IGNORED

Teen Says She's Pregnant with Baby Jesus

IreneIssh

I saw this was trending on facebook this morning: 

It's a pretty bizarre watch, for sure. I just wanted to hear all your thoughts. It's pretty obvious to me this young lady has some mental health issues, but I thought it was a pretty interesting story nonetheless. 

Wow.  I think good ole Dr Phil might have bitten off than he wants to chew with this one... Whoooeee.

I'm getting shades of Dede and her never ending pregnancy here. I wonder what's going to happen to this girl mentally and emotionally when she doesn't give birth at the expected time.

I find this to be very bizarre. From the ultrasound it's obvious that she's not pregnant. There may be something else wrong with her and I think she needs to be thoroughly checked for hormonal and other issues. Her belly is significantly swollen as far as I can tell, and she seems so unbelievably convinced she's pregnant it's hard to believe that she's not. There may be something wrong with her causing the hallucinations and psychosomatic symptoms, something else than just the moving bowels that the doctors said were at fault for her belly issues. I find the way the family and Dr. Phil talked to her  very condescending. This girl needs both mental and physical help asap. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Pretzel said:

I find this to be very bizarre. From the ultrasound it's obvious that she's not pregnant. There may be something else wrong with her and I think she needs to be thoroughly checked for hormonal and other issues. Her belly is significantly swollen as far as I can tell, and she seems so unbelievably convinced she's pregnant it's hard to believe that she's not. There may be something wrong with her causing the hallucinations and psychosomatic symptoms, something else than just the moving bowels that the doctors said were at fault for her belly issues. I find the way the family and Dr. Phil talked to her  very condescending. This girl needs both mental and physical help asap. 

What? Dr. Phil was condescending? Get outta here. 

I found this case to be really interesting. I definitely agree that Dr. Phil bit off more than he could chew.

Never thought those three tags would ever be on one post.

Loweredy-Loo.

Clinton Is My Father, Eminem Is My Father and I Am Pregnant With Jesus....  I'll be in bed til ya'll figure this shit out.

http://kfiam640.iheart.com/onair/kfi-on-the-pulse-55925/girl-thinks-shes-eminems-daughter-15297143/

I understand how validating  it would feel to be a family member to have other people finally understand what they are dealing with on a daily basis with her as your sister. I can't help but to be annoyed by the girl's sister smirking repeatedly. The girl clearly has issues with cognitive dissonance among other mental issues. I don't understand why they brought her to the dr. phil show. How is bringing her on televisiom to be a day time freak show going to help anything? If she struggles that much to comprehend opposing facts to her delusions, Dr. Phil can't help that. How much money did her momma make off of this appearance?

20 hours ago, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

I understand how validating  it would feel to be a family member to have other people finally understand what they are dealing with on a daily basis with her as your sister. I can't help but to be annoyed by the girl's sister smirking repeatedly. The girl clearly has issues with cognitive dissonance among other mental issues. I don't understand why they brought her to the dr. phil show. How is bringing her on televisiom to be a day time freak show going to help anything? If she struggles that much to comprehend opposing facts to her delusions, Dr. Phil can't help that. How much money did her momma make off of this appearance?

I'm always baffled as to why people go on these shows. From what I've read, people generally aren't paid for appearances on Dr. Phil, but I could be wrong. I think some people see it as a last resort, which I think says a lot about access to mental health services in this country. 

2 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

I'm always baffled as to why people go on these shows. From what I've read, people generally aren't paid for appearances on Dr. Phil, but I could be wrong. I think some people see it as a last resort, which I think says a lot about access to mental health services in this country. 

Once upon a time in the dark ages of the early 90's, I kinda-sorta in the small-town grapevine way, knew someone who was on a reality show.

He did not exactly 'confess' because, non-disclosures and all that, but he and his other acting-student friends got their tickets out to LA and a hotel stay and a few days out there out of it.  And there was some 'nudge nudge, wink wink' about 'well, we want you to tell the truth, but if you confess undying love for both girls...that would be stellar TV acting'

So a resume item (kinda) for the acting world and a 'free' college student budget vacation.

(he just had the bad/good luck that an underclassman from his H.S. with a VCR went "wait, is that X?" and hit record, so we all watched and picked apart his performance in a drama club meeting the next week :-)

2 hours ago, dawbs said:

he and his other acting-student friends got their tickets out to LA and a hotel stay and a few days out there out of it.  

Yes, this! I had a relative show up on a talk show in the early 90s. I went to the taping.  Relative had a nice long weekend in LA and life changing TV footage for the parents to watch later.   Ick.

i watched this episode and I honestly think this girl has serious, severe mental issues. I don't think this is for attention. It was just plain sad.

Both episodes are on YouTube if you're curious.

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

i watched this episode and I honestly think this girl has serious, severe mental issues. I don't think this is for attention. It was just plain sad.

Both episodes are on YouTube if you're curious.

So what is that Dr. Phil like. Was I wrong? I saw snippets, as I said, and I think the girl would've needed psychotherapy and close medical observation more than she needed an appearance on national TV. 

4 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

So what is that Dr. Phil like. Was I wrong? I saw snippets, as I said, and I think the girl would've needed psychotherapy and close medical observation more than she needed an appearance on national TV. 

Personally, I think he does decent work. He has a lot of relationships with fantastic psychotherapy centers, rehab facilities, etc., and he pays for all of them. He did offer to send her for serious help, but only time will tell if she goes.

Are there any updates on this one?  Does she have a blog? (ashamed I typed that and scared for the result)

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2016 at 3:50 PM, Geechee Girl said:

I'd be interested in an update, too. Was the whole family offered treatment? 

I tried to find out more but didn't have much luck. I hope they're all in treatment. 

Archived