salary as a spokesperson for that conservative organization he worked for. Pretty heady stuff for a couple w/ SOTDRT educations. Anna at one point spoke of her pain at learning of Josh's betrayal because they were supposed to be 'an example' to young Christian married couples. 

I think they have lost that leadership position in both the fiefdom of Duggar and the kingdom of fundy & are unlikely to ever regain it. Their place in the Duggar & fundy hierarchy has fallen from the top of the pyramid to the bottom of the barrel. That probably sucks for them & by extension for the M kids. 

John David spoke of having to step up and take on the big brother role after Joshgate2. My guess is that while Josh and Anna are not ostracized in Duggardom or fundydom they are nevertheless marginalized, tolerated but not sought out. Anna may in time become a resource for other fundy wives w/ cheating husbands, but I doubt that Josh will ever regain his fundy status, unless he's financially successful like JB, in which case, beaucoup bucks will whitewash all his sins.

I am surprised there has been no announcement that Anna is expecting the next M kid.

29 minutes ago, sndral said:

Before Joshgates1 & 2,  Josh was very much the heir apparent/crown prince of the Duggar fiefdom. They were living in DC in a nice house with Josh pulling in a 6 figure salary as a spokesperson for that conservative organization he worked for. Pretty heady stuff for a couple w/ SOTDRT educations. Anna at one point spoke of her pain at learning of Josh's betrayal because they were supposed to be 'an example' to young Christian married couples. 

I think they have lost that leadership position in both the fiefdom of Duggar and the kingdom of fundy & are unlikely to ever regain it. Their place in the Duggar & fundy hierarchy has fallen from the top of the pyramid to the bottom of the barrel. That probably sucks for them & by extension for the M kids. 

John David spoke of having to step up and take on the big brother role after Joshgate2. My guess is that while Josh and Anna are not ostracized in Duggardom or fundydom they are nevertheless marginalized, tolerated but not sought out. Anna may in time become a resource for other fundy wives w/ cheating husbands, but I doubt that Josh will ever regain his fundy status, unless he's financially successful like JB, in which case, beaucoup bucks will whitewash all his sins.

I am surprised there has been no announcement that Anna is expecting the next M kid.

I think based on her spacing that she should get knocked up this month.

35 minutes ago, sndral said:

All of these are very good points, though I kinda suspect that JD had taken up that mantle long before Joshgate. Even in the earlier episodes (like 17/18 KAC), JD and Joseph seemed way more involved with the Lost Boys than Josh was. It also came across that neither one of them (along with Josiah) were all that fond of Josh. At the time, I chalked it up to the blatant and obvious favoritism that Michelle and JB heaped upon him, but now it appears that there was a lot more to it than that. Even in a cult of keeping sweet, it sucks to see your assholey, molestey older brother get special treatment. 

It's likely that Anna is pregnant (or will be soon), but they're not announcing publicly because it would cause an uproar. We haven't seen pictures of her in a while (since Jinger's wedding?), and Counting On has a significant lag time. I think they'll quietly say something when M5 is born. 

I honestly don't think that Josh cared very much about his younger brothers.  I'm sure he had very little to do with them mostly because the girls did most of the work so he got out of it because he was a male. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived