IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

18 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

"...find people who are totally sold-out for Jesus..." 

i don't think that means what she think it means...unless it means anyone who has a tv show "ministry"....then its the same meaning. 

I've heard that phrase a lot among this crowd. It is super irritating and doesn't have a clear meaning. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2016 at 0:01 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

I've heard that phrase a lot among this crowd. It is super irritating and doesn't have a clear meaning. 

It is one of those phrases that only makes sense to those in the cult/cult-like environment. Basically, it means that your existence is all about Jesus, your aspirations are all related to your faith, and your busyness is all related to your faith; there are no pleasures/aspects of your life that you are not willing to let go of if you somehow feel that they interfere your being available to do/be/go for Jesus.

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

I thought Michaella was only a nanny pre-marriage? 

That is what I thought too and all the articles and things I can find about her after she got married don't mention her working, only finishing her education online. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That is what I thought too and all the articles and things I can find about her after she got married don't mention her working, only finishing her education online. 

In Instagram comments she has mentioned babysitting --but we have no idea if she has gotten paid for it, or if she was just occasionally watching IBLP spawn while their parents went out on dates...

I found it interesting that the have claimed to be reevaluating their beliefs about dancing and are allowing Trace to dance for the Dixie stampede. I wonder if to show fame/ normality is the only motivation or if they are truly beginning to slightly move away from following all the gothard rules without questioning. 

1 minute ago, purplepeony said:

I found it interesting that the have claimed to be reevaluating their beliefs about dancing and are allowing Trace to dance for the Dixie stampede. I wonder if to show fame/ normality is the only motivation or if they are truly beginning to slightly move away from following all the gothard rules without questioning. 

I'm guessing it is because Trace is a guy. They have always seemed to bend the rules for the guys. I don't think they have reevaluated shit. Posting pictures of her sons in wet clothes that clung tightly to their bodies wasn't a sign Kelly was reevaluating her modesty values. It was just a sign she has double standards. 

If they were truly reevaluating their beliefs, they wouldn't still be prancing around the world working for IBLP

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I'm guessing it is because Trace is a guy. They have always seemed to bend the rules for the guys. I don't think they have reevaluated shit. Posting pictures of her sons in wet clothes that clung tightly to their bodies wasn't a sign Kelly was reevaluating her modesty values. It was just a sign she has double standards. 

If they were truly reevaluating their beliefs, they wouldn't still be prancing around the world working for IBLP

I guess beliefs was the wrong word to use as I mean more that it could be another sign of them reworking their rules to suit what they want to do in life now and moving away, either personally or IBLP generally, from what gothard himself taught rather than a change in their religious beliefs. 

Whitney posted a photo on Instagram earlier today wearing jeans.  I don't know how to post it here, but you might want to check it out.

32 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

Whitney posted a photo on Instagram earlier today wearing jeans.  I don't know how to post it here, but you might want to check it out.

Whitney has been posting pictures in pants for a while. Its been discussed.

1 hour ago, purplepeony said:

I guess beliefs was the wrong word to use as I mean more that it could be another sign of them reworking their rules to suit what they want to do in life now and moving away, either personally or IBLP generally, from what gothard himself taught rather than a change in their religious beliefs. 

Finding ways to justify their hypocrisy is pretty much what they have always done. This isn't a new thing.

You need to realize that Gil was perfectly happy and willing to stab Gothard in the back for power. Gothard is out, his teachings are still in(except when it isn't convenient for the Bates), and the Bates are making money off selling IBLP to gullible folks and also making money off selling their "happy totally not like the Duggars" family to gullible people. Gil and Kelly are grifters who make through life by finding folks to prey on so they don't have to work. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Finding ways to justify their hypocrisy is pretty much what they have always done. This isn't a new thing.

You need to realize that Gil was perfectly happy and willing to stab Gothard in the back for power. Gothard is out, his teachings are still in(except when it isn't convenient for the Bates), and the Bates are making money off selling IBLP to gullible folks and also making money off selling their "happy totally not like the Duggars" family to gullible people. Gil and Kelly are grifters who make through life by finding folks to prey on so they don't have to work. 

I've still not managed to get my point across well which is why I never post. I have not tried to say at all that the bates aren't hypocrites/ lazy/ dangerous or claimed that they are better than the duggars. I know some people do say that and I admire how you always point out their flaws to whomever tries to praise them but that isn't what I am trying to do here. I found it interesting that they would readily admit to changing their view on something instead of acting like it is a none issue, like they do with the facts girls must be modest and boys can be in wet t shirts. I was just wondering if this admission of a change in view was driven by UP to to make them look more normal, and that Trace will not be actually doing dancing, or if it was an actual change in their views that dancing is now sometimes acceptable. I just found this potential change in view interesting, mainly that they would admit to changing their view so openly I guess, and wondered what others though and never claimed it was an indication of them becoming fundie light or better people etc I couldn't remember them admiting so openly  to changing a view before, although I could have forgotten things.

I think it probably has to do with them sort of needing to explain it away for UP. After Zach's failed courtship they admitted they changed things and they had been warned not to make it so public right from the beginning. I'm guessing that dancing is now acceptable for Trace(or another son), but if a daughter showed interest in performing in front of people dancing that it would not be acceptable. I don't think they would encourage or support a daughter pursuing a career that involved dancing, no matter what they say about reevaluating their beliefs.

So it is less about reevaluating their beliefs and them doing what they have always done.  

Yeah I agree that I think they would still have a double standard for girls. I find the contrast between the new shiny happy bates and the older blogs / appearances on duggar specials fascinating but a bit terrifying that the truth can be so well disguised.

4 hours ago, purplepeony said:

Yeah I agree that I think they would still have a double standard for girls. I find the contrast between the new shiny happy bates and the older blogs / appearances on duggar specials fascinating but a bit terrifying that the truth can be so well disguised.

I agree.I always think that if the Bates could rebrand themselves so well from there prairie outfit days that in a few years, that could easily be a shinier, happier (less Plexus-ified) Jill Rodrigues. It's the same messed up cult, the Bates just try to make it more palatable. If they can do it, I feel like anyone can! Scary.

Looking through Carlin's IG comments, and of course there's Becky M begging Josie bates to turn her IG off of private. :pb_lol: 

This girl is a Bates Stan. 

I posted this in Tori's thread, but figured it was a topic that covers many of the Bates spawn, so should post it here:

Crown College gained accreditaion by a nationally accepted body on November 1, 2016. 

http://thecrowncollege.com/about-crown/tracs-accreditation/

Since Patrick Henry and PCC are also covered by the same body, and we know people who went on to post-grad at places like Harvard Law (Harris twin, can't remember which one), this looks legit. 

I don't know how it will affect Tori's degree, if she finishes school, since half of her education occurred when accreditation was still pending. However, if Carlin and Josie stick it out, they'll have real college degrees.

According to Recovering Grace the lawsuit Gil, Erin's FIL, Bill Gothard, and IBLP is involved in will having a hearing tomorrow. 

All these folks being taken down would be a bright spot in 2017. 

I agree with this, but I also think Trace is legitimately needing a way to make money, as it appears (according to instagram) that he has a special friend (or whatever they are calling those people these days). He has his arm around her in two pictures, and in the first one, Josie commented with hearts, and the older kids (Whit, Michael etc.) liked it. As best I can tell, this is a public instagram account, as I was able to find it on google, so I'm posting the first picture that caught my attention here. If this isn't a public instagram, can someone tell me how I can spot the difference?

Looks like Kelly Jo won't be having the Duggars beat her in the marriage race. 

Seriously though if the above is a potential new courtship (with the hearts from Josie leading me to believe it's at least a "getting to know you" thing) Kelly Jo should start charging money to be the fundie matchmaker. 

1 hour ago, colors_outside15 said:

I agree with this, but I also think Trace is legitimately needing a way to make money, as it appears (according to instagram) that he has a special friend (or whatever they are calling those people these days). He has his arm around her in two pictures, and in the first one, Josie commented with hearts, and the older kids (Whit, Michael etc.) liked it. As best I can tell, this is a public instagram account, as I was able to find it on google, so I'm posting the first picture that caught my attention here. If this isn't a public instagram, can someone tell me how I can spot the difference?

Ugh I checked Instagram and the profile was private!

According to Recovering Grace the lawsuit is moving forward to the next phase. I wonder what UP will do if their shiny, happy, totally not running a cult family loses this lawsuit. Probably hope no one notices and they can continue on selling a lie. But I hope tabloid news places pick up on it. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

According to Recovering Grace the lawsuit is moving forward to the next phase. I wonder what UP will do if their shiny, happy, totally not running a cult family loses this lawsuit. Probably hope no one notices and they can continue on selling a lie. But I hope tabloid news places pick up on it. 

Considering they took 7th Heaven off the air when Stephen Collin's sexual abuses came to light only to bring it back. Your probably correct.

7th Heaven is back on UP.

I can see the Bates playing the "we are being persecuted" bullshit.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived