IGNORED

What Now?

Destiny

On 11/28/2016 at 10:32 PM, GeoBQn said:

If you are theatrically inclined, playwright Lauren Gunderson is making her 2013 play The Taming available for free to any group that performs it on Inauguration Day.  She suggests turning the performance into a fundraiser for an organization like the ACLU.

https://www.playscripts.com/blog/2016/11/stage-a-reading-of-lauren-gundersons-the-taming-on-inauguration-day-for-free/

Update:  I am co-directing a staged reading of this play!  We got our actors, a theatre group to produce, and an art gallery to serve as a performance space.  We want to make it a fundraiser for a local organization that is working towards a wonderful cause that Trump hates.  According to the author, over 25 theatre groups have signed up to stage performances on Inauguration Day.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

With scum like this in the cabinet, I'm dreading the day I go to a national park (Yellowstone or some place else) and see oil rigs or mining going on. I'm also dreading the day our National Forest Service lands are leased out for timber companies. 

Republicans have made noises in the past about selling off our national parks so that the taxpayers don't have to pay for their upkeep. The Trump administration would be the perfect time for such shenanigans to occur. 

I hate this. :pb_sad:

22 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Trump plans on continuing as executive producer of Celebrity Apprentice while in office. 

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/donald-trump-mark-burnett-celebrity-apprentice-executive-producer-1201937420/

Here's NBC's contact information for people who want to call and complain: 

http://www.nbc.com/contact-us

If you have twitter, you could also tweet them. 

I just wanted to add this contact information for calling NBC: 

https://twitter.com/shannoncoulter?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

A couple of weeks ago I said I was setting up a blog for people who want to know what to do next, and as I was setting it up, someone else set up that exact kind of blog (but they did a much better job than technologically-challenged me ever could have.) 

So here's the blog: 

https://dailyaction.org/

You can sign up to get daily texts that will alert you to action you can take each day. I was just going to do mine in blog form, but their idea for texts is so much better! 

So now I'm back to the drawing board on what kind of blog to do, but I wanted to let you guys know about this other blog because I think they're doing amazing work. 

These are the democrats on the House Intelligence Committee.  People are calling them to put pressure on them to investigate Russian Hacking.

DEMOCRATS
Adam Schiff, California 818.450.2900
Jim Himes, Connecticut 203.333.6600
Terri Sewell, Alabama 334.262.1919
Andre Carson, Indiana 317.283.6516
Jackie Speier, California 650.342.0300
Mike Quigley, Illinois 773.267.5926
Eric Swalwell, California 510.370.3322
Patrick Murphy, Florida
Joaquin Castro, Texas 210.348.8216

On 12/14/2016 at 2:44 PM, RoseWilder said:

These are the democrats on the House Intelligence Committee.  People are calling them to put pressure on them to investigate Russian Hacking.

DEMOCRATS
Adam Schiff, California 818.450.2900
Jim Himes, Connecticut 203.333.6600
Terri Sewell, Alabama 334.262.1919
Andre Carson, Indiana 317.283.6516
Jackie Speier, California 650.342.0300
Mike Quigley, Illinois 773.267.5926
Eric Swalwell, California 510.370.3322
Patrick Murphy, Florida
Joaquin Castro, Texas 210.348.8216

I called the offices you posted. Thank you for the list.

A Congressman from my area, though not my district, has pushed to postpone the electoral college vote because of the reports of Russian interference.  I doubt he will be successful, but I hope more Democratic members of Congress will stand up and be vocal.  Here's an excerpt:

“Recent, credible intelligence reports suggest a concerted effort by a foreign power to interfere in the outcome” of the election, Beyer, a liberal Democrat, said in a statement posted to Twitter at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

“I believe that Electors should be given all information relevant to this interference before they make their decisions and before they cast their votes,” he tweeted.

“Congress must take whatever action is necessary to protect the integrity of our democracy. I call on the leaders of Congress to delay the date of the vote for the Electoral College until an intelligence briefing has been given to each Elector.”

I have a request, that if this story disgusts you, please sign the petition and share. 2 Freshmen boys at one of the local high schools ejaculated into cups and mixed it into frosting for a turnover. They fed it to their teacher. I heard from a student that goes there that the boys families are rich, very rich. They have been inadequately punished. Only a week and a half suspension and easily fought misdemeanor charges. I'm so disgusted.

https://www.change.org/p/superintendent-of-westside-high-school-expel-the-students-responsible-for-sexually-assaulting-a-foods-teacher-at-westside?recruiter=639512696&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I should add that my above post is relevant in that it's a fight against normalizing sexual harassment, a necessity in Trump America. A way to say, "No, this behavior is unacceptable," in an age where "grab her by the pussy," isn't taken seriously.

i reread, and felt it needed context.

• 4 weeks later...

Not as meaningful as some of the things you have been talking about, but I was shopping the January sales for a new winter coat today. Checked the labels on one of the racks and saw that they were Ivanka Trump coats. I surprised myself with how disgusted I was that the store was carrying that brand.  I wouldn't want to own ANYTHING with the Trump name on it.  No.  Had to walk out.  I'll be letting the store (HBC in Canada) know why they have lost a shopper. 

17 hours ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Not as meaningful as some of the things you have been talking about, but I was shopping the January sales for a new winter coat today. Checked the labels on one of the racks and saw that they were Ivanka Trump coats. I surprised myself with how disgusted I was that the store was carrying that brand.  I wouldn't want to own ANYTHING with the Trump name on it.  No.  Had to walk out.  I'll be letting the store (HBC in Canada) know why they have lost a shopper. 

I think refusing to shop in a store that carries Trump products is very meaningful. Boycotts can be a very powerful way to effect change. I've been following the GrabYourWallet twitter page for about 2 months now: https://twitter.com/shannoncoulter?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

They're encouraging people to boycott any store that does business with Trump, and now they're expanding outward to companies that are owened by or affiliated with Trump cabinet nominees. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like there is a special election coming up at the end of the month in CT. Might be worth looking into for anyone who is a CT resident (@VelociRapture? Anyone else?). Advocacy is always great, but at the very least make sure you look up what's on the ballot and vote!

3 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Looks like there is a special election coming up at the end of the month in CT. Might be worth looking into for anyone who is a CT resident (@VelociRapture? Anyone else?). Advocacy is always great, but at the very least make sure you look up what's on the ballot and vote!

Looks like two state Senate seats and one state Rep seat are up for grabs. Pretty sure my district isn't involved - but it's late and I'm tired so I could be wrong about that. I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thanks!

Archived