IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

53 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I just feel like he's an entitled prick. /rant

I feel like a most of the Bates sons are like that. It probably stems from being raised eating and breathing patriarchy, earning fame and fans for just existing, and how Gil and Kelly had double standards where the sons got away with things like showing off their bodies.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Gil and Kelly had double standards where the sons got away with things like showing off their bodies.

Cue for someone to post that extremely defrauding photo of the mud wrestling Bates boys again. ;)

34 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Cue for someone to post that extremely defrauding photo of the mud wrestling Bates boys again. ;)

No thanks (see entitled prick & suchlike comments).

3 minutes ago, Kak said:

I was being a trifle sarcastic.  That doesn't always convey on the internet.

1 hour ago, Kak said:

Why not? I'm sure it made the fundie maidens faint with excitement. Kelly knows how to sell her family. 

I believe this is cosmetology student Josie Bates in this posting from Crown College Days (when high school students come to visit the school):

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I believe this is cosmetology student Josie Bates in this posting from Crown College Days (when high school students come to visit the school):

It sure is! And is that the family friend whose name I always forget, but who constantly hangs out at the Bates house on the very right in the large picture? What's her face?

I think it's great if she gets a cosmetology degree/certification, not sure what it is called at Crown. Even if she only has fundies for clients, Josie will at least be making her own money. It will give her options, even if she doesn't realize what those are right now. 

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

It sure is! And is that the family friend whose name I always forget, but who constantly hangs out at the Bates house on the very right in the large picture? What's her face?

Courtney, but not sure of her last name. 

Does Crown require women to wear skirts? 

45 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Courtney, but not sure of her last name. 

I think it's Courtney Green or Greene.  Hopefully Josie will do more with her cosmetology degree than Jillrod did.

She could make a killin' as the designated hairstylist for fundie weddings. I know the Duggars appear to do all their own hair but it might relieve some stress to have someone come do some of the hair for them for a small fee. 

On a highly improbable note-- I hope she continues with this. Doing ANYTHING other than sitting at home popping out child after child might be just the push some of these girls need to break free. 

59 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

She could make a killin' as the designated hairstylist for fundie weddings. I know the Duggars appear to do all their own hair but it might relieve some stress to have someone come do some of the hair for them for a small fee. 

On a highly improbable note-- I hope she continues with this. Doing ANYTHING other than sitting at home popping out child after child might be just the push some of these girls need to break free. 

I think Josie could do quite well with it. If she did weddings and family photo shoots; Like you said many people do their own but if she's close with them, they may change their minds. It has to be better than staying home being barefoot and pregnant. 

On 11/22/2016 at 9:41 AM, formergothardite said:

I feel like a most of the Bates sons are like that. It probably stems from being raised eating and breathing patriarchy, earning fame and fans for just existing, and how Gil and Kelly had double standards where the sons got away with things like showing off their bodies.

I agree except Trace seems a little better than The older boys. He seems a little less prickish.

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think Josie could do quite well with it. If she did weddings and family photo shoots; Like you said many people do their own but if she's close with them, they may change their minds. It has to be better than staying home being barefoot and pregnant. 

Cosmetology is Gothard approved for married women. It's a job where they will be their own bosses, work only with other women, and can still be a meek stay at home mom to a litter. 

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Yes, it does most of the time. There's some exceptions, such as playing sports, but most of the time, women are required to wear skirts. The student handbook used to be online, and let me tell you: It's a doozy. Unfortunately, they wised up (no thanks to us, methinks :)) and it's no longer available on their website. Boo!

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Cosmetology is Gothard approved for married women. It's a job where they will be their own bosses, work only with other women, and can still be a meek stay at home mom to a litter. 

Hahah of course it is! Josie wouldn't be doing it if it weren't Gothard approved. It's just nice to think that she actually will have some skills to fall back on if she should ever need to. Not saying that she's leaving or anything but if that is something that she chooses (very unlikely) it's good to have. 

The irony of depriving your kids of that very same experience you seem to treasure so much, it burns.

Oh wow! She went to the same high school as my mom!

I'm stuck on the fact that a college offers cosmetology classes.  I realize that it is a conservative, bible college, but still.  WTF???

6 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I'm stuck on the fact that a college offers cosmetology classes.  I realize that it is a conservative, bible college, but still.  WTF???

I don't think it's too crazy. A lot of "tech" colleges focus on all kinds of degrees and trades that don't really "go" together. Crown reminds me of some of those around here, a wide array of jobs that have a more fast-track approach. It's probably not quite as reputable and I'm sure there's a million unnecessary religion classes, but it does seem similar with the mix of degrees and paths they offer. 

It sounds like Crown offers four year degrees as well as more technical, trade oriented programs.  I didn't know colleges like that existed.

4 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

Every good fundie wife should take at least one cosmetology class. Being presentable to her husband is one of her many wifely duties.

Now I'm sitting here imagining the reaction of the school administrators if a man tried to signup for a cosmetology class. The horror!

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Every good fundie wife should take at least one cosmetology class. Being presentable to her husband is one of her many wifely duties.

Now I'm sitting here imagining the reaction of the school administrators if a man tried to signup for a cosmetology class. The horror!

Sent to ALERT for manly training! :P 

I've been doing some research on Crown College this morning (cause what else should one do on Thanksgiving morning? *sarcasm*)

Apparently there is a trade school (Crown School of Trades and Technology) within the larger College. I assume that the Bates girls' cosmetology program is housed within it.

Also, Crown just received accreditation from the "Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools" as of November 1. http://thecrowncollege.com/about-crown/tracs-accreditation/

Per Wikipedia, TRACS is recognized by the US Department of Ed, but its accrediting decisions have been challenged in the past. It was put on federal probation in 1995 and reauthorized in 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnational_Association_of_Christian_Colleges_and_Schools

4 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I doubt that Crown will ever be a fully accredited college.

It shall always be clown college! :P 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived