IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6

Bethella

Honestly, I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Anna anymore. I did in the beginning. Now? She's old enough and has had enough real life exposure that she is quite capable of making different decisions. Her own siblings have broken away from this life. It's not like she hasn't seen what that looks like first hand. One could argue that in the beginning she was under the influence of her Father and could possibly excuse her marrying a man while knowing he had previously sexually molested his own siblings. Assuming of course that it is true she did know. However, after all that has transpired, all she has learned and been exposed to? Honestly, I feel that going forward she is no victim.  She now knows EXACTLY who he is and what he is capable of and knowingly stays with him, has more children with him and continues to expose her own daughters to him.  At this point if heinous things continue to happen, she is as responsible as he is. I'm sorry, perhaps that's harsh, but she has children she is supposed to be protecting. I have no respect for woman who refuse to put their children first. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

Honestly, I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Anna anymore. I did in the beginning. Now? She's old enough and has had enough real life exposure that she is quite capable of making different decisions. Her own siblings have broken away from this life. It's not like she hasn't seen what that looks like first hand. One could argue that in the beginning she was under the influence of her Father and could possibly excuse her marrying a man while knowing he had previously sexually molested his own siblings. Assuming of course that it is true she did know. However, after all that has transpired, all she has learned and been exposed to? Honestly, I feel that going forward she is no victim.  She now knows EXACTLY who he is and what he is capable of and knowingly stays with him, has more children with him and continues to expose her own daughters to him.  At this point if heinous things continue to happen, she is as responsible as he is. I'm sorry, perhaps that's harsh, but she has children she is supposed to be protecting. I have no respect for woman who refuse to put their children first. 

The bolded, exactly.

For most of her marriage I've felt sorry for her. Her lack of education, lack of autonomy, religious indoctrination...all of it. Then, her husband publicly admitted he molested his sisters and then he got caught cheating, and cheating in a way that is nothing more than sex - it's not even like he fell in love with someone else or became obsessed - he knew what he was doing and why and how. 

Then? She stood by him. She let herself be absorbed into her inlaw's home and life; didn't she share a room with all the Duggar girls (and her own girls) for a while? She sold herself for...whatever.  I don't even care what she sold herself for. I just know she sold out. 

She DID have family to support doing the right and best thing - her brother publicly proclaimed so - and she chose to stay a Duggar, in Duggar world, and with Josh.

Her life, her choice. But I have zero sympathy for her and give her zero credit/sympathy/compassion.

She's long past her upbringing; she's seen the real world as the wife of a fame whore and his family. She chose what she chose. 

Fine. Not skin off my back. When you're in a situation because you don't know any better and have no experience, that's one thing. When you have all the damn experience in the world and still choose that situation - - good bye. Done. Nope. Nada. 

She is a Duggar and deserves all the same respect every other Duggar get (from me, in my opinion). Which is none, unless it's disdain.

Elisha Ehlinger has had her baby. Adele Joan. Re. the previous conversation on here, I've followed the Wahlquists for a while and various other families they know (including the Smith family of the 11smiths blog, who I found out about the Wahlquists from), but I had no idea that Elisha was the third Wahlquist sibling to marry an Ehlinger sibling! I guess I haven't read back through their blog much.

Has anyone heard anything about Hannah (Burnett) Dornink? I think she was due around March 4th but I didn't have an exact date. @maple802? You were the one who first noted her pregnancy.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Triplet3 said:

Elisha Ehlinger has had her baby. Adele Joan

I find this very weird: Elisha wrote a novel and Adele is the heroine's name (who go throught multiple twists and turns, by following God's way...etc...etc...).... And now, it's her daughter's name.... Will she invent this little girl's future?? Strange!

16 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I find this very weird: Elisha wrote a novel and Adele is the heroine's name (who go throught multiple twists and turns, by following God's way...etc...etc...).... And now, it's her daughter's name.... Will she invent this little girl's future?? Strange!

In all fairness (and I say this as someone who's never had children, has never even been pregnant), whenever I'd write a story, it wouldn't be too uncommon for me to give the characters names I'd consider for my own kids if I feel like they fit. Sometimes it's just easier than completely starting from scratch with their name. But, that's just me. *shrugs*

On 3/19/2017 at 2:21 AM, Triplet3 said:

Elisha Ehlinger has had her baby. Adele Joan. Re. the previous conversation on here, I've followed the Wahlquists for a while and various other families they know (including the Smith family of the 11smiths blog, who I found out about the Wahlquists from), but I had no idea that Elisha was the third Wahlquist sibling to marry an Ehlinger sibling! I guess I haven't read back through their blog much.

It took me a while to figure that one out too! Except I still don't know which ones are siblings in the 3 couples: Erich & Beth, Nate & Kate, and Travis & Elisha. I also think the E and W matriarchs look a lot alike and I can't tell them apart in photos. These 2 families are more intertwined than the S'Mortons!

ETA: whoops, just realized all this was discussed above :my_confused:. Anyway, that's 6 double-cousins, all girls, under the age of 4. Holy shhht.

14 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

It took me a while to figure that one out too! Except I still don't know which ones are siblings in the 3 couples: Erich & Beth, Nate & Kate, and Travis & Elisha. I also think the E and W matriarchs look a lot alike and I can't tell them apart in photos. These 2 families are more intertwined than the S'Mortons!

ETA: whoops, just realized all this was discussed above :my_confused:. Anyway, that's 6 double-cousins, all girls, under the age of 4. Holy shhht.

I guess as long as it's all girls, at least there's no chance of any of these double first cousins marrying and having kids of their own. :kitty-shifty:

It sort of looks like Kennedy Morton could be per her IG. Could be the dress, leftover baby weight ( no judging, mine is 5 years old) but I can' t tell. Mia is only 7 months old so it's possible right??? Her IG is kenideck I believe.

18 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

It sort of looks like Kennedy Morton could be per her IG. Could be the dress, leftover baby weight ( no judging, mine is 5 years old) but I can' t tell. Mia is only 7 months old so it's possible right??? Her IG is kenideck I believe.

Everything is possible when it comes to fertility and this family.

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I actually went on Kennedy's ig and there's a post where she's making fun of FJ :my_dodgy: joke's on her I guess

It always makes me sad when women are so blind to sexism that they make jokes about it. It's easy to laugh and joke about it when you are newly married and have one healthy child. I doubt she will still be joking when she has 6 kids 6 and under struggling to make ends meet and not even enough time in the day to make jokes. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It always makes me sad when women are so blind to sexism that they make jokes about it. It's easy to laugh and joke about it when you are newly married and have one healthy child. I doubt she will still be joking when she has 6 kids 6 and under struggling to make ends meet and not even enough time in the day to make jokes. 

Yeah. Especially when her sister-in-law is exactly in this situation, plus her husband is in prison for raping children. Have a little fucking compassion, Kennedy Decker Morton.

4 hours ago, teachergirl said:

The pic from 2 weeks ago didn't have a bump and it was only of her midsection.  However, the pic I saw of her with her nieces had a clear bump.  Maybe it's just the dress/angle?  Who knows with this family.   

We had a discussion about that post of hers when she's talking about FJ.  I think it's under the upcoming nuptials thread.  It's easy to be snarky and cavalier when you are young, have only been married a year, and have one kid.  She should take a look at her SIL's situation and have some understanding for what can happen when you are raised to instantly obey your headship and purposefully given no skills other than changing a diaper and washing dishes. 

10 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Yeah. Especially when her sister-in-law is exactly in this situation, plus her husband is in prison for raping children. Have a little fucking compassion, Kennedy Decker Morton.

Omg I somehow forgot her SIL is Katie Smith! 

Kennedy is clueless. She makes me so angry. She's like an immature 16 year old. 

7 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Mia is almost 9 months old.  Actually makes it even more likely.  

I think it's pretty awesome that Kennedy is biting back. I don't agree with her family's politics or poisonous patriarchal bullshit, but I will celebrate any and all signs of life from any of those women. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg I somehow forgot her SIL is Katie Smith! 

Kennedy is clueless. She makes me so angry. She's like an immature 16 year old. 

I mean she basically IS - in reality isn't she only like 19? 

(Ps for anyone looking for the discussion it was in the Alan smith threads)

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I mean she basically IS - in reality isn't she only like 19? 

(Ps for anyone looking for the discussion it was in the Alan smith threads)

She's 21.

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think it's pretty awesome that Kennedy is biting back. I don't agree with her family's politics or poisonous patriarchal bullshit, but I will celebrate any and all signs of life from any of those women. 

I'm sure this is completely condoned sarcasm. They are allowed to make jokes about those who criticize them. It just shows that she is still completely in the cult. If she agreed with the things that FJ points out, she wouldn't find it so funny. Like the Bates girls, she may have sass, but she is just as much a part of the cult as Quiet Michael Bates. So I don't really appreciate her smug shitty sarcasm when her SIL is in a horrid situation because of their fucked people cult. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sure this is completely condoned sarcasm. They are allowed to make jokes about those who criticize them. It just shows that she is still completely in the cult. If she agreed with the things that FJ points out, she wouldn't find it so funny. Like the Bates girls, she may have sass, but she is just as much a part of the cult as Quiet Michael Bates. So I don't really appreciate her smug shitty sarcasm when her SIL is in a horrid situation because of their fucked people cult. 

PREACH!!  :pray:

I completely agree.  They find her spunky, which is probably why Andrew married her.  Yet she uses that spunk to rant and rave at anti-abortion rallies.  And I don't see her using that spunk to advocate for more education, more opportunities outside the home, etc.  

Katrina Britton (Rebsch) gave birth to her fourth son, Silas Andrew Britton on 22th of march... Four boys, 2 months before her 5th anniversary.... Better than Jordan Yuck, and I repeat: I don't envy her....

Her sister, who lives in Ukraine , Kateline Day, had a miscarriage in february.....

Two sisters very fecund. Sadly. For their body and their future.....

Did Rachel Morton have her baby? Martha has a picture of her new "nephew #19" up. He's clearly freshly born with an oxygen tube near his nose. Rachel was due in April I believe. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived