IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6

Bethella

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:44 AM, DaniLouisiana said:

I gotta say that I love that name: Lily Evangeline! I'm putting it on the list for DD, in case we ever get another girl.

That is a lovely name; very classy & elegant-sounding, too.

19 hours ago, Sister Mozz said:

My first thought, too! That's almost like when someone I know was considering naming their son Cooper Bradley, but thankfully enough people asked them "Like Bradley Cooper?" that they changed their minds and went with something else. They had not intended a connection to the actor, but of course that was everyone's immediate assumption.

When I see the name Evangeline, it always reminds me of the movie Nanny McPhee (which was sweet; I liked the second one, too. I'd love to see a third NM movie, but in modern times. Now that I think about it, she'd have a field day with some of our Fundie families, wouldn't she?)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My youngest was going to be an Evangeline.  I forget what middle name he had picked out but it was something normal, like Anne or Elizabeth. Who knows. He turned out to be a bouncing baby Sam. It fits him better anyways. Lmao. But still. Evangeline is an absolutely gorgeous name and I give it two thumbs up. Not that they care for my approval. 

Not to put a damper on anyone's ideas for baby names, but Doug-Phillips-Is-A-Tool's daughter Faith is Faith Evangeline.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not to put a damper on anyone's ideas for baby names, but Doug-Phillips-Is-A-Tool's daughter Faith is Faith Evangeline.

Doug is a tool, no need to discuss that. But Faith Evangeline is still beautiful name IMHO.

On 1/19/2017 at 5:40 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate when characters or actors ruin a name! That almost happened to me with Twilight characters :my_dodgy:

Is your name Renesmee??? ;) 

On 1/19/2017 at 11:46 PM, hoipolloi said:

The fact that some lowlife had given his baby one of my favorite names would *never* have stopped me from doing the same. 

Also, for me Evangeline immediately conjures the Acadians and their strength; secondly, it's the feminine form of the Evangel, one of the names of Jesus Christ.  Nope--I ain't dissuaded by no haint-y Tool!!!! 

No dampers, dear @hoipolloi, no worries!!! :-)

8 hours ago, halcionne said:

Is your name Renesmee??? ;) 

I had a boss who was a bitch on wheels and made my life at work very difficult.  She came in from another office and alienated everyone in my work place against both her, and me (as I had to do what she asked).  She yelled at me frequently, was unreasonably demanding and was basically one of the worst people I've worked for.  

And then I found out she named her daughter Renesmee and felt much better.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love floral names but two flower names put together does not make a bouquet....

You made me laugh so hard that I thought my head would explode. (Been having bad headaches for some hours now!)

And Magnolia Rose does sound like wall color. But I really love Rose. Especially as a middle name.

On January 23, 2017 at 6:17 AM, Hortense Peyrac said:

According to her father's Facebook, Magnolia Rose Balmet is born. On the 20th of January.... No twin sister :my_angel:

My friend considered naming her daughter Lilly Rose. That was quickly squashed by her younger brother who said "If you name her that every horny boy in her junior class at high school will want to deflower her!" Smartass was in high school at the time.  Lilly Rose dropped off the list. 

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

You made me laugh so hard that I thought my head would explode. (Been having bad headaches for some hours now!)

And Magnolia Rose does sound like wall color. But I really love Rose. Especially as a middle name.

To me, Magnolia means "Showboat" and Captain Andy and Gaylord Ravenel. 

4 hours ago, divadivine said:

My friend considered naming her daughter Lilly Rose. That was quickly squashed by her younger brother who said "If you name her that every horny boy in her junior class at high school will want to deflower her!" Smartass was in high school at the time.  Lilly Rose dropped off the list. 

Johnny Depp & Vanessa Paradis' daughter is Lily-Rose.  She's currently one of those blank-stare runway models. Which is apropos of nothing involved in this conversation, except that I lurve the name!

I get the feeling this topic is basically a census of sorts, so I'm a little unsure about posting this here. But I'm going to because I don't want to spook a certain couple into going darker than they have by putting it in a named topic.

Here goes. From the discussion elsewhere on Voddie Baucham, I've been reading this [incredibly long] essay detailing and criticizing  his teachings. I see now why a couple would continue to put the mother's well-being in danger by continually attempting to become pregnant even when history shows it's a pretty bad idea. 

Have vipers no matter what

The essay reacts to VB's attitudes toward children as inevitably evil, and it's hard to take. About 2/3 of the way through, it begins to describe and "explain" the indoctrination of young people in dominionism to continue to attempt to have children -- POS's though children be -- to outnumber the opposition. 

It's an exercise in heartbreak and appetite-killing, and it's from Homeschoolers Anonymous.

But it makes me see why one of my favorite fundies will continue to conceive and attempt very fragile, problematic pregnancies. Because!!!

Sadness. 

But: she and he have to know there's another way of life out there. They are exercising their right to choose. 

Sadness. 

I think I know who you're talking about. But I won't tell if you won't. If this is who I think it is...then I also think her father has more enfluence over her than Voddie. Look at how long it took for her to get permission to marry. But hey, I could have the wrong couple.

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I think I know who you're talking about. But I won't tell if you won't. If this is who I think it is...then I also think her father has more enfluence over her than Voddie. Look at how long it took for her to get permission to marry. But hey, I could have the wrong couple.

Yep. I'm sure there are others, just not on our radar. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

So, I have Kendalyn Staddon as due this month. Anyone hear any word? 

There was a bump picture on instagram with Kathryn about a week ago saying she was 38 weeks.

15 minutes ago, Bethella said:

There was a bump picture on instagram with Kathryn about a week ago saying she was 38 weeks.

Whose Instagram?

Kendalyn was 38 weeks & Kathryn 28 in that IG picture. It was on 1/15 so Kendalyn should shoot out another arrow any second now, if she hasn't already. Kathryn us due mid April. 9 months & 7 seconds after the wedding.

On 1/24/2017 at 5:19 PM, divadivine said:

Oh my gosh, my former neighbors last name is Rose and they named their oldest daughter Lily. I could not believe they set her up like that. All the teasing that is going to happen. Poor girl.

Alyssa Bates Webster had #2, another girl named Lexi Mae, on 1/26. She's already sporting a headband at a few hours old lest we mistake her for a boy.

12 hours ago, JillyO said:

Alyssa Bates Webster had #2, another girl named Lexi Mae, on 1/26. She's already sporting a headband at a few hours old lest we mistake her for a boy.

Dear lord & lady, let the mom rest for a day! What is this, "The Good Earth" and Alyssa will be in the rice paddies this afternoon with Lexi on her back?!

Militant fecundity, my foot. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived