IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I could get secular,feminist,pagan,witch and buddhist friends together and say we homechurch? The ex-quiverfuls could do all the talking while the rest of us just look meek and nod. But, I don't want them knowing where I live and then all sneaking pictures of my gargoyles,prayerflags and buddha statue before the peel out of driveways like the hounds from hell are chasing them(actually, my devil dogs probably would chase them :))

I would consider it just so I could get Sarah alone and also give Terri a BIG Pepsi.

They'd never accept. You know they thoroughly vet every church they go to. If Christopher won't do weddings that don't follow very strict, fundie guidelines, I doubt Stevie would be any less stringent in where the whole family goes to award the faithful with the Maxwell experience.

christophermaxwell.com/wedding-information.htm

I love Christopher's 'if your wedding doesn't meet the (MY) criteria.... blurb. Like anyone would cry over not having the great Christopher shoot their wedding. Somehow I don't think too many people would be disappointed that their lives don't meet his criteria so they have to find another photographer.

I looked over Christopher's site and I agree the Maxwells will ever accept invitations to speak at mainstream type churches.

Well, it looks like they have at least one gig next year: familyeconomics2012.com/speakers/

Have the Maxwells crossed over into VF's marketing territory before? Although Dougie isn't listed, RC Sproul, Jr & Kevin Swanson -- two of the VF stable's talking asses horses -- are also speakers.

They'd never accept. You know they thoroughly vet every church they go to. If Christopher won't do weddings that don't follow very strict, fundie guidelines, I doubt Stevie would be any less stringent in where the whole family goes to award the faithful with the Maxwell experience.

How would they "know"??? You're a small church, you don't have a website. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the Maxwell conference schedule and they were in my town for 3 days in March! I missed them! Let us pray they come back in 2012 so I can observe them in person. :doh:

Oh, I'm sorry you missed them! I'd love another undercover report about my favorite fundy family.

I smell a troll with that new one, I saw the Maxwells in person and her story does not add up. :snooty: :snooty:

The Maxwell's just posted pics of this weekends conference (which weren't up when she made her original post). She had the girls dress right and the fact the Nathan's family was there as well.

I smell a troll with that new one, I saw the Maxwells in person and her story does not add up. :snooty: :snooty:

Anything is possible, I guess, but I hope she's not a troll. Her story is pretty funny. I wonder when and where she saw them.

I am definitely going to watch their 2012 schedule. I would live to observe them and report back. I'm already planning my outfit in anticipation. ;)

Really? Nathan's family was there? That was one of my main problems because they never travel with the main family. She did say Uriah is a dump and small and that is NOT true. I took a pic of Uriah myself and it is a full out motor home, like a tour bus, its HUGE. That is why I am not sure,but trying to give her the benefit of the doubt which is why I haven;t posted it in her post.

I was wondering if she was looking at the wrong bus. You can see on the Google Earth images someone posted a while back that Uriah is huge!

I am definitely going to watch their 2012 schedule. I would live to observe them and report back. I'm already planning my outfit in anticipation. ;)

If they come back to your area, are you going to frump it up, or do you think you'll lean more towards "modern modest" or bohemian chic? So many choices! Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll look very Titus 2.

Really? Nathan's family was there? That was one of my main problems because they never travel with the main family. She did say Uriah is a dump and small and that is NOT true. I took a pic of Uriah myself and it is a full out motor home, like a tour bus, its HUGE. That is why I am not sure,but trying to give her the benefit of the doubt which is why I haven;t posted it in her post.

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt at this point because she got the details about their outfits right before they put their new blog entry up. You're right, though; Uriah is really, really big. It would be cool if she'd post her pic(s) of him.

If they come back to your area, are you going to frump it up, or do you think you'll lean more towards "modern modest" or bohemian chic? So many choices! Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll look very Titus 2.

You have to frump it up! I have a frumper you can use. Maybe we should just pass it around to anyone who goes to see them and they get their pic in it with the Maxwells. :)

If they come back to my home town I will probably go Modern Fundy, we don't have a frumper population here. If they are just in my area I am going full out Frumperlicious! I think I will even wear a hair covering. So excited!

Hmmm, been thinking if I don't go a la Zsu or J'chelle, I may give a clothing shout-out to our girl Lina. Oh the possibilities! :dance:

Hmmm, been thinking if I don't go a la Zsu or J'chelle, I may give a clothing shout-out to our girl Lina. Oh the possibilities! :dance:

I would be so torn if they came to my area. Part of me would want to go for the modern (but still modest) fundie look so that I could use my Jezebel powers to defraud John, but another part of me would want to go full-out, over-the-top frumpy (think Lydia of Purple*).

*May she rest in peace. But damn! Those clothes! If you've never seen her website, you should check it out sometime.

You know you can see their schedule at their website, right? They're heading for the southeast. Hurricanes or Maxwells, which would you rather have??? ;)

clibbyjo, I feel like a celebrity! I am no troll, and I never have trolled but this is the first time I've been suspected of being one and it's kind of cool even though it should feel all kinds of wrong. I remember reading about your Maxwell visit and Id love to hear how my experience doesn't add up, really I would, I'm not frontin'.

Guys, Uriah seems just really short to me. I have a photo and I'll post it when my battery recharges. My grandparents had a Class A RV for a long time and possibly it's those memories that make Uriah seem like a midget bus. You know, how things from your childhood look smaller when you're older? Ha! Maybe a dozen ladies there were in slacks or jeans. and had hair styled nice, and uncovered. it was freaky to think that "they walk among us" and we don't know it, because they're out of uniform so to speak. The Maxwell girls NONE of them were in slacks. Well, the guys were. I kept thinking it would be a hoot to find out Steve has lacy underwear. :hand: I mean, who would know?

You know you can see their schedule at their website, right? They're heading for the southeast. Hurricanes or Maxwells, which would you rather have??? ;)

clibbyjo, I feel like a celebrity! I am no troll, and I never have trolled but this is the first time I've been suspected of being one and it's kind of cool even though it should feel all kinds of wrong. I remember reading about your Maxwell visit and Id love to hear how my experience doesn't add up, really I would, I'm not frontin'.

Guys, Uriah seems just really short to me. I have a photo and I'll post it when my battery recharges. My grandparents had a Class A RV for a long time and possibly it's those memories that make Uriah seem like a midget bus. You know, how things from your childhood look smaller when you're older? Ha! Maybe a dozen ladies there were in slacks or jeans. and had hair styled nice, and uncovered. it was freaky to think that "they walk among us" and we don't know it, because they're out of uniform so to speak. The Maxwell girls NONE of them were in slacks. Well, the guys were. I kept thinking it would be a hoot to find out Steve has lacy underwear. :hand: I mean, who would know?

Uriah is HUGE. It took up the whole side of the little church we went to, this is the picture I took so when you said it was a small dump, that is not true. 082.jpg

That and the fact Nathans family never goes,but I did see on their website they did surprise them this week. I will give you the benefit of the doubt,when you post your uriah pic, I will believe you.:)

They were here for 3 days in March. I could dress in a different fundy style each day, if I could stomach 3 days of Maxwells.

I used to check out Lydia of Purple years ago via Ladies Against Feminism. I was shocked to find out she had died and Pa Purple had remarried. She sure doesn't look like a Purple lady. I would be pissed if I had to dress like a cross between Mennonite and Amish making Ma Ingalls look like a fashion plate to please my headship, then after I died he a married a much younger woman who dressed normally. I would come back and possess the new wife and make his life Hell! :twisted:

I would love to see the Maxwells if they ever come around in my area. But are any of you sort of...well, embarrassed to do that? I am. I'm afraid someone will find out about me attending and think I agree with them or want to go that way or something. And then there's trying to explain the whole thing to my husband and kids....you want to see these people why?

Archived