IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

Looks like my last post never made it.

Based on the photo and tweets from Lawson, I get the feeling something is very wrong there. Whether he and Jinger had a secret thing for each other, or he knows/heard something about Jeremy and didn't want to hurt her, etc. My heart breaks for him for whatever it is.

Like the dress, its very Jinger. Does seems to have a weird placement of the lace across the shoulders, like its added on to a strapless neckline. Love the hair, swept low and to one side. Like the idea of the bouquet, II'll have to look up the pagan significance of the wheat.  I think Jinger pucked the style of the sisters dresses but told them to get it in whatever color they each liked. Probably an 11am or noon wedding so they could celebrate Spurge's birthday after dinner?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Jeremy only has one sister, and she's the bridesmaid in red. Do you mean one of Ben's sisters?

This is from Pickles FB. I think she looks like the girl in the white shirt. Whoever she is. 

13892373_967253693373440_504809975656156801_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Looks like my last post never made it.

Based on the photo and tweets from Lawson, I get the feeling something is very wrong there. Whether he and Jinger had a secret thing for each other, or he knows/heard something about Jeremy and didn't want to hurt her, etc. My heart breaks for him for whatever it is.

glad you brought this up - because I don't follow Lawson but obviously a - he either wants attention or something did happen and he konws something or this is what he does....

any Lawson followers - details would be great 

is he a spurned man or an attention seeker

A few thoughts - 

Jinger looks stunning.  A gorgeous dress with well done hair and makeup.  It's modest but not obnoxiously so.  I would wear that dress and I live my life FAR from their modesty standards. (I actually have a black cocktail dress that is the same top with a pencil skirt).  Nothing to be altered, just genuinely modest. I love that she included the headband subtly which is kind of her signature look too.  She legitimately looks like Grace Kelly. SO classic, SO fresh, SO modern. I can't say enough.  I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Jeremy looks fantastic.  I think one of the things the two of them have bonded over is fashion.  I know the multiple patterns and brown shoes may be a negative to some of you, but it's really very fashion forward on trend with what men are wearing right now. The suit fits him impeccably. It very much reminds me of what you see professional athletes in en route to their games or afterwards in press conferences. Jeremy has a sense of style and is no afraid to show it. 

The flowers aren't dead, she's incorporated some non-floral elements like wheat and berries to tie in to her harvest/autumn theme.

The bridesmaids dresses go very with her dress very well, and I think with the ombre placement I can start to see how it comes together. Definitely more put together and elegant than what her sisters have done. 

WTH were JB and Michelle wearing?!?!?

I'm sure the reception was very much in line with their usual cake and punch but that's the norm in their world. By all accounts Jinger found a way to class up her wedding like no one else has yet. Good for her.

I think this has been a very emotional day for Jinger, and I can see how she was probably a ball of anxiety, tears, excitement, etc. at different points throughout the day.  In the video as well as in some of the DM pics, I can see a very nurturing side to Jeremy and I think his experience will be an asset to their relationship.  I still really have high hopes for them. 

Good for them for getting the hell out of there are going for a proper honeymoon halfway around the world. I'm sure Jinger will get some amazing shots that they can use to decorate their new home. 

Edit - forgot to add:  I really think the reason for the lack of planning episodes is because she really didn't want people knowing the details.  Unlike her sisters, I genuinely think she's more private and didn't want the world to know everything before it happened.  If we had seen all the planning episodes, it would have ruined that. 

23 minutes ago, Percy said:

I still think they are the classiest maids gowns of all the Duggan weddings 

Yeah, much better than Jill's Vanity/Rue21 green dresses. Jinger picked some great colors for her maids and I am loving the 'Vineyard' theme. 

Also glad to see Jinger at least pulled her hair back, she truly does look happy. I hope Jeremy keeps it that way too. Who knows maybe since he is more worldly he won't push Jing for sex tonight and be more concerned about truly just enjoying kissing for now.

14 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I swear in the Daily Mail article I read that "Josiah's ex Marjorie" was at the wedding. But it is not in the article anymore.

She was at Jinger's shower. Of course she was there, as were 1000 of their closest friends. 

Didn't get to log on at all today and now that I did I find not one but TWO JinJer threads. Holy smokes I have a lot to catch up on! Just checking out this current thread & all of the pictures of the wedding. For as much as I don't like the Duggars, Jinger did look pretty in her dress. The 1000 guests doesn't really surprise me either since the other Duggar daughter weddings were big.

Good thing there is an extra hour tonight. Ha!

Late to the party, but Jinger looks fantastic. Her dress is perfect for her. Definitely the classiest Duggar wedding we've seen so far, not that the bar was set very high.

Out of everything about this wedding the part that still confounds me is that Jill Rodrigues teased the wedding date, which given the secrecy surrounding everything, almost definitely means that someone intentionally invited her. I had always assumed she was more of a fame-whore hanger-on and only came to weddings with semi-public invitations/announcements.

16 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

This is from Pickles FB. I think she looks like the girl in the white shirt. Whoever she is. 

13892373_967253693373440_504809975656156801_n.jpg

I think these are Vuolo cousins. The pic is from their July trip to New Jersey. I saw two girls in a pic posted here from the family traveling in flannel. I think these could be the same girls. 

1 minute ago, rosaline said:

Alternate theory on the bridesmaid dress theme: they look like various jewel tones to me.

"WE..are the Crystal Gems!" 

:pb_lol:

*couldn't resist referencing Steven U, but yes you could be right.

10 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Yeah, much better than Jill's Vanity/Rue21 green dresses. Jinger picked some great colors for her maids and I am loving the 'Vineyard' theme. 

Also glad to see Jinger at least pulled her hair back, she truly does look happy. I hope Jeremy keeps it that way too. Who knows maybe since he is more worldly he won't push Jing for sex tonight and be more concerned about truly just enjoying kissing for now.

are we talking Martha's Vineyard or vineyard because they are wine colors

either way I like 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

are we talking Martha's Vineyard or vineyard because they are wine colors

either way I like 

I believe the latter. If it was MV-themed, I would think we would see more nautical/preppy details.

28 minutes ago, nst said:

glad you brought this up - because I don't follow Lawson but obviously a - he either wants attention or something did happen and he konws something or this is what he does....

any Lawson followers - details would be great 

is he a spurned man or an attention seeker

It seems like after anything significant is announced concerning Jinger he would release these really strange tweets, saying stuff he usually doesn't discuss. For example, after her courtship was announced, he tweeted things like "time always tells" and “things aren’t always what they seem.” When they announced her engagement he tweeted "the truth matters." Today, he's had some mysterious tweets like "If you saw me last night & I was a lil out of sorts, srry; It was quite a day," and right after her wedding photos were released he tweeted "As long as you're comparing, you'll never be content." Coincidence, you be the judge. But like many are sensing, I feel that something is wrong. They are very ambiguous tweets. Whether he's talking about going against Jeremy, especially in the "things aren't always what they seem" tweet (like as he knows something bad about Jeremy and is worried about Jinger) or something else, it's all really sketchy.

23 minutes ago, srosieb827 said:

Jeremy looks fantastic.  I think one of the things the two of them have bonded over is fashion.  I know the multiple patterns and brown shoes may be a negative to some of you, but it's really very fashion forward on trend with what men are wearing right now.

Thanks for this. Exactly what I was thinking. I like the mixed patterns a lot. And the brown shoes with blue suit. (But maybe because my husband tends to do both of these things...ha!)

And all the talk of wedding theme....harvest, gem stones, etc....

I didn't realize one needed to have a "theme" or whatever for a wedding. Is this a newer trend? Maybe I am just out of the loop. I was married a decade ago. No theme. Just picked some colors we liked and used them for dresses/decorations.

17 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think these are Vuolo cousins. The pic is from their July trip to New Jersey. I saw two girls in a pic posted here from the family traveling in flannel. I think these could be the same girls. 

Oh my Thor!!! 

It IS Toothless and the Terrible Terrors.. Jinger watch How to train your dragon its a GREAT movie!! :kitty-cussing:

Sorry HTTYD nerd spazz over now. But seriously best non Disney/pixar animation in my mind. 

33 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Like the dress, its very Jinger. Does seems to have a weird placement of the lace across the shoulders, like its added on to a strapless neckline. 

Zooming in while on my phone the lace appears solid from sleeves down to the torso through everything visible. No seams or anything. My guess would be if any modifications were done that maybe it was an illusion neckline and a layer was added underneath to cover the upper chest/collarbone area. You can kinda see what may be the outline of a sweetheart neckline under the lace.

Maybe I'm just getting too old or behind the times, but I can't decide what bothers me more - bridesmaid dresses that are all the same color but different styles, or ones that are all different colors but the same style. Perhaps it's just my OCD that can't come to terms with these new wedding trends.

Oddly, I'm not at all bothered by the many different patterns going on in Jeremy's clothes. His suit looks sharp and tailored.

Also, I can't wait for better pictures of Jinger's dress. The top part looks altered to me but the rest seems nice.

1 minute ago, donnal said:

Zooming in while on my phone the lace appears solid from sleeves down to the torso through everything visible. No seams or anything. My guess would be if any modifications were done that maybe it was an illusion neckline and a layer was added underneath to cover the upper chest/collarbone area. You can kinda see what may be the outline of a sweetheart neckline under the lace.

I actually believe it's the outline of her bra tbh.  I don't think the dress lays funny at all, she's kind of standing at a weird angle for pictures, but it's a bateau neckline and it's not skin tight (nor should it be).  Honestly it fits her quite well.  That's just the style. I would be money this wasn't altered to be modest. 

This is a dress I own, and I didn't alter it to be modest...

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.17.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.17.21 AM.png

16 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It seems like after anything significant is announced concerning Jinger he would release these really strange tweets, saying stuff he usually doesn't discuss. For example, after her courtship was announced, he tweeted things like "time always tells" and “things aren’t always what they seem.” When they announced her engagement he tweeted "the truth matters." Today, he's had some mysterious tweets like "If you saw me last night & I was a lil out of sorts, srry; It was quite a day," and right after her wedding photos were released he tweeted "As long as you're comparing, you'll never be content." Coincidence, you be the judge. But like many are sensing, I feel that something is wrong. They are very ambiguous tweets. Whether he's talking about going against Jeremy, especially in the "things aren't always what they seem" tweet (like as he knows something bad about Jeremy and is worried about Jinger) or something else, it's all really sketchy.

It seems like there was something between Jinger and Lawson. It might have been as simple as flirty eyes and longer conversations, but in their world that is a big step. Lawson could have even asked Jim Bob about courting or pre-courting (a special friends) relationship with Jinger. She might have been interested... then Jessa pushed her towards Jeremy. Jinger compared the two and changed her mind going on to have flirty eyes and long conversations with Jeremy. Lawson was obviously hurt. First love and first heartbreak.    

2 hours ago, nst said:

lasagna with a Caesar salad 

That's the first course of a dinner.  No way to know if it's from the wedding.

I think Jeremy had a big hand in this wedding.  From his first photos I thought he had nice taste in clothes and was far more sophisticated than his B-in-laws.  He's from New York, he's been a pro player lived abroad and experimented with alcohol and sex.

I think he didn't want this to be anything like JB's other skin flint weddings.   I suspect he told Jinger he wanted a beautiful, traditional wedding...no parking lot food, no bare feet, no root beer, melted ice cream and appalling finger food.  Something they could look back on and be horrified by.  The Jaguar was a nice touch and I'll bet if it was a rental car they're going to be pissed as hell if it's been damaged or stinks. 

It's my guess that when they return from the honeymoon he will no longer be so concerned about agreeing to what JB thinks.  I'm going to guess that in the future, down in Laredo, he will encourage Jinger to wear more normal, modest bathing suits and slacks.  I'll bet he teaches her to dance, however modestly.  I really don't think he wants a frumpy wife in long skirts, layer of shirts and helmet hair. 

I think she's really flying the coop.  I would like to think that Jeremy really loves her and would like to see her blossom away from her family. 

Hooray for both of them!!

In addition to picking a great dress and hairstyle, I think Jinger did a good job of choosing a color scheme that matched the church (or vice versa). I remember Jill's wedding photos looked really gray because the church was gray and so were the men's suits. And Jessa's navy and coral color scheme didn't at all match the pale green and dark red colors of the church. But Jinger's jewel tones will look great in this church!

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.20.57 AM.png

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived