IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock - It's in his Kiss (Shoop Shoop Song)

samurai_sarah

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE the Newcastle accent. And the Essex accent. When I was new in the UK and fawning over these accents, people laughed at me. Posh has never done much for me, but these ones really stirred up desires that couldn't be righteously fulfilled. Then I learned of TOWIE and Geordie Shore. I still like the accents, but now I have a little self control when I hear them.

I was at a family wedding and was seated at a table with people from the bride's side who live in Ireland. One of the guys (nephew to the bride, IIRC), kept yelling out the word cunt during the toasts. I wanted to die!

2 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

Why is the date of Jinger's wedding such a big deal, and so damned important, that they would go to all this trouble to conceal the date?

Delusions of grandeur, much?

Poor Jinger is so "meek" and "simple" that I doubt SHE is the one wanting it kept secret. So, it has to be MEEEchelle and JimBoob who think their godly family is of such world-shaking importance, and so powerful in their godly mission, that the wedding date must be concealed from the masses.

All the better to get "exclusive" photos and coverage with People Magazine, I assume.

Gah. These people disgust me.

Not to defend the Duggars, but I'll play devil's advocate for a moment, and wonder out loud if maybe it's more like, "We don't want paparazzi or protestors at the wedding because of Joshley's heart still stuck in Satan's grasp"-bit.  I mean, every single article I've read since all that went down, has the history of Josh's molestation/Ashley Madison/cheating, in either the beginning of the article, and/or at the end.  And they obviously don't have a problem inviting strangers to their events, so long they're fans.  If the wedding date/venue gets out, there's gotta be at least ONE person who won't care that it's a wedding, and show up hurling all sorts of insults in their directions/hold a sign with God knows what on it/or a paparazzo, who'll have it posted, "Josh's sister weds  - you know, the one who molested five people, including his sisters." (which will only in turn lead to painful speculation about Jinger).

Again, not saying it isn't all about Michelle and JimBob, BUT I'd like to believe there's at least some level of protection behind the decision as well (even if it's just a microscopic amount, in comparison to the other reasons).  Who really knows though!

23 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yes, so long as you also call me "simple."  

Thats me! Simple and modest.  The perfect doormat wife.

Don't forget "meek", "godly" and "having a servant's heart" ;) No woman is fully doormat:ed (yey, I made up a word) without them! 

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

Maybe the Bates in Pensacola are picking up the Hartano's and bringing them to the wedding? And Tori gets to see her boyfriend. Potential win-win. I thought Jinger was closest with the female Hartano (don't recall her first name.)

jinge is  closest to whoever is around 

2 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

Why is the date of Jinger's wedding such a big deal, and so damned important, that they would go to all this trouble to conceal the date?

Delusions of grandeur, much?

Poor Jinger is so "meek" and "simple" that I doubt SHE is the one wanting it kept secret. So, it has to be MEEEchelle and JimBoob who think their godly family is of such world-shaking importance, and so powerful in their godly mission, that the wedding date must be concealed from the masses.

All the better to get "exclusive" photos and coverage with People Magazine, I assume.

Gah. These people disgust me.

there is no way Jinge of all the Duggars will get the cover of People - 

I think at the very least US weekly might get a second version of it. 

It's disgusting how they think they are so important 

5 minutes ago, Queen said:

Don't forget "meek", "godly" and "having a servant's heart" ;) No woman is fully doormat:ed (yey, I made up a word) without them! 

I seriously dislike those words and make me dislike Jeremy and JInge in the same breath forever and forever 

Golly, I think I gots to get me to one of them footie games!!!

(seriously,. It's now on my bucket list!!) 

2 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Golly, I think I gots to get me to one of them footie games!!!

(seriously,. It's now on my bucket list!!) 

ooh bucket list  stuff - can we do that until the wedding happens 

Go to Graceland is on mine :D

Go back to Nantucket 

and many more

22 minutes ago, nst said:

there is no way Jinge of all the Duggars will get the cover of People - 

I think at the very least US weekly might get a second version of it. 

It's disgusting how they think they are so important 

I foresee a pic of Jinger and Jeremy, with Jeremy kissing JInger's cheek, standing next to Bin and Jessa rubbing her belly with Spurge sitting on the floor playing with Izzy.  Jill and Derrick will stand on the other side of Jinger/Jeremy smiling at the littles at their feet.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I foresee a pic of Jinger and Jeremy, with Jeremy kissing JInger's cheek, standing next to Bin and Jessa rubbing her belly with Spurge sitting on the floor playing with Izzy.  Jill and Derrick will stand on the other side of Jinger/Jeremy smiling at the littles at their feet.

but not in people magazine.,,, I see all that as well....

and defiantly not on IN touch 

19 minutes ago, nst said:

ooh bucket list  stuff - can we do that until the wedding happens 

Go to Graceland is on mine :D

Go back to Nantucket 

and many more

Yay! Bucket lists are fun!

I want to go to Dollywood and Graceland. 

I want to travel more (I've been to most countries in Western Europe and I've been to the US. Hong Kong is the next place I'm going to next year. Russia, Israel and Turkey are not too difficult to get to and budget airlines fly there so after Hong Kong they are the next places to go).

Go back to Versailles. 

Learn to drive

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

Honestly, other than People Magazine that shills for all the TLC shows, hence why they feature Kate Gosselin so often, no one cares if Jinger gets married. She isn't a celebrity and a magazine with her on the cover isn't going to sell copies. My guess is the wedding is kept secret just for the show as an attempt to maximize viewers who have stepped away from the show but are willing to watch the wedding. Only people who were regular viewers will watch anyway, people who were never into the show aren't going to waste their time. Years later I still haven't met anyome who has actually watched the Duggars. 

Other than my best friend, who got me into the show (since she's a reality tv JUNKIE who only watches Bravo, TLC, and Lifetime), I know of NO ONE else who watches the Duggars. My parents think I'm weird for researching cults, and my other friends zone out when the BFF and I discuss the inner workings of the Duggar clan when we go out drinking. 

2 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I want to travel more (I've been to most countries in Western Europe and I've been to the US. Hong Kong is the next place I'm going to next year. Russia, Israel and Turkey are not too difficult to get to and budget airlines fly there so after Hong Kong they are the next places to go).

Go back to Versailles. 

Learn to drive

Only thing on mine currently is to Trek the Khumbu Valley up to Everest Base Camp.

I hate defending the Duggars.

I've said it before, but as someone who recently got married there are a lot of reasons why JinJer may wind up getting married on Jessa or Spurgeon's birthdays.

Given how short a period of time they have to actually plan the wedding, they need to be very flexible on dates when it comes to their venues. Luckily for them, they only really need to worry about the Church with that - if they had a separate venue to book for a reception that would make things tougher. But it isn't guaranteed that the Church would have their first choice date available regardless.

They also have other weddings to consider this year. For instance, Derick's brother got engaged before JinJer and is getting married November 12th, which rules that day out. And I want to say there was another Fundie wedding mentioned as happening soon too. So they may have needed to consider that date during planning too.

Not only that, but given the sheer number of family members there are it's kind of bound to happen that birthdays or anniversaries will wind up being shared at some point. 

Considering how short the official receptions seem to be (around 2 or so hours), I don't think it would be a big deal if they got married on one of the birthdays. It leaves plenty of time for them to celebrate later - or they could celebrate the day after instead (which isn't that uncommon.)

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Only thing on mine currently is to Trek the Khumbu Valley up to Everest Base Camp.

My bucket list:

- Get husband to visit Europe (specifically Italy, where his family originally came from.)

- Return to Barbados one day. We Honeymooned there this January and it was the most magical trip we've ever experienced.

- Buy a single family home to raise our family in. 

- See my babies finish their educations, grow up, and become exceptional adults.

But right now, the only item on my list that matters is:

- Safely give birth to our happy and healthy baby girl this January.

I felt a little sad reading an article today where Jinger talks about having babies after marriage. I remember the first specials and TWOP and then finding free Jinger. I always had that little bit of hope that Jinger would leave. It is like her wedding kind of closes a chapter. I am happy when I read the stories of other brave young men and women here that have decided to take a different path then their family expected of them on this site. I just do not see any male or female Duggar leaving now. I know people say one of the middle boys or the younger girls will leave but the money and lifestyle just is not going anywhere and the whole family seems happy to do as little as work and schooling as possible and get a decent lifestyle. I really think we are not going to see a Duggar ever living alone in an apartment in the city going to college.

Bucket lists! Yay! Mine sometimes evolve into fantasy. Ergo.....

Learn to spin and weave wool from my own sheep. Have a really long chat with Michelle Obama. Wine is involved. Become best friends. Introduce her to my other best friends. Have sporadic, amazing, girls' night outs. ( I'm a  fan, not a stalker.) Visit Newfoundland, the Grand Canyon, travel the Inland Passage on a small cruise boat, with geologists and naturalists and historians of all sorts, and travel through France on a houseboat that we pilot ourselves. Swim with dolphins in the wild, because they happen to come and swim with us. No tour. Ick. Spend time traveling around the US in something as close to an old wooden Romany caravan as possible. Failing that, an old refurbished Airstream would be cool. Spend at least a year, finally, in the small village in Norway where my family still lives, more than 100 years after my great- great grandmother's emigration, and another year in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of New Mexico, where my Dad grew up. And learn to play a lap harp, and read all the books on my must read list.

@Carm_88...November 8 happens to be my birthday. If I end up in hysterics over the definitely unwished for 'gift' of a certain man's election....I may arrive sooner than later. (Not completely certain if I am joking about that.) 

2 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

@Carm_88...November 8 happens to be my birthday. If I end up in hysterics over the definitely unwished for 'gift' of a certain man's election....I may arrive sooner than later. (Not completely certain if I am joking about that.) 

Take me with you!!  Please!!!

Isn't George on the Murdoch Mysteries (Artful Detective in the US) from Newfoundland?  

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Take me with you!!  Please!!!

Isn't George on the Murdoch Mysteries (Artful Detective in the US) from Newfoundland?  

Yes! A good man, too, Constable Crabtree.....

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Pine Island FL, near Weeki Wachi to swim with dolphins in the wild. Free, no tours. Homosassa and/or Crystal River to swim with manatees. I've done both.

My bucket list? I want to visit Ireland and Scotland. Take a good cruise to Alaska. Go skydiving.  Sit lower bowl near the Blackhawks bench at a Stanley Cup final game. Take a long food excursion, Morimoto's, The French Laundry, Katz Deli, Giovanni's for Chicago deep dish, any number of the early Top Chef restaurants , wine tasting in Napa, plus sample everything overseas. 

Bucket list (or super serious happy wish list preceding my doom):

Buy a cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior (Minnesota side). Love that place.

take a good long tour of the U.K. And all associated historical sites pertaining to the Tudors or Plantagenets. *squee!*

own my own house. Which is not liable in even my distant future. I have shit credit and have been evicted so I can't rent from anywhere. I have been living with my friend and her ptsd&bipolar disabled veteran husband, their four kids, and an alarming amount of cockroaches. He had a freak out and is hospitalized and she told me yesterday that she and the kids will be moving to Arizona. Fortunately my mom and aunt are letting my son and I stay with her. It's really depressing and I feel like a total failure at life. Hence, I WANT A FRIGGIN HOUSE OF MY OWN!!!! I'm sure one day :) 

lastly: I want gourmet milkshakes everyday until the day I die. Nommmm. Yummy.

Bucket list eh?

Mine's long. But here are the big list items...

Study bears during salmon migration at Katmai National Park (Alaska). Go to a presidential inauguration in DC (for a president elect I support). Take an expedition to Antarctica to penguin watch. Go to Maho Beach (St. Maarten) to watch the planes come in. Live on a grand ocean liner for a year. Sit in coffee shops in Paris, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Seoul, and Buenos Aires just to people watch while peering over the cover of a good book. And feed the swimming piggies in Exuma, Bahamas. 

10 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

Go back to Versailles. 

Learn to drive

I suggest going to Dollywood during the festival of Nations, It's a great cultural experience. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived