IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Hide contents

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 5.51.35 PM.png

You know, I often have the same problem as Jeremy when it comes to button down shirts. #wellendowedladiesproblems

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've worn a buttoned shirt in close to a decade #wellendowedladiesproblems (too good of a tag, not to repeat) :)

FJers- I have been looking all over for a registry.  Did they decide they had enough possessions without a registry?  Did the sisters out- in- space registry scare  Jinger out of one?  Will they have one when they return from their honeymoon?  Did they hope people would give them cash to spend on the honeymoon or to furnish their "love nest" ?  I want to know!!!  I have nothing to do but spend time searching.  I lead a very dull and boring life.

3 hours ago, Arix said:

It's quite probable that they stuck around stateside a few days, to get some privacy and vote for a certain oompa loompa.

I missed the vote part and thought oompa loompa was a really horrible euphemism for sex. Welp, I'll be having creepy nightmares tonight.

23 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

FJers- I have been looking all over for a registry.  Did they decide they had enough possessions without a registry?  Did the sisters out- in- space registry scare  Jinger out of one?  Will they have one when they return from their honeymoon?  Did they hope people would give them cash to spend on the honeymoon or to furnish their "love nest" ?  I want to know!!!  I have nothing to do but spend time searching.  I lead a very dull and boring life.

I think I read some where or it probably was in one of the episode that they had a bridal shower for Jinger and she requested a few items for her move because Jeremy only had Chick a fil forks. I can't imagine posting a registry with 1,000 guest and your husband's apartment is only so big. Keep in mind they were headed to their honeymoon and to be concern about hauling that stuff to Texas.

Here it is: http://people.com/celebrity/jeremy-vuolo-only-had-three-kitchen-untensils-before-marrying-jinger-duggar/

When I did our wedding registry I remember it was possible to do private registries depending on the company. It is possible they have a private registry and you can only have access with a password they put on the invitation. So if you can get your hands on an invitation that will help with the clue. 

44 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I missed the vote part and thought oompa loompa was a really horrible euphemism for sex. Welp, I'll be having creepy nightmares tonight.

No talk of Oompa Loompa sex, overgrown ones elected one or otherwise. I do not want to think about where Oompa Loompas come from.

9 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:
No talk of Oompa Loompa sex, overgrown ones elected one or otherwise. I do not want to think about where Oompa Loompas come from.

They hatch from an egg duh!!!

5 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 5.51.35 PM.png

Hahaha, lucky for that girl standing next to Jinger that they wouldn't have known that she's likely a Catholic (she's wearing the uniform of a Catholic girls' school).

2 hours ago, HwickAlum said:

Apparently they're not going to NZ because of the earthquakes

It wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

While most areas are reasonably unaffected, they may have planned to drive to various places which are no longer accessible.  (Super unlikely, but not impossible). I can completely understand people who are not familiar with New Zealand being hesitant about visiting after hearing of these earthquakes.  The distance between Auckland and Christchurch is about 1200km (745 or so miles). This is about the distance from New York to Atlanta 

Back in 2011 (the big earthquake in Christchurch), there was sizeable readings in the weeks and months before and after that specific quake. It's sincerely possible "the big one" hasn't hit yet, and they'd rather stay somewhere where they feel safe. Hell, every time I hear there's another earthquake I become like Jill and the shower rod! You just can't prepare for it in any way.

7 hours ago, sunshine said:

I think I read some where or it probably was in one of the episode that they had a bridal shower for Jinger and she requested a few items for her move because Jeremy only had Chick a fil forks. I can't imagine posting a registry with 1,000 guest and your husband's apartment is only so big. Keep in mind they were headed to their honeymoon and to be concern about hauling that stuff to Texas.

Here it is: http://people.com/celebrity/jeremy-vuolo-only-had-three-kitchen-untensils-before-marrying-jinger-duggar/

OK, this bugs the shit out of me. I don't get why people act like it's cute when someone, especially a man, is perfectly capable of buying a couple of utensils and a basic cookbook (or just Google simple recipes), but instead is so lazy that all they do is eat fast food/Seamless/GrubHub. Cooking is NOT women's work, and Jeremy is either making up a "cutesy" story or such a lazy bum that he didn't bother to feed himself properly until he could snag himself a J'Slave to feed him and his manchild tendencies.

You don't need to be Gordon Ramsay or anything, and it's fine to eat out or get takeout every so often (lord knows I do that), but cooking is a basic life skill. The fact that 28-year-old, perfectly able-bodied/neurotypical Jeremy apparently couldn't even be bothered to learn to operate a blender or buy a whisk and a pan to make scrambled eggs says a lot about his work ethic. Which I guess makes him a perfect fit for the Duggars.

I call bullshit on that one. Jeremy has been a professional athlete, and from the looks of him he keeps himself fit. A large part of being an athlete is eating right. That he can't be bothered to cook/doesn't own basic utensils seems counterproductive in that regard. 

But, on second thought it would mean no big adjustments for Jinger, being used to paper plates and all that. 

That said, one of my favourite hobbies is looking for pretty cutlery (and pretty things in general), so maybe she can have some fun doing that. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

OK, this bugs the shit out of me. I don't get why people act like it's cute when someone, especially a man, is perfectly capable of buying a couple of utensils and a basic cookbook (or just Google simple recipes), but instead is so lazy that all they do is eat fast food/Seamless/GrubHub. Cooking is NOT women's work, and Jeremy is either making up a "cutesy" story or such a lazy bum that he didn't bother to feed himself properly until he could snag himself a J'Slave to feed him and his manchild tendencies.

You don't need to be Gordon Ramsay or anything, and it's fine to eat out or get takeout every so often (lord knows I do that), but cooking is a basic life skill. The fact that 28-year-old, perfectly able-bodied/neurotypical Jeremy apparently couldn't even be bothered to learn to operate a blender or buy a whisk and a pan to make scrambled eggs says a lot about his work ethic. Which I guess makes him a perfect fit for the Duggars.

Not to defend Jeremy but cooking for one isn't easy, I love to cook, but when I was on my own and now on the rare occasion when it is just me I find it hard or wasteful to cook something for just myself.  Most foods aren't packaged for single servings.  There are lots of frozen meals or soup & sandwich. Also with only 1 person how much silverware do you need? Lets face it he isn't hosting dinner parties so 4 forks 4 spoons 4 knives 4 plates 4 bowls 4 cups is really all he needs. I know I didn't buy a lot of this stuff until I had kids. 

55 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I call bullshit on that one. Jeremy has been a professional athlete, and from the looks of him he keeps himself fit. A large part of being an athlete is eating right. That he can't be bothered to cook/doesn't own basic utensils seems counterproductive in that regard. 

Same! I think that statement was a hackneyed joke about how men are helpless in the kitchen and need women to care for them. 

I've known a lot of guys who are Jeremy's age that don't take care of themselves food-wise due to laziness/willful ignorance, and it shows. A diet of ramen noodles,frozen pizza, and fast food has a way of altering one's body composition and complexion, even if you work out a lot. All of my fitness buff friends have a saying: you can't outrun (outlift, outworkout) a poor diet. Not only is there a calorie density issue, convenience foods don't have the protein/fat balance you would need to look like guys like Jeremy. 

Now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he  only owns one set of cutlery and was living primarily on an un-varied diet of eggs, broccoli, chicken breast, and protein shakes...but that's way healthier than what Jinger's accustomed to.

12 hours ago, Cassia said:

Like Jessa and Ben, they seem to be at a cooking lesson. Unlike Jessa, at least Jinger has the good sense to tie her hair back while in a professional kitchen.

Maybe having Grandma Voulu pull her loose hair back over her shoulders while mixing meat was a bit of a lightbulb moment for Jinger.

jessaben.jpeg

This has to be used for a caption competition:

"Those red things are called tomatoes.......... say it with me, TO-MA-TOES"

I'm not saying that Jeremy story is true, but I remember when I moved in with MrCoveredInBees the entire contents of his kitchen were as follows:

1 Chicken and mushroom pot noodle

1 Tub of salt

Half a loaf of bread

1 Mahoosive tub of out of date margarine (because it was cheaper to buy than the smaller tubs) that was never kept in the fridge because then it wouldn't spread properly.

Needless to say the margarine was binned. In his defence, his workplace offered a subsidised canteen so he would have his main meals at work and just have a snacky tea at home.

30 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

<snip>

Now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he  only owns one set of cutlery and was living primarily on an un-varied diet of eggs, broccoli, chicken breast, and protein shakes...but that's way healthier than what Jinger's accustomed to.

I was thinking the same thing. He probably art a high protein low fat diet at home and didn't really about what he ate on or with.  I know a lot of single people the same way. They eat a fairly un-varied diet at home and eat their cheat days out. Plus he was a single pastor who was probably invited to dinner by his congregation often.  We had a single pastor once and he finally had to tell the older women in the church that he could cook for himself and didn't need to be fed. He was built a lot like Jeremy and didn't eat like they cooked.  Fried chicken will do a number on you when you are used to grilled chicken  

I don't think lack of cutlery or a fully stocked kitchen is indicative of a lazy person.  I'm female, have several higer education degrees and  hobbies but my kitchen looks like a "bachelor kitchen". When you cook for yourself you eat what you like, you don't need lots of stuff it will only go to waste or never be used.  To some, having a stocked kitchen isn't a big deal.  I'm capable of cooking but having a Martha Stewart kitchen is not a priority.  I can get the job done with a few pans and utensils.

"I broke the ninja blender because I didn't know how to use it"  "I find things in my kitchen and I have to call her to ask her what it is" Oh please!! 

14 minutes ago, 19BabyGerkins said:

"I broke the ninja blender because I didn't know how to use it"  "I find things in my kitchen and I have to call her to ask her what it is" Oh please!! 

If he didn't know how the use the Ninja,  then why in the hell didn't he read the fucking directions?

13 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

If he didn't know how the use the Ninja,  then why in the hell didn't he read the fucking directions?

Right?? :eyeroll:

1 hour ago, faraway said:

It's like they take pride in being stupid.

To be fair i was raised Fundie Lite, and i think some of that is trained so the other partner feels important/needed. I know some of my female friends were taught to never be able to get a jar open if her husband was home and not busy, so she could "need" him to open in. Yup true story!! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived