IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

I sooooo initially thought Uriah was a girl. Modes of transort usually are....I tend to find car fanatics refer to their vehicle as "she".....and ships certainly are. Trust the Maxwells to use "he". Might defraud the "men" (these are not real men, they are too imature and weak in my opinion)

Steves already responded to requests for overseas saying its expensve....to be honest the cost of fuel and all the damn repairs to Uriah every 5 minutes it would likely be cheaper to fly :D I sometimes wonder of the kids have ever seen a world map?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A world map.....heavens no! Then they will see the earth is not flat! Silly silly worldly women stop trying to institute your worldly ideas on they Pious maxewell children!

Hey this is really fun!

Well as long as your husband or son(age 2 and over) speaks for you, I'm sure old Steve-o will let you listen. It's Uriah they care about not some heathen woman who speaks her mind. Think of the damage it could do to Uriah's courting status if he talked to you, what would the other families holy buses think. I mean he may have to court a Catholic oh my!

Damn, I was really getting excited about Uriah speaking to me personally. Though it's probably a good thing that he couldn't. Being the delicate little flower that I am, I doubt I could get through the conversation without suffering an attack of the vapours.

Steves already responded to requests for overseas saying its expensve....to be honest the cost of fuel and all the damn repairs to Uriah every 5 minutes it would likely be cheaper to fly :D I sometimes wonder of the kids have ever seen a world map?

humm..... if it's the Lords will they speak in England, I'm sure he'll find a way/funding..... :pray: Steve need to have more faith.

Guest Anonymous

I think the Lord wants them to come to Wales, and I would be happy to host any FJers at my place for the occasion. Women were stoned for adultery, not even a hundred years ago, in my neck of the woods... not full on murder stoning, but as a symbolic and overly strong form of shunning. That would be tight up Pa Maxwell's street, I am sure! (Best not to let him see that most chapels are now derelict or converted into luxury housing...)

Guest Anonymous
Airplane travel may require them to actually sit next to a heathen. Could you imagine the poor person who might have to sit next to Steve? OMG... A transcontinental flight about your going to hell with no where to run? I would take out my rosary beads and pray for the virgin to pray for their souls!

I would buy and wear a Richard Dawkins t-shirt, even though I'm Christian, if I knew I would have Steve as a seatmate.

I would buy and wear a Richard Dawkins t-shirt, even though I'm Christian, if I knew I would have Steve as a seatmate.

The thought of sitting next to Steve Maxwell for an entire transatlantic flight is too awful to contemplate. That's just what I want when I'm on an airplane: a seatmate who won't shut up about death.

What do you think bouts of turbulence would be like? Do you think he would start the walk through the shadow of the valley of death? They did on the Titanic?

Who would you rather sit next to Steve or Doug, New York to Sydney. I choose Doug because I know the rosary would really get to him.

I burst out laughing when I read that post. So either there is a "whole lot of courtin" going on or that I ton Ramp project is really bringing in the bucks!! Maybe they figured out it's cheaper to do teleconferences than move the whole crew on the bus-from-hell??[sorry, Uriah, I couldn't resist.] Maybe Terri's depression is back full throttle??

Steve has replied to me!

We have had interest expressed from other countries. However, there are two issues. The expense and we have limited flying due to the new x-ray machines at airports.

Steve

He has both disappointed me and defrauded me (by replying and not getting Teri or one of the girls to do it) in his response.

Actually I am still trying to work out what he means - His grammar is atrocious.

Steve has replied to me!

He has both disappointed me and defrauded me (by replying and not getting Teri or one of the girls to do it) in his response.

Actually I am still trying to work out what he means - His grammar is atrocious.

I guess they don't want to go throught the new scanners that "look" through your clothes. Really, Steve, they are not that bad. We went through them in LA last Christmas.

I would imagine they will be really pushing for conferences soon. Their travel schedule for fall has all of four dates on it. Considering in years past they've been gone five or six weeks at a time a few times a year, and then some in between, they have to be hitting the prayers even harder than usual to get more bookings. I think this clock is ticking thing is only the beginning.

I don't know why they're bothered by the x-rays. Couldn't they just pray through them, or create a blog post to ask for prayers as they go through them? They have no problem asking for prayers for everything else they do and see everything as 'god's protection' - wouldn't praying mean god is protecting them from the evils of the TSA and satanic x-rays?

Which would be worse to them? The scanners (or nude o scopes as we call them) or having to submit to a patdown by a same sex officer?

Since they wear skirts, there would be a movement up the inside of the leg till it hits resistance. And if any of them are abundant in the boobage the offending boob will be lifted and separated to make sure no WMD's are hidden between or under.

These people really annoy me and but they are like a trainwreck....

• 3 weeks later...

They have such a limited audience, I'm not surprised. Maybe they could tone it down a bit an make themselves more appealing to mainstream churches. :lol: yeah right.

They preach the same thing at each conference! They can't exactly get much repeat custom with the same seminars and books....I know they have added in courtship, and some keepers at home session for the ladies, but .... it's all just the same!

At least the scheduling, chore stuff, bible time sessions can be used by the majority of homeschoolers, maybe even some non-homeschoolers (lets face it, they are the kind of things where most can take some, leave some) - but they start to step on issues which are not felt by so many (plenty of homeschoolers out there will not follow the extremity of courtship, or all girls staying at home) and they are huting off more people. :naughty:

To clarify my majority of homeschoolers bit (i did not phrase myself well) - I meant stuff like using a schedule could be implemented by any household, regardless of belief, therefore making it a slightly more open conference (if somehow the icky part of it all can be ignored :lol:

My co-op could squeeze them in for our moms Goddess weekend in the Fall! We already have thai yoga,acupuncture, hot stone massage, psychic readings, raw food,aromatherapy,and mehndi all given by homeschool moms in my group. The Maxwell will totally fit with my group.

Clibbyjo, I wanna come ! Can I start homeschooling my 23 year old so I can join your homeschool moms group ?

I'd like to come too please! I'll start homeschooling my not-quite-2-year-old ala Candy Brauer. ;)

My co-op could squeeze them in for our moms Goddess weekend in the Fall! We already have thai yoga,acupuncture, hot stone massage, psychic readings, raw food,aromatherapy,and mehndi all given by homeschool moms in my group. The Maxwell will totally fit with my group.

Does homeschooling two furbabies count?

Okay, I need to get this off my chest about the Maxwells because it's been bothering me...

So, like most of you, I read a number of "fundie" blogs. Some of them I read because I find them interesting in terms of how differently the particular family or writer approaches life and Christianity than I do (the Mortons, Jasmine, etc.). Some of them I genuinely like and and feel some degree of affection for (Meredith while she was still blogging, Kristina, and even the Bates who I find to be a legitimately happy and reasonable family). And some of them, I admit, are just so ridiculous and snark-worthy that I derive amusement from them (the Botkins, virtually any fundie wedding video involving trumpets and/or civil war costumes, courtship rulers, etc.). But then there are the Maxwells...

At first, I read their blog because I found them so incredibly strange and on-the-fringe that it was like exploring a different culture. I still feel similarly, but they really have gone the way of Emily (Under $1000 a month) for me. Their lifestyle is SO fringe, so depressing, and so insufferably oppressive of their (ADULT!!!!) children that my predominant reaction to them is one of sadness and profound sympathy for their children than anything else. I don't enjoy reading their blog. I read their blog partly because I keep hoping that, one day, they'll see the light and start leading a more joyful, more loving, and more relaxed lifestyle... or at least allow their children to live their own lives... and partly because I am actually scared that they may go the way of other cult-like groups and get SO strange and SO insular that they start posing a real danger to themselves. I had the same reaction to Emily. At first, her blog was SO crazy that it was a hoot to read. Then, I started fearing for the safety and lives of her children.

I mean, EVERY... SINGLE... POST on the Maxwell's blog has an undercurrent of oppressiveness and depression. Sure, Sarah posts all kinds of upbeat messages and proclaims that she just loves her life and her parents, but NONE of it rings true to me. Pictures really tell no lies, and in ALL of their pictures, there seems to be misery behind those smiles, particularly Mrs. Maxwell's and the girls. The only exceptions appear to be Melanie and her family who appear to have some semblance of a happy life.

I'm to the point where I feel guilty reading their blog because I don't want to drive up their traffic and thus make them believe that there is broad support for their lifestyle, but (as I said above) I feel like someone needs to monitor these people from afar just in case. Maybe I'm being overly concerned or critical, but I just increasingly find them creepy and vaguely abusive of their children.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Okay, I need to get this off my chest about the Maxwells because it's been bothering me...

So, like most of you, I read a number of "fundie" blogs. Some of them I read because I find them interesting in terms of how differently the particular family or writer approaches life and Christianity than I do (the Mortons, Jasmine, etc.). Some of them I genuinely like and and feel some degree of affection for (Meredith while she was still blogging, Kristina, and even the Bates who I find to be a legitimately happy and reasonable family). And some of them, I admit, are just so ridiculous and snark-worthy that I derive amusement from them (the Botkins, virtually any fundie wedding video involving trumpets and/or civil war costumes, courtship rulers, etc.). But then there are the Maxwells...

At first, I read their blog because I found them so incredibly strange and on-the-fringe that it was like exploring a different culture. I still feel similarly, but they really have gone the way of Emily (Under $1000 a month) for me. Their lifestyle is SO fringe, so depressing, and so insufferably oppressive of their (ADULT!!!!) children that my predominant reaction to them is one of sadness and profound sympathy for their children than anything else. I don't enjoy reading their blog. I read their blog partly because I keep hoping that, one day, they'll see the light and start leading a more joyful, more loving, and more relaxed lifestyle... or at least allow their children to live their own lives... and partly because I am actually scared that they may go the way of other cult-like groups and get SO strange and SO insular that they start posing a real danger to themselves. I had the same reaction to Emily. At first, her blog was SO crazy that it was a hoot to read. Then, I started fearing for the safety and lives of her children.

I mean, EVERY... SINGLE... POST on the Maxwell's blog has an undercurrent of oppressiveness and depression. Sure, Sarah posts all kinds of upbeat messages and proclaims that she just loves her life and her parents, but NONE of it rings true to me. Pictures really tell no lies, and in ALL of their pictures, there seems to be misery behind those smiles, particularly Mrs. Maxwell's and the girls. The only exceptions appear to be Melanie and her family who appear to have some semblance of a happy life.

I'm to the point where I feel guilty reading their blog because I don't want to drive up their traffic and thus make them believe that there is broad support for their lifestyle, but (as I said above) I feel like someone needs to monitor these people from afar just in case. Maybe I'm being overly concerned or critical, but I just increasingly find them creepy and vaguely abusive of their children.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I agree with your Every Word, girl. E-ve-ry word.

About the Maxwells, anyway; I didn't follow Emily.

Archived