IGNORED

When one door closes

Shadoewolf

Its been a very rough few weeks. After being gone for 2 weeks when my mom passed, hubby nearly killing himself in the throes of a manic episode, and facing eviction, I was at breaking point with stress. I happened to be in the kitchen when Jake (6 month old bully breed) decided to outright attack our cat Smokey. Luckily Smokey is ok, but between that and him taking a good snap at my 16 year old, that was it. He was sent to a bully rescue for rehab and rehoming. We were all pretty sad.

Fast forward 2 nights ago to a frantic post on Craigslist asking for help. Puppies left in a dumpster in the inner city. It was cold and rainy and like 11 at night. Hubby and I responded, only to find 2 TINY little pups, covered in fleas and lethargic. The local rescue helped out, weighing them and giving us high calorie wet food to mix in their milk.  We have 2 little girls, about 2.5 weeks old. One is black, the smaller of the two, we've named her Raven. The other is all white with one black spot on her ear, calling her Storm. Eyes are just barely open and they don't walk too well but so far so good! These are the youngest puppies we have ever rescued. They've had 2 Dawn baths and vet checked them today, they've each gained a few ounces and are pottying without help. My lil ladies have a long road but we're committed!

Good luck with your pups! If you post pictures I'm sure they'll gain a devoted following just like @Imrlgoddess's Thor did. 

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Made our own puppy formula and wet food (more like...sludge) today.

And now...

20161030_221950.jpg

20161031_010620.jpg

20161103_163332.jpg

Oh, they are adorable! Thank you for taking these two sweet babies in and helping them.

Sleepy puppy cuddles are so precious! :text-thankyouyellow: for posting the pictures

they're adorable!!! Good luck with them. I think you're fantastic for rescuing those sweet babies. 

Cuz I think we can all use a little dose of cute today..

We are off of bottle feeds, the girls are eating mush out of bowls (and make an epic mess in the process) and are sleeping more than 3 hours at a time finally! They have gained about a pound and a half each and got dewormed over the weekend. We start indoor harness and leash training next week.

20161105_121616.jpg

20161105_121445.jpg

It should be illegal to be so cute! I love their little triangle ears!

Raven and Storm are now 4-5 weeks old, weighing in at 6.5 lbs each. They have full run of the kitchen and are starting to scamper and play. The animal adoption center gave us a huge bag of puppy food which I was SO grateful for! And of course now they know the sound of a spoon clanging on their metal dish means food so they come running. They're still kind of snuggly and wanting to be held but less often. When Hubby gets home Storm will sit at the baby gate and whine until he acknowledges her. We put their harnesses on for the first time today, just to get them used to wearing it. They didn't even seem to notice.

20161116_232525.jpg

OMG! OMG!  Why did it take me so long to see this post of cuteness?  They are outrageously adorable, and you are wonderful for taking them in.  

• 4 weeks later...

Update! The puppies are now 9 weeks old.

Storm was adopted by my ex-brother-in-law and his family. She has befriended their dog Bear. They say she's about 20lbs and doing very well with potty training.

Raven is still with us, a little leaner than her sister but very active with a lot of personality. She starts training classes after the first of the year.

123_1.jpeg

20161217_224911.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Raven has been lonely so we recently brought home Remy. Now 10 weeks old, Aussie Shepherd saved from death row in Ohio. 

20170104_013105.jpg

Archived