IGNORED

The book what Lori wrote: The Power of a Transformed Wife Pt2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@usmcmom, don't forget the part where the military wants us to meet height/weight standards OR ELSE.  Lori would approve of that, I think.  (BTW, I'm overweight by Army standards because I weigh - wait for it - 153 pounds, and I'm 5'3''.)

16 minutes ago, Koala said:

I still can't get over the fact that she went from "Youtube is not for me", to "Here's my first Youtube video" in the span of 8 hours.

I'm sure it's only because her fans begged her.

After a stressful day working on school assignments I hesitated to click on the Lori Alexander is a Moron thread because she is so aggravating. But WOWIE ZOWIE!  I am so glad I clicked.  Marine CORE?!  :pb_lol: :pb_lol: :pb_lol:  I'm dying.  <---- All that after I was done being offended on my husband's, dad's, and uncle's behalf.  

Lori is such a dip.

Stress gone.

Sometimes you just have to stick your tongue out at the devil, and sell your book for cheap:

I can tell that Satan is very angry about this book, therefore, my response will be to shout for JOY! :) I am selling it for $12 with free shipping.

Way to keep humble Lori.  :pb_lol:

Her book is so powerful that it's gone and made Satan "very angry"! 

And you know what happens when Satan gets angry...negative Amazon reviews.

Lord.Have.Mercy.

I love my title is now "tits2" as I have been reading Lori's awful book. :pb_lol:

2nd I checked Amazon, their price is the same (I wouldn't buy directly from Lori because I like to stay anonymous to her. And now the reviews are at  49% 2 star or 1 star and 51% 5 star or 4 star. Too bad the harassed lady didn't keep her review up, the votes would have been even. As for verified purchase reviews there are 7 reviews. 3 1-star and 4-5 stars.

On a side note, I need to burn some leaves this weekend, I think the book will make it into the pile. I don't want anyone else to pick it up.

9 minutes ago, Koala said:

Sometimes you just have to stick your tongue out at the devil, and sell your book for cheap:

Way to keep humble Lori.  :pb_lol:

Her book is so powerful that it's gone and made Satan "very angry"! 

And you know what happens when Satan gets angry...negative Amazon reviews.

Lord.Have.Mercy.

I'll just keep waiting until it's on Amazon's free list.  Then I won't read it, ever.

Why, oh why can't she come up with a productive hobby like sewing, knitting, or ceramics?  Or why can't ol' Kenzo  take away her computer??

In today's post, Lori seems to think "dogmatic" is a compliment.

She reminds us that feminism, working outside the home, and self pity are all satanic. For bonus points, she mentions the Duggars.

I'm pretty sure that Lori's dream job-but-it-isn't-really-a-job-because-that-would-be-satanic is to have the Duggar girls come to her for teaching about how to be a good wife and mother.

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

In today's post, Lori seems to think "dogmatic" is a compliment.

She reminds us that feminism, working outside the home, and self pity are all satanic. For bonus points, she mentions the Duggars.

I'm pretty sure that Lori's dream job-but-it-isn't-really-a-job-because-that-would-be-satanic is to have the Duggar girls come to her for teaching about how to be a good wife and mother.

Isn't it just ducky how the fundie world thinks the Duggars sport halos?  Oy vey.

Just now, Granwych said:

Isn't it just ducky how the fundie world thinks the Duggars sport halos?  Oy vey.

"Ducky"? Not exactly the word I was thinking, but we can go with that. :my_biggrin:

It's as if the Joshgates never happened.

9 minutes ago, Granwych said:

and in the next breath they will state the priests that molested children are the anti-Christ.

Oy vey for sure.

Just read this on another blog.   I like it!

"The Protestant minister who did pre-marital counseling with my sister and her husband explained Ephesians 5:21-32 thusly: Say a married couple is buying a car. The husband wants a green car, and the wife wants a brown car. Saint Paul says the wife needs to let the husband decide which color car to buy. And Saint Paul says the husband needs to decide to buy a brown car."

https://blessedisshe.net/ephesians-521-for-feisty-gals/?mc_cid=41495bed5e&mc_eid=9b6016bea6

2 hours ago, Colby said:

"The Protestant minister who did pre-marital counseling with my sister and her husband explained Ephesians 5:21-32 thusly: Say a married couple is buying a car. The husband wants a green car, and the wife wants a brown car. Saint Paul says the wife needs to let the husband decide which color car to buy. And Saint Paul says the husband needs to decide to buy a brown car."

https://blessedisshe.net/ephesians-521-for-feisty-gals/?mc_cid=41495bed5e&mc_eid=9b6016bea6

That's kind of how it works in my house...I like it! 

