IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

Spanky watching the game yesterday in rather luxurious surroundings. I have a feeling he wouldn't cope too well with a... change in residence. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spinderella Sproul Web site has reported that RC Jr's hearing was Feb 2,  RC Jr pled not guilty, and wants a jury trial that will commence on June 6th. 

His lawyer specializes in drunk driving cases and apparently is incredibly successful at achieving happy outcomes for defendants, so there must be something to this strategy.  These are the charges posted on Spinderella Sproul https://rc-sproul-jr.blogspot.com/

Spoiler

• Operating a Motor Vehicle with Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to .15 or More (Indiana Code 9-30-5-1(b))
  • Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated; Endangering A Person (IC 9-30-5-2(b))
  • Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated or Controlled Substance: Passenger Under 18 (IC 9-30-5-3(a)(2))
  • Neglect of a Dependent, defendant places dependent in situation that endangers the dependent (IC 35-46-1-4(a)(1))

The first two charges are Class "A" Misdemeanors, each punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of 365 days, a fine of up to $500, or both. The second two charges are Class "F" Felonies, punishment from 6 months to 2½ years imprisonment. The advisory sentence is one (1) year and a fine of up to $l0,000.

In all RC Sproul Jr is facing, as a worst case scenario, 7 years in prison and $21,000 in fines. 

Per the sworn affidavit of the arresting Allen County Police Officer Paul Heffner he observed RC Sproul Jr driving left of the center line, failing to maintain his lane, driving off the roadway, striking a curb, and weaving. He was also driving at 30 mph for at least 2 miles with a flat tire on I-469. When he was stopped, the officer observed that Sproul needed support to walk, he swayed, mumbled and had a moderate smell of alcohol on his breath. A chemical test later revealed his blood alcohol content as 0.175, more than twice the legal limit. He was also arrested and charged with endangering the lives of his two minor children who were with him in the car. 

I queried Google, Esquire and asked if it's better to have a jury trial or a trial by judge. Here's an overview with pros and cons.  Judge or Jury: What's better?  

On 1/20/2017 at 2:14 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Some extremists are more equal than others?

Plus he's male. Which means it's more okay for him to go to college than an easily deceived female type, who needs to be sheltered and kept ignorant lest she discover what she is being cheated of.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:18 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky watching the game yesterday in rather luxurious surroundings. I have a feeling he wouldn't cope too well with a... change in residence. 

Dare one ask what's in the jar he's drinking from?

37 minutes ago, Howl said:

His lawyer specializes in drunk driving cases and apparently is incredibly successful at achieving happy outcomes for defendants, so there must be something to this strategy.

I KNOW everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty & that everyone is entitled to a competent legal defense in such cases.

As the family member of DUI victims, however, this stuff makes me absolutely sick. The guy who nearly killed my FIL and ruined his & MIL's lives for a year, ended up with 18 months in prison, and still petitioned to get out early, which was denied. Even if, God forbid, he had killed both of them, there's a good chance he'd still not have done a lot of prison time.

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Dare one ask what's in the jar he's drinking from?

Every time I see that pic I ask myself the same thing, but I think we can be pretty sure it's orange juice and some type of alcohol.  Because hey, it's Mimosa thirty somewhere, right?

• 1 month later...

Just checked R.C. Sproul, Jr. facebook.  It reads as R.C. Sproul, Jr. (Craig Sproul)

Is this new or is R.C. undergoing an identity crisis redo? He doesn't strike me as a "Craig", but maybe that's the point.  His fb otherwise has no content or is private. 

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Just checked R.C. Sproul, Jr. facebook.  It reads as R.C. Sproul, Jr. (Craig Sproul)

Is this new or is R.C. undergoing an identity crisis redo? He doesn't strike me as a "Craig", but maybe that's the point.  His fb otherwise has no content or is private. 

The thought has crossed my mind (not relating to R.C. Jr, but other "juniors") that it has to be hard to go through life as a "junior".

Don't know if he's reinventing himself, or declaring his independence, or striking out to hurt "Sr." somehow, or what. I suppose those are all possibilities, along with things I haven't even thought of.

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

Interesting.  The Vile Kinest Peter Kershaw on one of his anti-Spanky rants pointed out that "R.C. Sproul, Jr." was not entitled to use the Junior.  He was right because Spanky's name is not exactly the same as Dad's.  Kershaw accused Spanky of trading on Dad's reputation.

Dad is (and always has been) Robert Charles.

Spanky is (and always has been) Robert Craig.

19 minutes ago, refugee said:

Don't know if he's reinventing himself, or declaring his independence, or striking out to hurt "Sr." somehow, or what. I suppose those are all possibilities, along with things I haven't even thought of.

Or perhaps Dad has told him not to use RC Sproul, Jr. ever again ...

I thought that since he distinguished himself by getting a serious DUI and been fired from Ligonier Ministries, he needs a fresh and awesome new identity.  I'm cynical this way, but wondering if Senior has truly cut him off financially.  Good lawyers aren't free.  But then, he does have a working wife. 

Two months 'til trial.  Will he get a plea deal?

20 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm cynical this way, but wondering if Senior has truly cut him off financially.

Spanky definitely got the boot with prejudice from his sinecure at Reformation Bible College after the arrest.  Ashley Madison just got him suspended from Ligonier Ministries.  Yes, there is overlap between the two that I don't quite understand.

Senior may still be supporting him financially, but it must be on the QT.

Yes, when he was "suspended" from Ligonier Ministries, he was rumored to have retained his six figure income.  If that spigot got turned off, it's got to hurt. 

Also, name changed to Craig because Spanky just won't do?

Jr's been sick with something for a while...was in the hospital about a week or so ago. Sr. isn't doing well for a long long time, but I was surprised to here Jr wasn't either. Don't know with what, and am a bit embarrassed to say I don't care.

Sr I do care, but Jr...eh. Saw the post and kept in a-scrollin. May be why he wants a court date a ways away.

24 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Jr's been sick with something for a while...was in the hospital about a week or so ago. Sr. isn't doing well for a long long time, but I was surprised to here Jr wasn't either. Don't know with what, and am a bit embarrassed to say I don't care.

Sr I do care, but Jr...eh. Saw the post and kept in a-scrollin. May be why he wants a court date a ways away.

I've read some of Sr's work and really respect him. I'm not such a fan of Jr and his teachings/antics, but I do feel sad to hear that he's in ill health. Those poor kids have been through so much already. I had heard Jr had health issues and I feel terrible for them knowing their one surviving parent is ill.

Senior is a Calvinist and patriarchist (albeit disguised and renamed as complementarian). I don't respect Calvinists or patriarses. Plus, my ex worshipped Senior and kept pointing me to his stuff when I was freaked out about Calvinism and looking for other options.

2 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I've read some of Sr's work and really respect him. I'm not such a fan of Jr and his teachings/antics, but I do feel sad to hear that he's in ill health. Those poor kids have been through so much already. I had heard Jr had health issues and I feel terrible for them knowing their one surviving parent is ill.

I love Sr., and I'm sorry that he ended up with such a disgraceful son. 

You've done what I thought was truly impossible...given me a reason to care for his wellbeing. I genuinely loathe this man for his position on women and nearly everything else, and his proximity to my religious social circle is too close for comfort- nearly recoil at the thought of him anywhere near me and managed to make even Mr. FF skeptical of him- and now I have a teeny tiny bit of a soft spot for him if only for his kids. You might be a miracle worker.

Sr has been quite the money-maker over the years, what with all the $$ charged for his books, sermon tapes & other stuff. It's allowed the family to acquire some nice FL real estate along with the "college" property.

When Sr has moved on to the great boyz club in the sky, that family may feel the difference because no one else seems to have the talent for bringing in the god dollars.

Even if he is a "high functioning" alcoholic, Junior is of an age when the effects of sustained and severe/chronic alcohol abuse starts to be felt; the body just can't anymore.  Liver, pancreas, brain, heart all just start to say "no more".  

Facing  loss of one of his main enablers (Senior), loss of income, pending court date with the real possibility of imprisonment can't be helping. Hope he has good health insurance; otherwise he can add massive hospital bills to his list of worries. 

13 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Senior is a Calvinist and patriarchist (albeit disguised and renamed as complementarian). I don't respect Calvinists or patriarses. Plus, my ex worshipped Senior and kept pointing me to his stuff when I was freaked out about Calvinism and looking for other options.

I'd agree with you that SR is a Calvinist. However, I think there's a world of difference between the patriarchy folks and complementarians. Even under the complementarian umbrella, there's a pretty wide range of views.  I do think SR is a complementarian, but I haven't really seen any evidence that he's on board with patriarchy itself, though maybe I'm missing sometime. Just to clarify - by patriarchy, I'm pretty much talking about the tenets espoused by Vision Forum, the MacDonalds, RC Jr. and some of the folks in the Quiverfull movement.

@FundieFarmer - My old childhood church had lots of ties to both Sproul Sr and Sproul Jr. It was teachings from JR and friends of his like DWP that started things down the road from simply being a conservative reformed church to full-on fundie/legalism.  Like most on here, I value my anonymity but I have a feeling we may have run in overlapping circles.  Best wishes to you!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Lisa Sproul's Facebook page has been down for the past 3 days. Just sayin'...

I can see a post from yesterday; the prior post is dated April 23rd.  Apparently, she's still lovin' on God and Jr.  

1 minute ago, Howl said:

I can see a post from yesterday; the prior post is dated April 23rd.  Apparently, she's still lovin' on God and Jr.  

Huh. I haven't been able to see anything for days. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Huh. I haven't been able to see anything for days. 

Maybe it's back up? 

It's visible now: 

On 12/13/2016 at 9:40 AM, MamaJunebug said:

ISB pass bought & paid for, but did he slap The New Mrs. Sproul, Jr., around once the wedding bands were on?

Lisa has led a life of achievement, which I know doesn't inoculate anyone from having DV tried upon them, but mayhaps he did and she spoke up and they said "Here's your trust fund, buh-bye, Mr. Liability."

But probably not.  But seeing the late Mrs. Denise Sproul in several photos, wearing a scarf that indicates she was in some kind of medical treatment, and smiling bravely ... thinking about the humiliations she endured at her headship's whim ... oh, puts me in a very sad mood indeed.

She is familiar with DV. She has done it herself.

"Life of achievement" lol Get Rich quick scheme's and spending more then is in the bank.

Appearances are deceiving!

On 10/26/2016 at 10:36 AM, Four is Enough said:

She looks terrified.

It is her normal look.

9 minutes ago, Salty1 said:

She is familiar with DV. She has done it herself.

"Life of achievement" lol Get Rich quick scheme's and spending more then is in the bank.

Appearances are deceiving!

It is her normal look.

Oh?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived