IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

1 hour ago, SHERA said:

I think I saw somewhere else that it might be possible Jill has secondary infertility that is why they are staying extra long in the US for her to get tested.

I sometimes wonder about that secondary infertility thing. Maybe they just don't get pregnant. There must be no reason/ condition at all. Getting pregnant is not a "right" in terms of you want it you get it. A lot of women suffer from not getting pregnant without reason. Another theory could be simply stress. She clearly is stressed about something (see her strong reaction to the shower rack incident) and I am sure she is under pressure to get pregnant again. This alone can sometimes hold your body back.

Back to Joy and Austin: put me in the group they are already engaged or both set of parents have reason to believe they will be soon.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28.11.2016 at 7:47 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

It just dawned on me that Joy's husband is older than Ben. :pb_lol:

This must suck so much for Jessa. There is a reason that, in patriarchal societies, women usually marry men who are a few years older. They have accumulated more resources, are more mature and experienced and the woman doesn't have to grow up with him because he already is a grown-up. Oh Jessa, you got the short end of the stick.

Rule number 1 for women who live in extremely patriarchal societies: find a husband that has a lot of resources or at least a man who has a very high potential of doing so in the NEAR future. In any other scenario you are basically f*ck*d because you can't do anything as a woman.

12 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

This must suck so much for Jessa. There is a reason that, in patriarchal societies, women usually marry men who are a few years older. They have accumulated more resources, are more mature and experienced and the woman doesn't have to grow up with him because he already is a grown-up. Oh Jessa, you got the short end of the stick.

Rule number 1 for women who live in extremely patriarchal societies: find a husband that has a lot of resources or at least a man who has a very high potential of doing so in the NEAR future. In any other scenario you are basically f*ck*d because you can't do anything as a woman.

THIS. Poor Jessa.. although I can see Jessa Blessa giving Bin a good kick in the butt to finally start working and be productive. I don't really know if JimBooob is interest in an independet SIL.

20 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

*Boyfriend. Please, let's not marry her off yet. My heart isn't ready.

I find preparing for the worst is easiest for me. lol

42 minutes ago, ophelia said:

THIS. Poor Jessa.. although I can see Jessa Blessa giving Bin a good kick in the butt to finally start working and be productive. I don't really know if JimBooob is interest in an independet SIL.

he is not that is why he said what he said when he asked JB to propose 

something to the effect - two is better than one ministry thing and that is why JB agreed that Ben could ask Jessa 

these people thinking preaching is the be all and end all - and he actually thought Ben could be a ministry - meanwhile Ben has failed at his you tube ministry and all the other stuff he did for "tv" 

I wonder how Ben feels with all the stuff he has tried and failed - does he see it as a success or failure 

maybe if Jessa is really bringing in a million through ads - he doesn't care and just goes about his life 

if it makes everyone with pregnancy brain feel better, I am not and have never been pregnant, but have paid for gas and driven away without actually putting it in my tank :embarrassed:

2 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

if it makes everyone with pregnancy brain feel better, I am not and have never been pregnant, but have paid for gas and driven away without actually putting it in my tank :embarrassed:

i can top that - i put my bank card in the machine - punched in numbers for 200 dollars and left it in the slot and left - not realizing until like 6 hours later and actually went back to the bank machine at safeway and asked to talk to the manager and yes he just stared at me because i didn't have a receipt 

:D

In times where illegitimate births were frowned upon it must have been very tempting to hand over your out-of-wedlock kid to your married sister / aunt / niece / mother / neighbour and ask them to pass it off as their own in exchange for money, especially if they have already had a multiple birth and therefore a reputation for popping out lots of kids at once, and there you go, another "multiple" birth with several healthy, full term kids to show for it. That gives you some time to get married yourself, at which point you can always get the kid back "to help you with the new babies". That Russian woman with the 60 kids must've had quite the reputation in her area.

12 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Bleaching first does make the color "pop" more, just don't keep it on longer to where you are uncomfortable. Shameless plug for a company I don't work for, I've always used "Splat" which has both the bleach and color in one box available at your neighborhood Walgreens. An extreme choice of colors that actually last as long as regular hair colors.:)

I will let him know - thanks!  :my_smile:

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Yes indeed. Never been pregnant but have put the cereal in the fridge, and the milk in the pantry. 

16 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Yes indeed. Never been pregnant but have put the cereal in the fridge, and the milk in the pantry. 

My best and favorite one was when I was around eight or nine -- came home after school, sat down for a snack.  On the table in front of me was the cookie jar and a plate for the cookies, and the milk carton and a glass for the milk. I opened the milk carton and absentmindedly proceeded to pour it into the cookie jar...  Still makes me giggle thinking about it...

These two are already engaged or Austin already asked JB for her hand otherwise the parents wouldn't have put Joy Anna on a family cover picture on their business website.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

These two are already engaged or Austin already asked JB for her hand otherwise the parents wouldn't have put Joy Anna on a family cover picture on their business website.

Yup. I read an article that Michelle and Joy were out shopping and suggested it was to take over Jinger role. Yeah, no they are preparing her for marriage like they did Jessa who hide in the background.

Nothing against Austin personally, but I hope Joy breaks the fuck out of his heart. Neither of these poor kids has even lived yet. Let them grow up before forcing them to be "grownups."

I think the Duggars having been burned once already, are only going to announce solid relationships.

My speculation bus is firmly headed down the " already engaged" lane.

Joy's photo on Austin's family's website is also a nice clue, IMO.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

My speculation bus is firmly headed down the " already engaged" lane.

I think that  too - all the "we're on the FAST track", from Jinger makes lots more sense if Joy was on the slow track at the same time (am I right in thinking Jill did the faster track, while Jessa had started courting first but was on the slower one, presumably cos she was younger?)

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

I think that  too - all the "we're on the FAST track", from Jinger makes lots more sense if Joy was on the slow track at the same time (am I right in thinking Jill did the faster track, while Jessa had started courting first but was on the slower one, presumably cos she was younger?)

Jessa said it was due to money. So, hopefully Austin job is NOT lucrative. (I am not ready for Joy to marry.)

26 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Jessa said it was due to money. So, hopefully Austin job is NOT lucrative. (I am not ready for Joy to marry.)

I don't think we'll have much to worry about, as far as a lucrative job. I'm guessing Austin is being groomed to take over the family camp, and will be paid just barely enough for he and Joy to scrape by on, with his pay only being raised by each blessing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically his dad's errand boy. I know several people who work for family members and who are paid fairly, but I don't associate fair pay with Jim Bob or anyone he would know or marry his daughters off to. 

has anyone looked on an online archive to see when the header with joy was added to the website?

just imagine if it was there before the courtship news was broken and someone from here found it first.

11 hours ago, nst said:

i can top that - i put my bank card in the machine - punched in numbers for 200 dollars and left it in the slot and left - not realizing until like 6 hours later and actually went back to the bank machine at safeway and asked to talk to the manager and yes he just stared at me because i didn't have a receipt 

:D

One time I stood in front of the front door to my house repeatedly hitting the "unlock" button on my car keys, and wondering why that wouldn't open the door.

9 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

I will let him know - thanks!  :my_smile:

I'm a hairdresser and have used splat.  It does work well, just a word to the wise, that bleach works quickly, epecially if you use heat (hood dryer the best) and try not to apply it directly to scalp or "scrub " it into scalp...that can cause pain!  LOL  

That being said, I have seen very good results from high school kids coloring their hair in kitchens and bathrooms :D

26 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

One time I stood in front of the front door to my house repeatedly hitting the "unlock" button on my car keys, and wondering why that wouldn't open the door.

i live in a apartment building. After a long trip I left my keys outside my door for an entire night 

4 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

has anyone looked on an online archive to see when the header with joy was added to the website?

just imagine if it was there before the courtship news was broken and someone from here found it first.

I did look at an online archive. If i remember correctly, the picture was put up sometime between August 6 and October 3 but that is as accurate as I could get. There was a large gap in between those dates. 

I did look at an online archive. If i remember correctly, the picture was put up sometime between August 6 and October 3 but that is as accurate as I could get. There was a large gap in between those dates. 

Ahhh. Wow. So definitely up before the announcement. That all could've gone horribly wrong for them in terms of shock factor.

11 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Ahhh. Wow. So definitely up before the announcement. That all could've gone horribly wrong for them in terms of shock factor.

Yes, it definitely could have, but I'm sure they had a reason behind it. And what was the likelihood that someone who wasn't looking to attend would stumble across their page in the first place? 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived