IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

According to Recovering Grace the lawsuit is moving forward to the next phase. I wonder what UP will do if their shiny, happy, totally not running a cult family loses this lawsuit. Probably hope no one notices and they can continue on selling a lie. But I hope tabloid news places pick up on it. 

Excuse me but where are you getting this information? I can't find anything about a court date in 2017. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2017 at 4:28 PM, purplepeony said:

I've still not managed to get my point across well which is why I never post. I have not tried to say at all that the bates aren't hypocrites/ lazy/ dangerous or claimed that they are better than the duggars. I know some people do say that and I admire how you always point out their flaws to whomever tries to praise them but that isn't what I am trying to do here. I found it interesting that they would readily admit to changing their view on something instead of acting like it is a none issue, like they do with the facts girls must be modest and boys can be in wet t shirts. I was just wondering if this admission of a change in view was driven by UP to to make them look more normal, and that Trace will not be actually doing dancing, or if it was an actual change in their views that dancing is now sometimes acceptable. I just found this potential change in view interesting, mainly that they would admit to changing their view so openly I guess, and wondered what others though and never claimed it was an indication of them becoming fundie light or better people etc I couldn't remember them admiting so openly  to changing a view before, although I could have forgotten things.

The Bates have "reevaluated their beliefs" before. I used to read their blog and Kelly talked about loosening courtship rules about touching. 

I think they mostly re-evaluate beliefs Based on what is best for the Bates. So if Trace needs to do some dancing to make money, they'll allow it. As we all know, most fundie religions are based in oppressing women so Trace dancing is much more acceptable than Josie.

Trace won't be "dancing", he will jumping and moving with joy because he is overcome with the love and and good fortune bestowed upon him from our Lord and Savior.  Dancing is for heathens, jumping for Jesus is what the good Christian folks do.   

21 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Just a note (RosyDaisy, I'm sure you know but for others who might not): Discovering Grace is NOT the same site nor affiliated with Recovering Grace. Discovering Grace is run by a person who is very pro-Gothard (almost rabidly so!) and is his way of poking at and attempting to counteract Recovering Grace. Read what he has written with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates have "reevaluated their beliefs" before. I used to read their blog and Kelly talked about loosening courtship rules about touching. 

I think they mostly re-evaluate beliefs Based on what is best for the Bates. So if Trace needs to do some dancing to make money, they'll allow it. As we all know, most fundie religions are based in oppressing women so Trace dancing is much more acceptable than Josie.

Not to mention I have seen the Dixie Stampede, the dancing isn't anything to clutch ones pearls over. My guess is this why they are cool with it (that and because he is a boy as you and many others have mentioned).

However, boy or not, if Trace wanted to to perform in something where a female was pushing her rear end up against his nethers....or the women were dressed in scandalous clothing, I guarantee they would NOT be ok with that.

Just a note (RosyDaisy, I'm sure you know but for others who might not): Discovering Grace is NOT the same site nor affiliated with Recovering Grace. Discovering Grace is run by a person who is very pro-Gothard (almost rabidly so!) and is his way of poking at and attempting to counteract Recovering Grace. Read what he has written with a grain of salt.

Oops, my bad. I meant to link to Recovering Grace. I do know the difference.

I have come up with names for the next 4 girls if Alyssa and John wants to continue the theme of giving names that are (sort of) nicknames of Alexandra: 

Sandy Leigh
Lani Rae
Sadie Lynn  
Landry Jo

Didn't the new season start up last Thursday?  Has anyone seen?  There should be two new episodes already.  Then again the promo for last night shows Lawson practicing with his band and Erin cooking dinner with Warden.  If this is the excitement in store I guess I understand why no one is watching. 

And it looks like coming up is Josie getting a promise ring and Lawson playing golf with Gil.  Is this really the best they can drum up??

@JMOI watched.  Can't remember anything too significant. Last week was Alyssa's pregnancy announcement. This week Lawson is practicing with a band (2 guys) for a tour.  Carlin had to step in (reluctantly) and sing Emily Ann's part in case she can't make one of the shows. Carlin has a very nice voice.   The kids led by Erin are trying to arrange a surprise for Kelly's 50th birthday coming up and Warden made dinner for the Paines under the direction of Erin.  Warden likes to cook and he's good at it.  Erin says he can be a Chef some day, that it can be his profession.  I've never heard them refer to girls who cook well as chefs.  Don't remember anyone telling Alyssa that it can be her profession some day.

I think it's Katie who will be getting the purity ring.  The girls get them when they turn 16 which Katie did this past October. I thought boys also got purity rings.  Didn't the Jonas brothers have them?  Looks like the Bates are not as concerned about their son's purity.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

@JMOI watched.  

@Justmy2cents, was there something about Michael and Brandon's infertility? Did they say anything? I tried to look in their thread, but I might have missed it. 

11 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

@Justmy2cents, was there something about Michael and Brandon's infertility? Did they say anything? I tried to look in their thread, but I might have missed it. 

No, they haven't addressed it yet.  Didn't see it in previews for next week either.  

I saw a preview clip where Lawson talks about how they don't divide cooking by gender, that anyone who is needed steps in at any point to help with family responsibilities. 

Then I saw this on IG posted by thebatesfam:

Between marriages and college, I'm running out of girls to help cook in the kitchen lol!!

The inconsistency with these people... .:mindblowing:

13 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I saw a preview clip where Lawson talks about how they don't divide cooking by gender, that anyone who is needed steps in at any point to help with family responsibilities. 

Then I saw this on IG posted by thebatesfam:

The inconsistency with these people... .:mindblowing:

It could make sense if they used to divide cooking by gender but are no longer able to because of college and weddings.

Or they could be their usual confusing, inconsistent selves. 

Help cook? They did ALL the cooking. It sounds like Kelly is getting annoyed that she is having to do more work. She has spent years having babies, handing them off to buddies when they are born, having Alyssa cook all the meals, and going off with Gil to do  what they want. 

Gil and Kelly are like Jill and David, they never had the money to properly feed their kids or buy health insurance, but there was always money for them to go do stuff. 

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Help cook? They did ALL the cooking. It sounds like Kelly is getting annoyed that she is having to do more work. She has spent years having babies, handing them off to buddies when they are born, having Alyssa cook all the meals, and going off with Gil to do  what they want. 

Gil and Kelly are like Jill and David, they never had the money to properly feed their kids or buy health insurance, but there was always money for them to go do stuff. 

I really hope Kelly's amazing match making abilities bite her in the ass. 

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope Kelly's amazing match making abilities bite her in the ass

My worry is that she will just keep shoving work on younger and younger children. 

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think it's Katie who will be getting the purity ring.  The girls get them when they turn 16 which Katie did this past October. I thought boys also got purity rings.  Didn't the Jonas brothers have them?  Looks like the Bates are not as concerned about their son's purity.

Many years ago I worked with a fundie who had several sons and daughters.  The daughters were expected to remain 100% pure until marriage and had purity rings.  The boys were told that their parents "strongly preferred" them to remain pure until marriage. 

My worry is that she will just keep shoving work on younger and younger children. 

You know that she will. I doubt she is going to do it herself.

Do we think that UP is filming Gil & Kelly down under?  Does UP have the budget to send a film crew with them?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Do we think that UP is filming Gil & Kelly down under?  Does UP have the budget to send a film crew with them?

I don't think they would film them.  In the past UP has filmed how the kids cope without the parents at home.  They're probably doing something like that now.

Erin told Warden in the episode that he could be a chef one day like Bobby Flay because some of the "best chefs are boys"; Warden said he didn't know who that was.

Disappointed that she didn't mention Gordon Ramsay though...

Do the Bates boys get purity rings? I know a few Christian families that gave both their daughters and sons purity rings, but some only required them for girls.

Funnily enough, I remember the Jonas brothers used to wear purity rings when they were younger and the media would always point it out. Years later one of the brothers said they only wore them because of their dad, who was a pastor or something similar.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived