IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock - It's in his Kiss (Shoop Shoop Song)

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, VixenToast said:

own my own house. Which is not liable in even my distant future. I have shit credit and have been evicted so I can't rent from anywhere. I have been living with my friend and her ptsd&bipolar disabled veteran husband, their four kids, and an alarming amount of cockroaches. He had a freak out and is hospitalized and she told me yesterday that she and the kids will be moving to Arizona. Fortunately my mom and aunt are letting my son and I stay with her. It's really depressing and I feel like a total failure at life. Hence, I WANT A FRIGGIN HOUSE OF MY OWN!!!! I'm sure one day :) 

lastly: I want gourmet milkshakes everyday until the day I die. Nommmm. Yummy.

Hope you and your son find a safe place you can call home some day. For now you are making sure he has a roof over his head, that he is with you, and that he is connected to others who care. That is more than many kids have, and several of the families we discuss here could learn from you.

I know obviously nothing about your past, but my best wishes to you both. From experience I can say you get through difficult transitions one day at the time. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Not to defend the Duggars, but I'll play devil's advocate for a moment, and wonder out loud if maybe it's more like, "We don't want paparazzi or protestors at the wedding because of Joshley's heart still stuck in Satan's grasp"-bit.  I mean, every single article I've read since all that went down, has the history of Josh's molestation/Ashley Madison/cheating, in either the beginning of the article, and/or at the end.  And they obviously don't have a problem inviting strangers to their events, so long they're fans.  If the wedding date/venue gets out, there's gotta be at least ONE person who won't care that it's a wedding, and show up hurling all sorts of insults in their directions/hold a sign with God knows what on it/or a paparazzo, who'll have it posted, "Josh's sister weds  - you know, the one who molested five people, including his sisters." (which will only in turn lead to painful speculation about Jinger).

Again, not saying it isn't all about Michelle and JimBob, BUT I'd like to believe there's at least some level of protection behind the decision as well (even if it's just a microscopic amount, in comparison to the other reasons).  Who really knows though!

Considering that Jim Boob and MEchelle thought it was completely OK to continue pimping out their kids' every move both after Josh molested his sisters and after they couldn't cover it up anymore, I doubt they care about protection. They didn't even care about protecting their daughters from Josh.

6 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Bucket list (or super serious happy wish list preceding my doom):

Buy a cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior (Minnesota side). Love that place.

take a good long tour of the U.K. And all associated historical sites pertaining to the Tudors or Plantagenets. *squee!*

own my own house. Which is not liable in even my distant future. I have shit credit and have been evicted so I can't rent from anywhere. I have been living with my friend and her ptsd&bipolar disabled veteran husband, their four kids, and an alarming amount of cockroaches. He had a freak out and is hospitalized and she told me yesterday that she and the kids will be moving to Arizona. Fortunately my mom and aunt are letting my son and I stay with her. It's really depressing and I feel like a total failure at life. Hence, I WANT A FRIGGIN HOUSE OF MY OWN!!!! I'm sure one day :) 

lastly: I want gourmet milkshakes everyday until the day I die. Nommmm. Yummy.

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Hope you and your son find a safe place you can call home some day. For now you are making sure he has a roof over his head, that he is with you, and that he is connected to others who care. That is more than many kids have, and several of the families we discuss here could learn from you.

I know obviously nothing about your past, but my best wishes to you both. From experience I can say you get through difficult transitions one day at the time. 

Not to solely piggy back on foreign fundie, but I wholeheartedly agree.  Take it day by day, and at the end of the day, you're keeping a roof over your son's head, and keeping him safe, and you're a good Mama.  I'm really sorry about your experiences so far (don't hesitate to PM me, I have experience with family members who have mental illness and special needs, and would be happy to be lend an ear for venting).

BUT, please be careful whenever you do buy a house: my husband and I inadvertently bought a money pit in Feb.  We had a home inspection and a FHA appraisal, and neither caught the sinking basement slab under the newly put down carpet (they assumed it was an old drain in the center - it's not!).  So please, just to avoid the legal kind of battle we found ourselves in, if there's anyway you can get a master plumber/electrician in, they'll catch way more things than just a home inspector would (like how we need a electrical panel, or that all the basement plumbing lines need to be replaced).  And go to city hall to see if there's any hits on the address (at least in MN it's public record), had we done that, we would have seen the warnings from the city in regards to work being done on the house without permits (i.e. shotty work done, not by professionals).  Learn from our mistakes hun ~ spare yourself a bunch of crap, and litigation!

^ not trying to scare you off from home ownership, or even imply that our case is the norm (it's not), but just offering advice to anyone considering buying a home :]

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering that Jim Boob and MEchelle thought it was completely OK to continue pimping out their kids' every move both after Josh molested his sisters and after they couldn't cover it up anymore, I doubt they care about protection. They didn't even care about protecting their daughters from Josh.

Fair enough :]

. . . I'll raise the same concern another way then ;]  Is it possible that JEREMY'S the one thinking of all the same things I stated above, and trying to protect Jinger (and himself) from protestors/paparazzi/craziezzz?

Take me with you!!  Please!!!
Isn't George on the Murdoch Mysteries (Artful Detective in the US) from Newfoundland?  

He is! Mr Alba really wants to visit Newfoundland after watching Republic of Doyle, which is set in modern-day St John's in the same fictional universe.

10 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

@Carm_88...November 8 happens to be my birthday. If I end up in hysterics over the definitely unwished for 'gift' of a certain man's election....I may arrive sooner than later. (Not completely certain if I am joking about that.) 

Our first wedding anniversary is the 7th. I keep joking about how at least we'll get one chance to celebrate before the world ends... and how I really hope America doesn't get us an angry Orangutan hybrid President as our gift.

8 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

Bucket list eh?

Mine's long. But here are the big list items...

Study bears during salmon migration at Katmai National Park (Alaska). Go to a presidential inauguration in DC (for a president elect I support). Take an expedition to Antarctica to penguin watch. Go to Maho Beach (St. Maarten) to watch the planes come in. Live on a grand ocean liner for a year. Sit in coffee shops in Paris, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Seoul, and Buenos Aires just to people watch while peering over the cover of a good book. And feed the swimming piggies in Exuma, Bahamas. 

I'd love to go to the next Inauguration, just to see a woman become President (I'm choosing to be sure positive about this). My due date is the 14th though, so not happening. (Fingers crossed she comes early or right on time so we can tell her Obama was President when she was born!) :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, alba said:

He is! Mr Alba really wants to visit Newfoundland after watching Republic of Doyle, which is set in modern-day St John's in the same fictional universe.

Mr. Alba isn't the only one. We have had some serious tourists show up and want to have a drink at The Duke of Duckworth and see The Republic of Doyle house. The show was fun for me and my roommates we were in St. John's at the time and we would try to figure out where they were. They mostly filmed in the downtown area, near Jellybean row and along the waterfront so we spent a fair amount of time trying to figure it out. Until we realized that they were going the wrong way down a one way street and that's why it didn't look familiar. 

I don't think that it has surpassed the number of people who come here just to visit Dildo and have their picture taken with the statue by the sign "Captain Dildo." 

Mr. Alba isn't the only one. We have had some serious tourists show up and want to have a drink at The Duke of Duckworth and see The Republic of Doyle house. The show was fun for me and my roommates we were in St. John's at the time and we would try to figure out where they were. They mostly filmed in the downtown area, near Jellybean row and along the waterfront so we spent a fair amount of time trying to figure it out. Until we realized that they were going the wrong way down a one way street and that's why it didn't look familiar. 
I don't think that it has surpassed the number of people who come here just to visit Dildo and have their picture taken with the statue by the sign "Captain Dildo." 

Haha, funnily enough, I've had the same experience with Murdoch Mysteries, which is partially shot in my hometown. They included a bridge built in the 30s in more than one episode [emoji14]

4 minutes ago, alba said:

Haha, funnily enough, I've had the same experience with Murdoch Mysteries, which is partially shot in my hometown. They included a bridge built in the 30s in more than one episode emoji14.png

It's a lot of fun. And then you realize that you have been fooled by the shot of a street from a different angle. I love Murdoch Mysteries. Jonny Harris makes me giggle! 

And well...historically accurate they may not always be ;) 

6 minutes ago, kmary1 said:

I wonder if they choose wedding dates based on their menstrual cycles? I always wondered that since Jill got pregnant on her honeymoon.

I think that's pretty likely. Jill did at least, I don't know if they always can because they seem to have such short engagements but I think they probably strive for it.  

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that's pretty likely. Jill did at least, I don't know if they always can because they seem to have such short engagements but I think they probably strive for it.  

i think it was worked out by a few here that by jill's dates she provided, she was on her period on her wedding day.

don't ask me how or why i remember this.

Just now, actuallyjessica said:

i think it was worked out by a few here that by jill's dates she provided, she was on her period on her wedding day.

don't ask me how or why i remember this.

Not necessarily on her period for her wedding day (who'd want that!?) and depends on her cycle length.  My 'fertile time' of about a week starts 3 days after the end of my period so she might have just finished?

Short engagements of under 3 months are common where I live. I know for sure young women pick dates to avoid being on their period on their wedding day. It is more for being period free on their wedding night since most honeymoons are only a weekend trip.  It is not as much about fertility here, unless the young women is lucky to snag a guy from money or that already has a decent job. Most use BC and wait about a year for their first kid, which to me isn't long enough at age 19-21 but it is better than the Duggars.

3 hours ago, alba said:

Haha, funnily enough, I've had the same experience with Murdoch Mysteries, which is partially shot in my hometown. They included a bridge built in the 30s in more than one episode emoji14.png

Game of Thrones has brought thousands of tourists to all my favourite spots! It's great that it's filmed here but they've banned horses at a lot of the filming locations because of the amount of people that visits which sucks for me as some of them were my favourite peaceful hacking trails. 

I'm going to call tomorrow for JinJgers wedding 

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

@Kjaerringa  Come to Newfoundand! We're great! I swear! :D

Is it cold there? I can't handle the winters in Iowa, N. Canada scares the hell out of me, but I would LOVE to live in the British Columbia province. If Vancouver wasn't so damned expensive hubby and I would have moved their 20 years ago. 

I never liked going to the weddings, but when I get older and started to be invited by friends, not relatives, I really liked them. I like typical all night wedding, with vows said during solemn mass in catholic/orthodox curch, all traditional parts like greeting young couple in front of reception hall with bread and salt, singing for them, tables full of food and glasses full of drinks, with all people dancing, singing, playing with bride and groom. I always got emotional when I see my young friends dancing with their parents and grandparents during the reception. I like to come back home in the morning, happy and tired, and after few hours of sleep go to bride's or groom's parents  house, where we continue party with smaller group of closer friends and relatives.

And now I'm thinking about Duggar's weddings. Huge places, lot of unknow people, lot of cameras, some snacks, weeks of planning, guests are longer parking their RV's than whole party helds, lot of nerves, go back to your home folks, let already be evening, I'm tired.

Seriously, I find their way for celebrate weddings as uninteresting and sad.

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is it cold there? I can't handle the winters in Iowa, N. Canada scares the hell out of me, but I would LOVE to live in the British Columbia province. If Vancouver wasn't so damned expensive hubby and I would have moved their 20 years ago. 

We're fairly cold. Not as cold as say Alberta but generally speaking it freezes and there's a lot of snow. Freezes means about -10 to -15C. Which isn't bad but we are a rock i the North Atlantic so we're well used to the weather! BC is the warmest of all the provinces and it is beautiful! 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

This is why birth control is the bomb, my sister and I BOTH used it to move our cycles. I was normally spot on, every 26 days like clock work I had a 6 month engagement and about 4 months in my period came a week early, then next month it was 5 days early, so the next month my doc told me not to take the placebo pills just start the next pack, I started the next pack 2 days before my wedding, so I would have gotten my period the day after my wedding, which would have pissed me off for my honeymoon, not for the sex as I was already living with my husband but for our cruise to the Bahamas and 5 days of pools beaches and fun in the sun.  I have HORRIBLE cramps and bloating and am generally miserable for 3 days of my  5 day cycle.  It was bad enough the 1st vacation hubs and I took sans kids since our honeymoon 10 years later my period was a week early it started as we were leaving for the airport for Vegas, so I had to hurry and pack tampons and pads, I forgot my Advil and Vicodin (yes my cramps are that bad I've developed endometriosis over the years or its gotten worse) so for my 4 day trip I was miserable for 3 of them, spent $12 on a 20 pill bottle of Advil miserable, damn Vegas strip prices.    

So, this may have been mentioned in the last thread, but due to a hiccup when signing up for FJ, and my stubbornness refusing to let it go, here goes my Jeremy rant:

I am a pretty hardcore New York Red Bulls fan. I cannot believe Luis Robles, one of the greatest American soccer goalies (in my unbiased opinion :my_biggrin: ) got suckered into this train wreck! I have to wonder how TLC laid it on his heart to appear on this show. I really can't imagine, as someone guessed, Luis being a best man, let alone IN the wedding, and maybe not even at the wedding at all. But who am I to really know- I'll be at the game on Sunday, maybe I'll ask him ;)

There goes my first post! I have been a lurker for far too long, and was going to finally sign up after I found out about Jinger and Jeremy, mostly because of my Red Bulls love. But I did that whole getting married thing about 3 and a half weeks ago, and ya know, priorities.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is why birth control is the bomb, my sister and I BOTH used it to move our cycles. I was normally spot on, every 26 days like clock work I had a 6 month engagement and about 4 months in my period came a week early, then next month it was 5 days early, so the next month my doc told me not to take the placebo pills just start the next pack, I started the next pack 2 days before my wedding, so I would have gotten my period the day after my wedding, which would have pissed me off for my honeymoon, not for the sex as I was already living with my husband but for our cruise to the Bahamas and 5 days of pools beaches and fun in the sun.  I have HORRIBLE cramps and bloating and am generally miserable for 3 days of my  5 day cycle.  It was bad enough the 1st vacation hubs and I took sans kids since our honeymoon 10 years later my period was a week early it started as we were leaving for the airport for Vegas, so I had to hurry and pack tampons and pads, I forgot my Advil and Vicodin (yes my cramps are that bad I've developed endometriosis over the years or its gotten worse) so for my 4 day trip I was miserable for 3 of them, spent $12 on a 20 pill bottle of Advil miserable, damn Vegas strip prices.    

My doctor advised the same thing. But skipping the placebo did nothing to prevent the bleeding for me. In fact, I got to enjoy it for the whole first MONTH of my marriage. Birth control pills CAN be great (they help my acne like nothing else ever has, because I naturally have kind of jacked up hormones), but can also be pretty scary when it goes extremely wrong (side effects and all). As much as I LOVE this option, I hope they improve it greatly in my lifetime. 

@nst and @Bushes of Love,  I am fairly near Graceland at the moment, but I'm not going this time.  I'm going home in the morning.  I heard Elvis music all through the Memphis airport though.

@Shadoewolf,  I take it that you're a fan of Top Chef.  This next season was filmed in Charleston, SC (aka the Holy City aka Chucktown).  It's about time for them to do a Top Chef season in Charleston.  There are some amazing restaurants in Charleston.  

@VixenToast,  any amount of cockroaches is too many!

I just realized how handy it could be to schedule a wedding around your period. You could figure out when to have your honeymoon without riding the red wave too.

15 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

JB and Michelle may not care or show genuine concern, but Jinger seems to be more sensitive in general, so I could see her trying to keep things quiet to avoid further scandal. Gut feeling tells me she was deeply affected by all of the scandal frenzy and fallout, and her baaaaaaaaaaabe would probably want to make sure she was happy and stress-free on her wedding day. 

28 minutes ago, season of life said:

I just realized how handy it could be to schedule a wedding around your period. You could figure out when to have your honeymoon without riding the red wave too.

If only my periods came when the calendar said they were supposed to......

I used BC for about six months. Once I started college, I kept forgetting at least one pill per pack. When that happens, I start bleeding the next day and don't stop until I finish the placebo pills. When it happened the 3rd time in 3 months (so I was basically bleeding for 3 months straight) I just stopped taking the pill. I'm supposed to start my period for the first time pill-free tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

BC does wonders, if you remember to take it :wink: (if you use the pill)

ok,  So this is probably going to sound bitchy, but the more we speculate about this wedding  the more we feed into the Duggars delusion that they are important and matter.  I feel like being secretive to this degree is just their way to create 'drama' and when we have page after page of speculation when it will be it just reinforces them. 

I wish that instead of all this focus on when we just would have shrugged our collective shoulders and waited for it to be announced.  I don't really care when the wedding is.   We know they are getting married,  we know they will have some sort of awkward first kiss and we know that Jinger will ride off into the sunset of a life traded from one master to another.   I hope Jinger will be happy.  I hope Jeremy really loves her and gives her support as she tries to find herself and adjust to life off the cult compound.  I hope that they delay having a baby for at least 2 years.  And I hope that Jeremy surprises us as  being less rigid and fundie than he seems to be. 

I hope for this, but I am not hopeful that it will happen.  I hate that TLC and JB have sold their kids and convinced them that they need to live their life in public.  I hate that he puts the success of the series rest on the back of one of his kids courting/marrying, or mating.  I am sure that there are discussions with the older ones that the whole family is depending on them to start courting, have a kid, etc.  JB is smart enough to know that is the only thing they really have to offer in terms of keeping the show viable.  Proud of Jana and John David for resisting the pressure so far.  Hopefully the show will die off soon and they can have some privacy. 

I really find JB and M disgusting and TLC makes me ill

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived