IGNORED

Moroccan TV Airs Beauty Tutorial On How To Hide Domestic Violence Bruises

doggie

this is so screwed up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/moroccan-tv-2m-domestic-violence_us_583c52f9e4b000af95eef112

Moroccan state TV is under fire after airing a beauty tutorial showing women how to hide bruises caused by domestic violence.

“Sabahiyat,” a show that airs on the state’s Channel 2M, aired a segment on Nov. 23 featuring a makeup artist showing how to cover up bruises from domestic abuse in an effort to share “beauty tips [that] will help you carry on with your daily life,” the Guardian reported.  

“After the beating, this part is still sensitive, so don’t press,” the host said in Arabic while applying the camouflaging cosmetics, according to the Washington Post. “Use foundation with yellow in it. If you use the white one, your red punch marks will always show.”

Why is this even a thing? Jeezo, bad enough that there's a shitty record world over for stopping domestic violence. It's like, who had the great idea of "you know what guys, let's teach women to hide the bruises because that will help."

I can't even.

2 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

Why is this even a thing? Jeezo, bad enough that there's a shitty record world over for stopping domestic violence. It's like, who had the great idea of "you know what guys, let's teach women to hide the bruises because that will help."

I can't even.

I know right? 

Archived