3 hours ago, Colby said:

That's cool, but it's too roundabout for me. Here's how it works in my house:

Spouse 1: Why do you want a brown car? How important is it to you?

Spouse 2: No pressure, but. . . it's been my lifelong dream since I was a child. What about you? Why do you want a green car?

Spouse 1: Dunno, thought it'd kind of match the mailbox. . . 

Spouse 2: We need to buy a new mailbox anyway. How about if we buy a brown one? Then things would match.

Spouse 1: Great!.

In other words, we make our decisions based on who feels the most strongly, or care the most. You also communicate and learn stuff about the other spouse that way (like about their strange interest in having things match).

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

In other words, we make our decisions based on who feels the most strongly, or care the most. 

Exactly!  100%

My husband and I have been together going on 20 years, and this principle has served us well.  
99% of the time we want the same thing.  The small fraction of the time we don't, we apply the "whoever it's most important to" rule.

With the car-  Well, who's going to be driving it?  If it's going to be primarily mine?  I pick.  His? He picks.  If we're sharing?  We pick a color we both like.  In a scenario where he's ALWAYS dreamed of a red sports car because it's what he had when we were teenagers?  Well, I'd make it my goal to find him a red sports car.  When I tell him I need 3rd row seating?  He takes my word for it, even though his dream SUV only offers two rows.

It's not nearly as hard as fundies make it out to be.  When Ken was here he said they had to settle on him making the choice because MAN a few times a week.  I was stunned.  What the hell are these people arguing about?  

All of that to say, the idea that he has the right to make the final decision, but he'll be a dear and make one that makes me happy, is not something I am comfortable with.  I've heard the old, "he may be the head, but his wife's the neck", and I think it's bullshit.  Being born a male doesn't give you the right to make the final decision, and it doesn't make you head of anything.  

I also think it's revolting to paint women as masters of deception who influence their stupid husbands into doing what they want them to do, all the while making them think it's their choice.  You know...things like telling them you will continue working until you (as a couple) decided to have a second child, and then sabotaging your birth control on the sly.  

These people destroy their marriages trying to uphold the standards of patriarchy.  

It all makes me so very grateful for my husband.   

agreed @Hisey & @Koala!

eating out is an issue for us. My stomach is more sensitive than his. So I learned to say, ok not Mexican or Chinese and then we narrow it down from there. Or he will say, no fast food or I am looking for wings so then we narrow it down and decide based on who can give him good wings and me something else (I don't eat wings- unless they are the fried wing dings with no sauce- love me some fried chicken!)

Get with it fundies, it really isn't that hard to be husband and wife over the little stuff*!

*Yes I think car color and restaurant picking etc are the little stuff

My marriage is like the picture of apathy compared to what they portray.

Him: Want to go out to dinner tonight? 
Me: Yeah, maybe. What are you in the mood for? 
Him: I dunno. I just wanted to get away.
Me: Okay. How's that one Mexican place on main sound? 
Him: Fine by me. Let me change outta my uniform real quick.

OR.
Me: Nah, I kinda just want to veg. Otherwise, I'd have to put actual pants on (instead of the whorish yoga pants I'd be wearing -- you know). What about Chinese delivery?
Him: Ooooh, that sounds even better. I can get those rib things and chicken-on-a-stick (neither of which is actually Chinese, but he loves them, so whatever). Let's see what's On Demand! 

Oh hey, you know what that is? THAT IS CALLED COMPATIBILITY! 

As far as car color-picking, I am not sure either of us actually gives a hoot. Is it a reliable model? Is it affordable? Will it fit him (he's tall)? Will it fit our family? Okay, then! Sold! 

The thing that boggles me the most about fundies is their insistence that marriage is soooo hard. That it's a hard, never ended, unrelenting, daily struggle threatened constantly by Satan, woman's sin and predatory women in thongs and/or yoga pants.

Well, I guess it is -- if like Lori you married someone you weren't attracted to and with whom you argued all the time even before marriage.  And I guess it's hard if as a wife you're trying to turn yourself into a submissive doormat with no mind of your own to fit some patriarchy plan. And I guess it is hard if sex is only about his pleasure, and the wife is just there to be used.

But fundies forget the most important thing about marriage (or any long term relationship) -- it's about love, bound up with respect and friendship. You know -- those sinful emotions.  Mutual love between two people who freely choose to be together.   When you really love someone you want to make him/her happy --- this works for men and women -- and you want to keep your relationship going along smoothly. 

When you want to make someone happy, compromise and decision making are easy because each of you is willing to do what the other wants or at least listen with an open mind.  You meet in the middle, decide *together* what works best for the 2 of you and go from there.  Not saying people in love never argue, because we do, but love gets you through *alot*.  I say this as someone married for over 20 years -- happily I think.  Certainly happier than LoriKen seem to be.

Of all the married couples I've ever known (incl my inlaws) the ones who constantly argued, nit-picked and had passive aggressive fits were the ones where the partners admitted outside of the others hearing that they didn't love the other one, possibly never had, and married and stayed married for....... reasons. None of which were love

45 minutes ago, polecat said:

My marriage is like the picture of apathy compared to what they portray.

Him: Want to go out to dinner tonight? 
Me: Yeah, maybe. What are you in the mood for? 
Him: I dunno. I just wanted to get away.
Me: Okay. How's that one Mexican place on main sound? 
Him: Fine by me. Let me change outta my uniform real quick.

OR.
Me: Nah, I kinda just want to veg. Otherwise, I'd have to put actual pants on (instead of the whorish yoga pants I'd be wearing -- you know). What about Chinese delivery?
Him: Ooooh, that sounds even better. I can get those rib things and chicken-on-a-stick (neither of which is actually Chinese, but he loves them, so whatever). Let's see what's On Demand! 

Oh hey, you know what that is? THAT IS CALLED COMPATIBILITY! 

As far as car color-picking, I am not sure either of us actually gives a hoot. Is it a reliable model? Is it affordable? Will it fit him (he's tall)? Will it fit our family? Okay, then! Sold! 

I am relived that there are other "normal" couples out there.  Cause we are so doing Chinese tonight.  We needed something easy so we won't be distracted from gluing our asses to the news...election results, you know.

In other news, how do single fundies hear Lori's story and not run screaming at the idea of a lifetime tethered to a "command man" (who's a complete asshole, like Michael Pearl), or a "Mr. Visionary" (who's too heavenly minded to worry about silly things such as running water and electricity, like Michael Pearl's son-in-law)?  I mean seriously, they make marriage sound about as appealing as a root canal.  At least the root canal is over in a few hours.  10 minutes and some lube has the potential to last a lifetime.

I think "Mr. Steady" is a code word for "Mr. Reasonably Minded Person", and they only seem to apply that one, when they are trying to insult someone.  "Oh, well you must be married to a "Mr. Steady".  My husband is a godly "Command Man", and he'd never stand for such foolishness."

From the comments of her military post:

Are your sons in the military. Bear in mind, someone has to defend us, and not enough young men are stepping forward. They are letting women defend them.

Lori:

That has nothing to do with it. It has to do with being politically correct and feminism getting their rights and being “equal” with men in every way.

Nope.  Her sons aren't in the military, and neither was Ken.  Silly!  She wasn't saying that they want to do the work....just that she wants to decide who can't do the work.

Then there's this one"

Also, the military involves being away for extended periods of time. I wouldn’t be crazy about my man being shut up on a submarine for months with women. Women have been known to come off those subs pregnant and not even know who the “baby daddy” is. My cousin was in the Navy. It happens.

Lori:

Of course it happens. Men and women are physically attracted to each other. 

It comes down to maturity I think. My kids argue over every imaginable thing. Who gets the pink cup. Who had more dessert. Who gets breakfast first (Spoiler: the same person who got breakfast first yesterday and that is NOT FAIR). Who can sit on the soft chair. Who should get the blame for common household disasters. 

Children need an authority structure in place to deal with that. (I don't care your sister always gets the pink cup!!!! Your milk tastes the same from a green cup. And if you don't quit whining now, you can go up to your room! Or you know what, I'll  just burn the &-&#%*& cup! Ok ok I won't. I won't ok? Just stop crying!!!! Here, an ice cream for both if you. Now go play outside nicely) You expect kids to grow out of that by age 16 or so.

Now we believed when we got married that DH should have the final say in conflicts we could not resolve. A decade and a half later we are still waiting  for that to happen. Conclusion, loving adults do not need an authority structure between them. 

Now, now, Ken and the boys can't be joining that evil military where they might have to work with hussies and take orders from women... but remember, they play sports and that's just as good preparation for war!

I'm surprised she hasn't latched onto the case where a baby was born ON THE SHIP (apparently the Navy does not currently require women to have a pregnancy test before deployment prep (involves immunizations) and before actually shipping out).

Archived