IGNORED

Florence Henderson Died

MarblesMom

Sad news. She seemed like, dare I say it, a lovely lady. 

Yes - very sad.  The Brady Bunch seems so cookie-cutter and corney now but it was quite revolutionary for it's time with a divorcee in a leading role.  Florence Henderson was probably quite brave for taking the role.  Most fundies would still probably think Mrs Brady was a terrible role model.  

According to Barry Williams's book Growing Up Brady, Florence had a bawdy sense of humor.  They once did a promotional photo of the cast holding humongous lollipops, and Barry made a crack about "That would take a long time to lick"(paraphrasing), and she replied "Not for me, it wouldn't."

RIP, Mrs. Brady. :PLEURE:

Ok, 2016, you can stop now.  I for one cannot wait until 2016 is over.  First we have Agent Orange getting elected and now Mrs. Brady passing away.

Loved the Brady Bunch while growing up.

Hated to see she passed away.

Thanks for the memories, Florence.

16 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Yes - very sad.  The Brady Bunch seems so cookie-cutter and corney now but it was quite revolutionary for it's time with a divorcee in a leading role.  Florence Henderson was probably quite brave for taking the role.  Most fundies would still probably think Mrs Brady was a terrible role model.  

I think the reason why The Brady Bunch persists to this day is because, corny as it is, it deast with issues that kids can recognize like feeling jealous of an older sibling, feeling resentful at having a large family, wanting your own room, wanting to stand out as an individual, feeling self-conscious about your appearance, etc. There was more real emotion in a 22-minute Brady Bunch episode than the entire 19KAC series, with its fake "keep sweet smiles" and molestation cover-ups. Florence Henderson lived an interesting life and had a "good," peaceful death. RIP Mrs. Brady.

Archived