• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Davia is my kind of girl. 

Pris- You want to see the animals? 

Davia- NO! 

Davia... You're my spirit animal. 

Lol to be fair I think she was saying no to her removing her pacifier. Still they have to be top 5 awkward fundie families. I always liked Priscilla and feel she's like my sister who is naturally sweet. I just really cannot stand how pecan uses her as a tool to become a leader. I really feel if her sister didn't have a reality show, he wouldn't have been interested.

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Davia is my kind of girl. 

Pris- You want to see the animals? 

Davia- NO! 

Davia... You're my spirit animal. 

#FreeDavia. I feel like she could be Free Jinger's Mascot.

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

14 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

Well, when Gothard tells you that you need to suppress negative emotions and slap a smile on because he can't jack off to frowny faces, you raise the corners of your mouth as high as you damn well can.

Robert Staddon's Instagram location now is tagged as "International Alert Academy" so I guess the move to Big Sandy has happened. He and Davy can go cowboying together.

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

How to put this nicely ... then Priscilla needs to work on her presentation skills for those videos.

I wish someone could drop her a gentle hint that an agonized and anxious expression, pop eyes, exaggerated facial grimaces, and squeally baby-talk as she seems to struggle to remember her lines do not convey "extra joyful."

She looks and sounds as though she is addressing a roomful of hostile toddlers armed with AK-47s and about to melt-down in public.

I have a soft spot for Priscilla and I don't doubt that she is a lovely person.  However, all that beaming joy you describe would be very irritating for me to be around for long.  Especially knowing what we do about IBLP/ATI.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

How to put this nicely ... then Priscilla needs to work on her presentation skills for those videos.

I wish someone could drop her a gentle hint that an agonized and anxious expression, pop eyes, exaggerated facial grimaces, and squeally baby-talk as she seems to struggle to remember her lines do not convey "extra joyful."

She looks and sounds as though she is addressing a roomful of hostile toddlers armed with AK-47s and about to melt-down in public.

I have a soft spot for Priscilla and I don't doubt that she is a lovely person.  However, all that beaming joy you describe would be very irritating for me to be around for long.  Especially knowing what we do about IBLP/ATI.

You don't 'get it' because you are not fundie. She is like a fundie dog whistle. 

I don't think she is slow, I think that she just is trying too hard to live up to the expectation that she will be this "perfect" fundie wife. This whole thing isn't natural to her and it comes through on the videos. 

To clarify the above, I don't think she is slow either.  I think she's under-educated.  And that she isn't good at public speaking.  Having a slight speech impediment (I have one too) isn't an indication of being slow either.

Always keeping sweet, being "joyful" and at "full on beam" when you are at the top of the hierarchy at ATI and pushed to the fore must be quite a strain too.  Not to mention, the Pecans should be better informed than most about all the IBLP scandals, to say nothing of what Anna has been dealing with.

Priscilla in joy mode is another advertisement for IBLP/ATI.  I think we should remember that  even if we think she is a nice person.

53 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

To clarify the above, I don't think she is slow either.  I think she's under-educated.  And that she isn't good at public speaking.  Having a slight speech impediment (I have one too) isn't an indication of being slow either.

Always keeping sweet, being "joyful" and at "full on beam" when you are at the top of the hierarchy at ATI and pushed to the fore must be quite a strain too.  Not to mention, the Pecans should be better informed than most about all the IBLP scandals, to say nothing of what Anna has been dealing with.

Priscilla in joy mode is another advertisement for IBLP/ATI.  I think we should remember that  even if we think she is a nice person.

The part I bolded makes an excellent point. We don't really know if Priss is doing her best to survive under an unreasonable master, or if she is an eager co-pilot, joyfully spreading her faith to the masses. What we do know is that her whole life is a walking advertisement for a nasty, hateful religion. Let's not give her a complete pass. 

On 31.10.2016 at 10:08 AM, luv2laugh said:

I understand that you're trying to 'defend' Pris a little bit since you know (and like) her personally. However, knowing what we do about ATI/IBLP, I don't understand how you can in all earnest wish to be/act like her. She acts like that because she is expected to act like that; because she is not allowed to express any emotion besides joy; because she has been trained like a dog to not even FEEL (let alone show) anything besides joy. That is not healthy. No person should wish to be like that. I pity her.

On 10/30/2016 at 8:45 PM, Carm_88 said:

#FreeDavia. I feel like she could be Free Jinger's Mascot.

It was even better than that, if you count the action with the pacifier.

Priscilla chats happily with Paul, who seems like a good-natured, goofy kid who believes what his mother says. Then she moves on to Davia.

Priscilla [yanking pacifier out of Davia's mouth without warning or explanation]: "Do you want to see animals?"

Davia: [coldly, staring off in the opposite direction]:  "No."

Priscilla: "Yes!. .. . " [yammers on about Noah's ark. Davia remains silent.]

Davia: [still looking away, cooly reaches for pacifier cord, locates pacifier, and pops it back in her mouth. Never looks at her mother.]

Somewhere here, years back, I saw some video footage of her chatting with Anna in the background of someone else's presentation. When she wasn't in "presentation" mode, she sounded like a normal human being. Wish I could dig this one up!

15 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Hisey Now I'm imagining Davia as Maggie Simpson...

I'm not saying anyone should shoot anyone but.... this made me think of Davia shooting a certain nasty old man in their lives just like Maggie shot mister Burns....

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm not saying anyone should shoot anyone but.... this made me think of Davia shooting a certain nasty old man in their lives just like Maggie shot mister Burns....

If it fits, it fits. #FreeDavia ;) 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:17 PM, HereticHick said:

Robert Staddon's Instagram location now is tagged as "International Alert Academy" so I guess the move to Big Sandy has happened. He and Davy can go cowboying together.

Those kids are cute.

#FreeDavia #FreeSauntina #FreeMerilee #FreeTheKittens

Regarding Pris, she's been raised to keep sweet and behave / speak in a certain manner just like many other fundie women, J'chelle's baby voice is an example.  I have no idea if there are any other issues but unfortunately her particular mannerisms, as she has adopted them, has people wondering if there are.  I also think she's much more uncomfortable doing those videos which puts more pressure on her as she tries to recite her lines and "act" the way PT wants her too.   Personally I think PT is waaayyy into these videos and has no idea that his wife perhaps doesn't have the affinity for "acting" in them.  That's not a criticism or a flaw, not everybody has the ability to act, but it seems that is what he is expecting his wife to do, even if it comes more naturally to him.    Maybe that's why it seems so fake, maybe off screen, so to speak, things are more natural.   

However, I have said it before, PT strikes me as someone who happily skips along his merry way, thinking everything he does is godly somehow, that everyone is going to be A-OK with whatever he decides, with no concern over what it does to others, including his wife and family.  Actually the whole Pecan Heist showed a lot of what Davey is about.  

I just saw they have a new boy named Philip. Davia looks like she is ready to slug someone in  one photo. I imagine she's already doing chores for Mommy--and not in the fun way all little kids like to help.

Robert & Davy at home on the range.....or the irony.

3 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I just saw they have a new boy named Philip. Davia looks like she is ready to slug someone in  one photo. I imagine she's already doing chores for Mommy--and not in the fun way all little kids like to help.

Robert & Davy at home on the range.....or the irony.

Well I doubt very much that TFDW is doing anything. Not now that his BFF is in town, no no! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived