Destiny

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pasta said:

Was Nathan's courtship really broken or were they "taking a break?"

Broken, I think. 

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The best chefs are boys? Alex Guranaschelli, Amanda Freitag, and  Elizabeth Falkner kindly tell Erin to fuck off. (probably)

I didn't see the episode, so I'm not sure if she said "the best chefs are boys" or "some of the best chefs are boys." There's a world of difference between the two statements. However, the OP wrote "some of," which is true-- some of the best chefs are men and some are women. Since she was speaking to a boy, I don't see an issue with her emphasizing that it's not just a women's place to cook.

I don't see anything wrong with what Erin said, which was that some of the best chefs are boys. That is true. I don't doubt the kids grew up thinking that Chefs are women and it's women's work. By telling him that some of the best chefs are men, it's saying he can grow up to do it too since cooking is obviously something he enjoys. Let's not forget there was a time when little girls had to be reminded that some of the best doctors, lawyers or engineers were women because it was not as common as it is now. In the Bates' world, women are wives and mothers and do most, if not all, of the cooking. The boys would have no way of knowing that there were famous men doing what they were raised to believe was woman's work.

I just came to post that. Looks like another birthing center or home birth.  I'm impressed how together she looks. I'd be still in my pj's. 

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Lexie Mae was born yesterday. IAww! 

Lexi is a little peanut. My daughter was 5 pounds and 19 inches at birth - and she was born almost six weeks early! 

I usually offer congratulations when a new baby is born. But I can't really do that with these families because those poor kids will likely be raised in a cult. And that's not really something to celebrate. I will say that I hope everyone is healthy. I also hope that they prove me wrong by allowing their kids to get actual educations and pursue interests that they Iike, not ones that culture dictates they enjoy. Not likely in my opinion, but still.

Wasn't Allie born within a day of her due date too? The Webster babies are quite punctual. That's about as positive as I'm gonna muster.

30 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Lexi is a little peanut. My daughter was 5 pounds and 19 inches at birth - and she was born almost six weeks early! 

I usually offer congratulations when a new baby is born. But I can't really do that with these families because those poor kids will likely be raised in a cult. And that's not really something to celebrate. I will say that I hope everyone is healthy. I also hope that they prove me wrong by allowing their kids to get actual educations and pursue interests that they Iike, not ones that culture dictates they enjoy. Not likely in my opinion, but still.

Bah...can't figure out how to delete quotes. Oh well...this really doesn't have to do with your quote VelociRapture :P

Anyways, for once I'd like to see one of these girls look like they just gave birth. All the girls (Erin & Whitney included), look so put together and as if they had their babies weeks ago, yet their photos are taken within hours of giving birth. Maybe I'm jelly, but I looked like crap after I gave birth. Granted I'm not posing for photos that will be blasted for millions to see, but I think this only perpetuates the medias portrayal of how women must look after child birth. You see it with celebrities too. Looking like they are back in their skinny jeans as they are walking out of the hospital. It's ok to look comfortable and tired after you just gave birth. It's super hard work! Ok...end rant. I guess congrats to the family. At least it appears the birth went well and of course Alyssa looks great.

Loving the glare from Allie.

Side note; I wonder why Gil and Kelly don't scold her or insist that Alyssa put her in a dress when they visit. 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:
Wasn't Allie born within a day of her due date too? The Webster babies are quite punctual. That's about as positive as I'm gonna muster.

I think Allie was born on her due date, and Lexie just a few hours before hers.  Alyssa looks great.  I have to admit I'm impressed.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Lexi is very cute.  I wish that she and Alyssa are healthy, and that Lexi will have the freedom not just to wear pants, but also to have a childhood in which she is valued as more than sister-mom, and an adulthood in which she can make her own choices in education, love, and how she wants to live.  Amen. 

I got to watch the whole BuB episode yesterday. It was about as boring as watching concrete dry. Oh wait, maybe it’s because that’s exactly what I watched. We got to see the Bates prepare for the concrete. We got to see them wait for the concrete. We got to see Gil make three (THREE!) phone calls asking about the concrete. We got to see them pour the concrete and level the concrete. We got to see Gil be a tightwad about how much concrete was needed and then the drama over whether they'd have enough for the whole slab. Then we got to see them write their names and do their handprints in the concrete. Concrete, concrete, concrete!

Though I did find it interesting that Michaella and Brandon talked about maybe going to a doctor in the future. In the TH I thought Michaella almost looked on the verge of tears a couple times.

And I see that Lexi Mae has been born. I like how Allie Jane looks like she’s not sure what to make of her new little sister. Also, I notice that little Lexi is barely a day old and already sporting a baby garter.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Allie Jane does not look amused.

I think Allie looks horrified and over it in both pictures. It would be interesting for her to hang out with Davia Waller (David and Priscilla's daughter, another fundie couple that can be found on Free Jinger) because Davia also frequently looks horrified, irritated, and over it.

9 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Loving the glare from Allie.

Side note; I wonder why Gil and Kelly don't scold her or insist that Alyssa put her in a dress when they visit. 

If I had a Fundie "spirit animal" it would be Allie Webster. I too was a serious looking baby - my parents barely have any pictures of me smiling when I was an infant. Mom says I was a really happy baby, but it was tough to get good smiling pictures with film cameras (no deleting bad shots.) I assume Allie is a relatively happy kid who just doesn't see the need to ham for the camera. 

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think Allie was born on her due date, and Lexie just a few hours before hers.  Alyssa looks great.  I have to admit I'm impressed.

You are correct. Allie was born on her exact due date. I remember Kelly mentioning on the show how none of them expected that she would arrive exactly on time. There was some travel juggling that happened for Gil and Kelly because she arrived right before Brandon wanted to propose to Michael in DC.

-------

I don't want to see anymore kids born into this cult. However, I do hope that if Michael and Brandon wind up conceiving that her siblings are as supportive and excited for them as the Keilens have been for each niece and nephew that's been born. I don't know if they're just keeping sweet or anything, but it can't be easy to see your siblings welcome child after child while you're desperately hoping for just one of your own - especially in the public eye (but that's another discussion entirely.)

And on a completely superficial note - the whole family looks good and their daughters are cute as buttons (my baby is still the cutest! I'm not biased or anything though. :pb_lol:)

10 hours ago, albireo said:

Why is her name in quotes???

Because Kelly didn't really provide a great education so Alyssa doesn't understand how to use quotes. Cute baby, hope she grows up a rebel. 

I don't have the UP TV channel (and don't plan on buying it), but I am interested about the new church building the Bates bought. I saw a sneak peek video about it on YouTube. Where is it? I wonder how they will redo and redesign their church. It defiantly need a new paint color and some more windows. Can somebody post before and after pictures? Before pictures now and after pictures when it's remodeled.  

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Because Kelly didn't really provide a great education so Alyssa doesn't understand how to use quotes.

That one is actually courtesy of the Webster SOTDRT. Not that it matters much. ;)

13 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Bah...can't figure out how to delete quotes. Oh well...this really doesn't have to do with your quote VelociRapture :P

Anyways, for once I'd like to see one of these girls look like they just gave birth. All the girls (Erin & Whitney included), look so put together and as if they had their babies weeks ago, yet their photos are taken within hours of giving birth. Maybe I'm jelly, but I looked like crap after I gave birth. Granted I'm not posing for photos that will be blasted for millions to see, but I think this only perpetuates the medias portrayal of how women must look after child birth. You see it with celebrities too. Looking like they are back in their skinny jeans as they are walking out of the hospital. It's ok to look comfortable and tired after you just gave birth. It's super hard work! Ok...end rant. I guess congrats to the family. At least it appears the birth went well and of course Alyssa looks great.

To be fair, if pictures of me were going to be blasted to millions, I wouldn't be offering myself up as the sacrificial lamb to make a statement and take them looking tired with messy hair. I'd want to look as nice as possible. I can't really fault them for this. 

The hair and make up is a bit much, but i do think Alyssa looks like she's at least dressed comfy. A dress that probably doesn't put much pressure on her stomach and a cardigan - not a bad choice. My period and the accompanying cramps arrived today and i had similar clothing plans.

3 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Alyssa seems to be trying to channel the Duchess of Cambridge here. 

Maybe we should stop referring to them as "fundie royalty." :my_sick:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived