IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

I think it is really unhygienic to sleep with "street clothes". Would not expect anything less from folks who think that chickenetti are a healthy meal :my_rolleyes:

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Londish said:

Is it possible that getting the young children ready for bed was likely the responsibility of the sister moms, it was just easier to not worry about changing them for bed? I imagine it would be hard enough as teenagers/young girls to wrangle that many kids into bed without also worrying about changing them. And maybe it just became habit? I realize this is more about the younger kids not wearing PJ's, the older kids could have easily gotten themselves ready for bed. In every end, it really goes back to Michelle's laziness.

You have to wonder if Michelle had say 6 or 7 kids and she had to be responsible for everyone of them everyday, you know, like we are, I bet there would not have been 19. I would say more like maybe 8 to 10kids before she would say ENOUGH. Of course this is the fantasy that she would be the sole caregiver along with JB. Yeah, right, like that would happen.

If I stay overnight anywhere with tightly tucked in bedclothes, my first job is to untuck!

Wriggle room is required. Also a comfy fleecy blanket/ throw to pull over the Duvet for chilly nights.

When the Duggars were visiting Edinburgh a few Duggerlings were filmed asleep on the staircase in their hotel suite. Fully clothed. They must have felt awful after waking up.

Duggar parents should at the very least have squashed every one onto a bed to lie down properly. Even JILL does that!!

16 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Why wouldn't you have guessed Nebraska?

We get pretty hot and humid here in the summer. We actually turn off the humidifier and have to turn on a dehumidifer in our basement during the summer months. For whatever reason, our house can't seem to be in a good range for humidity. It's annoying. Our bills are pretty high (probably? Not really sure what other people pay) but I don't mind paying for comfort.

I visited a friend in Lincoln, NE, in July, years ago. Holy hell it was hot, and so muggy. We had tornado watches, as I remember, two- three times in two weeks.

18 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

Any chance someone who has been able to watch the past few seasons of Duggar-TV can put some context down for me with this picture? A friend showed it to me and now I'm curious.......

IMG_1132.PNG

This is not a screen grab from anything that aired. 

That photo is weird and creepy. But also perfectly highlights the smugness of Josh and robot/slave role of his sisters. It gives me rage, I want to slap him, and shake some sense into Jill. I can barely look at the photo, but at same time, oddly fascinated by it and can't stop looking at it.

Can anyone place this photo on a timeline? Pre-scandal ? pre- Jill getting married? I can't imagine it being current situation, especially since Jill should be tending to Derick and Izzy now. If it is relatively current, I guess that blows the theory of Josh being a family black sheep.

I thought the very same, @Imaginary_Wonderland but I wanted to be sure of context before I started assuming. I am now even more curious as to the origin of this photo, let alone why it's on a seemingly-fan IG page.

And the location of the photo is interesting, too. Some sort of basement, but has the metal ribbed sheeting for walls.....and a very basic staircase.....

Actually, now that I am perusing that IG account a bit more, I can't seem to place if it's a true fan page or a snark page. Check out the pic of Jeremy (?) taking a garter off some woman that is NOT Jinger!

1 hour ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

That photo is weird and creepy. But also perfectly highlights the smugness of Josh and robot/slave role of his sisters. It gives me rage, I want to slap him, and shake some sense into Jill. I can barely look at the photo, but at same time, oddly fascinated by it and can't stop looking at it.

Can anyone place this photo on a timeline? Pre-scandal ? pre- Jill getting married? I can't imagine it being current situation, especially since Jill should be tending to Derick and Izzy now. If it is relatively current, I guess that blows the theory of Josh being a family black sheep.

oh ugh :my_sick: what a jerk...I'd bet it was taken pre-scandal, his face is not so round now, and he looks scruffier...Jill was thinner overall in that picture, and her hair shorter, so I'd guess it was taken before her wedding, but possibly not before his...

she should've poured whatever's in that can in his lap, hope it was good and cold :my_biggrin:

16 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

Mattress cover, (bed sack)  fitted bottom sheet, extra size top sheet, well tucked in, thermal or fleece blanket, comforter. 2 pillows each, each with pillow protector and nice pillowcase. We keep our bedroom quite cool, and I like at least a sheet and comforter even in summer.  I used to have a few decorative pillows, but don't have the energy to deal with them. 

I don't personally know any  middle class people who don't have at least 2 sheets and a blanket on every bed. 

Even on  the kid's bunkbeds I TRY to keep them all made up with the full complement of  beding.

I grew up working class and I always had a fitted sheet, top sheet and blanket. When they went in the wash, there were other sheets to go on, so I didn't have just one set.

I really hope the young boy they are fostering has his own bed. In some areas, you cannot foster a kid if they do not have their own ROOM let alone bed.

I don't know, he is standing awfully close to the girl on the left. Like, actually LEANING towards her.

mmmmm i don't know they are really close, maybe is just me but i have the feeling that somethin is going on...they kneed something to keep the show on after joy'wedding that will be season 3

5 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

And the location of the photo is interesting, too. Some sort of basement, but has the metal ribbed sheeting for walls.....and a very basic staircase.....

Could it be in the shed, and those are the stairs up to Ben's bachelor pad?

I've seen the photo of Josh and Jill before. Trying to remember if Josh was in the 'dinner theatre party' the kids had for JB and Michelle and if this was part of that?

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I've seen the photo of Josh and Jill before. Trying to remember if Josh was in the 'dinner theatre party' the kids had for JB and Michelle and if this was part of that?

Yes, he was part of that. Or was involved with filming-

Wow, a gazzilion pages about the pros and cons of top sheets and nobody gave my reason! I LOVE slightly higher thread count in my sheets and have many lovely duvet covers left in good condition from my pre-sheet-thread-count-snob-days. No way am I throwing them out and no WAY am I going back to non higher thread count luxury! :content:

Back to the Duggars. I wonder if the other reason that only girls got covers for the beds is because females are delicate petals and males are manly men who don't need any of that namby-pamby comfort nonsense!?

All I can say about Smug is get off your own lazy arse and get the drink yourself. Jill, you do not have to get it for him.

Crud I stuck up for Jill again, ick!

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Wasn't that dinner party thing in the TTH, not the shed?

I keep looking at the picture and the girl does not look like Jill to me, but of course, I have been known to be wrong, but only once.

10 hours ago, goldengrove said:

oh ugh :my_sick: what a jerk...I'd bet it was taken pre-scandal, his face is not so round now, and he looks scruffier...Jill was thinner overall in that picture, and her hair shorter, so I'd guess it was taken before her wedding, but possibly not before his...

she should've poured whatever's in that can in his lap, hope it was good and cold :my_biggrin:

Basement/garage of the DC place? Remember, the main living space in that house was on the second floor. 

9 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Is this a real courtship or was the "cute couple" comment just a joke?

fdas.png

The sad part is this photo looks like 100 I've seen before. You know the girlfriend and boyfriend after a football game. Next year will be different partners but the same picture. A Duggar kid does it and we see a walk down the aisle. 

Did anyone else see the photo on the Duggar"s instagram of Jana decorating the gate to the property .  Does that girl have to do everything ?!?!

Are boys who aren't even 18 yet allowed to court, or is Boob now going the Michael Seewald route and letting his sons "get to know" girls before they are legal? Because I think that's Jeremiah, right? I always mess the boy twins up, especially since Jer kept the shorter hair - I preferred the longer curls - after this stint at ALERT earlier this year. 

eta: The boy twins are HUUUUUUGE objects of tween/teen leghumper affection on social media. Not much love for Josiah, Joe, or JD. Or even the ones who are more in thier own age bracket like Jason or James. 

And to totally change tacks, I forgot that JB said this. Is this where Jill got her "2/3 of all families" statistic from? Her own homechurch? 

12347666_556754547825895_7736428256528986588_n.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived