IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I did not see this one coming. Out of all of the Bates of courting age, Trace was the last one I would have expected.

Are the Roberts IBLP royalty or at least popular with IBLP?

The Roberts are connected to the Sanders, Smiths, Mortons and Campanas that always seemed to be part of VF in some ways. So a courtship between the Bateses and a Roberts girl could mean a fun fundie wedding for us with a crowd full of people that we snark on.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true about Trace and Campbell, this could be a bigger wedding than any Bates wedding to date. And this begs the question how many IBLB/VF pairings there have been?

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Do tell. Is this official or are they just special friends?  Like I said before, Trace doesn't seem ready but its not like I know him personally.

Looks like special friends at least? Her sister posted a picture that had other people in it edited to show just the two of them. He's in all of her pics it looked like, and he is the only solo shot Campbell posted. If Bates fam is following just her, its gotta be at least a bit serious.

ETA: Her sister Daisy seemed to have a crush on Trace before, but that was years ago. Perhaps Campbell and he hit it off better?

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

If this is true about Trace and Campbell, this could be a bigger wedding than any Bates wedding to date. And this begs the question how many IBLB/VF pairings there have been?

Right now I can't think of one, but other people with better memories on FJ could probably provide more information.

I've been looking through Campbell's IG and saw a birthday post for Keni Morton. Josie Bates congratulated her. So the Bates don't only know the Roberts, but might also be acquainted with the Mortons which would be HUGE for me since I fell down the whole Morton rabbithole years ago and never really made it out.

Aaaaaaand since the whole gang is apparently also close to the Sanders, which disappeared from the internetz about what feels like 5 years ago, there could also be a match between the Sanders and Bates. Maybe Grace and Nathan? She is a country girl and seems to be laid back. And one of her younger brothers could be of Katie's oder Josie's age.

The Duggars are IBLP and the Seewalds were VF. But, the Duggars have participated in VF events. That MOTY award Michelle got was from VF.

If this new courtship/ special friendship is tre well another pointpoint for Kelly ability to match her kids with high profile partners! 

Isn't Alyssa's due date approximaly here? Any news?

50 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

The Duggars are IBLP and the Seewalds were VF. But, the Duggars have participated in VF events. That MOTY award Michelle got was from VF.

Thank you :-)

I have a feeling that it is easier for IBLP families to overlook theological/doctrinal differences than it is for the VF crowd. But maybe the VF crowd just looks a little more classy than the typical IBLP family and that makes them appear more educated or whatever. They are all morons.

11 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

If this new courtship/ special friendship is tre well another pointpoint for Kelly ability to match her kids with high profile partners! 

Nothing new on her or John's IG at least.

I wonder if the VF crowd is starting to flounder since VF crashed and burned. Didn't Doug the Tool work with Gothard in the past? 

:omg:

The only other vf/iblp paring I can think of is Cleveland Morton and Lise Kendall?

20 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Campbell must have done some photography for the Mortons and Campanas. Alyssa gave her a 5-star review. So did Micah Beasley (hasn't he and/or his family been discussed here?).

I don't know a Micah Beasley, but there is a Beasley family that is friends of the Wissmanns, Gradys(who are both friends of the Duggars)

This beginning to get creepy that IBLP and VF families are pairing up. All of these families mentioned in the last few pages are involved in sex crimes. Furthermore, if a trend like this continues, we may see a revival rather than a decline in theses cults. Of course this depends on whether or not Trace and Campbell are courting.

If you just look at the pics on her Instagram, she looks like any other teen. It's scary how normal they portray themselves while maintaining such abusive beliefs!

13 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

She's due on Friday, January 27

I wonder if Alyssa and John will be making it up to Tennessee for I Love You Day. I imagine they'll be there since it seems to be a requirement that everyone attend but, best-case scenario, they'll be hauling a toddler and a two-week old from Florida to Tennessee. Worst-case scenario they'll be hauling a toddler and a three-day old (if Alyssa goes two weeks past due). If they were that late I would really hope that Alyssa and John would bow out of going.

However, I guess I've heard from my mom friends that it's sometimes easier to travel with a newborn since they sleep so much. Still, it doesn't sound like a trip I'd look forward to making only days/weeks postpartum.

:omg: If I got to see a wedding/wedding pics with the Duggars/Bates AND the SMortons I'd about fall over.  The Duggars brought me to FJ but the SMortons are my fave fundie obsession.  

On 1/24/2017 at 9:38 AM, formergothardite said:

Didn't Doug the Tool work with Gothard in the past? 

I think "work with" might be overstating it.  They were known to have had meetings, discussions,and probably unholy alliances over things the 2 parachurches had in common - like home schooling, HSLDA etc. 

On 1/24/2017 at 8:39 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Yes, there is overlap.  There are hard core Gothardites who would find VF too lax, and VF folk who would think Gothardites are too rigid but there is definitely a middle ground.  They hold many Patriarchal beliefs in common, after all, and families from both sides interact with each other.  

Vision Forum was a darn sight more inclusive and their products (conferences, revisionist history tours, and films) would have been OK for many Gothardites.  The products also appealed to many conservative Christians, including those who I would call mainstream.

On 1/13/2017 at 8:11 PM, JoyfulSel said:

Erin told Warden in the episode that he could be a chef one day like Bobby Flay because some of the "best chefs are boys"; Warden said he didn't know who that was.

Disappointed that she didn't mention Gordon Ramsay though...

The best chefs are boys? Alex Guranaschelli, Amanda Freitag, and  Elizabeth Falkner kindly tell Erin to fuck off. (probably)

Susan Spicer-not male, great chef! My SIL, lady chef (even though her food is usually too spicy for yours truly). But the best cook I know personally is male and makes protein taste good.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

I wonder will Ashley show up at I Love you day.

Don't see it happening but I wonder if Campbell will as some are speculating that she has something going on with Trace.

Saw tonight's episode.  Michaella and Brandon addressed their fertility struggles in the last 4 minutes of the episode.  This was taped around their first anniversary.  They said they started to become concerned after 6 months.  They're thinking about going to a doctor now that they've reached a year. They believe that god will choose the right time for them (paraphrasing here.)

And now we see on Michaella & Brandon's Instagram that they babysat a passel of Bates boys during the Australia trip, and they flew with them back to Knoxville yesterday. I would be surprised if they also go down for I Love You Day--unless the UP network pays for one of these trips.

11 hours ago, sunshine said:

I wonder will Ashley show up at I Love you day.

I highly doubt it. After a broken courtship? Have we seen Sarah Reith (Spelling?) anywhere?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived